Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Tiggum posted:

These both annoy me but they also contribute to another thing, which is the job ad asking how much you expect to be paid. No, you loving tell me how much you're offering and I'll decide if I want to apply. Don't ask me so you can either throw out my application for asking for too much or hire me for less than you'd have paid someone else because you know I'll put up with it.

This question should be illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Why you should always leave work on time:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/really-always-leave-office-time-andrew-mcgregor/

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’ve said it before my my main pet peeve with that is the person who complains if someone is leaving earlier even if that person arrives earlier. Granted as long as someone is getting their job done I wouldn’t really care if someone was leaving early anyway. I doubt they would be that much more productive in that time as long as they weren’t blowing off work

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I'm currently trying to listen to an online training webinar, and the speaker has a hacking wet cough and -- GUUHHGHSHGH -- is audibly snorting up her mucus into her throat. :barf:

It's 3 minutes into the webinar, I need it for my job, but Jesus CHRIST, this is torture.

Maybe 50% of all my posts in this thread are complaining about webinar speakers' voices, and maybe I'm unusually sensitive to sound or something, but for the love of God, if your job involves recording your voice for others to hear:

1) :siren: Don't loving snort your snot into the microphone :siren:
2) Get some loving elocution lessons or practice first or SOMETHING, dear God, so we don't have to listen to you lisp/drone/whine/screech/uhhhhhmmmmmm for an hour.

This includes Ira Glass and Sarah Vowell, who are abominable.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I hate mouth sounds

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Everybody should be like Hello Kitty

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shibawanko posted:

I hate mouth sounds

Sinus Infection: ASMR

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Negrostrike posted:

Everybody should be like Hello Kitty

Tattooed on my ex?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

If you're gonna slam on your keyboard while you're on a conference call, please mute your phone.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The best. The absolute loving best. Was when I was on a conference call, and some chucklefuck put the call on hold, so it played his company's hold music. Then the host of the call couldn't figure out how to mute or disconnect that person, so he re-hosted the call and got everyone to call in again.

Guess who didn't bother calling in again. Go on, have a guess.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Rabbit Hill posted:

I'm currently trying to listen to an online training webinar, and the speaker has a hacking wet cough and -- GUUHHGHSHGH -- is audibly snorting up her mucus into her throat. :barf:

It's 3 minutes into the webinar, I need it for my job, but Jesus CHRIST, this is torture.

Maybe 50% of all my posts in this thread are complaining about webinar speakers' voices, and maybe I'm unusually sensitive to sound or something, but for the love of God, if your job involves recording your voice for others to hear:

2) Get some loving elocution lessons or practice first or SOMETHING, dear God, so we don't have to listen to you lisp/drone/whine/screech/uhhhhhmmmmmm for an hour.

I binge watch TLC while working the graveyard shift and I swear to God everyone on my 600 pound life must be coached to be as bored and lispy as possible in the narration.

GetBehindTheMule
Feb 7, 2019

Rabbit Hill posted:

Shibawanko posted:

I hate mouth sounds

Related: Podcasters who eat on mic.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

CelticPredator posted:

Sinus Infection: ASMR

I'm pretty sure what people describe as ASMR is just the same sound sensitivity misophones have but those people have a different psychological makeup so that they actually enjoy that poo poo.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Shibawanko posted:

I hate mouth sounds

I think it was Neil Cicierega's best work :(

(also you guys are mean for running him off the forums)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Pizza delivery people. Not only are you half an hour late despite having 2 hours lead time before my scheduled delivery, the delivery guy doesn't say a single word. He just hands me the pizza and starts walking away. I paid by card and called after him like "hey don't you want your tip and don't i have to sign?". He didn't say a thing, and I gladly put 0 dollars in the tip line because I'm sure this fucker would have written in his own tip if I hadn't.

Franchises are what is wrong with businesses. If you are so big you need to let unqualified people with no standards run your branches, you are being presumptuous. I complained once, got a free coupon, used it, ordered again tonight and now I will never order from it again unless I get a scanned copy of every staffmember's termination notice at this location, and I told them this in my complaint, which I'm sure will be ignored since I headed it with "do not send me any more drat coupons i will throw them out".

I want to see heads roll, not get more bad food almost an hour after it is scheduled to be delivered.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I've been seeing a lot of pictures lately where it's a screenshot of a Facebook post or something, and there are black bars over stuff like they were trying to cover it up but it's only 80-90% black so you can still completely read the text. How do you do that on accident? Why would you do that on accident and then post it anyway? It just bothers me because it's so stupid.

And why are people redacting names from stuff that was posted publicly?

Then when I point out that I can still read all of it, somehow I'm the rear end in a top hat that's invading privacy.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

People who say "I love people". I already hate you.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I hate anyone who’s “currently in” or “based out of” somewhere. Just say you loving live there

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

"hails from"

:barf:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

"My new year's resolution is 3840 x 2160! :haw:"

Yeah, that joke got a chuckle from me the first time I heard it, from someone that had recently upgraded to SVGA. Go shove a Trident card up your rear end.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Woolworths have turned the weight sensors back on on their self checkouts, so now if you bring your own bag (which most people do now that they're not giving out free plastic bags) you've got to get a staff member to come and override it or waste time piling everything onto the scanner before transferring it into a bag at the end.

Hopefully it won't take long for them to remember why they disabled the sensors in the first place and turn them back off again.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Woolworths have turned the weight sensors back on on their self checkouts, so now if you bring your own bag (which most people do now that they're not giving out free plastic bags) you've got to get a staff member to come and override it or waste time piling everything onto the scanner before transferring it into a bag at the end.

Hopefully it won't take long for them to remember why they disabled the sensors in the first place and turn them back off again.

