Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Titan vs Barbaro Cavernario, 2/22 CMLL

WATCH THIS ONCE THE VIDEO IS ON YOUTUBE!

2nd holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Your Boy Fancy posted:

HM: Shota Umino vs Zack Sabre Jr, Honor Rising Japan 2019, 2/22

What you’re expecting to be a fun romp with the Long Mover turns into a coming out party for Umino. He’s gonna be a loving star.

2nd it was an excellent match

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Your Boy Fancy posted:

What you’re expecting to be a fun romp with the Long Mover turns into a coming out party for Umino. He’s gonna be a loving star.

Wow, I almost forgot to Third this. What a shame that would have been.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Yeah I'm gonna HM this. I am lucky to have a dear and personal friend in Shota Umino, Future GOAT

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This was cool as poo poo and everyone should watch it to say they were there when Shota broke out and confirmed our suspicions he was the future of New Japan.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: Gresham & Liger vs. Ishimori & Robbi Eagles - Honor Rising 2019 Night 1, 2/22 - fun exchanges between Gresham and Eagles, great ending real fun short match.

and I can't believe I'm saying this but...

HM: Delirious & Cheeseburger vs. Colt Cabana & Yano Toru - Honor Rising 2019 Night 2, 2/23 - Really really good comedy match

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

I just watched this and I'm still convinced you're pulling a rib on PSP or my peon brain doesn't understand Lucha.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Yep. This was fantastic

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Nth

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

I just watched this and I'm still convinced you're pulling a rib on PSP or my peon brain doesn't understand Lucha.

We are not pulling a rib on you, it was a great match. The Arena Mexico crowd seemed to agree (since they threw a ton of money in the ring)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

The crowd was so into it by the end and unlike some lucha matches which feel like an exhibition, this felt like an actual struggle, especially by the end. And Titan was so happy to win. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hkfepT_D8&t=3904s I feel like this match is way more accessible than any CMLL singles match of the last year.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Takashi Iizuka, Minoru Suzuki & Taichi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Kazuchika Okada and Toru Yano - NJPW Takashi Iizuka Retirement Match - 2/21

Seriously, a match predominantly focused around Iizuka and Tenzan was good! Full of great callbacks to Iizuka's career and interactions, everybody was in on the joke (including the crowd and commentators) but took it seriously and produced a match that was just plain fun and about the best way a wrestler like Iizuka could ever hope to go out.

Agreed super fun and the best ending

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Agreed again. Umino is going to be a star

MassRafTer posted:

Yup. That third fall was amazing

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MassRafTer posted:

That second fall was 😙👌

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NickRoweFillea posted:

That second fall was 😙👌

It did a really good job of setting up that Titan was the underdog but had a way to beat The Caveman.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, that is a drat fine match. My only criticism is if Cavenario didn't let Titan have a little too much space (e.g. when he dumped him behind the barricade and went back to the ring in the first fall) it could have sold his early dominance even better, but the rest of the match was excellent. Really want ZSJ to steal that final hold, too.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

IT'S ON YOUTUBE! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hkfepT_D8&t=3899s

I'm nthing this. It's been my favorite lucha match so far this year.

I've been sick, so I've fallen behind on watching stuff, but a couple other nominations I have to second:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. KUSHIDA, Road to New Beginning 1/29

HM: Yusuke Okada vs. Koji Iwamoto (c), AJPW World Junior, All Japan New Years War
HM: Hijo Del Vikingo, Laredo Kid, and Myzteziz Jr. vs. Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr., & Tito Santana, AAA on Twitch 1/19
HM: Meiko Satomura vs. Reika Saiki, Tokyo Joshi Pro 1/4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYHeyFsUrAE

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 24, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nthing Cavernario/Titan

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara vs. Suwama - AJPW Excite Series (2/24)

Maybe the best match I've ever experienced live. Kento is a goddam superstar.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rovert has described WOW as a cross between what people thought wrestling was in the 80s and what sit com writers make wrestling look like on sitcoms and it's so accurate. This match is fine but the finish is something someone with a really weird view of wrestling would think is a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EoU3XVgZOA

Feel bad for the women involved as it's a finish designed to make them look stupid.

