Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Thump! posted:

gently caress I’m heading back to Wainwright in a week

Our motor pool hasn’t been shoveled in about two goddamned months

:cripes:

Down at Richardson we'd have to clean off the vehicles, but plows would come through for the rest. Add that to the list of reasons why everyone down there was happy they weren't stuck at Wainwright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Godholio posted:

Buddy that's not enough gas to launch an AWACS.

Christ what do you guys burn in those, unicorn piss?

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/couple-thought-murder-plot-army-soldier-untraceable-snapchat-police-say-n974196

quote:

The pair communicated through Snapchat because they believed the social media app's temporary messages would make it difficult for police to trace, he said.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

A Bad Poster posted:

Down at Richardson we'd have to clean off the vehicles, but plows would come through for the rest. Add that to the list of reasons why everyone down there was happy they weren't stuck at Wainwright.

I was loving livid when I did BLC down there last summer, thinking I could’ve been stationed down there instead of at Wainwright. Aside from maroon beret fucknuts running around, JBER is nice as hell.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Thump! posted:

I was loving livid when I did BLC down there last summer, thinking I could’ve been stationed down there instead of at Wainwright. Aside from maroon beret fucknuts running around, JBER is nice as hell.

Outside of JBER, Anchorage seemed pretty chill too. Of course, literally anything is better than Fairbanks :suicide:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

Outside of JBER, Anchorage seemed pretty chill too. Of course, literally anything is better than Fairbanks :suicide:

To be honest, I kind of like Fairbanks and the surrounding wilderness. It’s got a quaint charm once you’re away from Cushman and there’s plenty of beautiful sights and neat little towns to visit. Wainwright is just a den of fuckery and I hate every unit and everyone on the base.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
JBER was alright on the Air Force side, except it's a careerists' paradise and a magnet for the kind of cutthroat fucks I hate working with. Anchorage was chill but I lived out in Wasilla where the cost of living was way cheaper. Mad Myrna's has an amazing drag show every Friday and there's a lot of good local beer.

It was fun commuting 45 minutes each way, especially when a retarded trucker slams an oversize load into an overpass and shuts down the one road between my house and the base. I'd say I'm the idiot for moving that far away but being able to stay the gently caress away from the military on the weekends was well worth it.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Alaska chat: best skiing I've ever done was at elmendorf afb. (I am a bad skiier)

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Wild T posted:

JBER was alright on the Air Force side, except it's a careerists' paradise and a magnet for the kind of cutthroat fucks I hate working with. Anchorage was chill but I lived out in Wasilla where the cost of living was way cheaper. Mad Myrna's has an amazing drag show every Friday and there's a lot of good local beer.

It was fun commuting 45 minutes each way, especially when a retarded trucker slams an oversize load into an overpass and shuts down the one road between my house and the base. I'd say I'm the idiot for moving that far away but being able to stay the gently caress away from the military on the weekends was well worth it.

On the other hand Wasilla..

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Meth capital of Alaska and home to one of the shittiest families in America.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Meth capital of Alaska and home to one of the shittiest families in America.

The Palins too

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Does JBER still have that giant halfpipe? As a civilian kid I always wanted to skate that thing but never could.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

FrozenVent posted:

Christ what do you guys burn in those, unicorn piss?

A Lot of gas.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Ron Jeremy posted:

The Palins too

Lol Dakota Meyer married her daughter and had a whole white trash adventure with them

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Godholio posted:

A Lot of gas.

Doesn't the Chinook use jet fuel?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I got a hot take.

Seeing this thread pop up in my bookmarks as authored by forums poster HATE CURES TRANNYS bugs me.

Is there a way to change that or to re-create the thread? I hate to lose some of the masterpieces in this mess but uh I know some trannys in the military and I'm butthurt about it I guess. They're good troops Brent.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Vengarr posted:

I assume so, but an E-3 has four old thirsty engines and weighs a loving lot. At cruise it's burning more fuel than the Chinook, and at takeoff it's burning a lot more fuel.

Edit: I don't have details on the specifics, but I know the planners guys at the wing used a much higher number (another zero, to start) for planning purposes.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 23, 2019

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

dscruffy1 posted:

I got a hot take.

Seeing this thread pop up in my bookmarks as authored by forums poster HATE CURES TRANNYS bugs me.

Is there a way to change that or to re-create the thread? I hate to lose some of the masterpieces in this mess but uh I know some trannys in the military and I'm butthurt about it I guess. They're good troops Brent.

you know they call it "something awful" for a reason

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

dscruffy1 posted:

I got a hot take.

Think of all the things you can call a tranny cause I don't think it's the one your thinking of.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Melthir posted:

Think of all the things you can call a tranny cause I don't think it's the one your thinking of.