It's store by store whether or not the weight sensors are on.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

If I can't find an employee to come do an override, I just hit the scale really hard and it lets me finish without complaining again. I don't know why it works, but it works every time.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Pizza delivery people. Not only are you half an hour late despite having 2 hours lead time before my scheduled delivery, the delivery guy doesn't say a single word. He just hands me the pizza and starts walking away. I paid by card and called after him like "hey don't you want your tip and don't i have to sign?". He didn't say a thing, and I gladly put 0 dollars in the tip line because I'm sure this fucker would have written in his own tip if I hadn't.

Franchises are what is wrong with businesses. If you are so big you need to let unqualified people with no standards run your branches, you are being presumptuous. I complained once, got a free coupon, used it, ordered again tonight and now I will never order from it again unless I get a scanned copy of every staffmember's termination notice at this location, and I told them this in my complaint, which I'm sure will be ignored since I headed it with "do not send me any more drat coupons i will throw them out".

I want to see heads roll, not get more bad food almost an hour after it is scheduled to be delivered.

In 2019 expecting someone to make the minimum effort to perform their job is bullying.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
In 2019, a lovely pizza an hour late is exactly the amount of effort that the chain pizza places deserve from their employees. poo poo job for poo poo wage, poo poo effort.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We're getting an unusual amount of snow for our region, but transplants won't shut the gently caress up about "This is NOTHING! We'd get 69 FEET of snow every morning!!!"

gently caress off, rear end in a top hat!!! It's a lot of snow for where we are right now!!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Pet peeve: lovely chain pizza. Find a nice local pizzeria! It's so much better!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's possible the pizza delivery person was having a bad night and could not give a rat's rear end about you or your lovely pizza. I've never had a food delivery person just wordlessly hand over food and walk away.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
My pet peeve is when answering a call I need to verify the caller (telco company) and 6/10 customers don't know it and 1/10 start arguing why they should not have to give it. Getting the 6/10 to just guess what it could be (19/20 guess correctly) is like pulling teeth. Getting the 1/10 to stop whining takes much longer than just guessing anything and letting me move on to other verification methods. Do these people not understand why we verify and that every company on the planet will verify before doing anything

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

DizzyBum posted:

Pet peeve: lovely chain pizza. Find a nice local pizzeria! It's so much better!

Listen: I get it. I really do.

But only the lovely pizza chain has a website with a pizza builder that lets me cover my pizza in goat cheese and bbq sauce. I don't want to have to say these things out loud.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Killingyouguy! posted:

But only the lovely pizza chain has a website with a pizza builder that lets me cover my pizza in goat cheese and bbq sauce. I don't want to have to say these things out loud.

Maybe you should be forced to say it out loud so you can be called out on your awful life choices! :colbert:

(It's really the BBQ sauce I have a problem with. Goat cheese pizza sounds pretty good.)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Does goat cheese melt well? I've been meaning to make a goat cheese pizza ever since I played Kingdom of Loathing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Brawnfire posted:

Does goat cheese melt well? I've been meaning to make a goat cheese pizza ever since I played Kingdom of Loathing.

I use this stuff for pizza and it kind of goes a little bit hard on the outside as it dehydrates, but it's soft in the middle. It's loving delicious.

https://shop.coles.com.au/a/a-national/product/meredith-dairy-marinated-goat-cheese-6671042p

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Uhh, who doesn't like barbecue chicken pizza with double red onions? Barbecue sauce absolutely does have a place on pizza, in the right setting.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Some people get real mad at the existence of certain toppings on pizza (chicken, BBQ sauce, pineapple as the top 3 probably)

But I recently discovered that my favorite pizza is a local shop's

Olive oil instead of pizza sauce
Overcooked tiny potato cubes
Garlic cloves
Bacon lardons
Egg Yolk
Mega thin crust

And so I can never have any opinion on pizza bastardry ever again

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My previous AND current employers had/have regular office-wide meetings for which pizza was always ordered and neither employer was capable of ordering a goddamn normal cheese pizza.

I'm vegetarian (carnivores get normal pepperoni pizza) but I don't want your weird ~unique~ artsy poo poo pizza! Spinach isn't a sauce!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Killingyouguy! posted:

Spinach isn't a sauce!!

If you leave it in the fridge long enough it becomes one.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I don't like pineapple on pizza, but that's because I don't like pineapple to begin with. I like pineapple juice, though, so I think it's just a texture thing.

Barbecue sauce and chicken can totally go on a pizza, even at the same time, and you're weird if you think that's gross.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Killingyouguy! posted:

Related: when the drivers from the local poo poo pizza chain reads your order out loud to you.

“We got two thin crust larges, one on creamy garlic with pepperoni and banana peppers, one hamburger and jalapeno on bbq, teriyaki boneless wing, hot boneless wing, ten breadsticks double marinara, a cookie, a diet pepsi, and four blue cheeses”

Yes we gorge on this erry week but NO we are not proud and do not need reminders

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Killingyouguy! posted:

My previous AND current employers had/have regular office-wide meetings for which pizza was always ordered and neither employer was capable of ordering a goddamn normal cheese pizza.

I'm vegetarian (carnivores get normal pepperoni pizza) but I don't want your weird ~unique~ artsy poo poo pizza! Spinach isn't a sauce!!
Is "vegetarian" not a standard option where you live? They've usually got capsicum, onion, olives, mushrooms and sometimes pineapple. In any case, a plain cheese pizza is a food crime. At least get a margherita or garlic pizza. You've got to have some flavour on there.

Leavemywife posted:

Barbecue sauce and chicken can totally go on a pizza, even at the same time, and you're weird if you think that's gross.
Barbecue chicken is a pretty common pizza, so I don't think this is exactly an unpopular opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The pizza shop I used to work at made bbq chicken pizzas with onions confit. It was pretty good.