Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah you shouldnt gently caress with the mothman IRL we all know what happened

theyve signed their own doom now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Donovan Trip posted:

I honestly do not understand why Bethesda is even trying. No one would blame them if they just stopped.

Please, Todd. Let everyone go home.

Retool it into a Fallout 4 expansion and cut your losses imo - Just add a bunch of NPC's and side quests and age everything 200 years.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
putting up decoy light bulbs about 60 feet away from my west virginia hovel to keep myself safe while im logged off

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I tried playing mothership zeta and holy moly is it bad. Maybe not Fo76 bad but bad in its own way. The only thing I like more than pipboy is corridors full of bad guys. I don't think I can finish this.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Reality Winter posted:

I tried playing mothership zeta and holy moly is it bad. Maybe not Fo76 bad but bad in its own way. The only thing I like more than pipboy is corridors full of bad guys. I don't think I can finish this.

If you do finish it make sure you obliterate Algonquin Park while you're at it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What even is this?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
pipbutt

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Reality Winter posted:

fo3 has dlc that is ok and dlc that is bad. zeta is the bad.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I don't remember having much issues with Mothership Zeta, beyond the "punch your way out of the cell" at the beginning with a character with no melee skills. I wanted to like Point Lookout more than I did, I still want a Fallout Louisiana after all, but by the time I got there the level scaling was absolutely hosed. Actually, why is Bethesda really bad at level scaling? Broken Steel's high level enemies were the worst, and spending minutes back-pedalling from albino radscorpions was the antithesis of fun.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
In an effort to stop high level players from just blazing their way through the DLC and add some 'challenge' Bethesda made the damage resistances stupidly high on the higher tier enemies so you had to plink away at them forever. They also got an extremely high damage bonus so they could down you in one or two hits but the weapons they used were next to useless when you looted them.

That's when you break out the console and type in /kill so you can move on and explore.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Anthem is getting slammed with mid 50s reviews, can bioware retrieve their crown from Bethesda?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Donovan Trip posted:

Anthem is getting slammed with mid 50s reviews, can bioware retrieve their crown from Bethesda?

No

Anthem is only mediocre, at worst

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's bad but nothing is fallout 76 bad. Fortunately anything less than 'instant phenomenon' with anthem is likely to lead to EA closing bioware, so I'm excited for the weeks to come

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

BioWare killed Mass Effect for Anthem lol

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

No

Anthem is only mediocre, at worst

Yeah you're right, it's easy to lose track of all the serious blunders Bethesda made aside from just making a bad game.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Fallom posted:

Didn't Mass Effect Andromeda kill Mass Effect?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Fallom posted:

Nah, Andromeda was a genuine effort from a team that genuinely did not have the chops to do that kind of game. They didn't short it on behalf of Anthem.

Both Andromeda's and Anthem's greatest sins are genuine poor choices and lack of clear vision, not any kind of high level studio fuckery.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Wasn't the team kinda split up though while both were being developed? Or was that fan hyperbole trying to defend the sanctity of bioware by making it sound like Andromeda was made by a B team?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Donovan Trip posted:

Wasn't the team kinda split up though while both were being developed? Or was that fan hyperbole trying to defend the sanctity of bioware by making it sound like Andromeda was made by a B team?

I think the actual thing is Anthem and Andromeda both started pre-production after ME3, and when Casey Hudson left they shelved Anthem to go full bore on Andromeda. Once Andromeda was well into production they started back on Anthem and Casey Hudson came back to oversee the project.

Most bigger game companies these days have rolling production cycles. There are a lot of people who do work early in production but aren't needed later on so you tend to start them on the next thing while the current one is still getting polished.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 22, 2019

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

marshmallow creep posted:

They said Anthem was Bioware's Fallout 76, but it turns out Starfield is Bethesda's Anthem.

Bethesda wishes they could put out something that's merely mediocre

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Anthem: a house, but not a home
Fallout 76: a home, but not a house

Anthem is really a big scam. It frontload all the content, but dont really have much, so reash that first enemies/quest for hours

Tei fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Feb 22, 2019

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Tei posted:

Anthem: a house, but not a home
Fallout 76: a home, but not a house

Anthem is really a big scam. It frontload all the content, but dont really have much, so reash that first enemies/quest for hours

Tei this is disingenuous and you know it. Fallout 76 cant be a home. And if it was it would delete it the moment someone else tried to enter and replace it with theirs.

