Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

I did my draws last night at rear end o'clock because I was up for some reason and didn't really take notes before the ensuing inventory feng shui, so this is maybe incorrect, but:

12?/80: Gordon USB, Rapha USB, Locke USB1 (dupe), Rikku CSB, Bartz Earth BSB, Decil BSB...3? (the dark/fire one), Vayne BSB, Noctis Glint, Alphinaud Glint, Fujin LMR, Ricard LMR, Cid XIV LMR (dupe), maybe some other dupe thing I merged

$5, 4/11: Decil ASB, Haurchefant BSB, Shadow LMR, Vaan LMR(1? debuff length)

Pretty low on dupes which is nice. Gordon USB is at least a better in-realm haste option than Leila unique, plus I have a bunch of other stuff for him. Rapha USB is maybe nice for a lightning mage team as it has a buff? :shrug: I have Tidus' chain (and USB and OSB), so getting Riku's releases him from that obligation, but I was pretty okay with just entrusting him the extra bar and enjoying just completely making GBS threads all over everything water weak with chain+3 strong DPS (Tidus, Edge, Bartz); not sure how to shuffle that party to accommodate her. I'm thinking Edge will probably end up sitting out as depending on the fight Ninja stuff can be unreliable, his USB kinda sucks at this point, and he's stuck using his lovely old unique katana as I don't have anything else he can use with water boost. Nice crop of enelement LMRs, though I don't really use Fujin much any more and have never really used Ricard or Shadow much given a lack of high-end stuff for them. Overall, great haul for free, no complaints.

Decil wants so badly to be on my Dark Phys team but without his ultra he's not going to beat out Vayne or Riku, let alone Orlandeau. Not sure what I'm going to do for the pick, I've got all the major suspects covered now (well, not OK pUSB, but that will be purchaseable for lenses in a few months and I'm sort of reluctant to use a pick on it as I have other options) so I might just blow it on Laguna USB or something. Need an ice chain though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AstraSage posted:

Alright, can someone judge my haul?

Agrias's USB2 is a lynchpin of any holy team going against something with less than full holy resistance (particularly the FFT torment) and Ignis USB is fantastic speed tech. Rikku USB2 is very similar to Agrias USB2 but for water. Terra USB1 is probably the best of the first-generation USBs, and given the self-buffs and Terra's trance mode, it means she can more or less be self-sufficient in physical teams if you need to.

tl;dr: you got a lot of drat good tech for torments and crystal towers but it's not earthshatteringly good on the magicite front.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Nihilarian posted:

you get 2 pulls, fyi

Yeah, first one was underwhelming. Thanks for the heads up though.

After some time away it astounds me how much more generous FFRK is than anything else on the market. It’s one of the few titles that actually lives up to the promise of F2P.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

First 40: Aria USB, Vanille USB1, Quina BSB1
Back 40: Rydia OSB, Selphie USB1, Scott LMR (who knew there was a character named Scott), Emperor BSB2

Wondrous Draw: Mustadio USB, Zidane BSB2, and Godwall for the USB pick.

Pretty weak on the 40 pulls, but I can't complain about free and at least Team Healing brought some game.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
My second 40 pull had 6 discos!! 1 dupe!!

Leon usb
Steiner usb
Wakka usb
Galuf usb (the vof enearth one)
Jecht usb1?
Seifer csb (dupe)

:negative:

At least I got ellara usb, Ashe aosb, yuffie usb2 from the previous one.

Is sora bsb a squall bsb2 clone? That with the lmr and usb is good right? I got those two from my 2/22 kh pull. I guess it wasn’t the worst thing?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

KataraniSword posted:

Terra USB1 is probably the best of the first-generation USBs, and given the self-buffs and Terra's trance mode, it means she can more or less be self-sufficient in physical teams if you need to.

It's also fairly unique in that the EX mode buff lasts for 25 seconds instead of the usual 15. Back when it first came out there was a great strat of popping it, triggering her trance, and then entrust botting to her to open-palm slam OSBs at 4x cast speed.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Lots of new stuff this morning!

