Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/868152962690031616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
"I don't stand by anything"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

3. say "and i'm not him"

this did me a memory of an article from 2016 that made me lmao the grim lmaos of portending doom when it came out, and now it gives me fresh retrospective lols today

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/magazine/hillary-clinton-campaign-final-weeks.html

Hillary Clinton in that Failing NYT article posted:

Clinton envisions a model more suited to her skills and comforts. It also could portend a very different style of president — without the sweeping themes of Barack Obama, the moral certainty of George W. Bush or the explanatory clarity of Bill Clinton. Can Hillary Clinton do a better job inspiring people from the White House than she has from the campaign stage? Would it become easier or harder to do without Trump around to embody everything she has ever opposed and scare the daylights out of her base? “Don’t blow this” is what Clinton hears most often these days, she told me, or variations thereof. As it has turned out, Clinton, who began her campaign intent on breaking the last barrier — the glass ceiling — has found her most compelling rationale in her own role as a barrier, a bulwark against the impossible alternative. As I was leaving our interview, she smiled, looked me in the eyes and left me with a casual reminder. “As I’ve told people,” she said, “I’m the last thing standing between you and the apocalypse.”

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
what happened with the ndt accusation anyway? I heard like one thing ever about it then it just vanished

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/floozyesq/status/1099110120166957057?s=20

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Zooey Bechamel is a loving stellar twitter handle

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Her account is good. I follow for the sports takes but enjoy the others

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Rip Mic Dicta

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Oh, that's where the smiley comes from.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

crazy cloud posted:

this did me a memory of an article from 2016 that made me lmao the grim lmaos of portending doom when it came out, and now it gives me fresh retrospective lols today

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/16/magazine/hillary-clinton-campaign-final-weeks.html

okay yeah I just audibly groaned. we deserve all of it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ScrubLeague posted:

Rip Mic Dicta

A. What was it? All I know is it had the guns muslim
B. What killed it?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
the wiki pedia guy is married to a tony blair staffer
https://twitter.com/jimmy_wales/status/1027606662386016258

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ScrubLeague posted:

Rip Mic Dicta

for real

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

ikanreed posted:

A. What was it? All I know is it had the guns muslim
B. What killed it?

legal podcast with mostly left hosts

one of the founders, @ugarles, basically had ideas about who the podcast “belonged” to, who should appear on it, etc and no one wanted to keep it going once they heard his ideas

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I never listened to the show but Ugarles is a pirates fan and therefore his co-hosts are to blame

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

That was loving surreal when Trump called out Dave Weigel on Twitter for posting an out of context image of empty bleachers at a rally venue

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol i just remembered the existence of lauren southern, canadian chudette

emdash posted:

legal podcast with mostly left hosts

one of the founders, @ugarles, basically had ideas about who the podcast “belonged” to, who should appear on it, etc and no one wanted to keep it going once they heard his ideas

my understanding was that the biggest barrier was their day jobs between all of them, complicated by tariq going through a depressive episode or something who was doing the editing or mixing some such

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
and then that weird twitter thing happened with their account that they wouldn't say who was responsible for

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
You may have missed this https://twitter.com/floozyesq/status/1093721965347700736?s=20

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
LMFAO I’ve been waiting for the first podcast to fall apart when one of them tries to go solo and all their fans would be crushed like when John left the Beatles, except instead of teenagers crying to see their heartthobs fight it’s 40 year old IT guys

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/shrecknet/status/1201715849570201602

we are so so hosed

like, listen to the people chortling it up that these two ancient ghouls just showed up on Colbert, who is himself drifting closer every day to "I said mean things about Trump, that's just like resisting, right?" And :gritty: being there is just le height of comedy, my goon sire.

Shrecknet has issued a correction as of 02:46 on Jul 27, 2022

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Easy Diff posted:

https://twitter.com/easydiff/status/1092927483501051905

we are so so hosed

like, listen to the people chortling it up that these two ancient ghouls just showed up on Colbert, who is himself drifting closer every day to "I said mean things about Trump, that's just like resisting, right?" And :gritty: being there is just le height of comedy, my goon sire.

thank god we have Bernie 2020

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

ScrubLeague posted:

Rip Mic Dicta

While we're at it, RIP Tarfu Report. The David Brooks helium segments were pretty funny

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
why are people spelling Mike Ditka wrong

Mike Ditka did nothing wrong

e: oh they named it that on purpose, that's just loving stupid

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 14:11 on Feb 23, 2019

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

cool dance moves posted:

While we're at it, RIP Tarfu Report. The David Brooks helium segments were pretty funny

Malcolm Gladwell or the Unabomber?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSxKwMo_2SI

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/04/03/bernie-sanders-walked-into-costumed-battle-anime-boston/qbrYAD7vMZ0wdWL8a9O3JK/story.html

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Security forces once again clashed with young opposition forces, threatening local endangered monkey, as food crisis worsens.

Opposition leader jafar is ready to take on role of interim President

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Fuckin' centrists!

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

frankenfreak posted:

Fuckin' centrists!

Someone post that pre-Trump graph where self described centrists both preferred strongmen leaders and disliked democracy more than either the far left or far right

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

lol that sucks

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Easy Diff posted:

a bunch of Senators hauled Mr. Rogers in front of them to tell him they weren't spending another dime on CPB and to get his wishy-washy kid crap and get packin'

he owned them with love and kindness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKy7ljRr0AA
Fox News ran a hit piece on this man, arguing that he was making children weak and soft.

Javid posted:

what happened with the ndt accusation anyway? I heard like one thing ever about it then it just vanished
The recent ones where he creeped out women faded from public view after his public statement that he didn't realize he was being a creep and halfheartedly apologized for it while being clearly unaware of why it upset them.

The woman he allegedly raped has changed her story bit by bit over time (no way to know whether it's because that's how memory is or because she made it up) and there's so little factual information available (at least to my knowledge, correct me if this isn't the case), that it's probably impossible to determine whether she drank too much and he put her in bed to sleep it off or he drugged her and raped her. Skeptics and science fans write her off because she's into alternative medicine, crystal healing, and other woo, but that's completely irrelevant and entirely a condemnation of those movements and how terrible they are. AFAIK, the only investigation being done is by the network and production company that makes tens of millions of dollars off of him hosting a show, so we'll almost certainly never know what really happened.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Some chud lady making up a story about being impregnated by Roy Moore to try and trick WaPo, but having it backfire and her lying being caught on hidden camera.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

ghaddafi's crush on condoleeza rice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.