Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I've been trying to get some Tanabe lowering springs for my car. They have been discontinued by Tanabe recently, but tons of places are still showing them in stock online.....When they don't actually have them in stock. After being refunded twice, I just started calling every place showing them in stock, and none of them actually had them in stock lol. So I decided to order them off Amazon even tho Amazon had the highest price, I was like gently caress it I just want the springs. I get an email, "your order has been shipped!". Cool, at least i'm getting them now.....Next day I get an email of refund notice....What in the gently caress you just said it was shipped!

If you don't stock the poo poo get it off your website for the love of god.

They’re all drop shippers and all use the same source, who doesn’t update their inventory. A lot of the “cheap<insertcarmakename>parts.com” sites do that. They even have the exact same interface for finding the parts, save for the logo. Ticks me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mungtor
May 3, 2005

Yeah, I hate me too.
Nap Ghost

The Door Frame posted:

We're supposed to freehand it, but the instructor never really watches us unless we specifically ask for help, so I can try using a little guide or something

Practice by using a guide but pay conscious attention to the feelings in your arm/shoulder/wrist. Try to learn how straight feels and then try to replicate it free hand. Using larger muscles (e.g. full arm rather than wrist and fingers) can be easier, but it obviously depends on the size of the work piece.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

I've been trying to get some Tanabe lowering springs for my car. They have been discontinued by Tanabe recently, but tons of places are still showing them in stock online.....When they don't actually have them in stock. After being refunded twice, I just started calling every place showing them in stock, and none of them actually had them in stock lol. So I decided to order them off Amazon even tho Amazon had the highest price, I was like gently caress it I just want the springs. I get an email, "your order has been shipped!". Cool, at least i'm getting them now.....Next day I get an email of refund notice....What in the gently caress you just said it was shipped!

What car are these for?

e-remembered.

Tanabe's aren't listed on their own site so I'm guessing discontinued. Same with eibach who at one point made sportlines. ST/KW makes a set of springs but they don't seem to have any. What does seem to be available are Tein S-techs, H-techs, street advance z, and flex z coilovers. Plus BC racing so I assume a bunch of other cheap/ebay brands that are the same thing. What about the trd springs?

jamal fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 24, 2019

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Fermented Tinal posted:

I live in a place called Ontario and work at a place called Canadian Tire.

I'm so sorry :(

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'd wager most of them have been relying on drop shipping from the manufacturer and not updating when they went out of production.

Edit: gently caress, beaten. Badly.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

jamal posted:

What car are these for?

e-remembered.

Tanabe's aren't listed on their own site so I'm guessing discontinued. Same with eibach who at one point made sportlines. ST/KW makes a set of springs but they don't seem to have any. What does seem to be available are Tein S-techs, H-techs, street advance z, and flex z coilovers. Plus BC racing so I assume a bunch of other cheap/ebay brands that are the same thing. What about the trd springs?

Yeah probably gonna be TRD if I can't find the Tanabe springs anywhere. Tanabe seems to be the most liked because they lower and level out the car which has a bit of rake to it and the ride is similar to stock. Apparently the TRD springs still leave a rake in the stance but oh well I guess.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

:3:
Good boy.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

KakerMix posted:

Good boy.

Now add an explosion coming out of the car and you have dropped 2019's best meme template

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

KakerMix posted:

Good boy.

THE ALBUM DROPS ON TUESDAY, SON.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Liquid Communism posted:

Why would anyone laugh at wrench length? Bigger levers make more torque, which is only really useful in certain situations.

Something more people could stand to learn. :v:

To get the correct torque on the flywheel bolt of my landcruiser engine I wound up manufacturing an extension for my 200ft.lb torque wrench. I had to use an 1100mm long torque wrench to get that thing to spec- its torqued to nearly 400ft.lb!

VacaGrande posted:

Speaking of- New Hilltop Hoods album dropped the other day and maaaaaaan is it good.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Yeah probably gonna be TRD if I can't find the Tanabe springs anywhere. Tanabe seems to be the most liked because they lower and level out the car which has a bit of rake to it and the ride is similar to stock. Apparently the TRD springs still leave a rake in the stance but oh well I guess.

