Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

8.8 owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Yeah the 8.8 is terrifying. The DPM on that thing will still scare just about anything you're shooting back into cover.

Can't speak for the Comet, but the T-43 I have no problems with. Power creep is very much real but it's still a good solid medium tank.

T-44 also, but in my experience it takes longer to get good.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
does the JT 88 still have vastly, comically better armor than the actual tier 9 tech tree JagdTiger?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I think its the same now, but T8 pref MM makes the armor better I guess. It has vastly better mobility I believe.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Hellsau posted:

does the JT 88 still have vastly, comically better armor than the actual tier 9 tech tree JagdTiger?

JT88 still has a stronger LFP (120mm vs 100mm) too, leading to ~190mm effective head-on. It's also got much better mobility.

WG at work!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

JT88 still has a stronger LFP (120mm vs 100mm) too, leading to ~190mm effective head-on. It's also got much better mobility.

WG at work!

Also can whip itself around unlike the tree one iirc.

Redeye Flight posted:

Yeah the 8.8 is terrifying. The DPM on that thing will still scare just about anything you're shooting back into cover.

Can't speak for the Comet, but the T-43 I have no problems with. Power creep is very much real but it's still a good solid medium tank.

T-44 also, but in my experience it takes longer to get good.

Well, in the case of the t-43, it is more than powercreep. WG wholesale nerfed the drat thing. It used to be able to mount the d-10t gun. Now it is left with 85mm peashooters.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Kerrow posted:

Came back to this game with some friends after couple of years. Tried continuing up the lines where I left off.. at Comet and T-43 ...

Uhhhh.. the power creep is real.

Atleast i still got my awesome 8.8 Jagdtiger which has like a unpenetrable front hull and wont get run over by multiple wheeled vehicles going 80km/h in most of the games, right? :shepicide:

T43 leads to the 140 which is still fairly good and the 430 and 430U which are break-the-game-over-its-knee level OP

As for the Comet, I was persuaded by this thread and reddit that the Centurion line is not worth grinding down, it's strictly outclassed both by the Patton line and the Italian medium line at minimum

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

All I know is that I *used* to be a pretty decent player. My average xp per battle is 816. It used to be closer to 900, back before physics, power creep, and when I was still decent at playing this terrible game.

In short, the whole "score 800-900 base xp 'x' amount of times" is like telling the average player to fly to the moon.

light tanks or a premium shouldnt be too bad

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

icantfindaname posted:

T43 leads to the 140 which is still fairly good and the 430 and 430U which are break-the-game-over-its-knee level OP

As for the Comet, I was persuaded by this thread and reddit that the Centurion line is not worth grinding down, it's strictly outclassed both by the Patton line and the Italian medium line at minimum

I mean yeah, except the Comet is great, and the 7/1 is one of the best tier 9's. The tier 10 is bang average but you can do some absurd things in it if you get hull down.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I probably should start grinding XP on the T44 to start my journey to the 430u. Butttt I have no credits after buying like 3 T9s after the Christmas event.

Also, I don't even know if I have a decent crew I can throw in that. Starting with a fresh crew is an exercise in frustration.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Comet is really good and fun, it's like a fat Cromwell with a little more armor and a slightly worse gun for the tier.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Eyeballing that EBR 75.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I love the british mediums for what its worth. The T10 is a better ridge sniper than the american, but the american is more versatile.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Cent 7/1 is still my favorite medium tank, even tough it did get somewhat weaker with all the new tanks coming out. Very reliable gun and decent mobility, sadly the turret armor is not as hot as it once was.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
look at this photograph .. everytime it makes me laugh https://i.imgur.com/4BCpSxg.jpg :ok hand:
everyone died in 1min30s,this shot ghosts through the foch and..that one guy had just got himself stuck trying to defend the cap

if i knew how to free cam in replays i totally would

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Feb 21, 2019

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Tahirovic posted:

Cent 7/1 is still my favorite medium tank, even tough it did get somewhat weaker with all the new tanks coming out. Very reliable gun and decent mobility, sadly the turret armor is not as hot as it once was.

People that know will just put Heat through the Turret cheeks, however it does bounce a ridiculous amount.

The AX is virtually invulnerable in the turret, but it faces a lot more derp guns.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Oh you know just grinding out the EBR 75 and Oh what the fuc-

E- Yeah I decided there is no way in hell that EBR 75 is worth close to its starting asking price of close to :siren:$75 :siren:. I can afford it no problem but cmon that is a little too much. So I will be grinding until the last day as much as I can to reduce the price and maybe face disappointment.

Also holy poo poo the game runs way better as promised with 1.4.

E2- Nobody told me a certain tank was on sale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT8MCiY44DA

gently caress the EBR 75. I got this guy instead.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 22, 2019

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Congrats on your bad tier 8 medium.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Congrats on your bad tier 8 medium.

And taste of music.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Sabaton owns sorry

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Definitely gonna back Katamari up on this one.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The Primo Victoria is the only tank I got a Kolobanov's in by ramming three of the last five tanks.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

The Primo Victoria is the only tank I got a Kolobanov's in by ramming three of the last five tanks.

:hai:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

i wasn't expecting this on Himmelsdorf lol

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

McGavin posted:

Obligatory :rock:

A Handed Missus posted:

i wasn't expecting this on Himmelsdorf lol

Well it helps when 1/3 of the enemy team is AFK. :imunfunny:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
It's not actually that bad and you get Sabaton as crew which is amazing. If you don't listen to Sabaton while playing this game you're doing it wrong anyway.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Was hoping for more air time on this but oh well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNV76H93_Mc

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

lol

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i've been stuck at 95% second skill brother in arms on the commander of my kv2 for years i play it sometimes but that one guy stays at 95% forever (yeah crew training is on) what im trying to say is 1 how the hell does 6 people fit in that tank and 2 what tank has more than 6? without looking myself

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Turmoilx posted:

i've been stuck at 95% second skill brother in arms on the commander of my kv2 for years i play it sometimes but that one guy stays at 95% forever (yeah crew training is on) what im trying to say is 1 how the hell does 6 people fit in that tank and 2 what tank has more than 6? without looking myself

I think there was one promotional tank with 7 (two gunners, two loaders and a radio op) but dunno if it's actually in the game.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Turmoilx posted:

how the hell does 6 people fit in that tank
Same as the KV-1 but with another guy in the turret. Wouldn't be comfortable but few (if any) Soviet tanks were.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the irl crew of the M3 Lee was 7 dudes. gotta man those machine guns

the real mystery is how four adult men fit into a hetzer

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Prav posted:

the irl crew of the M3 Lee was 7 dudes. gotta man those machine guns

the real mystery is how four adult men fit into a hetzer

Well, the hetzer was a late war tank and all grown men were dead so manned by boys?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The average height of an adult male in the 1940's was also like 5 foot 2 or some poo poo wasnt it?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Same as the KV-1 but with another guy in the turret. Wouldn't be comfortable but few (if any) Soviet tanks were.

now just think these crowded tanks and lactose jim eats a MRE with cheese in it

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

BadLlama posted:

The average height of an adult male in the 1940's was also like 5 foot 2 or some poo poo wasnt it?
maybe worldwide, but in the US it was 5'8" or so

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Uranium 235 posted:

maybe worldwide, but in the US it was 5'8" or so

Guess thats why the sherman was so gigantic.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have designate target on my race car and I also apparently got directives from frontline for that which adds another 2 seconds. I do not remember, when you spot someone does it does 8 second +- 25% then add 4 seconds to that?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Average global height was noticeably shorter in WW2, yeah.

If you've never watched the Chieftan's Hatch videos Wargaming puts out, it's worth it. In addition to getting tank history and technical specs from a tank veteran, you also get to watch Nicholas Moran try to contort his 6'4" self into, say, the BT-7. Or the T-55. Or the Hetzer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
In comedy tanks, don't forget that the e-25 houses 4 people in it as well. How I don't know, but the game says it does.

Edit: oh yeah. The UE 57 has 4 crew as well. I assume 3 of them walk behind it though since it is open top.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 24, 2019