Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Taintrunner posted:

Well, I applied, so uh, if I get murdered now you know

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

All eyes turn to Tulsi Gabbard's twitter feed for the tweet that will stop US interventionism in Venezuela dead in its tracks.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Trump says “Mexicans come to America and commit crime” and it’s technically true, but obviously politically loaded and you just have to admit your predjudices about Venezuela allowed you to buy this line even though you scoff when trump supporters buy the other one

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Modest Mao posted:

Trump says “Mexicans come to America and commit crime” and it’s technically true, but obviously politically loaded and you just have to admit your predjudices about Venezuela allowed you to buy this line even though you scoff when trump supporters buy the other one

Bernie: Racist Against Riot Police

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Fallen Hamprince posted:

All eyes turn to Tulsi Gabbard's twitter feed for the tweet that will stop US interventionism in Venezuela dead in its tracks.

glad we decided that tweets dont matter. now let's get back to following trumps twitter to drop some epic ownz on the orange man.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
obviously abrams gun-running is excluded from Bernie’s definition of aid, seems like we have a lot of non-believers here waiting to doubt His word

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

really queer Christmas posted:

glad we decided that tweets dont matter. now let's get back to following trumps twitter to drop some epic ownz on the orange man.

wow can somebody ban this guy for doxxing me, the secret third krassenstein brother who lives in ed krassenstein's stomach like the hosed up mutant baby from Total Recall

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

basic hitler posted:

bernie hosed up with this one and i hope he was just kinda ignorant of what was really going on and took 'humanitarian aid' at face value, but he should really know better so i dunno, this sucks.

this is the worst mis-step he's had since letting hillary clinton's email scandal get away from him, and this is definitely worse than that.

why wouldn't you take it at face value?

I mean it seems like the logic train is:

bernie supports humanitarian aid for protesters and no cops murdering them -> US is attempting to push humanitarian aid -> that aid is tied into an attempt at a coup and the aid itself is likely weapons ->bernie supports a coup

He could very easily just mean the initial thing or be referring to literally every other country attempting to give humanitarian aid that isn't pushing for a coup. I get that it feeds into the larger narrative but it seems deeply cynical to assume the guy strongly against coups is trying to backdoor his way into supporting them

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fallen Hamprince posted:

hosed up that people are discussing the stances of influential politicians in the politics discussion forum

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Breadallelogram posted:

yeah dude nobody's going to call him a commie now

didn't say it would work

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

THS posted:

shut the gently caress up, you’re not arguing this in any kind of good faith and you know full well that you’re missing the point of the criticism. you would have been just as fooled by the same rhetoric over libya or iraq if this is seriously your take on buying into the “humanitarian aid for venezuela”

tbh from your history i would think you’d know better, you should feel ashamed for being this dumb

Yeah, I'm the dumb one when you are calling out loving Bernie Sanders for being a war mongerer just because he posted a generic press statement that gets copied and pasted every time there is something going on abroad, lol
Like his position on the issue moves the scales a fraction of an inch one way or another

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SCB1t28nDU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
powerless bernie sanders!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Bernstrike posted:

obviously abrams gun-running is excluded from Bernie’s definition of aid, seems like we have a lot of non-believers here waiting to doubt His word

No, Bernie specifically means that American weapons should flood into Venezuela, after all he gained political prominence by supporting the Contras.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, I'm the dumb one when you are calling out loving Bernie Sanders for being a war mongerer just because he posted a generic press statement that gets copied and pasted every time there is something going on abroad, lol
Like his position on the issue moves the scales a fraction of an inch one way or another

It's actually good that the reaction from here is disappointment, we need to continue to hold our leaders accountable and if necessary, drag them to the correct opinion that minimizes human suffering. It's much better than the Twitter reaction of "not bloodthirsty enough, you need to declare war on Venezuela right now!"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Relentlessboredomm posted:

why wouldn't you take it at face value?

I mean it seems like the logic train is:

bernie supports humanitarian aid for protesters and no cops murdering them -> US is attempting to push humanitarian aid -> that aid is tied into an attempt at a coup and the aid itself is likely weapons ->bernie supports a coup

He could very easily just mean the initial thing or be referring to literally every other country attempting to give humanitarian aid that isn't pushing for a coup. I get that it feeds into the larger narrative but it seems deeply cynical to assume the guy strongly against coups is trying to backdoor his way into supporting them

being deeply cynical is SA's entire thing

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

No, Bernie specifically means that American weapons should flood into Venezuela, after all he gained political prominence by supporting the Contras.

Just as everyone who opposes his statement thinks all Venezuelans should starve to death, right? It’s more nuanced than that, you clown. You can’t let USAID in without arming the bloodthirsty corporate thugs serving Guaidó.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Chillgamesh posted:

Just as everyone who opposes his statement thinks all Venezuelans should starve to death, right? It’s more nuanced than that, you clown. You can’t let USAID in without arming the bloodthirsty corporate thugs serving Guaidó.

A nuanced view indeed

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Chillgamesh posted:

bags of rice, weapon of choice of bloodthirsty corporate thugs

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Relevant Tangent posted:

being deeply cynical is SA's entire thing

It's the thing for anyone who has read about or witnessed a US led "humanitarian" intervention.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fallen Hamprince posted:

bags of rice, weapon of choice of bloodthirsty corporate thugs

But those trucks BURNED, and the only combustible things I can think of are howitzers, probably

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

But those trucks BURNED, and the only combustible things I can think of are howitzers, probably

you're giving your game away here mate

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

when did this become the hillary thread

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

help

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

i want the old thread back

:bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20::bernget20:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Look kid, I'm sorry but you clearly just aren't capable of the level of nuance you need to understand why sometimes is good for cops to shoot protesters. Maybe you should Read A Book.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

sorry bernie wants to do the good aid instead of what trump is doing

but trump is doing the good aid already

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Look kid, I'm sorry but you clearly just aren't capable of the level of nuance you need to understand why sometimes is good for cops to shoot protesters. Maybe you should Read A Book.

shut the gently caress up

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lessail posted:

you're giving your game away here mate

The aid should be delivered by the UN to increase transparency, but lol at all these panicking posters who think the S is delivering illicit military equipment on aid trucks passing through Venezuelan military checkpoints, after Maduro had promised to stop and block all aid. They are smuggling them in secret.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’ve just smashed the glass over a case that says *break in case of Bernie oopsie-fucko*

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Fallen Hamprince posted:

I thought you got banned for charity?

Can we do that again, but with Bernie donations?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

WampaLord posted:

I thought you got banned for charity?

Can we do that again, but with Bernie donations?

What kind of regime-change loving sicko would want to donate to Bernie "Lockheed-Martin" Sanders?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

high levels of liberal brain worms taking over this thread

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Fallen Hamprince posted:

What kind of regime-change loving sicko would want to donate to Bernie "Lockheed-Martin" Sanders?

shut the gently caress up you were gunning for hillary two years ago because your entire worldview is toxic. you need loving brain surgery

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

THS posted:

high levels of liberal brain worms taking over this thread

its good that the hillbots have moved left onto bernie and AOC but the lengths they will go to to defend them.. some things never change

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

actually i'm a buttigieg bro now, lookin for some klobuchar supporters to twitter bully

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fallen Hamprince posted:

actually i'm a buttigieg bro now

Already claimed. That's logik's gimmick.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

I’ve just smashed the glass over a case that says *break in case of Bernie oopsie-fucko*

:emptyquote:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

of course bernie meant food but the "humanitarian aid" is also clearly cia weapons

it's ok to call out a politician when they gently caress up guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

DEFEND HILLARY’S HONOR