Maybe options auto, they actually stock stuff and have a wholesale side. Actually I might have an account and be able to check stock. I don't remember.

https://www.optionsauto.com/TANABE-NF210-SPRINGS-SCION-xB-08-13/productinfo/TNB-TNF129/

vivid racing is another possibility, as much as I dislike them.

e- I do have a login, no options does not have either df or nf210s.

jamal fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Feb 24, 2019

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Cool thanks. I think i called Vivid already, not sure. Shoulda wrote a list of everyone I called already duh :v:

[e] there's a few places that still have the DF's but those are too low for my liking unfortunately. There's a guy on ebay selling a new set of DF's for 150 bucks.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 24, 2019

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Hrm, Colorado fucks with the Meteorologists as usual. They predicted less than an inch of snow, Colorado dropped FIVE in like 2 hours. Time to make the donuts.

Let's see... decisions, decisions....

The blue does look awfully pretty against the white...

But we need the one without traction control (the one I'd rather not crash less than 500 miles after getting it running again).

It's a little late in the morning, 9:30 AM, gently caress everything's plowed already! God drat mountain man work ethics. Let's check this one church out by the hills....

Oh baby. Virgin at a church, who would've guessed?

It's okay baby, I'll be gentle. It'll be fun, you'll see.

Forward

Put my thing down, flip it and reverse it.

And I added audio to this one, turn it down if you're at work, turn it up if you can. Credit goes to bajaja for the concept.

Just a little too SLOW.

I will do the R next time, I promise.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

LloydDobler posted:

I will do the R next time, I promise.

but your valvetrain :ohdear:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

fridge corn posted:

Really depends on what it is you're torquing down

Absolutely not needed for suspension bol...

oh.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ferremit posted:

Speaking of- New Hilltop Hoods album dropped the other day and maaaaaaan is it good.

Back to the glory days of The Hard Road?

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Pham Nuwen posted:

Hit the Nuclear History museum if you end up here in Albuquerque. They've got a B-29, B-47, and B-52 in the back lot among other cool stuff.

Great suggestion, thank you for making it: we did indeed stop at the museum and the boys loved running around under the aircraft and enjoyed the kids hands-on science section.

Call me Goatse Einstein

The wedding out at the sand dunes was cool, the weather sucked and was super windy but the reception was back in Los Cruces anyway so all had a good time. My kids probably ran up the dunes 100 times, I have no idea how they can muster that level of energy.

Sister in law’s 4Runner also pictured. They got a speeding ticket there and on the way back; we sailed through without any issues. Blessings unto the V1, which after I configured it to turn off K band and to increase its sensitivity to Ka, was picking up cops 3-4 miles(!) away when there weren’t any obstructions. Just crazy.

Almost 1500 miles in 3 days and the LC didn’t flinch, not one bit of weirdness. This is why people buy these things.

Tremek fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 24, 2019

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Getting married in the dunes is a cool idea.

Being hitched in the nuclear history museum? Critical.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Getting married in the dunes is a cool idea.

Being hitched in the nuclear history museum? Critical.

One of my friends from high school got married under the Saturn V main engines at Huntsville a few years ago. A powerful moment.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

kastein posted:

Huh, never even considered that one.

Funny question since I can't find you on Facebook - say you're looking to buy equipment, and the options are:
400vac 3ph Delta, but needs an external floor or wall mount transformer
400vac 3ph wye
230vac 1ph

Voltamp rating is the same all 3 ways.

I've got no idea how prevalent 3 phase wye service is overseas - it's common here. Trying to design a Euro power option for a machine at work and can't get a straight answer as to which of these options would have the biggest market share.

Most European countries use 3⌀ wye-connected transformers, and feed small residences with 1⌀ + neutral, and then give commercial businesses or industrial shops all 3⌀ plus the neutral to run large induction motors, and any bog-standard 1⌀ 240V loads, very large manufacturing facilities will likely get a dedicated 480V ungrounded delta supply just for motors.

If you ship with a 3⌀+n required, then the customer can simply add whatever transformer or phase conversion necessary to supply the machine, if you take your 240V supply off a ⌀-⌀ xfrmr you provide the most flexibility to the customer, as they can use delta or wye service.

I would absolutely not go with a straight 240 volt machine, as it sounds like it has a high kVA draw, and will turbo-gently caress their load balancing if they're using 3⌀ wye, especially if it is particularly capacitive or inductive.

E: the exception to the above is the UK, where they like to go their own hosed up way and supply residences with 240V single phase, but industrial applications should still be 400V wye.

