Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

corn in the bible posted:

I'm actually shocked nobody has done a mass shooting via drone before

The gun would break the drone. Also it would be super inaccurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I would imagine it’s really difficult for some amateur to devise a contraption to put a gun onto some store bought drone and have it work in any way.

Seriously just give it some thought, it’s not easy.

That's true but commercial, consumer-grade drones are still basically in their infancy as a technology. It hasn't been that long yet for people to figure out the best ways to be terrible with them.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Rubio is such a piece of poo poo.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Koalas March posted:

Environmental caucus update:

On the call right now. They're (a certain clique within our board, it's highschool levels of petty) SHOOK. I brought up redlining, segregation, lead poisoning. I brought my own proposal to increasing representation and everyone seemed to like it.

These bylaws are absolutely not getting passed.

I put forward a motion to table the vote on the bylaws until we can address the racial disparity. I am making them vote on screwing us lmao

edit: also called out white people hoarding natural resources lmao

Keep up the good fight, my friend.

Kamikaze drones? Don't we already have a bunch of deadly toys to shred tanks, like A-10s?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Koalas March posted:

Environmental caucus update:

On the call right now. They're (a certain clique within our board, it's highschool levels of petty) SHOOK. I brought up redlining, segregation, lead poisoning. I brought my own proposal to increasing representation and everyone seemed to like it.

These bylaws are absolutely not getting passed.

I put forward a motion to table the vote on the bylaws until we can address the racial disparity. I am making them vote on screwing us lmao

edit: also called out white people hoarding natural resources lmao

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

HootTheOwl posted:

The gun would break the drone. Also it would be super inaccurate.

Just drop a bunch of guns with rubber bands around the trigger around

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

KickerOfMice posted:

Keep up the good fight, my friend.

Kamikaze drones? Don't we already have a bunch of deadly toys to shred tanks, like A-10s?

Klashnukov is Russian.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

What the gently caress is happening with these weirdos' twitter.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

HootTheOwl posted:

Klashnukov is Russian.

Ah, I glazed over that second mention of it. :doh:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Anti tank kamikaze drones have existed for decades, they’re called TOW missiles.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

100% agree.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anti tank kamikaze drones have existed for decades, they’re called TOW missiles.

But now... wireless!

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

zenguitarman posted:

This question applies to about 95% of twitter. Including the owner.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

"Your favorite President, me!" is something the Obviously Criminal President in a movie about a Criminal President who is Obviously Criminal and who nobody likes and everyone knows nobody likes and he is fully aware that nobody likes him and knows hes a criminal says.

A poorly written movie, at that.

It could be straight out of Futurama.

"Your favorite president, ME! A-roo!"

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Weaponized drones introduce loiter time and more separation between the user and the target than missiles. On top of that you spare the expense of sensors beyond a cheap little camera. a rocket engine, and a dedicated launcher.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Roadie posted:

It could be straight out of Futurama.

"Your favorite president, ME! A-roo!"

It's-a me, your favorite president-o!

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
So, funny storytime.
I have a friend that works at the last surviving mall around here, for a place that etches stuff. They may might make Things that you can Remember. I was mailed this earlier today, with the explanation that it might be a given name or a nickname, but the customers were absolutely certain about the pronunciation.

I do not lie, this is 100% real. She said she had to explain why she was laughing so hard after the couple left the shop.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Potential BFF posted:

Weaponized[...]

...tax goinked from the cute thread:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Potential BFF posted:

Weaponized drones introduce loiter time and more separation between the user and the target than missiles. On top of that you spare the expense of sensors beyond a cheap little camera. a rocket engine, and a dedicated launcher.

Yeah, if it ends up cheap enough it's going to be a big loving deal in the same way cheap RPGs were a big deal twenty years ago. It's not revolutionary tech that changes the battlefield, it's the tech that actually makes its way into the hands of revolutionaries.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Somebody post a pic of Kennedy on Inauguration Day and a picture of him in Dealy Plaza in Marco’s mentions.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

They are STILL trying to ram this poo poo through.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

selec posted:

Somebody post a pic of Kennedy on Inauguration Day and a picture of him in Dealy Plaza in Marco’s mentions.

It's been done a few times.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

selec posted:

That would be funnier if it was Cruz tweeting this poo poo out.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
All aboard the KM Owns train! Toot toot!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Last time I said KM was cool an angry goon PMd me and told me to stop mod worshipping.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

those are wire-guided

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Last time I said KM was cool an angry goon PMd me and told me to stop mod worshipping.

They would be wrong and should feel bad for being so wrong.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If you have heroes youre obligated to not venerate them, so dont start. :colbert:

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What a nerd. You sometimes have to step back and ask yourself "how online am I?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aejWas9R_0E

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

zenguitarman posted:

You'll have to be more specific.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
Of course the US already has such tech.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AeroVironment_Switchblade

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ague Proof posted:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1099808766894190592

Countdown until he posts Allende.

https://twitter.com/Dios_Federacion/status/1099827036711981056

These people are loving sociopaths. What did his wife do?

We seriously have people who are acting like Ceaușescu shouldn't have been executed when the Iron Curtain fell? You execute people for crimes against humanity, same as we did to the loving Nazis. It's the way you make sure those people never get near the levers of power again, so you don't have a repeat like happened with Napoleon or Vlad Tepes or the Nazis we didn't execute at Nuremburg. His wife was a major party figure, with her terminal position being a 1st Deputy Prime Minister. She had huge amounts of blood on her hands and needed to answer for it.

Is this thread now hot takes about how dictators should just walk when they lose power? The whole point is it's cheap power that you don't get a nice retirement from.

And for reference, we shouldn't be intervening in Venezuela but instead using soft power to get the conflict solved and make sure Maduro doesn't get a Pinochet-style exit to live his days in some nice villa with money he's absconded from his country. At the very least, he needs to spend the rest of his days rotting in a prison cell, and doing that honestly gives the mistaken option that he gets released under a change in governments or a later lack of will.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

And is using them, from the sounds of them they are flying claymores that intercept at 98mph.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Lol Lil Marco deleted his Ghaddaffi murder tweet.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Telsa Cola posted:

And is using them, from the sounds of them they are flying claymores that intercept at 98mph.

Please clarify this because it sounds horrifying.

NM, reading about that thing explains the lot of it. Jesus.

E- read the article first, dumbass.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 25, 2019

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

friendbot2000 posted:

Lol Lil Marco deleted his Ghaddaffi murder tweet.

apparently he's blaming his wife

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

KickerOfMice posted:

Claymore as in the mine. The drones function as flying 40mm grenades but the warhead detonates in a focused arc spraying the pellets in one direction.

You can also apparently drop them from a plane and still have them work.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

KickerOfMice posted:

NM, reading about that thing explains the lot of it. Jesus.

E- read the article first, dumbass.

You can use one in a variety of FPS Ubisoft games on the market right now and ya, with a little imagination it’s easy to grasp how horrifying a hovering tiny helicopter packed with explosives could be.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

CPColin posted:

All aboard the KM Owns train! Toot toot!

THE MOTION FAILED. Better minority representation will be written into the new bylaws by the bylaw committee, which I have just been appointed to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
^^^edit hell yeah

Telsa Cola posted:

Claymore as in the mine. The drones function as flying 40mm grenades but the warhead detonates in a focused arc.

we already the proved the drone with a gun on it is horribly inefficient.

but what if swords?