40x #1
Fang USB1
Zell USB
Rydia USB1
Naabat USB (dupe)
Gladiolus OSB (dupe)

40x #2
Aerith USB1
Vaan OSB
Vanille LMR2
Ashe BSB
Strago BSB
Steiner BSB
Terra BSB2 (dupe)

500 Gem Pull
Tyro USB1
Selphie Glint
Lenna BSB1

USB select was Godwall

Aside from Godwall, nothing super outstanding, I feel, but it gives me a lot more options than I had before.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Who are good ice mages that aren't ysayle, or good water mages that I can pull USBs for from the select?

My other option is aerith USB2 or maybe some physical lightning

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

MF_James posted:

Who are good ice mages that aren't ysayle, or good water mages that I can pull USBs for from the select?

Rydia's the only water option unless I'm forgetting something. It's an okay USB, not the best, but water mage gear is rare in general.

Your best ice option is Rinoa, followed by Serah and Edea. I'm not quite sure how witch stuff is working right now, but Edea's kind of being pulled in two different directions with witch and black mage stuff.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

MF_James posted:

Edea, Rinoa, Lulu. Edea's the standout with Witch Double, since I don't think Rinoa bUSB is on this.

There's no good water mage options. Rydia USB1 is it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I don't know if it's on the select but Onion Knight is a good water mage with usb3

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Nihilarian posted:

I don't know if it's on the select but Onion Knight is a good water mage with usb3

It's not on the select. I would have chosen it in a heartbeat if it were...

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what’s the cutoff on the ultra picks anyhow, i wouldn’t spend 5 dollars on the privilege but i did scroll through the list to see if wind god gau’s thing was on there and it wasn’t

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Vivi and Palom aren't water/ice primary but hungrycast + doublecast lm2 means you should be able to impersonate one

Edea and Rinoa aren't bad if you don't mind not getting anything for water though

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!

Cowcaster posted:

what’s the cutoff on the ultra picks anyhow, i wouldn’t spend 5 dollars on the privilege but i did scroll through the list to see if wind god gau’s thing was on there and it wasn’t

3/13, about 3 and a half weeks.

Edit: Derp, thought you were talking when the pick goes away.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 22, 2019

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Up to the Sephiroth USB2 event. That was just before the Type-0 Seven & Sice debut; those two aren't in the select. So that's like... mid-August, I think?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Nihilarian posted:

Vivi and Palom aren't water/ice primary but hungrycast + doublecast lm2 means you should be able to impersonate one
The added bonus for using Vivi as a water mage is that his USB giving en-fire makes him take less fire damage too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
update: I did, in fact, not get a single chain

I got Garland's Arcane though so I continue to just be flush with dark poo poo even though I only play this game like every few months

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
80-pull haul:

Seymour CSB, Vaan USB2, Alphinaud USB1, Minwu USB(the healing one), Wakka USB2, Vayne USB, Cloud W-Cast Wind LMR, Seifer LMR, Cid (IV) BSB (dupe), Wrieg BSB, Ingus BSB, Cid (IV) LMR.

Ultra Select:

Rydia OSB, Selphie BSB (dupe)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I got 10/92:

Laguna LMR (Dupe)
Pecil's Wall USB2 :confuoot:
Tifa Glint
Tidus AOSB :toot:
Selphie BSB :toot: (I didn't have a FF8 medica)
Rinoa CSB :toot: :toot:
Freya LMR (dupe) (I have four of these now and I didnt play ffrk for like a year, I have over ten +wind dmg armors now lol)
Ingus radiant shield BSB (dupe)
Desch USB (dupe)
Vivi OSB (dupe)

Could have gone better but I've had really good luck with the daily draw lately so w/e