And then you would get banned for duping somehow.

Also unless Anthem is also the absolute trashfire of a game that caused a 3 hour video of bugs to be created i think it comes out looking better.

poo poo its the first game in a "new" series so there isnt even a pattern to emulate. Unlike 76 where the pattern is well established and still got hosed up amazingly.

The only thing that fallout 76 has going for it over anthem is that this dumpster fire is possibly funnier.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
TBH there are probably a lot of goons who would feel pretty comfortable in a home stuffed with two century old trash and skeletons with an 8 foot gash in every wall

It would be like the world never ended so long as they had a generator online.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

And it's really more a series in an aspirational sense at that.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

In Fallout 76 you can play a ukulele while looking at the sunset from the porch of your home, and that part of the gameplay.

Tei fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 22, 2019

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar
lmao if your playing fallout and not just constantly drinking garbage water from a toilet

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Anthem's kind of bad because it failed to learn any lessons from the past few years of looter shooters

F76 is very bad because it failed to learn any lessons from the past 30+ years of general game development

Hauki
May 11, 2010

BillyC posted:

lmao if your playing fallout and not just constantly drinking garbage water from a toilet

what if I just want the thrill of drinking radioactive garbage water from a two-hundred year old toilet without any of the consequences?
:thunk:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

marshmallow creep posted:

What even is this?

It is the rear end of the real life mothman statue.

NofrikinfuN posted:

Didn't Mass Effect Andromeda kill Mass Effect?

MEA had really good combat. ME2 being better of course for being harder.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 22, 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
they have plans!

https://twitter.com/bethesdastudios/status/1098987881044029440?s=21

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
What exciting plans! I can't wait to see what new features, new quests, new features, new features and new main story they have in store for us.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I don't know what they'd have to do to get me back in the game. I have a violent reaction to just thinking back to the time I already spent with it.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

they made a graphic, congrats bethesda youre a AAA developer now

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I like how the stuff they have planned for "Fall 2019" is grayed out, as if it's a stretch goal.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
That's actually their internal working document... their roadmap has 9 generalized goals split into 3 time periods.

Yes, Todd wanted "new features" by "Summer 2019" without specifying what it is he actually wants or a date when they are to be ready.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Thanks to all of you for sticking with us. We don't know why, or even how you did it,

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BMan posted:

Thanks to all of you for sticking with us. We don't know why, or even how you did it,

Ron Howard Voice: THey didn't

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

WILD APPALACHIA
RELEASE: SPRING 2019
New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
They kinda already have all the tapes and this just sounds like a daily thing of go kill a monster.
New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
Another lovely daily quest located at BFE part of the map no one goes too.
New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
This should have totally be in the game in at launch.
New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
I thought they said this would be in at launch.
New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
So basically the nuka distillers from nuka world? Kinda should have already been in the game.
New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
A new event that happens with useless masks, meh.
New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
Pvp in the game is just awful.

NUCLEAR WINTER
RELEASE: SUMMER 2019
New Game Mode: Nuclear Winter – An entirely new way to play Fallout 76, completely changing the rules of the Wasteland.
This will just be warmth and wet modifiers to go with food and drink. So maybe something they could have cannibalized from mods already.
New Vault Raids: Vaults 96 and 94 Opening – For our most seasoned players, test your strength in all new high-level group Vault Raids.
Snore super duper mobs that take millions of bullets.
New Feature: Legendary Players – An all-new prestige system will allow players above level 50 to become Legendary, resetting their characters with all new more powerful abilities.
More skills to not balance or maybe to fix their awful skills.

WASTELANDERS
RELEASE: FALL 2019
Embark on a tale with true choice and consequences in Wastelanders – our biggest and most ambitious update for 76. Wastelanders will include a new main questline, new factions, new events, new features and even more surprises.
The fireworks will be wet.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Iron Crowned posted:

I like how the stuff they have planned for "Fall 2019" is grayed out, as if it's a stretch goal.

When they added Christmas stuff to the atom shop they added placeholder data for Christmas until 2027 and I love that not being a round number because it really means they really expected this to run that long at some point.