Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

E: I'm getting a bit heated and I don't wanna end up doing something I'll regret

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, I would not be okay with Vento Aureo being ~23 episodes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

E: See above

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Feb 23, 2019

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I, too, like to berate people from not expecting to have read manga spoilers in this, the anime thread

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'll just say episode counts are not something that is open to deceit or misinformation for a twist's sake because these numbers don't come from like press releases where the people making the show can control the information, but from sources that have little to negative incentive to lie about such things, like the television networks that distribute it and the blu-ray release listings.

Especially not for the sake of preserving a 2 decade old twist. There are a lot of people in the west whose first exposure to Jojo is the anime yes, but we have to remember the primary audience in Japan is people who are already Jojo fans.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Feb 23, 2019

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yeah if David was like “Surprise! Only 26 episodes!” or something the TV network would have their heads lmao

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Feb 23, 2019

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Especially considering the examples of the SDC and DIU openings, if there was going to be some meta fuckery with King Crimson, it'd just happen, they wouldn't set it up so obviously.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

fun fact: the one time killer queen is shown to be speaking in diu is also a wryyyyyy

:tinfoil:

When did that happen? I only remember Killer Queen using Kira's voice when he talked through it during Bites the Dust

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Augus posted:

Yeah if David was like “Surprise! Only 26 episodes!” or something the TV network would have their heads lmao

They should totally skip an episode number and then have the final count be 40 minus the missing one, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, that's a lot more likely than the anime suddenly being half as long.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

They should totally skip an episode number and then have the final count be 40 minus the missing one, though.

Oh that would work

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Ugh. This part. I know what's going to happen but it's a gut punch (hurr hurr) every time.

But I really gotta hand it to DavidPro for yet again filling in more details about the gangstars' backstory. In the manga we get like three panels showing Buccellati's dad walking in on the gangsters by accident, getting shot up, and then ending up in the hospital. The way DavidPro rewrote the backstory to be entirely from li'l Bruno's perspective makes the horror of his situation much more immediate.

They also nailed the elevator scene. Little details like Trish pushing aside Buccellati's hand and then taking it were a nice touch. I felt that it added to the anticipation and pathos of the scene. Especially if you know what's coming. :(

My one issue? The ending scene. In the manga, the gut punch is much more sudden and shocking:

Perhaps the animators changed the framing because of the constraints of the medium, but I feel like they could have pulled off the sudden reveal.

Kikas posted:

I do adore that despite his mom being weirdly posessive and frankly, not a very pleasant person from what we've seen, good boy Bruno still sees her every Christmas. What a nice fella.
...he was.

I give Buccellati's mom the benefit of the doubt, to be honest. The divorce itself appears to be fairly amiable, and while her guiltripping is pretty lovely I can understand why she couldn't resist the urge to pressure her son into living with her.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

overmind2000 posted:

When did that happen? I only remember Killer Queen using Kira's voice when he talked through it during Bites the Dust

It's right at the end of Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable.
Discounting SHA as a whole obviously.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Yeah, the only thing I'd give mom flak for was "You wanna go with me, right? I bet you want to go with me. You're a smart boy, so of course you'd want to go with me."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's also better than just a protracted custody battle.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bruno is such an amazing boy that he collects other good boys and turns them into really good boys.

The only way he could get better is if his bob was a pomp.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
No, Bruno's bob is the cutest thing about his get-up.

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Bruno is such an amazing boy that he collects other good boys and turns them into really good boys.

The only way he could get better is if his bob was a pomp.

A pomp is way too loud a hairstyle for quiet, low-key capos. :V

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I can't tell, did we get any good clear snippets of King Crimson's sound effects? I was really excited to hear what sound they appended to....the thing that King Crimson does. It was sort of stated in the episode but its complex enough I guess I'll still consider it spoilers until it's straight up explained.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Guess what people who want a meta skip thing.... We're getting a two weeks hiatus :unsmigghh:

https://twitter.com/ADNanime/status/1099343532047953924

Next ep on 15th March and we're getting a new opening

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
honestly? good. i wish they had taken more breaks with part 4 in between new OPs. I won't say at all that im dissatisfied with the quality of Part 5, the reveal of King Crimson gave me goosebumps, but I've seen some people complain about how it looked and there was a shot in the last episode of bruno and trish walking towards the camera with no face that made me lol. so yeah take your time

and with regards to this sort of thing now that we have a two week wait.....

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

I can't tell, did we get any good clear snippets of King Crimson's sound effects? I was really excited to hear what sound they appended to....the thing that King Crimson does. It was sort of stated in the episode but its complex enough I guess I'll still consider it spoilers until it's straight up explained.

While The Boss did literally say "erase time, we have absolutely no idea what that means in this context, so manga readers please be good about posting King Crimson memes or whatever

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

a break is great and i'm glad for them to get some breathing room. 39 weeks in a row is rough.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Rest in piece FIGHTING GOOLD. I can only hope the new OP is as hype and David hasn't let me down in the past.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Guess what people who want a meta skip thing.... We're getting a two weeks hiatus :unsmigghh:

https://twitter.com/ADNanime/status/1099343532047953924

Next ep on 15th March and we're getting a new opening

Ah, another finger curls on the monkey paw...

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016
e: Goddammit, no spoilers. :cloud:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

King Superman posted:

e: Goddammit, no spoilers. :cloud:

Oh, so it's the Time Shenanigans version of Gold Experience

G O O D

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 24, 2019

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Nah it's not like that at all.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Would be great if people didn't hint hint nudge nudge.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Man, people memed so much about King Crimson and in the end its ability is not only really obvious, it's exactly the same as The World's! Araki got lazy here!

Seriously, two Stands that turn characters into donuts? Come on!

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
After all the memes Im really just interested in how the boss is as a villain. The series has a history of amazing villains and im hoping that continues.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

Fat and Useless posted:

Would be great if people didn't hint hint nudge nudge.

Sorry about that, I didn't think just saying "stand is bullshit, what do you all think of it?" crossed the line into obnoxious "hint hint nudge nudge," but if it's over the line, I can delete it.

e: And it's gone like GE's damage reflection, sorry again.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Uh fellas how come nobody posted the thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLgVrtZD76Q

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Edit: We haven't actually seen the bosses full body yet so I'm taking this down.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 24, 2019

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hey could y'all literally take like half a second to see what goddamn thread this is before posting

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
if i dont have to lock this thread in the thirteen day interim it'll be a miracle

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Expect My Mom posted:

if i dont have to lock this thread in the thirteen day interim it'll be a miracle

Try twenty

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Expect My Mom posted:

If only there was some way to skip past it

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

So what happened there exactly? I get it that his future self was erased but how did Buccaretti get teleported to the other side of the pillar?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My personal explanation of that would maybe give away what Erasing Time means and more of what King Crimson can do so hold that very good question.

if anyone anime onlys wanna try answering how Erasing Time got Bruno there. go wild

e: i will say that the version of Bruno that faded away was his past self, because well, it's the past. bruno's past self hit him in the face

Arist posted:

Try twenty
aaaahahaha i thought it was the ninth. we're dead!

granted i haven't seen any other source for this hiatus, but considering france gets more jojo stuff than we do i believe it

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Feb 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sub Harrison posted:

So what happened there exactly? I get it that his future self was erased but how did Buccaretti get teleported to the other side of the pillar?

By the time the boss' explanation was over, it was already the future, so Bucciarati was where he had to be. We merely lack the sequence of events that led to it due to King Crimson's time skip.

...At least, that's how I interpreted it. I could be totally wrong.