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 23, 2019

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hello record keeper thread, i did not enjoy the direction of the game much with the new torments and i basically quit playing, but the 40 pulls made me update and try them. my first one was 5/7 dupes and only two 6* relics, and one of them was Raiden (and the other was dupe Ashe OSB) my second was 3/40 with one of those 3 being an FFBeyond LMR (although i did get Red XIII chain, although my earth magic is poo poo) since i decided to uninstall i did a final gently caress you pull of Kingdom Hearts. and this happened

i have Sora doublecast spellblade LMR already. i have Riku AOSB and USB already. i guess i can do some stuff now, huh.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there was that guy who flamed out pretty hard a little while back and i feel for them about being lazy because i'm the laziest person in this thread so i guarantee even if you take a years worth of time off you won't fall behind me so feel good about the stuff you draw

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah, I stopped playing for like 6 months, came back, made 1 lucky pull and was able to clear the last two magicites that were roadblocking me. It will be a long time before I can do even the easiest of the 5* magicites, mostly because I'm too lazy to look up / keep track of all the AI patterns and poo poo, but if you wait long enough the power creep eventually carries you through all the stuff that kicked your rear end the first time.

Honestly the thing that most surprises me is that they've managed to squeeze enough juice out of the games to keep the whole thing going, they've gotta be scraping the bottom of the barrel by now when it comes to events / characters / bosses.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i don’t think they just out of the blue threw out two free 40 draws, no

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Agrias's USB2 is a lynchpin of any holy team going against something with less than full holy resistance (particularly the FFT torment) and Ignis USB is fantastic speed tech. Rikku USB2 is very similar to Agrias USB2 but for water. Terra USB1 is probably the best of the first-generation USBs, and given the self-buffs and Terra's trance mode, it means she can more or less be self-sufficient in physical teams if you need to.

tl;dr: you got a lot of drat good tech for torments and crystal towers but it's not earthshatteringly good on the magicite front.

Thanks for the evaluation, it's good to know I had good reasons to be excited of getting Ultras for Agrias, Ignis and Terra:

Agrias was a cool character that was kinda stuck at Super-and-below + Materia tech for a good while and the Tactics Torment really could need something to boost my DPS like an in-Realm Imperil.

Not counting its amazing effect, Ignis' Ultra was great as a drop because my XV options were very focused on Noctis, Iris and Prompto (with none of the latter two having anything above Burst-level + Materia), so outside of Gladio (who was Super + Too-many-Materias-without-proper-SB-support, so I appreciate the +10 ATK from his Burst) I was lacking of stacked enough characters for a Full Synergy Torment Party.

Terra's USB1 is enough of a Legend to be glad of getting even though I'm quite well-equipped for Fire Magic with stuff like Papa's Ultra or Krile Chain.

That said, Rikku's USB2 is the one Disco I kinda accepted more moderately because she's my only Chain-holder for Water and she already had some problems juggling the Chain with any of her other SBs...

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Three torments down :toot:

Endgame fights have definitely gotten a lot easier with the stat cap changes. If you can reach the new soft caps, it's something like a 23% damage increase for physical and 30% for magic, compared to the old caps.

Spoz
May 25, 2006

What are the new softcaps? I've been aiming for high 700s bare minimum for physical.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Spoz posted:

What are the new softcaps? I've been aiming for high 700s bare minimum for physical.

1298 for ATK and 2038 for MAG.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

AstraSage posted:

That said, Rikku's USB2 is the one Disco I kinda accepted more moderately because she's my only Chain-holder for Water and she already had some problems juggling the Chain with any of her other SBs...

The imperil is more important than the chain for the Torment, and for Phoenix you'll be getting enough gauge to run both pretty consistently because he just shits out attacks. I had no problems juggling both of Rikku's USBs and Tidus Chain/USB1 in that fight.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my new pulls let me 30 second the old magicite i hadnt been able to before, mostly, except i still cant do golem and bismarck for poo poo. my new earth chain is a trap. why is there no earth magic in this game. why is there no good wind magic. why is life hell. answer me!!!!!!

