Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
I was gonna pick up the Reyn figure, but for $35 and no plans for IG... I can't really justify it right now with all the models I still have to paint. Really disappointing, cause I'd like to paint a female Commissar.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Z the IVth posted:

Love the colours. The eyes look a bit :crossarms: tho

I don't follow.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Desfore posted:

I was gonna pick up the Reyn figure, but for $35 and no plans for IG... I can't really justify it right now with all the models I still have to paint. Really disappointing, cause I'd like to paint a female Commissar.

She's not a limited run.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

She's not a limited run.

Oh really? I assumed it was limited edition. Awesome!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I will probably end up picking one up eventually just for variety's sake among commissar models.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Desfore posted:

Oh really? I assumed it was limited edition. Awesome!

Yeah she's like Eisenhorn.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Battle Brothers prohibits you from taking Unaligned models in a detachment with other models, right?

Gameko
Feb 23, 2006

The friend of all children!

Wanted to pop back and say I was not at the 35th birthday store. If I'd known about that I may have made it a point to drop by.

I thought the overall level of paintmanship in Paris was pretty good. I didn't see anything unpainted and the paint jobs were noice.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't follow.

In the first image the angle makes it look like the Eversor has googly eyes.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

This will either end up really bad or really awesome.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

OhDearGodNo posted:

This will either end up really bad or really awesome.

Are you mounting the Mek gun on the rhino cart, or putting the canon on the Mek gun Chassis? Cause, I think it'd be cool either way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Desfore posted:

Are you mounting the Mek gun on the rhino cart, or putting the canon on the Mek gun Chassis? Cause, I think it'd be cool either way.

Mount the canon on top of the Mek gun with the cart and dwarf still attached to the canon.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

10 DAYS REMAIN

Marcus Garvey
Oct 24, 2015

Ghost Hand posted:

Totally worth it - though not for the LVO coverage. They are producing a ton of content which is really quite good.

It's just beyond bizarre that they would gate things that should be meant to draw new/prospective players in behind a paywall, but that kind of weird mismanagement and focus on direct profit is what I've kind of come to expect from GW.

What kinds of hard cases would people recommend? I just inherited a friend's stuff but I really need some kind of big case for it all(it's uhhhh A Lot Of Stuff). Preferably things that are practical to carry around.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Technowolf posted:

10 DAYS REMAIN

Really hype for the new chaos marine sculpts. Hopefully I can find someone to split the box with so I can spin up a heretic astartes kill team.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Z the IVth posted:

In the first image the angle makes it look like the Eversor has googly eyes.

Fair enough. He looks crazy in person. I like it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
The new White Dwarf really is at Barnes & Noble right now, at least the one near me. Some choice cuts from the assassins gallery:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Has GW announced whether new rules in White Dwarf will be White Dwarf exclusives? When they had rules in WD in the 90s and early 2000s, it was a little messy in that to play a particular army, you had to track down old copies of a White Dwarf or three.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I've heard they will be centralized, but am not 100g on the source. Some podcast.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Mount the canon on top of the Mek gun with the cart and dwarf still attached to the canon.

Desfore posted:

Not a dwarf, it’s a massive ogre.

It’s also taking lots of trimming and pinning, but slowly taking shape.

Putting it on the mek gun platform, but kinda regretting it. May move it the other way due to the size of the cannon.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheBigAristotle posted:

The new White Dwarf really is at Barnes & Noble right now, at least the one near me. Some choice cuts from the assassins gallery:

I feel like I can compete with those.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

When it comes time to paint an assassin, I plan on stealing someone else's painting ideas and techniques. I plan to rip off yours.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Maneck posted:

When it comes time to paint an assassin, I plan on stealing someone else's painting ideas and techniques. I plan to rip off yours.

That's the nicest thing I have read in quite some time. Let me know if you want anything specific in terms of techniques or colors.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh definitely, I just like the schemes

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

I said come in! posted:

For painting XV25 Stealth Battlesuits https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Tau-Empire-XV25-Stealth-Battlesuits-2017 what orange is GWS using here?

The GW-official T'au sept yellow-orange recipe is XV-88 base, Tau Light Ochre all over, a thinned Agrax Earthshade recess shade, and Ungor Flesh highlights.
It comes out looking like this:

Texmo fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 24, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Texmo posted:

The GW-official T'au sept yellow-orange recipe is XV-88 base, Tau Light Ochre all over, a thinned Agrax Earthshade recess shade, and Ungor Flesh highlights.
It comes out looking like this:

Thank you! That looks really awesome! I'm gonna end up going with something else though, but was curious about the colors.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Maneck posted:

Has GW announced whether new rules in White Dwarf will be White Dwarf exclusives? When they had rules in WD in the 90s and early 2000s, it was a little messy in that to play a particular army, you had to track down old copies of a White Dwarf or three.

The rules for blood bowl and necromunda ended up being available outside of the magazines, so I’d hope the same is true for other game lines.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

This is a dick and balls right now.

I still like the core concept though.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
gently caress that stupid peg intended to hold up Inceptors.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress everything about inceptors really.

My inceptors technically are probably the best models I've ever painted but oh my God I hate them so much.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Inceptors are perfectly awesome if you've never had to build them or touch them after being built.

Grav chutes in general are basically "Amazing in photos, why no I've never actually handled a model equipped with them".

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

mango sentinel posted:

This is a dick and balls right now.

I still like the core concept though.

Goddamnit you’re not wrong. I only see a giant penis when I look at it, back to the drawing board.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

Goddamnit you’re not wrong. I only see a giant penis when I look at it, back to the drawing board.

If you're averse to the Freudian thing then you're really playing the wrong Army 'n the wrong Hobby in general really.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
I'm looking at starting a second army after i paint my orks and want something diametrically opposite from Orks, so i have some questions about pure Adeptus Custodes armies, mostly what a decently competitve one looks like (not tournament conpetitive, but capable of winning games in a game-store setting). I know Jetbikes are good just from what i've read here, but what else are the mainstays of the army so i can see what i'll need to save for.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

OhDearGodNo posted:

The drawing board has been executed as planned please return to your seat.

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

The Jumpoff posted:

I'm looking at starting a second army after i paint my orks and want something diametrically opposite from Orks, so i have some questions about pure Adeptus Custodes armies, mostly what a decently competitve one looks like (not tournament conpetitive, but capable of winning games in a game-store setting). I know Jetbikes are good just from what i've read here, but what else are the mainstays of the army so i can see what i'll need to save for.

You can get like 50% of the options of the army in a box of five custodians.

I personally run 10 Custodians, 4 jetbikes, Valoris, a jetbike captain, and two dreads and whoops there goes 1750 points.

E: Custodians are really good and hard to mess up so don't worry about being super competitive with them in a casual environment.

Thanqol fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 24, 2019

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

The Jumpoff posted:

There are two basic versions. First is the jetbike army that's probably more consistently good, but there's also a version that deepstrikes big units of their terminators (big 600+ point units with HQ and banner support) and runs it like a giant wrecking ball through the enemy line. I've never seen it, only heard about it but I'd imagine it'd have some weaknesses. That said, none of their basic guys are bad right now so you can't really go wrong just buying some of them.

EDIT: If you just want to win games in a store then you could randomly pick custodes models off a shelf until you hit the right number of points and build a reasonable army. Most of the army does similar things (but each unit is unique enough to be different) and they're all competently pointed.

NovemberMike fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 24, 2019

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
Are custodies the best $ per point ratio right now?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The rules for blood bowl and necromunda ended up being available outside of the magazines, so I’d hope the same is true for other game lines.

Yeah, this is what Chapter Approved was for back in that era, so I'd be surprised if they didn't fold it into CA 2019 or something. The 2018 version had a bunch of the finalised beta rules and the Renegade Knights index in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

The drawing board has been executed as planned please return to your seat.

Too late. Here’s the gun right now- I still need to magnetize the smasha/traktor tips and my other plan will involve magnetizing the 6 grots to represent the wounds left on it.