For those who don't want to bother watching the match:
https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1099777120308473863

It's a short match so it's a short fun watch with a funny ending.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Off topic but the above post reminded me - has anyone ever seen the LPWA PPV that was always listed in the PWI Almanacs every year?

It was called "Super Ladies of Wrestling" or something - in all my years online I've never come across the show

edit: nevermind, I found it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v3Jlajlh3Q

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

Rovert has described WOW as a cross between what people thought wrestling was in the 80s and what sit com writers make wrestling look like on sitcoms and it's so accurate. This match is fine but the finish is something someone with a really weird view of wrestling would think is a good idea.

Feel bad for the women involved as it's a finish designed to make them look stupid.

It's like if the people who made the Netflix GLOW show decided to up and create their own promotion. This show is deeply bizarre and dated on multiple levels.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

This is weird like did both wrestlers forget that only 1 of them can be champ? Awful finish.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I like how Titan does the Miz lariat but goes all the way to the floor

Also seconded in case it hasn't reached moty yet

I Before E fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 26, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm doing some catchup on some of the stuff I've not seen while my computer was broken.

MOTYC
02/10 | PAC (C) vs. KZY for the Open the Dream Gate Championship - Dragon Gate

One of the last things I did before my hard drive died was bookmark this to watch and it turns out my timing was imbeccable because in the post match promo Shun Skywalker challenges PAC for the Open the Dream Gate Championship (I love the way PAC says that with his exaggerated pronounciation) and the match is going down today so that's something to look forward to. Anyway, this was a really great match with some hellaciously crazy spots like the instantly infamous top rope tombstone that probably murdered KZY. It's what you'd want from a Dragon Gate match.
02/19 | Kento Miyahara & Daisuke Sekimoto vs. The World (Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yoshitatsu) - Giant Baba Memorial Show
Considering the complete absence of stakes on a memorial show, this was better than it could have been. And now I'm deeply upset we'll almost certainly never get a singles match between Miyahara and Tanahashi and more's the pity because the teasing when they got to work together was just so cool. Although the coolest spots of the match went to Sekimoto, both his powerslam on Tana which got an amazing pop and him giving his own partner a German suplex purely to ensure that Yoshitatsu also got suplexed is a great power spot. And the finishing deadlift straight jacket German suplex with a bridge was beautiful.

As an aside, pretty sure this only needs 1 more nomination to get on the list so give it a watch if you've not. It's well worth your time.
01/06 | Lucha Brothers vs LAX - Impact Homecoming
Can't quite believe that I'm saying this about an Impact match. It was a really great spotfest of a tag. The only 2 knocks were the crowd were terrible and the finish was a bit iffy because you could see Penta outside not even trying to get in to break the pin, just standing outside with his hands on his knees. Flat finish doesn't detract from the rest of the match though. Clearly I need to see more of this incarnation of LAX. But boy, that Impact crowd sure managed to chant every dumb American indy chant from the 00s.

Hopefully get through a few more tomorrow, need to see the Titan Cavernario from last week and more Kento Miyahara.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

I'm doing some catchup on some of the stuff I've not seen while my computer was broken.

MOTYC
02/10 | PAC (C) vs. KZY for the Open the Dream Gate Championship - Dragon Gate

One of the last things I did before my hard drive died was bookmark this to watch and it turns out my timing was imbeccable because in the post match promo Shun Skywalker challenges PAC for the Open the Dream Gate Championship (I love the way PAC says that with his exaggerated pronounciation) and the match is going down today so that's something to look forward to. Anyway, this was a really great match with some hellaciously crazy spots like the instantly infamous top rope tombstone that probably murdered KZY. It's what you'd want from a Dragon Gate match.
02/19 | Kento Miyahara & Daisuke Sekimoto vs. The World (Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yoshitatsu) - Giant Baba Memorial Show
Considering the complete absence of stakes on a memorial show, this was better than it could have been. And now I'm deeply upset we'll almost certainly never get a singles match between Miyahara and Tanahashi and more's the pity because the teasing when they got to work together was just so cool. Although the coolest spots of the match went to Sekimoto, both his powerslam on Tana which got an amazing pop and him giving his own partner a German suplex purely to ensure that Yoshitatsu also got suplexed is a great power spot. And the finishing deadlift straight jacket German suplex with a bridge was beautiful.

As an aside, pretty sure this only needs 1 more nomination to get on the list so give it a watch if you've not. It's well worth your time.
01/06 | Lucha Brothers vs LAX - Impact Homecoming
Can't quite believe that I'm saying this about an Impact match. It was a really great spotfest of a tag. The only 2 knocks were the crowd were terrible and the finish was a bit iffy because you could see Penta outside not even trying to get in to break the pin, just standing outside with his hands on his knees. Flat finish doesn't detract from the rest of the match though. Clearly I need to see more of this incarnation of LAX. But boy, that Impact crowd sure managed to chant every dumb American indy chant from the 00s.

Hopefully get through a few more tomorrow, need to see the Titan Cavernario from last week and more Kento Miyahara.

Nth all of these, if I haven’t already

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Blue Demon Jr vs La Parka vs Dr Wagner Jr, AAA 3/3

The match was Wagner and Demon brawling while La Parka got beat down in the ring after a run in. Awful finish that you see all the time in AAA too. Rest of the card was pretty good that I saw.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Blue Demon Jr vs La Parka vs Dr Wagner Jr, AAA 3/3

The match was Wagner and Demon brawling while La Parka got beat down in the ring after a run in. Awful finish that you see all the time in AAA too. Rest of the card was pretty good that I saw.

2nd. There was nothing good about that.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Momo Watanabe (c) vs. Jungle Kyona for the Wonder of Stardom Championship - Dreamslam in Nagoya (3/3)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
NJPW New Beginning in USA Night 1 - 30th January 2019 Chucky T vs David Finlay

An entertaining plunder-filled No DQ match that didn't exactly have a lot reason to it happening but Chuck is good fun in these and I think Finlay came out stronger. Definitely worth a watch.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Veto

Senerio fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 17, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
Dragon Gate Open The Champion Gate Night 2 - 3/3/19
PAC vs Shun Skywalker

Not his best match but a solid outing defending the Open the Dream Gate title against one of Dragon Gate's best younger wrestlers. And man can Skywalker (who is just 22!) get some distance on his moonsaults, looks effortless flying halfway across the ring.

Watch it here

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 5, 2019

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

HM
Dragon Gate Open The Champion Gate Night 2 - 3/3/19
PAC vs Shun Skywalker

Not his best match but a solid outing defending the Open the Dream Gate title against one of Dragon Gate's best younger wrestlers. And man can Skywalker (who is just 22!) get some distance on his moonsaults, looks effortless flying halfway across the ring.

Watch it here

2nd the HM. PAC was working his WWE heel style instead of going all out like the Kzy match which really brought it down a bit from that. However instead of being a dud like when he worked that style against Flamita, it worked here. Complemented the story being told of Shun Skywalker as a talented, promising rookie perhaps biting off more than he could chew when he made the challenge.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
MOTYC: Will Ospreay vs Switchblade Jay White - NJPW 47th Anniversary Show
HM: Jushin Thunder Liger vs Taiji Ishimori

A damned fine show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Baron La Croix posted:

A damned fine show.

Nth these.

Also want to HM
Bushi and Shingo Takagi vs Roppongi 3K from the same show

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Baron La Croix posted:

A damned fine show.

Yes to both of those.

forkboy84 posted:

Nth these.

Also want to HM

And also this

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Any of the multimans worth a watch?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

Any of the multimans worth a watch?

Honestly? Everything on the show was at worst fun and totally worth a watch. Not HM mention calibre but seeing Kojima make Suzuki's chest bleed from chops? I'd say that's worth a watch. (It was probably just a scratch but the idea is cool)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Nth these.

Also want to HM

Baron La Croix posted:

A damned fine show.

Nth

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Honestly? Everything on the show was at worst fun and totally worth a watch. Not HM mention calibre but seeing Kojima make Suzuki's chest bleed from chops? I'd say that's worth a watch. (It was probably just a scratch but the idea is cool)
i thought ishii/tacos vs nagata/toa was a really good little undercard match as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron La Croix posted:

A damned fine show.

forkboy84 posted:

Nth these.

Also want to HM