E2: I haven't been an electrician in a decade or so, but when I was this forum was knowledgeable, and well moderated with global membership, they might be able to answer your questions in near-autistic depth https://www.electrical-contractor.net/forums/ubbthreads.php

E3: I found this browsing around the site: https://www.worldstandards.eu/three-phase-electric-power/ 4 wire would be grounded wye, 3 wire ungrounded delta, afaik only the US and Canada use grounded "wild leg" delta systems

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 24, 2019

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Tremek posted:

Sister in law’s 4Runner also pictured. They got a speeding ticket there and on the way back; we sailed through without any issues. Blessings unto the V1, which after I configured it to turn off K band and to increase its sensitivity to Ka, was picking up cops 3-4 miles(!) away when there weren’t any obstructions. Just crazy.

I just use Waze now to find the cops, assuming you're not in the complete middle of nowhere.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Now add an explosion coming out of the car and you have dropped 2019's best meme template

VacaGrande posted:

:confused:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

You're trying to understand Cat Interceptor, FYI

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Hell yeas

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Not trying to spam the forums, but I know we have some network gurus here and I thought I'd post this.

Anyone have any ideas? I suspect it's something super simple, but I'm a dummy when it comes to network stuff.

slidebite posted:

So I am a newbie NAS user and came across something I can't quite wrap my head around. And forgive me if I am not using the right terminology here.

I have a Netgear ReadyNAS RN2120 and I am trying to consolidate all of our personal back up files, photos, videos, etc from the past 15-20 years on it. On this NAS I have 4x8TB drives in RAID 5.

The NAS is set up as 1 big volume but with various folders, and I have access to the "main folders" on all of our PCs for easy copy/pasting of our files.

The issue I have is I am getting "not enough space" error messages when trying to consolidate the contents of large folders together, but yet it's no problem when I make a "new" folder on the NAS, it copies just fine.

For example, I was trying to copy a folder on my local PC that's, say, 8GB folder into an NAS folder but get the error message. However, if I copy the folder over on its own (not into an existing folder) on the NAS it copies fine.

Ideas what I'm doing wrong? I have TONS of free space on the NAS.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'll start with the obvious (don't mean this to be insulting - the basics are the first things I check in diagnostics) - are the 4x8 TB drives the same brand/speed? I've had issues mixing WD and Seagate drives in RAID arrays. Also, were these clean drives? What do the partitions look like?

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Today I learned wal-mart sells a tiny little 120 watt inverter, which is loving great. I was looking at scavenging a plug off some random phone charger at goodwill, and temporarily hooking up my giant rear end 2000 watt just to charge my laptop and drone on an upcoming road trip. $10 to make that problem go away? SOLD.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Javid posted:

Today I learned wal-mart sells a tiny little 120 watt inverter, which is loving great. I was looking at scavenging a plug off some random phone charger at goodwill, and temporarily hooking up my giant rear end 2000 watt just to charge my laptop and drone on an upcoming road trip. $10 to make that problem go away? SOLD.

It's like you needed more electrical drama from your Chryco van :mmmhmm:

(i think I'm kidding, but not sure)

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
First guess would be quotas per folder is set to something tiny. Second guess: Firmware bug. See if there's a newer version. Also, how much free space is actually left?

the spyder fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 25, 2019

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Goober Peas posted:

I'll start with the obvious (don't mean this to be insulting - the basics are the first things I check in diagnostics) - are the 4x8 TB drives the same brand/speed? I've had issues mixing WD and Seagate drives in RAID arrays. Also, were these clean drives? What do the partitions look like?
No offense taken! I'm a total newbie and idiot with these.

Oh yeah, the NAS sees them just fine. Brand new drives. It's set up as 1 big partition @ 22TB, just a couple of folders/directories on the top (which are mapped as network locations) with various subolders in those.

the spyder posted:

First guess would be quotas per folder is set to something tiny. Second guess: Firmware bug. See if there's a newer version.
I thought quotas too, but I don't see any quotas turned on at all. Firmware is automatically updated and it's the most recent.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I’m not sure I entirely understand the description of the problem but as a professional computer toucher it sounds like path names are too long and it’s giving you a misleading error message?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Yeah, quotas was where I was going next too. For giggles, what file system is the NAS using? I'm guessing SMB, which is going to make me believe there's a firmware cap on the file size. If it's not SMB, report back.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
There are interesting issues with SMB file length especially if it's going to a non-Windows system. Even enterprise NAS OSes can have issues with it. There can also be issues with volume size, but I wouldn't expect that on a modern release of Ext4 or similar.

