Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I assure you my time is very valuable

:eng99:

Imagine needing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
The vamos is pretty cool but I couldn't get the wheelie to stay unless I had a wheelie bar. (I know, duh, but the deviant and imperator arent like this)

Also there's this which is p cool

https://gfycat.com/EagerAptAfricanelephant

Have no idea how to embed these anymore so

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

I assure you my time is very valuable

:eng99:

Actually, shooting the hostages is a viable strategy. Once you get to the bikes and start following the GPS route, there will be a SWAT van in the road. Load everybody into the van and enjoy a leisurely drive up the western coast highway to the boat.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Presto posted:

Actually, shooting the hostages is a viable strategy. Once you get to the bikes and start following the GPS route, there will be a SWAT van in the road. Load everybody into the van and enjoy a leisurely drive up the western coast highway to the boat.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Presto posted:

This is a strategy for bads. Don't do this.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

This is a strategy for bads. Don't do this.

As opposed to failing constantly because people are apparently incapable of driving a bike. :(

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So for months now I've had spammers following me around. They pop into my session, spam a bunch of squares that I assume are chinese characters, and immediately leave. The issue is you can't report someone unless they are in your session as you report them. If they leave before you get a chance to report them, they get away. You have basically a 5-10 second window so they get away every time. What can be done about this?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
This method has always worked for me with reporting hackers to Rockstar:

Move on

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Really not much other than play in invite only sessions. If you're hell bent on reporting them, then run a video capture of you playing so that you can document their screen name and open a R* support ticket, attaching videos for proof. I've got a feeling they aren't following YOU specifically, but more likely they are located or reporting IPs in the same area as you so when you are roughly geographically matched they're more likely to get into the same lobbies? The ones that I've seen don't actually do anything other than spit out a few lines of squares, presumably chinese dick pills or GTA $$ services, and then leave.

Bonus week is a little off schedule still. New super car is out, $1.8mil for the Devest8. To me it looks same as the other hypercars with a slightly different bodykit, but those aren't really my bag so I don't pay much attention to that market segment

DOUBLE $$ AND RP ON DOOMSDAY HEIST FINALES

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

DOUBLE $$ AND RP ON DOOMSDAY HEIST FINALES

Thanks to Mondian for running me a through a few Act 2s last weekend... is the Act 2 leave-early glitch still working?

EDIT: :cripes:

Otacon fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Feb 22, 2019

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Otacon posted:

Thanks to Mordian for running me a through a few Act 2s last weekend... is the Act 2 leave-early glitch still working?

It should be. Seems like now's the time to find out.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Otacon posted:

Thanks to Mordian

:colbert:

Leaver glitch will always and forever exist, just be prepared to accrue bad sport points if you're the one dropping out

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Mondian posted:

:colbert:

Leaver glitch will always and forever exist, just be prepared to accrue bad sport points if you're the one dropping out

Have your friends "commend" you as a friendly or helpful player through the player report menu to counteract this.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Gives em something to do while waiting I guess

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Really can't go wrong with a snake skin Rolls, right?

edit: It's bugging me now that the A pillar and windshield frame is a chrome/silver that doesn't match any of the options for chrome or silver. :mad: All the rest of the trim around the side and rear windows are keyed to the secondary respray. Even doing a black on black still has the chromed frame in that one spot

Newest SHORTBUS

Can't tell me what not to not do

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 22, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Anyone having a hell of a time getting into Online with PS4 the last two days? Are the servers having a nightmare with all the Lester glitchers?

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?

Presto posted:

Yep! I was recently with a crew that did this. It’s awesome. No stupid bike failures, no slow rear end off-roading up the mountain, no screwing up the parachute, no losing money each time you’re shot. You are impervious to bullets inside the van, just ignore the planned route, drive all the way to the boat from the west side with it and you’re done.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Medullah posted:

Anyone having a hell of a time getting into Online with PS4 the last two days? Are the servers having a nightmare with all the Lester glitchers?

Just looked that up, and drat, that's gonna be one hell of a banwave.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Powershift posted:

Yeah I don't get why anyone would grind this one. It's not like the obscure hard to do car dupes or glitching Act 2 of Doomsday Heist which are hard to discern between actual exploits and game mechanics, I'm sure Rockstar is going to be able to easily track people that gain millions this way.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
So my game keeps crashing while I'm playing. Graphics card is updated and I just genuinely don't know what to do. Am I just screwed?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
What’s this Lester glitch?

I have plenty of money and am on PC, so I wouldn’t need it. But I’m curious... anybody got a link?

I’ve been having wayyyyyyy too much fun throwing cars with arena vehicle shunt boost... it somehow never gets old to me :)

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

E-Tank posted:

So my game keeps crashing while I'm playing. Graphics card is updated and I just genuinely don't know what to do. Am I just screwed?

Does it just crash? Or does it artifact before it does? Might be a dying graphics card... use MSI Afterburner to check your temps while playing and before it crashes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

namlosh posted:

I have plenty of money and am on PC, so I wouldn’t need it. But I’m curious... anybody got a link?

