Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Internet arguing isn't going to convince you, but until his numbers actually decline, I just don't buy it.

I suppose it depends on how you define declining. His numbers are chugging along just fine, but I think you'll agree that it's not likely he's going to go back to hip tossing 320 lb defensive linemen once a game like he used to.

I guess there's also the yearly scare about his health but that could just be him being a diva.

Strobe posted:

2020+ INT leader Big Ben. Top 5 all-time INTs (top 5 in counting stats is good right?) Most 5+ INT games. Probably gonna close in real hard on the Most Game-Losing Pick 6s while he's at it.

Eh, I'd take Favres career any day for my QB. Ben's not there but he's been around a long time slinging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah I think he is, which should really be unsurprising. The way the guy played for years is insane, and despite being kind of a poo poo OC Todd Haley probably extended his career by years by driving it into his massively concussed head that no, you should not just stand in and try to shrug off every pass rusher that comes at you.

Yeah, his accuracy has gotten a bit more scattershot, especially down the sideline and his high INT total this year is kind of a product of him not really adjusting.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Strobe posted:

I think his numbers are actually going to go way up as a sign of his decline.

His INT numbers.

Through the roof.

2020+ INT leader Big Ben. Top 5 all-time INTs (top 5 in counting stats is good right?) Most 5+ INT games. Probably gonna close in real hard on the Most Game-Losing Pick 6s while he's at it.

Absolutely zero confidence Big Ben doesn't crater hard now that he's driven away two of the best targets any QB has ever had.

There aren't too many franchise Qbs who don't go out in an ignoble end. It might be this year, but then you guys have been saying this for 2 going on 3 seasons now

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

There aren't too many franchise Qbs who don't go out in an ignoble end. It might be this year, but then you guys have been saying this for 2 going on 3 seasons now

This is because Ben has been being a giant manbaby about threatening to retire for... honestly longer than that but it's gotten worse the last couple seasons.

The last desperate gasp of a man self-aware enough to recognize he's heading off the cliff but too proud to admit it to anyone else.

The crater will be immense and entertaining.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Being fair so has Ben

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
A thing I just noticed possibly going back to the Bell conversation, Ben had a ridiculous amount of attempts this year.

Like, yeah he led the league in interceptions, but with how many passes he was throwing it was better than his career average per attempt. Some of this might have coincided with Conner going down, or just the game changing. But either way, Ben had the 4th most attempts ever this year.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Strobe posted:

This is because Ben has been being a giant manbaby about threatening to retire for... honestly longer than that but it's gotten worse the last couple seasons.

The last desperate gasp of a man self-aware enough to recognize he's heading off the cliff but too proud to admit it to anyone else.

The crater will be immense and entertaining.

Lighten up, Francis

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Ben Roethlisberger has had talent around him this whole decade and the most memorable thing he's done is lose to Tim Tebow.

That is My Take.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I for one am glad that the Steelers idea of leadership is to call out teammates in public and that their GM has given Ben carte blanche to trash talk because he's a "leader". I mean one could say that an actual leader would put his ego aside and do what's best for the team by addressing interpersonal problems in-house instead of thru the press, but eh, this is better for the rest of the league.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

As you know from your time with Aaron Rodgers, not every QB is a football robot like PFM and Brady.

Also, Packer fans, stfu your diva QB just drove your SB winning coach out of town

It just occurred to me that all the stupid poo poo people say about Rodgers actually does describe Roethlisberger.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

SKULL.GIF posted:

It just occurred to me that all the stupid poo poo people say about Rodgers actually does describe Roethlisberger.

People say Rodgers is a big fat rapist???

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

People say Rodgers is a big fat rapist???

He said "stupid poo poo" and calling Ben a rapist isn't stupid it's in fact incredibly un-stupid.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

ben sucks and its an insult to the hall that he's considered hof material

anyway can we get back to talking about the sure fire hall of fame julian edelman, gods own slut

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Ben isn't that relevant NOW but yeah back when he was. They've gone all in on Ben while managing to make themselves objectively worse. The Steelers have done a reverse of the Giants with Eli at least they got Saquan and kept OBJ.

For 5+ years the steelers have had an amazing offensive line, the best wr, and a top 3 running back. It's the best situation in the NFL for any qb not named Jared goff. Ben also seems to have played a large role in at least the wr, if not the rb as well, wanting to get the hell off the team

Compared to the giants who have had a bottom 5 offensive line for a decade

Yeah I'd say ben has been treated just fine by the steelers despite his constant whining

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Iodised QQ posted:

For 5+ years the steelers have had an amazing offensive line, the best wr, and a top 3 running back. It's the best situation in the NFL for any qb not named Jared goff. Ben also seems to have played a large role in at least the wr, if not the rb as well, wanting to get the hell off the team

Compared to the giants who have had a bottom 5 offensive line for a decade

Yeah I'd say ben has been treated just fine by the steelers despite his constant whining

Steelers: run off All pro RB and WR to stick by their old QB in decline

Giants: extend All Pro WR and draft all pro RB trying to put weapons around their old QB in decline.

Throw in the stuff about the line and they're literally the reverse for the same reasons and it's great.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Randall and Ward are gonna feast on Ben next year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'd have killed for Rivers to have one of those Steeler offensive lines the last few years

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What would the NFL be like if it wasn't run by guys with empty Red Dog Beer cans for brains

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Executive. They’re useless. Every one we’ve had has been all fluff.

Finance. Now those fuckers churn hours.

Well now I know what word to drop off my resume :haw:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

nerve posted:

id probably do it for 30 and 44

If the Packers offered #44 by itself that probably gets it done.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah he’s realistically gone for a nice ranged 2nd

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ben, Bell and Brown could all stay together and the Steelers would never beat New England in the playoffs as long as Tomlin and Butler are dedicated to playing zone.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dejan Bimble posted:

What would the NFL be like if it wasn't run by guys with empty Red Dog Beer cans for brains

I'm trying to imagine a league where most of the coaches were Bill Belichick and I don't know if it'd be super boring or super entertaining.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm trying to imagine a league where most of the coaches were Bill Belichick and I don't know if it'd be super boring or super entertaining.

It would be 32 layers of awesome ratfucking going in every direction at once. It would own. Every game would be a chaos dimension of new formations and bizarre coverages.

BELICHICK 3 IS USING THE 1-6 DEFENSE AGAINST BELICHICK 9's 5 TE MODIFIED FLEXBONE :wtc:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SKULL.GIF posted:

It would be like a chess tournament of grand masters.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1098987652639084550

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yeah that sounds about right.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The story was empty when I clicked the article link.

But I still believe.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I never would've expected Kraft to get smacked with solicitation charges before Jerry did.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
*runs back into the thread breathing heavily*

Now we know how they deflated those balls.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Meek Mill: Free Robert Kraft

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

you knew the sixth ring would be down there

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MacheteZombie posted:

The story was empty when I clicked the article link.

But I still believe.

Link to the story for what it's worth.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

lmao

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is a gift.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Bob gets around for a guy his age, hell yeah

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
They apparently videotaped him, too lol

https://twitter.com/Tom_Winter/status/1098988960276201474

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Please god let this never get leaked out. No one needs to see this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Well, I fool around sometimes. I do. When a girl seduces me and tells me all of these hot stories and dirty things and tells me how much she wants to suck on me and takes my shoes off and licks my feet and touches me. When I'm in a limousine, she takes all of her clothes. The limo driver said, what is going on? And she started sucking me on the way to Mr. Mill's house. And I thank her. I thank her for making me feel good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Please god let this never get leaked out. No one needs to see this.

:pisstape: