Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm sure the early fights of Stone Ocean will benefit from the about year or so between Golden Wind ending and it beginning so I won't already be kinda worn out from GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
So now that Fighting Gold is on its way out, what did the chain theme really have to do with anything? Is it just a metaphor for being chained by the Passione they decided to be literal with? I guess it confuses me because there's so very little actually going on in the opening, and it's kind of weird to base the whole thing on.

Askin in the manga thread in case I just forgot about something.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sleeping slaves or some poo poo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Chains Of Fate Bind Us To Our Paths

In a weird way Mista is correct about the nature of the universe

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It's a sign for the three deemed to die by fate also.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Wait, the reason for Bruno being a walking corpse wasn't truly explained? I seriously thought it was just a case of his resolve plus gold experience giving "life" to a corpse.

GE isn't like Crazy Diamond or whatever, at least it didn't seem like it was explicitly explained this way - since he can give life to inanimate objects... I thought it obviously just meant that it tethered Bruno's soul to the reanimated body.

Omnipotent Fist
Aug 18, 2018

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

And then Doppio walks in carrying a cake. Happy birthday, Bruno!

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Funky Valentine posted:

Sleeping slaves or some poo poo.

So was Rolling Stone in the opening from the start because I didn’t spot it until like 12 episodes in

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

More like Dragon’s Stream

Sorry I’m late

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I just realized how Kira picking Kosaku is the entire reason he ends up losing in the end.

Imagine if he picked a guy who's kid wasn't a weird surveillance freak.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If i was Diavolo i would tell them to put Trish in the elevator alone then leave. That way you don't have to tip Bruno off. I also wouldn't leave her hand behind if the entire point of killing her is that i'm worried some bullshit stand can use her DNA to track me down.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

FirstAidKite posted:

Just being in a different seat can mean you survive or die.

No, that's Underworld

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

where the sausage
is king crimson with two smiley faces

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

CJ posted:

If i was Diavolo i would tell them to put Trish in the elevator alone then leave. That way you don't have to tip Bruno off. I also wouldn't leave her hand behind if the entire point of killing her is that i'm worried some bullshit stand can use her DNA to track me down.

Yeah, Diavolo was super dumb with that; he assumed the gang stars were loyal and suspected nothing, so he should have just had a "normal" hand off with Trish, used his bullshit Stand to stay hidden with the handoff (and replace her with a thank you note) and then killed her at his leisure, instead of whatever the heck that was he did.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

To be fair, the gangstars killed off several traitors in their attempt to deliver Trish. It is weird to think that so far, all the fights have been between two factions who want the same thing - to find out the Boss's name and topple him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I imagine Diavolo tried his hardest to separate Bruno and Trish's hands without chopping her's off. Also it's not like anyone could account for that, why are they holding hands? He never told them to do that, this is bullshit.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
me when i had to study poo poo like this

(extreme volume warning)
https://twitter.com/joIynes/status/1099463332690563072

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh hey Ghiaccio.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

painted into a coroner posted:

To be fair, the gangstars killed off several traitors in their attempt to deliver Trish. It is weird to think that so far, all the fights have been between two factions who want the same thing - to find out the Boss's name and topple him.

La Squad wanted to find the boss's identity so they could take over the gang and expand the drug trade though, iirc

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Darko posted:

Yeah, Diavolo was super dumb with that; he assumed the gang stars were loyal and suspected nothing, so he should have just had a "normal" hand off with Trish, used his bullshit Stand to stay hidden with the handoff (and replace her with a thank you note) and then killed her at his leisure, instead of whatever the heck that was he did.

Maybe he wanted to see how Bruno would react, to test his loyalty? This way he knows if he will follow orders without any objections, and he can also show him how easily he can gently caress him up if he ever falls out of line.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

somepartsareme posted:

La Squad wanted to find the boss's identity so they could take over the gang and expand the drug trade though, iirc

I don't recall anything about expanding the drug trade, I thought it was just an internal power struggle. I doubt they would have stopped the drug trade if they were successful, though.

My point was more that the two groups had the same objective - remove the boss - even if they disagree with how the Mafia would work in a post-Diavolo environment.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

They were mad because the drug guys made much more money than they did, even though they saw themselves as the elites. So they wanted to take over the drug routes, for the money.

If they had waited like, a day, they could have ended up helping Bruno's Boys against the Boss instead of trying to kill them. All Giorno would have to say is "I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream" and they'd be convinced.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
One of the new anime only scenes was of La Squad getting mad that the drug guys making money and deciding to kill the boss to take his drug routes. Also they were kinda mad that the boss killed their gay friends.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Shoulda just paid the professional assassins more.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So what's this about King Crimson being explained in Hunter x Hunter?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Electric Phantasm posted:

So what's this about King Crimson being explained in Hunter x Hunter?

https://static2.7sama.com/firefox/bD0k0b3Oq_nqjxkDSvWQSQ/59/9157/9194/018.png

spoilers for most "recent" chapters of HxH

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't think this is it, chief, this doesn't really make any sense.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
im not saying it's a decent explanation of king crimson but it's a similar ability with actually defined consistent rules (that are abstract as poo poo)

e: basically he sees the next 10 seconds all at once, he can move however he wants in those 10 seconds, but other people experience the same 10 seconds that he forecasted. unlike king crimson it doesn't "erase" the time

somepartsareme fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 24, 2019

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's like literally the charts people made to explain king crimson, but used to explain another time power so it actually kind of is "It", cowboy

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

a spoilery picture was deleted from the anime thread comparing jojo characters to horror influences, what was the last one? Damo?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think it was the lady in the bathtub from Soft and Wet

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Josuke finding the lady in the bathtub right before he summons Soft & Wet, comparing it to Jack finding the woman's in the tub in the Shining

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

Josuke finding the lady in the bathtub right before he summons Soft & Wet, comparing it to Jack finding the woman's in the tub in the Shining

:ssh: 「SOFT & WET」

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
oops sorry

sssshhhh

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
That fight reminds me of the under execution under jailbreak one-shot Araki did. That was a good one-shot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still want a full translation of Poker Under Arms. Manga in Theory and Practice teased us with a few pages.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

El Burbo posted:

They were mad because the drug guys made much more money than they did, even though they saw themselves as the elites. So they wanted to take over the drug routes, for the money.

If they had waited like, a day, they could have ended up helping Bruno's Boys against the Boss instead of trying to kill them. All Giorno would have to say is "I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream" and they'd be convinced.

The problem is, Giorno never tries to recruit bad people, he just kills them. And, from what we see, the hitmen are pretty bad people. They're exactly the sort that Giorno wants to purge from the gang, and even if they had left Giorno alone, Giorno probably would have gone and killed them on his own anyway.

Like, Giorno killed Polpo for killing an innocent, and he killed Diavolo for selling drugs. Meanwhile, the assassins kill a bunch of innocents and they want to sell drugs. I don't think negotiations are going to work out.

Daxing Dan fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 25, 2019

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Pesci wasn't a bad boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zeruel posted:

Pesci wasn't a bad boy.
He was a loving mammoni