Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it'd be pretty hosed up if he somehow came out of that without weird repercussions that no one could possibly guess at beforehand so it has been pretty funny seeing people definitely say he's dead as poo poo because reasonably he should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Giorno will just make a jellyfish

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Waffleman_ posted:

*Watching anime-only watchers go "RIP Bruno" knowing they are both incorrect and correct* Lol

Oooohhh I can't wait.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

God I wonder if they're gonna move Rolling Stone

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I feel like the flashbacks have been building up enough at the right pace and starting to tie the theme of fate into the whole thing that when Rolling Stone shows up, it'll be one more flashback for the road and one that ties all of the rest of them together.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they've already shown they're willing to add all-new scenes so all bets are off at this point, really

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
So is the explanation for Bucciarati being basically undead is that he did actually die from his wounds but when Giorno healed his body Bucciarati's soul is somehow forced back into his technically healthy but dead body for some reason? I feel like the inverse of that also happens when KC "kills" Trish's soul but when Chariot Requiem is defeated and everyone is forced back into their original bodies, her soul is "saved" when it's forced back but into her healthy body. Boy that's gonna confuse a lot of anime watchers when that time comes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh god the Coliseum is gonna be a fuckin' time

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mr. Funktastic posted:

So is the explanation for Bucciarati being basically undead is that he did actually die from his wounds but when Giorno healed his body Bucciarati's soul is somehow forced back into his technically healthy but dead body for some reason? I feel like the inverse of that also happens when KC "kills" Trish's soul but when Chariot Requiem is defeated and everyone is forced back into their original bodies, her soul is "saved" when it's forced back but into her healthy body. Boy that's gonna confuse a lot of anime watchers when that time comes.

My understanding is that Bruno being alive is just pure resolve.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Didn't wanna die so bad I became a zombie

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Bruno's undeath isn't ever directly explained in the manga, if I remember right. That being said, there are a few popular theories:

1) Gionro gave him life, binding his soul to his corpse.
2) King Crimson erased the actual moment where he died, leaving him in a state of being both not dead and not alive.
3) Rolling Stone predicted he would die a different way, thus binding Bruno to that death. When King Crimson tried to kill Bruno, his soul kept hanging on because fate had been determined he would die a different way.
4) 『RESOLVE 』
5) He just, like, didn't die for some reason.

I kinda like the last one myself. Feels very JoJo.

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 23, 2019

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
1 and 3 make the most sense to me, and I'm guessing when Chariot Requiem is defeated and starts to return souls to where they belong, Bucciarati's soul ascends instead of going back to his shot up body in the Coliseum because he was never supposed to be alive in the first place and Rolling Stone probably ordained this is when he's supposed to die.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
It's actually neat to think that all of those theories combined are true, like the combination of 3 different weird rear end stand shenanigans and Bruno's own『RESOLVE 』are working in tandem

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I thought what happened was Giorno essentially pumped so much life energy into Bruno, that it allowed him to move about as a corpse or something like that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Bruno is on Magic Pixel like a Dark Souls boss.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
poo poo, I haven't checked on the Jojo threads here in... nearly a year, which is a goddamn crying shame because I love the discussions both here and in the anime thread. :allears: Should be a good motivator to keep up with Jojolion, too - I fell out of reading it around the last time there was a hiatus and caught up again in time for another hiatus, which is really just spectacular timing on my part.

Also, I've always thought Bruno stays alive much the same way the best party member in FFX stayed alive (do I need to be coy about FFX spoilers in here? Eh, just playing it safe).

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

thinking about Them

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

thinking about thos Balls

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

[duke nukem]
he's got balls of steeeeeeeel

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm dying to see Stone Ocean be animated.

Especially given literally episode 1 will open with a discussion about masturbating because a prison guard looked like Tom Cruise.

C-Moon is up there with the fights that I want to see animated the most.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Maybe Dragon's Dream will finally make sense.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dragon's Dream will never make sense to me because, like, why would F.F. die from being loaded up with water in the first place?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

She got diluted

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Maybe Dragon's Dream will finally make sense.

Dragon's Dream is just Final Destination, but instead of "fated to die so death is creating rube goldberg machines to kill people" it is "good feng shui zones and bad feng shui zones exist and rube goldberg machines protect those who are in the good zones and hurt those in the bad zones"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah dragon's dream isn't really complicated. Feng Shui isn't just like, how to position your furniture in Animal Crossing, it's about harmonizing yourself with your surroundings environment to harness the energy flow.

Dragon's Dream basically shouts out where the best or worst places for that energy is, where good things or bad things will happen, and it's up to the two combatants to get into the good and get their opponent into the bad

i think there's some other stuff like if you touch the orb Dragon's Dream is in, it's bad or maybe it can reflect stuff back, but that's it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dragon's Dream isn't complicated so much as it's just loving stupid.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, Dragon's Dream is very simple, "go here and things will go your way, stay there, and things will go wrong". To use terms you might be familiar with, it guarantees a nat20 or a 1 depending on where you are.

What's with Jojo fans and not getting Stands, maybe Araki should've stuck with Hamon. :colbert:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i think it's cool cause ff just gets hosed the hell up in it and then anasui uses diver down to steal the guy's leg bones so his legs dont work and that's even more hosed up

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The biggest issue with DD is that it's part of Part 6's long-rear end gauntlet and eventually you just get fatigued by all that's going on.

Now Yoyoma, that one sucks.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arist posted:

Dragon's Dream isn't complicated so much as it's just loving stupid.

Why is it stupid

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Might just be cuz I am also high, but getting this weird hunch va blazed was written by thedarkid or some such SA person(tho they claim to have no other twitter accts, so prolly not.). lol Something about the writing style.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 23, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's dumb because the fundamental concepts are not very well established or developed, and it all feels terribly vague and arbitrary. The concept of "zones where good poo poo happens" and "zones where bad poo poo happens" is a fine idea for a Stand, but which are which feels random in the middle of a fight.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arist posted:

It's dumb because the fundamental concepts are not very well established or developed, and it all feels terribly vague and arbitrary. The concept of "zones where good poo poo happens" and "zones where bad poo poo happens" is a fine idea for a Stand, but which are which feels random in the middle of a fight.

That's feng shui for ya, while also being an accurate description of final destination. Just being in a different seat can mean you survive or die.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
dragon's dream explains what it does so much that it's user gets pissed at it and then anasui goes on to explain feng shui and what it means in this context for literally four pages.

it feeling random is just part of the fight, like a dead inmate's head getting squeezed in the door, causing his glasses to go stab FF in the face

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If there was some visual indication at all I think it would be fine.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

My problem with DD is that I don't understand Kenzo's other ability, how he makes people drown.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

JoJo Wiki posted:

Kenzo's favorite technique involves him jamming his hand down the victim's throat, breaking their fourth vertebra which connects to the kidneys in the process. As this removes all the oxygen from the victim's lungs, they are left to drown in the adrenaline which is created by the lack of moderation around the kidneys due to the fourth vertebra being broken, effectively 'drowning' his target.

Arist posted:

If there was some visual indication at all I think it would be fine.
yeah that's fair, and maybe that's something the anime can do

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Electric Phantasm posted:

My problem with DD is that I don't understand Kenzo's other ability, how he makes people drown.

it's basically some fist of the north star kind of poo poo, not related to the stand

in general the guy is just really good at his brand of weird bullshit which is why his stand is literally just a physical representation of feng shui as the ultimate expression of his training

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this is like a benign mortal kombat fatality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's like if tonio trained to break people's bones all his life instead of cooking