:thunk:

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.

dscruffy1 posted:

I got a hot take.

make the new thread. be the change you want to see in the world (i agree, for the record)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The thing you want done isn't possible. If somebody makes a quality OP with the good stories I'll goldmine this thread.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Godholio posted:

but an E-3 has four old thirsty engines and weighs a loving lot.

I thought we were a talking about planes not airmen and their familys

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Vengarr posted:

Pretty much every diesel engine in the military uses JP-8 jet fuel. It's basically just a kerosene variant, so you can even use it in stoves.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EBB posted:

The thing you want done isn't possible. If somebody makes a quality OP with the good stories I'll goldmine this thread.

Christ dude I dont know you could extract all the good ones

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

There's rules about empty posting though

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Yeah, let's comb through the SA archives to remove offensive material.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Christ dude I dont know if you could extract all the good ones, theres so many it would take forever

Sorry I wasnt very clear

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
(stolen from r/relationships thread, thought of you lot)

WIBTA for reporting someone who didn’t give me back my underwear?

This happened rather recently to me and I’m still sorta freaked out and angry about it.

I live on an Air Force base in the barracks. Each floor of the building I live in has a washing and dryer room with around 5 to 6 washers and dryers a piece. Early this morning after I got off of work, I stripped everything off my bed and got my clothes ready to wash. When I got back later that night, I took my clothes to the dryers and dried them. Since it takes a good 70 minutes to dry clothes in those machines, I went up to my room to wait it out. Once they were done, I went to collect them.

There’s no one else in the room besides another person folding and doing his laundry as well. He gives me a look, but says nothing to me. I pay no mind to him and load up my bag with my sheets and clothes. I turn around to check for my socks and I realize that I dropped a lot of clothes on the ground while I was putting them in my laundry bag and going to the other dryer to get my sheets. As I pick them up I notice the guy has something in his hands, stretched out between his hands. I don’t pay it any mind until I realize that my favorite underwear isn’t in the mixture of clothes I dropped. I go to check my bag thinking I dropped them in already but I see that he has my underwear in his hands. He’s stretching them, inspecting the inside and feeling the lace along the sides all the while staring at them. I freeze and freak out for a second before thinking that he probably just wants to return them and is waiting for me to stand up or say something. I stand up and look at him expectedly with my hand outstretched at him before he turns around, with my underwear still in his hands. I say “hey” to him loudly and agitated and wave my hand at him, forcing him to turn around.

Me: “Uh hey buddy, those are... My underwear that you’re holding.”

Him: “I know.”

Me: “Could you give them back to me?”

My hand is still outstretched and I’m basically glaring at this guy. I feel uncomfortable when people touch my clothes that I just washed, and seeing him manhandling something thats really private and personal infuriated me. We stare at each other for about a minute, both of us in silence, so I become a little forceful.

Me: “Give me back my loving underwear.”

He doesn’t respond and just pulls them closer to his chest.

Him: “They’re warm.”

At this point I’m too baffled to say anything to him so I go up to him, snatch my underwear from his hands and go to my room to sort and organize my clothes. I’m still astonished at this as I’m typing it, but I’m so angry that I feel like I’m going to virtually explode.

WIBTA for reporting him to my dorm manager? I know what he looks like, and there are cameras right outside the door to the washroom. I’m just afraid I’m overreacting here.

WIBTA?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:catstare: Jesus fuckin' christ
No, you wouldn't be the rear end in a top hat for reporting him. Or for hitting him in the brainpan with something heavy.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Jesus crhist Red dot man report he should be reported for sexual harassment

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Yep. We used JP8 today fuel the arctic heaters up in Alaska. That is, when we were allowed to use them (almost never) and when we had all the parts for them (lol nope).

Edit: I should refresh before posting. That dude isn't a guy I would want around. 100% chance he's going to do something even more hosed up later.

A Bad Poster fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 23, 2019

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That dude should be reported for probably being a serial killer

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

aphid_licker posted:

That dude should be reported for probably being a serial killer

What, do you want to get him a promotion or an award?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

It's me I'm the idiot, i got out of the airforce, hated it, and then went right back to work for them as an IT contractor for USAF at the pentagon, hated it, and then got a job with Army Cyber :psyduck: why am I like this?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Money good

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You just said cyber without any hint of irony.

Think about how much kool aid you’ve had to have drank to do that

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

You just said cyber without any hint of irony.

Think about how much kool aid you’ve had to have drank to do that

I recall atleast 5 gallons

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tythas posted:

I recall atleast 5 gallons

he said kool-aid, not jizz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'm hoping it's this.