Do you know what file system the ReadyNAS uses? I didn't see anything obvious in the specs.

Can you give us an example path?

If you get a packet trace from your system using Wireshark I could take a look for you. The SMB portion isn't my exact expertise (I mostly do storage performance) but I am pretty good at it.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Those would have to be some incredibly long paths for a home user. Usually the error is specific to the path length. You can always use something like longpathtool to verify if you're curious. I believe the NAS is some form of BTRFS. I would have recommended a Synology

EDIT- Do you have snapshots turned on?

the spyder fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 25, 2019

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

So, here is an example.

I have a folder on a local drive (we'll call it drive G:) called something like "Vids_2006_to_2010" or something like that. Let's say its 100GB in total.

On my NAS, I have it as a single partition with 2 main folders each PC on my LAN has access to via Network Locations. The folders are called "Data_backups" and "pics_vids".

In "Pics_vids" I have that further subdivided, "pics" and the "vids"

The issue I have is trying to copy the *contents* (IE: Just the .AVIs) of "G:/Vids_2006_to_2010" into the NAS folder for "pics_vids/vids" (forgive me if the syntax isn't right, I'm copy/pasting here obviously) I get a "there is not enough space to copy these files" error.

However, if I copy the entire folder (IE: right click/copy the entire folder) "Vids_2006_to_2010" into the NAS on its own, still segregated into its folder, it copies fine.

Does that makes sense? Sorry if I'm not explaining it well... I know enough computer poo poo to be dangerous but not well.

Wrar posted:

Do you know what file system the ReadyNAS uses? I didn't see anything obvious in the specs.
It says I have protocols "SMB, NFS"
I'm not sure what that means.

No I do not have snapshots turned on.

Appreciate you guys trying to help a helpless guy. :)

e: Once the entire directory including the folder was copied over, I was able to copy paste from that folder into the "vids" folder without error.

Weird :/

Not going to worry about this anymore, my bulk transferring is done.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 25, 2019

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

It's impressive to me how powerful computers are now. My wife is over to my left having a blast playing VR games while I'm browing the internet and watching full screen HD youtube videos and not a hiccup.

I remember the bad old days of having to close out every single background process to get a few more frames out of Flight Simulator 2000. I also remember reading articles online about spending thousands of dollars for cutting edge hardware to play FS2000 at a blistering twenty-four frames per second!

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
I just got back from Radwood Austin and it ruled. Bunch of fun cars, got to sit in a 959 Porsche and got to leer very closely at a F40. Bunch of 80s-90s awesomeness. Lots of JDM imports, my kid got a awesome Ferrari book from the dealer reps.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Tremek posted:

The wedding out at the sand dunes was cool, the weather sucked and was super windy but the reception was back in Los Cruces anyway so all had a good time. My kids probably ran up the dunes 100 times, I have no idea how they can muster that level of energy.

*Las Cruces. :colbert:

Didn't realize you guys were gonna be near my old stomping grounds (El Paso), otherwise I would have given you a very comprehensive list of the best southwestern Mexican/New Mexican food restaurants in the area.

MomJeans420 posted:

I just use Waze now to find the cops, assuming you're not in the complete middle of nowhere.

By the time a report is on Waze, the cop has already either pulled someone over, or they've been watching Waze themselves and moved to a better hiding spot once they saw the warning pop up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

STR posted:

By the time a report is on Waze, the cop has already either pulled someone over, or they've been watching Waze themselves and moved to a better hiding spot once they saw the warning pop up.

I do like the extremely butthurt letter the NYPD sent Google about Waze being such a detriment to law enforcement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Back to the glory days of The Hard Road?

Yes and no. It’s definitely a very much older more mature group this album out- the songs are reflection of that. They’ve done a lot more colab work with other artists, but at the same time they’ve also sampled way less and written a lot more of their own music and it’s really good writing.

The hoods music has always reflected where they are in life- hard road is very much about their struggles in early life and breaking out. The Great Expanse is more about their life now, the success and the downsides of it, being a parent and it touches on the issues of the day- the fight against depression is in there too.

It’s not the raw angry hip hop of The Hard Road, but it’s certainly not a bad album for not being it.