Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Is there some website where I can buy a beer that's not vicar's cross or oyster fuckery and have it delivered to you? I feel like this should be a thing.

Also just because I'm loving dumb, your new psy-trooper whose hair turned white is a reference to this person, right? If not then that's one hell of a resemblance

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

this is the first google result so maybe? https://www.totalwine.com/

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

double nine posted:

this is the first google result so maybe? https://www.totalwine.com/

Total Wine only ships wine to certain parts of the US. I actually also looked into this and wanted to send Dan a bottle of apple brandy but $40 for the bottle plus probably another $40 shipping to Canada is a little outside my impoverished rear end's price range.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I was referring to their beer assortment, but yeah apparently they're only doing parts of the USA. Since I'm a filthy eurocommie, I don't always see what those stores ship where in the USA.

how's this one: https://drizly.com/belgian-beer/co2428-c2

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

That site also only ships to parts of the US.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Dan I will drive to Halifax and buy you whatever you want if you promise to avoid vicar's cross, olands export or loving Jost wine.

zeroskippy fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 8, 2019

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm so mad about valkyria Chronicles. I was stoked for Jann.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 41 - My Son, Nooloo

"We need to stick closer to the half hour timer even if it means cutting mid mission" --Dan shortly before recording another hour and twenty minute long behemoth

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Please don't cut things mid mission. My poor brain has a hard enough time as it is.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 42 - As Good As Blood

I'm genuinely not sure how the Chryssalids effect the pod count :psyduck: It makes sense but I'm pretty sure they didn't before

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

"Did I take off the upgraded rifle that Elena definitely had last mission?" asked Dan, after finishing research on said rifle at the beginning of this video and never equipping or possibly even building them.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

"Did I take off the upgraded rifle that Elena definitely had last mission?" asked Dan, after finishing research on said rifle at the beginning of this video and never equipping or possibly even building them.

I thought the 'Improved X' upgrades applied automatically to that entire class of weapons rather than being like a specific weapon?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Regarding that: you've finished researching the plasma lance a while ago, Dan. Wesley Snips is due for an upgrade.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The upgraded rifle I was referring to is Begone Thot, which has a repeater and hopefully soon an extended magazine. Elena has Banish so itll make for some fun times :v: if I ever remember to actually give it to her

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Danaru posted:

The upgraded rifle I was referring to is Begone Thot, which has a repeater and hopefully soon an extended magazine. Elena has Banish so itll make for some fun times :v: if I ever remember to actually give it to her

Can't wait until she uses this to rescue her Moxy from whatever the alien harlot is who has her claws into him

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Hey Dan, I've noticed you being really self-deprecating across many of your videos, so I just gotta say, I really appreciate your channel and I watch pretty much everything you put out. Thank you, and Grace, for all the entertainment.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Crazy Achmed posted:

Can't wait until she uses this to rescue her Moxy from whatever the alien harlot is who has her claws into him

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Holy loving poo poo :allears::allears::allears:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Quick, throw a vase at it while screaming "GARVASE DAY!"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 43 - Big Boy Suit

Hey fun fact, if you attack an Advent facility in territory owned by a chosen you haven't seen yet, it activates them for the purpose of sabotaging you and talking in your ear constantly while on the Geoscape

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
:staredog: this one got real and deep

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm upsetti that you actually cut the episode and didn't finish the mission.

Also, when Dan said "Is this Mega Man? No, this is X-Com." It made me immediately think of Mega Man X-Com where you have a strategic planning base type thing like the Avenger and can research and build upgrades and poo poo, then the missions are going around doing Mega Man stages and fighting robot masters/mavericks, trying to defeat Wily/Sigma before they complete their plan for world domination.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not in Brazil, I'm in Italy, but if you two want to come over here I'm sure we can arrange something. With the warning that if the revolution comes while you're here, I fully expect you to help build guillottines.

Also that codex and viper are about to have a terrible time.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

:vince:

Can you do one where it's the monthly report council man making a :staredog: face as he listens to the commander saying "...then I had to like hose myself down and I was crying really bad,"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm pretty sure saving the earth from genocidal xenofascists gets you off the hook for at least ONE childhood pants making GBS threads :mad:

Malah
May 18, 2015

:five: This thread has been blessed by Fish Noise.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Danaru posted:

I'm pretty sure saving the earth from genocidal xenofascists gets you off the hook for at least ONE childhood pants making GBS threads :mad:

Oh, I'm just imagining the council man trying to hold his composure while the commander and his boyfriend drunkenly ramble at him for half an hour

Every month he dreads this videoconference, he's supposed to focus on hard statistics but his mind wanders off to memories of the bad old days before he went teetotal. But he knows that he has to put up with this treatment because nobody else is doing anything worth a drat against Advent (all of whom are, in fact, bastards)

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Sometimes I watch your other LPs and then I watch this one and I think that if I had the isolated audio for you guys I could make pretty good XCOM trooper voice packs out of your quotes.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Danaru posted:

I'm so sorry

(You guys are the best and if you are ever in my corner of the world I'll definitely buy you a beer)

Crazy Achmed fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 25, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 44 - The Elder's Greatest Warrior

"Fate is a fickle mistress... But I cannot deny her."

Danaru fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 1, 2019

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
Oh dear oh god oh dear oh god. :stonk:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hunkering down in your position was a super bad idea cause you had no cover there. And running into the building was an especially bad one.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

WE CAN REBUILD HER!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Betty White is dead. Long live Betty White.

Alternatively, it's time to build Bea Arthur.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

Hunkering down in your position was a super bad idea cause you had no cover there. And running into the building was an especially bad one.

We weren't exactly flush with options, considering the cover ahead of us was full of Advent/Zombies/A sectopod. The original plan was for the Rookie to run in and plant the bomb, then sprint for evac which didn't pan out, but Jane took up the reigns when the rookie got zapped.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

You left Zoe behind? You could totally have saved her, you had Restoration on Vega or you could just have picked her up and carried her off :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Jane could have grabbed her, but not without risking her own life. As for Vega, I don't think his Restoration would have worked, since it wouldn't let me use Revive on her either. We've definitely used Revive to un-zap people before so it might be because she's an extra soldier from the Resistance Ring.

Game mechanic-wise she also would just disappear after the mission, so from a purely gameplay perspective it would be putting Jane at risk for no reason

We have so many soldiers in jail right now and the game isn't giving me any opportunity to rescue anybody :saddowns:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Oh god betty no :(

Can you do a propaganda poster that's just a super close up on betty's face and the caption "gently caress you advent"?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/1101706199081406466

I'm starting to worry this beer is actually unlucky, and it's not just a jokey meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I think I may know why you haven't been able to rescue Mox. By default, you can only have 2 faction soldiers for one faction, for the 2 others, you can only have 1. This is why you haven't gotten any opportunities to recruit a second Skirmisher or Templar, and can only get one if you lose the one you have. I think this is preventing you from saving Mox, because that would now put you at 2 Skirmishers, and that's a no-no.

Yes, this is stupid, but it's probably how the mechanics work regardless. I don't know if a mod to let you have 2 (or more) of each faction soldier would work or not though.

Also, Guardian is way better than Ever Vigilant (but both is very nice), git gud scrub (this part is a joke, in case that wasn't obvious).

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 3, 2019