Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im glad it hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
To corrupt Frida Kahlo, I hope their leaving is sorrowful and I hope they never return.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

“DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR: Why I Voted Republican”

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh he's already dead:

“At the most basic level, he died of the toxic effects of liver damage caused by hepatitis C,” Metzl writes. “When the liver becomes inflamed, it fails to filter toxins from the blood and loses the ability to produce vital compounds such as bile and albumin. Without treatment, death comes by systemic deterioration. Jaundice gives way to ascites, which then gives way to hepatic encephalopathy and coma. It’s an exceedingly slow, painful way to go out.”

Strange, I'd have thought he'd died of too much bile.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Samovar posted:

Strange, I'd have thought he'd died of too much bile.

Piss and vinegar

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

the amount of people who have eaten poo poo for poverty wages is far, far greater than the number who have never had to trouble themselves with the "indignity of proletarian work"

I worked in and ran restaurants for 15 years before I got into an office job, and thankfully my current officemates trend left and aren't like trust fundies, but every time I'd hear some keyboard jockey pretend like it's a breeze working in food, I'd take a moment to imagine them trying to run a grill solo during a rush and have a Sensible Chuckle

Those people, in general, don't vote. Not even for Bernie.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/wahoo103/status/1098658875350441984

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

What did they think would happen?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

he literally ran on taking those things away from everybody

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
he ran on the promise of the destruction of the self

i got this book, by r. baumeister, a bad old psychologist who spent a lotta time studying the self. orange dipshit appears as a dealio, lemme look this up

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

did they vote tremem

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

"i thought he just meant blah people!"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
whoops wrong thread

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

did they vote tremem

they used to be a libertarian in the bad old dnd days but idk now

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Epic High Five posted:

no only those other people not me

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

either this is a bot or that guy has really weird posting habits. It’s just a sea of Facebook links with some very random news articles sprinkled in. I tried to go back a year but the account is spamming so many Facebook posts (all of which are just memes that I looked at) I made it about 8 months before giving up. This is literally the first time he’s ever used twitter to directly address anyone.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Small Business Owner On Trump's Tariffs And Trade With China

NPR's Lulu Garcia-Navarro talks with Tiffany Williams about how President Trump's tariffs are affecting her business.
She's the co-owner of a luggage shop in Lubbock, Texas.
https://www.npr.org/2019/02/24/697481309/small-business-owner-on-trumps-tariffs-and-trade-with-china?t=1551046591069

quote:

GARCIA-NAVARRO:
So the administration placed a 10 percent tariff on hundreds of billions of dollars' worth of goods from China.
How has this affected your business?

WILLIAMS:
For us, it's a big deal because it is all luggage, all briefcases, all backpacks, all wallets.
So, really, basically, it's 85 percent of what's in my store, with the bulk of that being imported from China, that's affected.

---

GARCIA-NAVARRO:
So I have to ask. You are Republican, and you voted for President Trump.
You know, some of his supporters do believe that the short-term pain is worth it to get a fair trade relationship with China. What do you think?

WILLIAMS:
I definitely want to try to understand what the long-term goal is here and that, yes, we want to, you know, be a part of holding China accountable.
But it definitely makes it difficult to know what the decisions are that it will affect us, you know, and our store.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Ugato posted:

either this is a bot or that guy has really weird posting habits. It’s just a sea of Facebook links with some very random news articles sprinkled in. I tried to go back a year but the account is spamming so many Facebook posts (all of which are just memes that I looked at) I made it about 8 months before giving up. This is literally the first time he’s ever used twitter to directly address anyone.

boomers use social media in the most warped and nonsensical ways imaginable so it's not unbelievable in any capacity.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I got this voicemail once:

quote:

So anyways, sorry to make a long message, um...My family was in business with the Allans, in Ellis & Allan exports, so I'm in [REDACTED] about two blocks from where my family's house was at the city library. But we had the Edgar Allen Poe bed as our farm, we have some land in Buckingham, with some houses, from farms that belonged in slaves, and working on the inner city trying to get them, the children, activities so they don't have to go to jail. It's kind of like a gestalt that I'm working on, all over the world, and it's very possible today with the technology and information that can be shared. So I just don't see any need for nations to go to war, I mean why not put NASCAR in the Middle East. 'Cause that's just not good for anybody, y'know, c'mon.

I mean, my partner, [REDACTED], he reminded me of Ashley, in Gone With The Wind. But he died. So, I'm thinking of moving, y'know, I've got some beautiful minds, kinda movie, but even better, even better stuff. And, um, I think my school, I have architects [REDACTED], he plays guitar, he's into it, and Peter [REDACTED], and then Daniel [REDACTED], the one who's always choosing Daniel's wife, to come up with like the opera house of the school that will be built outside the capital cities of the world, for world peace. But for communication, because it's not just gonna, it's gonna continually over the generations have to be monitored and dealt with, and people helped into a certain situation so we don't go to war, because that's what we want to avoid. And we want to have a world with no, y'know the military's good, we've gotta keep the peace. And that's what my son always says, "I'm gonna be in the military and I'm gonna keep the peace." That's what we want and we don't wanna have to bomb people...because we're really more intelligent than that, I think!

So, um, y'know, just hang in with me, a little bit, and um, Johnny, I'm pretty sure, I'm not sure for sure, but Jack White is, y'know, he's a workaholic, but I think Johnny Depp might be fun. It's a good promotion for my school and I'm not really worried about the money because I've been talking to the Gates and the Zuckerbergs, and stuff like that, plus I've got this killer chocolate sauce I can market.

But anyway, you have a good day. Bye-bye.

I managed to find her Twitter from context clues, and yeah, it looked like that.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

I got this voicemail once:

I managed to find her Twitter from context clues, and yeah, it looked like that.
That's a leaked GY!BE album.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

did they vote tremem

Big-time Hillary booster who incessantly attacks Bernie Sanders for being a centrist sell-out for stopping short of Full Communism Right-the-gently caress Now

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/1100153361565835264

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

:kiss:

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Someone remind Posobiec that he tried to cheat on his then-wife.
I don't think he remembers it.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

My family hates me, what's up with them?

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
you gotta pull some serious poo poo to get kicked out in the middle of christmas dinner

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Al ! posted:

you gotta pull some serious poo poo to get kicked out in the middle of christmas dinner

someone must've brought their new non-white SO to christmas

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
getting kicked out of family gatherings by owning the libs (my grandkids)

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
read a former GOP voter posting his regrets about ever supporting the party:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1100157241460703233.html

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Wow, the gop making sort sighted decisions for immediate gain, I can't believe it.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I'm putting together a story that highlights all of the lovely things Republicans do to their base. Something like "101 Reasons to Not Vote for Republicans." This thread will be good research.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

omg the nutjob fundies control 4 seats on the Supreme Court, we Republicans never could have seen this coming in the 1980s when Reagan and Bush put two nutjob fundies on the Supreme Court and tried for a third.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Of course, he doesn't talk about the core mission of the GOP, from which he saw the fundamentalism as a distraction: strip-mining the planet of resources, transferring wealth from the poorest to the richest, and murdering anyone who complains.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

June 15, 2017
Otto Warmbier's Father Says He's Proud of His Son, Praises Trump's Efforts

March 1, 2019
Otto Warmbier's family rebukes Trump, says Kim Jong Un is responsible for son's death

VVV
Fixed

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 17:23 on Mar 1, 2019

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
your second link is hosed up

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1101899515290943488

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
He's still talking???

Adbot