Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted:

-very parry focused combat but not like bloodborne parry but metal gear revengeance parry

All parries are good but this does have me excited
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzmZOU5hVr8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Cowcaster posted:

-no moonlight greatsword

I'm still holding out hope for inclusion in the dlc but otherwise will have to reconsider the term Souliroborne

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

miyazaki sounded absolutely adamant that he didn't want any souls/bloodborne/kings field etc. etc. references in this game, even as little easter eggs. he absolutely wanted it to be its own creature and feels like the onus of being required to include references/goofs like that feels restrictive towards the developers getting to make their own thing

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

if you ARE willing to read articles/watch videos gameinformer ran a month long thing about sekiro through january with lots of nitty gritty info here:
https://www.gameinformer.com/sekiro

gently caress yeah, I loved their month-long Spider-Man feature a while back.

funny as gently caress that the two premier games in March both have protagonists who lose their arm and get it replaced with something rad, MGSV really was ahead of its time

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

The Colonel posted:

i've never played warframe but i'm going to say it's alright because i heard that it just casually dropped the fact that a character in it is trans and that's kind of cool

Best advice I was ever given? "Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you." I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter. Opened my eyes.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

funny as gently caress that the two premier games in March both have protagonists who lose their arm and get it replaced with something rad, MGSV really was ahead of its time

Yup, Sekiro and Barret Wallace.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

if you ARE willing to read articles/watch videos gameinformer ran a month long thing about sekiro through january with lots of nitty gritty info here:
https://www.gameinformer.com/sekiro

i am not

But thanks for the breakdown, it sounds great and even more my poo poo than I realised (I was gonna buy it day 1 anyways) I'm ok with no online stuff because I never really bothered with that side of things other than helping people out with hard bosses sometimes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm still holding out hope for inclusion in the dlc but otherwise will have to reconsider the term Souliroborne

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_jpqs3GbyA

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Someone put that one guy's teddy bear av on this thing

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

what about soulsboro

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

seksbros

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This post is completely irrelevant to the discussion happening atm but I just wanted to say that I woke up thinking about .hack//sign and I think that it's a really good anime and I'm glad I experienced it when I was younger and I haven't seen too many of the current genre of "stuck in an mmorpg" animes but //sign did it first (I think) and still did it best imo.

What a good show.

Anyway yea feel free to ignore this, just wanted to pop in for no real reason other than to say that that was on my mind because my brain decided to bring up .hack//sign in my sleep.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
seksborne

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MMF Freeway posted:

Currently it's King's Soulsborne Core when it comes to Moonlight

Did Lost Kingdom have a Moonlight card I always got stuck halfway through that game and gave up.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Looper posted:

what about soulsboro

If it doesn't have a MLGS it doesn't get to be in the portmanteau. Hardline Traditionalist btw

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sign is pretty good, but the ending where all the characters turn to the screen and point at you, the viewer, to buy the video games is fairly lmao

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

[

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

sign is pretty good, but the ending where all the characters turn to the screen and point at you, the viewer, to buy the video games is fairly lmao

I think it works pretty well on its own, they did a fairly good job of making it so that you could easily stop at the end of //sign and be satisfied with the ending without playing the games imo.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

:hmmyes:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Currently it's King's Soulsborne Core when it comes to Moonlight

Did Lost Kingdom have a Moonlight card I always got stuck halfway through that game and gave up.

i don't think so, even though yeah it'd be really easy to just have the end game evo of your starting dragon knight wield it

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Any robot that has a computer monitor on it should be playing a dog video with said monitor at all times.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1099002908757184517

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo Sekiro Comes Out In A Month

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

my buddy Superfly posted:

Any robot that has a computer monitor on it should be playing a dog video with said monitor at all times.

This would be OP because then nobody would be able to shoot Pathfinder

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

my buddy Superfly posted:

With the wrinkles below Pathfinder's eye/face, it looks like a grizzled Toad in <s>power armor</s>pupper armor.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't think I stand with the forum on Tomb Raider Anniversary :( I'm up to the dino fight and so far there's been way too much trial and error platforming combined with not knowing where to go cause of a shoddy camera.

At least it's honest to the original game I guess :v:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Stop playing the Wii version? It's literally 98 cents on Steam right now!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also I think this rumor is funny because I'm reminded of all the people that used to yell at Nintendo to be third party so they could play their games on Xbox and PlayStation.

https://gematsu.com/2019/02/rumor-microsoft-and-nintendo-collaborating-to-bring-xbox-game-pass-and-select-first-party-titles-to-switch

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yeah, my friend mentioned that earlier and i knew that the xbox was the minority console these days but i hadn't realized how bad it had gotten for microsoft

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If this means Blinx on the Switch then hell yea I always wanted to try that game out

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

If this means Blinx on the Switch then hell yea I always wanted to try that game out

I think Blinx needs a hard drive to work unless all that marketing it had about the time mechanics it had was just Blast Processing fluff.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

it's impressive that every non-sports EA title has been just dismantled or hosed with.

The E3 stage presentations for EA and Bethesda this year are going to be some poo poo.

Remember back when EA bought Bioware and it felt like EA was rebranding all of their non-sports/shooter stuff as Bioware and it seemed like EA was going to be the Bioware company from now on? What happened to that?

I said come in! posted:

Yeah I think Warframe would be that game, but I really don't like Warframe and don't understand the hype around it. I don't like the design of the characters or the world. It's just an appealing looking/cool universe in my opinion, but that is entirely subjective and personal preference.

My problem with Warframe is that half the mission types are just flying through the level as quickly as possible and ignoring everything, which is boring and monotonous and strains my pinky. Of course I haven't played since before they added that big "open world" area.

Also once I got a beefed up Hek and Saryn Prime I could stroll through just about any of the content with zero difficulty. I know I could intentionally handicap myself to add some challenge back to the game, but that just doesn't appeal in a game where getting strong is like 90% of the fun.

PantsBandit posted:

It is. Terraia has a great curve, from 1 hour in to 100 hours in you feel like you're getting stronger, learning to manage an inhospitable world, but there's always another zone out there that can make you feel frail again.

Starbound had some of the same charm but suffered from too much procedural generation.

I think the two biggest things that killed Starbound for me are:

1)The curve feels flat. In Terarria you can go from having a bow that shoots an arrow to a bow that shoots 5 arrows that home in on enemies and call down shooting stars wherever they hit. In Starbound you go from having a gun that deals 10 damage to an enemy with 100 hp to a gun that deals 50 damage against an enemy with 500 hp.

2) The gameplay just feels clumsy and bad. Playing Starbound vs. Terarria feels like playing some long forgotten SNES mascot platformer by a no name developer vs. playing Super Mario World.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there won't be a blinx on switch because microsoft did not renew their rights to the blinx ip

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Remember back when EA bought Bioware and it felt like EA was rebranding all of their non-sports/shooter stuff as Bioware and it seemed like EA was going to be the Bioware company from now on? What happened to that?

Turns out that releasing mediocre garbage under a prestigious name will quickly rob it of its value

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Colonel posted:

there won't be a blinx on switch because microsoft did not renew their rights to the blinx ip

Now anyone can use it!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what's the difference between a blintz and a crepe anyway

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Phantasium posted:

Stop playing the Wii version? It's literally 98 cents on Steam right now!

I don't like PCs for gaming except strategy stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

what's the difference between a blintz and a crepe anyway