Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Priggee titled that one "rear end in a top hat Apology", so you might be on to something there.

Yeah, that happens when you get expelled for always ranting about the "rodent community" amongst the student body.

Poop-touch status: :five:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Technowolf posted:

Adam Serwer and Jasmine Walls on T. Thomas Fortune.

Is that anime girl with a moustache supposed to be a black man?`

I had to re-read it a couple of times before I realised he wasn't a fancy bartender that flashed his gun to make black people pay more.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I think there's a better joke in here where he reveals himself to have been a priest and it's like "Actually I am".

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

That's a lovely Will Smith caricature.

https://www.kxly.com/news/grant-county-sheriff-tells-deputies-not-to-enforce-washington-s-new-gun-laws/1001318987

It's snowed three times in Las Vegas this week.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Gaybies Nomination: Most easily reinterpreted.
If USA man is Smoullette that would mean the only people calling you racist homophobes are the PEOPLE YOU PAID.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

I love the expression on the Green Cat there. :3:

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

I want to cuddle green new deal.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

ryonguy posted:

Okay, but are we supposed to read this as being sympathetic to the business people? The rest of his work isn't particularly pro-capitalism.

I went looking for commentary from the artist to clarify this question and haha holy poo poo he has an even worse cartoon that I don't remember seeing posted here before
https://twitter.com/davidhorsey/status/995050552995147777

now I'm wondering whether we're even supposed to side with the guy mad at Amazon paying zero tax on the previous page or if he's intended to be DUMB AND SO GODDAMN CRAZY
E: this one

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Once again the nations shitheads come together to mock the very concept of believing someone who says they are a victim.

But also to just blindly believe anything they claim.

Hmm, what's the difference between someone like Beeler, and Smollett? Something that might color their opinion.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Somfin posted:

In 2024, Rall has Rallston not recognise a fellow political cartoonist who's boozing it up with a former President and a former rock superstar at a Club Med. making GBS threads on a recently deceased member his own profession for no loving reason at all. Same diff, right?

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at Rawl making GBS threads on a more talented and successful cartoonist again, but a quick googling didn't reveal any particular beef between him and MacNelly; am I missing something? And speaking of MacNelly let's take a look at his ability to coherently lay out a 3d space by way of contrast:

Even his simpler stuff has more impact and energy:

I guess he retired to Florida and did some beach paintings :nws: http://www.jeff-macnelly.com/images/dog-beach%2072.jpg

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Hello friends, I am trying to find an old Tim Krieder cartoon. I can't find it on The Pain archives, probably because I can't remember its name.

The one I'm looking for is the one where he's old and he's telling his grandkid (in fetishwear) about pets and his kids are offscreen yelling at him for using the "p" word.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I can understand what the joke is and I can figure out what every person is supposed to be doing and where they are in the room. Are you sure this is a political cartoon? 🤔

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Hand Knit posted:

Hello friends, I am trying to find an old Tim Krieder cartoon. I can't find it on The Pain archives, probably because I can't remember its name.

The one I'm looking for is the one where he's old and he's telling his grandkid (in fetishwear) about pets and his kids are offscreen yelling at him for using the "p" word.

It's a Marty Two Bulls I think actually

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Hand Knit posted:

Pretty sure this is the fella.

http://www.thepaincomics.com/weekly010905.htm

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

bunnyofdoom posted:

It's a Marty Two Bulls I think actually

It's definitely Krieder. I can picture everything except the title, which is unfortunately the piece of information I need to find it.

e:
Thank you!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

quote:

Artist's Statement
Frequently Asked Questions About This Cartoon:
1a. and 1b.) What are you, some kind of (a) pro-slavery racist (b) animal-rights-hating rear end in a top hat?
Oh my goodness no. No no no no no. No. I'm not equating slavery to pet-owning, or implying that that slavery was as harmless as owning pets--or even, necesarily, that owning pets is harmless. All I'm pointing out in this cartoon is the somewhat random and unpredictable nature of moral trends. (Did I say moral trends? What am I, suggesting that morality is relative, rather than absolute--a matter of mere fashion? Well, no, no, not really. I mean sort of, I guess, yes. Yes.) And it's impossible to predict what the moral standards of the future are going to be and try to live up to those. Who knows what future generations will condemn us for? Owning pets? Eating meat? Driving cars? Having babies?

I don't want to get into a while big thing here. Well, I guess I'm already into one. poo poo. Look, I'm not saying that morality is relative, so whatever, man. I realize that there there are plenty of people today who are holding themselves up to what they imagine the moral standards of the future ought to be, fighting for good causes that now seem fringy and hopeless--animal rights, reparations for slavery, the abolition of corporations--just as there were plenty of people who opposed slavery for hundreds of yers before it was actually abolished. I'm trying to do this myself in my own paltry impotent little way. It just seems arrogant and hypocritical of us to assume that people of a hundred or two hundred years ago were somehow morally inferior to us. Because let's not forget that the Abolitionists were a vocal minority, a fringe group, considered a bunch of fanatics and wack-jobs by the majority of responsible people, who, like most of us, went about their business and didn't really care about politics and figured that the way things were was probably about as good as they could get and making a fuss wasn't going to change anything. Maybe they disapproved of slavery in the abstract but it didn't really affect them, and what could they do about it, anyway? So let's not get on our High Horse.

For the record, I do own a pet, a cat which I call the Quetzal and treat with creepy doting affection.
2.) Except but why is that little boy wearing S&M gear? Like, what are you, some sort of pervert?

Ha ha, oh my land no of course not. I was just trying to imagine what outlandish fashions children might wear fifty years from now. I considered the usual little spacesuit with the clear plastic helmet and those art deco flared discs around the shoulders, but the funniest idea I came up with--well, actually, I believe maybe my girlfriend Allison came up with it--was that they'd wear leather. If you think about it, it's only an extrapolation from the increasingly sluttly fashions that prepubescent girls are wearing in imitation of various pop stars these days. At the moment it's the girls who are sex objects in our culture, but that can change. Young boys have been eroticized in lots of societies. And homosexual culture is a pervasive influence on the tastes and styles of mainstream American culture. So who knows? Fifty years from now maybe you'll be ranting about decency and shame while your own kids shrug and roll their eyes as they buy cock rings and dog collars for your eight-year-old grandson, explaining that all the other kids are wearing them and they don't really mean anything anymore, it's just a fad, so why not?

If you want to get pretentious about it, which it seems like I usually want to, the boy's dress also further complicates the cartoon's central issue, which is about fluctuating cultural (and moral) norms. It's extremely hard to predict trends (much less something as arbitrary as fashions) but the one thing we do know for sure about the future is: we're going to hate it.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Digging through the archives, Krieder's "Bill Clinton: fun-loving sex-haver" stuff didn't age very well.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah pretty much. But also in the pre-cellphone days I felt like that when my internet went out. every alternative to whatever it is I was trying to do also involves the internet somehow.

Nowadays I can even have the internet on cross-Pacific flights so my expectation of having it always has only gotten stronger.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on three Tories joining the Independent Group – Three Conservative MPs who resigned to join a new independent group on Wednesday said Theresa May had allowed their former party to fall prey to hardline Brexiters"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Theresa May must go in three months, cabinet ministers say

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... MPs jumping ship

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah pretty much. But also in the pre-cellphone days I felt like that when my internet went out. every alternative to whatever it is I was trying to do also involves the internet somehow.

Nowadays I can even have the internet on cross-Pacific flights so my expectation of having it always has only gotten stronger.
Learn to knit.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I was wondering, thanks for this. Intersex cardinal says Trans Rights.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Feb 23, 2019

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I... love Jeremy Piglet

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... MPs jumping ship

Never thought I would say this, but I miss Mac. The new guy is just so bland, you forget the panel while reading it. Mac was a hateful old racist, but he knew how to structure a basic joke.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Do you brits have , like , an alien infiltration thing going on, and you dont realize it?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hihohe posted:

Do you brits have , like , an alien infiltration thing going on, and you dont realize it?

Have you ever watched a single episode of Doctor Who??

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Internet Kraken posted:

I worry about this person. They seem to spend 100% of their time dwelling in the depths of despair.

The comic where they met Matt Groening was really sweet and happy :)

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

count_von_count posted:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at Rawl making GBS threads on a more talented and successful cartoonist again, but a quick googling didn't reveal any particular beef between him and MacNelly; am I missing something? And speaking of MacNelly let's take a look at his ability to coherently lay out a 3d space by way of contrast:

Even his simpler stuff has more impact and energy:

I guess he retired to Florida and did some beach paintings :nws: http://www.jeff-macnelly.com/images/dog-beach%2072.jpg

IIRC Rall's beef with MacNelly was that that he was successful and of a previous generation and it was obviously these "old boys" that were the ones keeping comic genius Ted Rall down/from more success. Part of this was he claimed no one was interested in his unique "style" because they only wanted MacNelly like art. MacNelly was actually a pretty good cartoonist, he also made Shoe and Pluggers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

count_von_count posted:

Man missed his calling to do liner art for Snoop Dog albums.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I am genuinely not sure what the point of this one is but how kind of him to give a nice long space on her arm to photoshop "mike lester beats his wife" onto.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

I am genuinely not sure what the point of this one is but how kind of him to give a nice long space on her arm to photoshop "mike lester beats his wife" onto.

I think the intended meaning is that the people that Democrats (ALL Democrats, in 100% lockstep at all times) support or are friends with turn out to be horrible monsters or dishonest creeps, and therefore Democrats (ALL Democrats) are dumb and so goddamn crazy.

Of course, the way that I read it is that Democrats judge people based on their actions and don't blindly support somebody (sadly this also isn't true) just because they're part of their "tribe". The mixed messages of making the Democrat a giant, ugly woman (?) also muddies the waters quite a bit, and throwing in the pussy hat is also incredibly hosed up.

Edit: Of course the version of this cartoon with a Republican being tattooed would have pristine, untouched tattoos of various pedophiles and openly corrupt criminals.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Okay, let's look at these names for a bit.

• Weinstein
  • Spacey
  • Franken
  • Griffin
  • Stormy
  • Blasey Ford
  • Northam
  • Fairfax
  • Jussie

To be honest I'm blanking on who Griffin is referring to here, but everyone else are Milkshake Ducks, more or less. Although I don't think I was even aware of Weinstein before he got kicked to the curb. But why is Stormy on the list? What does he suppose the straw Dem has against her? And, whoa now, why is Blasey Ford crossed out? That we're mad at her for not taking down :kav:? Oh, no, because of course she made up the attack, like Jussie seems to have. :fuckoff:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jerusalem posted:

I think the intended meaning is that the people that Democrats (ALL Democrats, in 100% lockstep at all times) support or are friends with turn out to be horrible monsters or dishonest creeps, and therefore Democrats (ALL Democrats) are dumb and so goddamn crazy.

Of course, the way that I read it is that Democrats judge people based on their actions and don't blindly support somebody (sadly this also isn't true) just because they're part of their "tribe". The mixed messages of making the Democrat a giant, ugly woman (?) also muddies the waters quite a bit, and throwing in the pussy hat is also incredibly hosed up.

I don't know why Ford or Stormy Daniels is on there if this is the message, although I guess Lester doesn't live on the same planet as me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah the list includes people who did a variety of different things, but they all kind of get lumped together under "IS BAD", but the person getting the tattoos is wearing a hat associated specifically with an anti-sexual assault movement.

Basically, Ramirez has two Pulitzers but also is horrible at his chosen craft.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't know why Ford or Stormy Daniels is on there if this is the message, although I guess Lester doesn't live on the same planet as me.

Conservatives talking point has been: Judge Beer got confirmed which proves Ford was lying.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jerusalem posted:

Basically, Ramirez has two Pulitzers but also is horrible at his chosen craft.
That's Lester. He has no Pulitzers and beats his wife.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God, how the gently caress did I mix those two up? It's me, I'm the ill-informed voter :negative:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Don't feel bad for mixing them up. I one day hope I'll be able to remove the worthless knowledge I've stored up about the most worthless of professions, political cartoonists.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Edmund Lava posted:

Conservatives talking point has been: Judge Beer got confirmed which proves Ford was lying.

ramirez having TWO pulitzers is why that poo poo's on the list with noble peace prizes on the list of poo poo I'd straight refuse if offered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Scaramouche posted:

IIRC Rall's beef with MacNelly was that that he was successful and of a previous generation and it was obviously these "old boys" that were the ones keeping comic genius Ted Rall down/from more success. Part of this was he claimed no one was interested in his unique "style" because they only wanted MacNelly like art. MacNelly was actually a pretty good cartoonist, he also made Shoe and Pluggers.

Makes perfect sense. The guy was successful and well respected by his peers. There is no faster way onto Rall's shitlist.