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Got you, ya bastard bone-bag. :blastu:

MightyMar
Oct 18, 2012
Pulling on the KH banner and gettings Riku's BSB, Glint and Awakening finally let me clear the Siren Magicite!

Seeing Riku do 3 attacks in one turn and critting for 20k is something else :devil:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Honestly the thing that most surprises me is that they've managed to squeeze enough juice out of the games to keep the whole thing going, they've gotta be scraping the bottom of the barrel by now when it comes to events / characters / bosses.

There's gobs of FF14 content they could do but it's probably awkward since FF14 is more or less a direct competitor

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
How so?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

DENA and Square are two different companies, and when people spend time playing one company's game that's time they're not spending playing the other.

I'm sure there's a synergistic effect too, where FF14 content in FFRK makes people more likely to play FF14 and vice versa, but when was the last time FF14 did anything FFRK-related?

I think doing more FF14 stuff would be a net positive for DENA but I can understand why they don't

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Trying to narrow down my Ultra selections.

Minwu USB1
OK mUSB
Kelger USB
Cloud USB1
Marche USB
Agrias USB2

is the shortlist.

Minwu for rare WHM Double, OK to help with some magicite clears, Kelger because it would probably get me a FFV D??? clear, Cloud just because everyone has it, Marche or Agrias would probably get me a FFT D??? clear.

However: Kelger is on the FFV post-4A banner 2 that I plan on pulling on for Bartz USB3, Cloud I only really want because people hype it and is on anima lenses, 5* Dark is a while away for Minwu, I'm not 100% convinced I need OK to clear Belias, Typhon or Hecaton (though he probably makes it easier), and I will still lack the other of Agrias/Marche, plus how smart is selecting for Torments, really?

Also I'm planning on chasing Bartz and TGC AASBs so those alone might make up the torment gap.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Trying to narrow down my Ultra selections.

Minwu USB1
OK mUSB
Kelger USB
Cloud USB1
Marche USB
Agrias USB2

is the shortlist.

Minwu for rare WHM Double, OK to help with some magicite clears, Kelger because it would probably get me a FFV D??? clear, Cloud just because everyone has it, Marche or Agrias would probably get me a FFT D??? clear.

However: Kelger is on the FFV post-4A banner 2 that I plan on pulling on for Bartz USB3, Cloud I only really want because people hype it and is on anima lenses, 5* Dark is a while away for Minwu, I'm not 100% convinced I need OK to clear Belias, Typhon or Hecaton (though he probably makes it easier), and I will still lack the other of Agrias/Marche, plus how smart is selecting for Torments, really?

Also I'm planning on chasing Bartz and TGC AASBs so those alone might make up the torment gap.

Minwu's USB doesn't have en-element, so unless you have a chain, just keep in mind its limitations.

If you have Agrias' old BSB then Marche is the definite winner for D??? between her and Agrias.

I think OK's mUSB is the best choice of that list, it has by and far the best versatility and bang for your buck.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I’m really stumped on what to pick for my Ultra, is there a handy guide that will walk me through it?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

iamsosmrt posted:

I think OK's mUSB is the best choice of that list, it has by and far the best versatility and bang for your buck.

Probably helps that I have his IC2 LMR as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

triplexpac posted:

I’m really stumped on what to pick for my Ultra, is there a handy guide that will walk me through it?

Elarra is commonly thought of as the most powerful right now, by far the best healer USB in the game atm. Tyro Godwall is very popular also. Onion Knight's buff USB's are very good if you want someone who can help buff up any team (mUSB is stronger because it lets him be a competant mage, he's never a great physical dps, though with the new celerity skills he can be OK at wind/lightning)

Other than that it's basically what would be most useful to you, is there an elemental team that needs help, is there a certain character you really like, etc.

If it helps narrow it down, here's a list showing which ones you can choose that will NOT be available for "free" in the future via a system that gives you points for dupes to let you choose relics.
https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/atmhr9/wonderous_relic_draw_select_list_not_available/

Indecisive fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 23, 2019