I’ve been having wayyyyyyy too much fun throwing cars with arena vehicle shunt boost... it somehow never gets old to me :)

From what i can gather, in your garage you call lester and have him find you a plane, then quickly leave your garage and go to where the plane should be. If the plane doesn't spawn it starts refunding you the $1000 once per second.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Powershift posted:

Probably just as traceable as moneybags or the orbital canon glitch. But you know some people will get bagged for it

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

namlosh posted:

I haven’t tried the shunt yet sounds like today’s fun. I’m still sticking with the most fun out of this new update is sitting motionless in your car and dropping five kinetic minds. Then after you pull away they activate and become a super mine

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I haven’t tried the shunt yet sounds like today’s fun. I’m still sticking with the most fun out of this new update is sitting motionless in your car and dropping five kinetic minds. Then after you pull away they activate and become a super mine

See, I haven’t done that! Will try it

FWIW, the Brutus van seems to be the best at throwing cars (and yourself) using shunt boost. It can be expensive fun though. If you’re not landing in water, you’re simply destroying your vehicle from getting beat up too much. It’s really tough on them, but soooooo much fun. Sometimes NPC cars insta-splode which is its own satisfaction.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

namlosh posted:

Does it just crash? Or does it artifact before it does? Might be a dying graphics card... use MSI Afterburner to check your temps while playing and before it crashes.

It freezes, then both monitors go black for a second, and then it's no longer responding

Checked my temperature on MSI Afterburner. Goes up to a max of 84 inside the nightclub, drops to 81, then stays there. Game crashed, remained at 80-81 Celsius.

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 23, 2019

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Idling at 80C is far, faaaaar from ideal, but its not really high enough to be failing because of that if you didn't see it break 84. Both monitors going black does indeed point to gpu crash though, try rolling those drivers back?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
got a directX error that said 'failed initialization, please try reinstalling if this persists'

Edit: Not playing a game at all is 51 degrees.

I'm reinstalling the current driver, if that doesn't work I'll roll it back to another one.

I got this response from re-installing.

https://imgur.com/K7n6r3p

I've got no idea why the Telemetry failed, nor how I got a more advanced version of PhysX than WHAT IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 24, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

When you move your bunker, I know you get a credit of like 50% what you initially paid, do you get anything from the staff and equipment upgrades? I've been running guns a lot lately and drat it was dumb buying Paleto

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Medullah posted:

When you move your bunker, I know you get a credit of like 50% what you initially paid, do you get anything from the staff and equipment upgrades? I've been running guns a lot lately and drat it was dumb buying Paleto

Far as I know, you do lose the upgrades. They will need to be re-purchased if you want the security, personnel, and equipment

And not sure if you can move if you have any made product? Other warehouses have to be empty before you trade them in. Any research you’ve unlocked stays unlocked

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 25, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It's going to be interesting seeing what Rockstar does about this glitch. Literally every session I log into looks like this now.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Speaking of fixing glitches, it looks like the Terrorbyte rare cargo 3-for-1 was patched up. This was when you got a special call from assistant, you could go into the truck and launch the buy for 3 crates for $18k and get 3 rare pieces. When I finished last night, I got 3 normal crates. Other than the novelty of having multiple Sasquatch skins and gold miniguns, it only really added 2 extra rare crates so you could get up to 8 instead of 6(one of each) for a bigger sale.

No idea what'll happen with the hangar thing. I'm not seeing it on PC apparently it exists but because of the timing needed, unless you were locked around 30fps it was nigh impossible to get it just right. I'd bet on nothing but it quietly getting patched and then the tears will flow

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Medullah posted:

Yeah I don't get why anyone would grind this one. It's not like the obscure hard to do car dupes or glitching Act 2 of Doomsday Heist which are hard to discern between actual exploits and game mechanics, I'm sure Rockstar is going to be able to easily track people that gain millions this way.

If that were the case, would they go after the players who afk grind the nightclub? It's not a glitch, but def an exploit outside of intended game play.

I might do the glitch, just so R* can ban me and get me away from this game once and for all.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rad-daddio posted:

If that were the case, would they go after the players who afk grind the nightclub? It's not a glitch, but def an exploit outside of intended game play.

Yeah that's the argument I've seen a lot of. I think it'd be harder to hit the AFK business grinding because I don't think there's a good way to flag people doing it legitimately or not, whereas the Lester glitch SEEMS like it will be stupid easy to detect since no one is LEGITIMATELY getting millions in refunds from plane calls

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Medullah posted:

It's going to be interesting seeing what Rockstar does about this glitch. Literally every session I log into looks like this now.

What is 'this glitch'?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Ziploc posted:

What is 'this glitch'?

Powershift posted:

From what i can gather, in your garage you call lester and have him find you a plane, then quickly leave your garage and go to where the plane should be. If the plane doesn't spawn it starts refunding you the $1000 once per second.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Woops. Thanks.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Medullah posted:

Yeah that's the argument I've seen a lot of. I think it'd be harder to hit the AFK business grinding because I don't think there's a good way to flag people doing it legitimately or not, whereas the Lester glitch SEEMS like it will be stupid easy to detect since no one is LEGITIMATELY getting millions in refunds from plane calls

good point.

the "gtaglitches" subreddit is claiming that half the players are doing it and "they can't ban us all"

Maybe, but they might reset your account.

Any goons have experience with getting banned or reset?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Medullah posted:

Look how peaceful it is, everybody is getting along :3: