Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

site posted:

JJ will end with her being a crime boss too

If that means the last shot is her and Luke flying at each other like ASM2, I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hell I'm down, that'd be hilarious

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Retro Futurist posted:

It was more when Bryan Fuller left that it got bad. Then he briefly came back and it got good again, but then he left like 4 episodes later and it went right back where it was.

I'm pretty shocked they're actually going forward with JJ S3. I hope they just treat it like Defenders S2 and give everyone some closure, assuming the contracts allow for it.

So you’re saying Bryan Fuller worked on a project and didn’t see it through? How out of character for him.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

You can tell Gerard Way read a lot of X-Men and Grant Morrison comics, and it’s pretty wonderful. Only halfway through, but all the major players are established in like the first episode or two, and everything comes from their interactions.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kay8vAp-S8

The best Season 1 of any Marvel show is about to roll into Season 2.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I don't know how you guys watched that wet blanket of a season finale and still say "best" anything about that show.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Four episodes into Umbrella Academy and I am really enjoying a lot it, but most of all how completely lost I am at trying to piece what's happening when compared to the comics.

I can see the pieces, Number 5 coming back, the destruction that will happen soon, Hazel and Cha-Cha hunting him down, but everything is mixed together that makes the whole development unpredictable.

A lot of the characters getting more expanded backstories is also a welcome change, although I could do entirely without Vanya's creepy boyfriend subplot.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I am also 4 episodes in and liking it despite not knowing anything about Umbrella Academy beforehand. I will say that in addition to the sub-plot you mentioned, I find anything to do with the Vanya character terribly boring.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
And the musical sequences are great. I have no idea who is in charge of these but the Ep. 4 montage with Hazel and Cha-Cha high of their tits burning the laboratory was so good. This is such a stark contrast to the usual TV comic series, they toned it up instead of down.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

GLOSS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kay8vAp-S8

The best Season 1 of any Marvel show is about to roll into Season 2.

Hell yeah! Easily one of the best TV shows Marvel has done. I'm excited. And unlike the Netflix ones, I don't have to worry about this one being cancelled after this.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Well now you've gone and jinxed it so who knows what Freeform is gonna do now :xd:

(:ohdear:)

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Freeform is just Disney and considering that they don't seem to ever want to kill AoS, Cloak and Dagger is probably safe for a while considering I have seen way more positive talk about Cloak and Dagger than I have probably ever seen about AoS in general from random people.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Umbrella Academy is decent, but reading the comic makes me think it should have been animated instead, and Doom Patrol makes me think it could have leaned a bit further into the overtly fantastical than it does. I dunno.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Barry Convex posted:

Umbrella Academy is decent, but reading the comic makes me think it should have been animated instead, and Doom Patrol makes me think it could have leaned a bit further into the overtly fantastical than it does. I dunno.

Yeah, Doom Patrol has some leeway, but it's pretty far out there as it is. I liked that first episode a lot, and I'm looking forward to more.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Dougray Scott cast as Jacob Kane on Batwoman. Seems like a reasonable choice.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mllaneza posted:

Yeah, Doom Patrol has some leeway, but it's pretty far out there as it is. I liked that first episode a lot, and I'm looking forward to more.

Is it on the same once-a-week sked that Titans was?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
WHY DIDN'T YOU ASSHOLES TELL ME THEY USED TMBG IN UMBRELLA ACADEMY

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Because we hate you

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

zoux posted:

Is it on the same once-a-week sked that Titans was?

Looks like it. Fridays at 6pm PST until May 25, according to the article I found.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Because it was upstaged by the scene using Tiffany.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
That one goon who said that it's like the series was directed by Wes Anderson was surprisingly spot-on

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Samuringa posted:

That one goon who said that it's like the series was directed by Wes Anderson was surprisingly spot-on

https://twitter.com/patrickhwillems/status/1098292327339184128

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/GriffLightning/status/1098333073018630144
Hot drat.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gone. What was it?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vince MechMahon posted:

Gone. What was it?

Leaked trailer for THE TICK season 2

HUG FIGHT!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
DID IT INCLUDE A RELEASE DATE?

SPOOOOOON

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

April. Forgot the day.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

April 5.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
April. A fine month, of spring and rebirth. Like a nobleflower, we rise from our slumber between season to spread pollen of Justice, bloom with righteousness!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aw poo poo I never finished watching S1, just plain forgot about it until now.

Now I'm looking forward to rewatching it all!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Open Marriage Night posted:

I disagree!

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

If Umbrella Academy hasn’t already been greenlit for season 2 after that finale then gently caress Netflix foooorever.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Open Marriage Night posted:

It wasn't a perfect show imo and was really brought down for me by the (mid/late series character development spoilers) adopted incest schtick, but gosh everyone in that show could sell having a great time dancing.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 21, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What's making me enjoy Umbrella Academy is I knew nothing about it going into it. Oh I knew it was kind of like if X-men were more dynfunctional, but that's about it. So I have zero expectations on anything or anyone. It's great. Like Titans, I knew Trigon was the ultimate thing, because when you have Raven first show up, that's what its gonna be.

I'm going to have to read the comics once I've finished the series.

I does have one problem, it's shot in Toronto, and like Titans, i recognize a lot of the locations, especially where Ellen Page's apartment is. I used to go past there every day for 3 years when i worked downtown.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Alright, I finished the season.

I have absolutely no idea where it is going now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Raise your hand if you're shocked that Em is a Punisher fan

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

zoux posted:

Raise your hand if you're shocked that Em is a Punisher fan

gently caress, didn't he even have a celeb plug comic with him?

https://www.marvel.com/comics/issue/28034/eminempunisher_2009_1

Yes, yes he did

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
KJ Apa should have had a cameo in Punisher.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Riverdale is hosed up enough I can totally seeing them bringing the Punisher aboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Medullah posted:

Riverdale is hosed up enough I can totally seeing them bringing the Punisher aboard.

I used to have his comic and the Sabrina(iirc)/Sonic crossover. I wish I knew what happened to them. I had a poo poo ton of Archie comics going back to the 60s.

Cheryl Blossom was my favorite. It had a really cute advice column too iirc