Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There anyway to buy from the Australian shop if you're elsewhere? Though I'm assuming no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Is anything good coming out in the next month, or has anything good come out recently?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yoshi comes out next month and looks to be very good (there's a demo right now) but admittedly that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Justin_Brett posted:

There anyway to buy from the Australian shop if you're elsewhere? Though I'm assuming no.

Just create a Switch account then create a Nintendo ID with Australia as the country selection.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

a7m2 posted:

Is anything good coming out in the next month, or has anything good come out recently?

Chocobo's Dungeon on the 20th-ish

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

unimportantguy posted:

I feel like this thread needs some kind of moratorium on Souls posting because there are some astoundingly bad takes in here. Especially whichever fucker said the online on Switch had a population; that's a huge lie. :V

I dunno, there's always some rear end in a top hat in Anor Londo waiting for me as a dark wraith when I regain humanity.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I dunno, there's always some rear end in a top hat in Anor Londo waiting for me as a dark wraith when I regain humanity.

This hasn't been my experience. I sat around in Anor Londo, human, with a white soapstone sign down, for like a couple hours at different times over a couple days before just giving up and summoning Solaire. I never got any co-op hits *or* any invasions.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

unimportantguy posted:

This hasn't been my experience. I sat around in Anor Londo, human, with a white soapstone sign down, for like a couple hours at different times over a couple days before just giving up and summoning Solaire. I never got any co-op hits *or* any invasions.

Tough, but that's the thing with Dark Souls. Online play is just an enhancement, not the main thing. Some people will just try to play it solo, ignoring summons completely.

That said, you could just ask someone to join you out of game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1099791478082146305

Toadette is bigger than Mario.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

unimportantguy posted:

What level were you?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Can someone tell me why Agatha is in Hyrule Warriors again, apart from it never not being funny to clown on her as Ganondorf.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

s.i.r.e. posted:

I believe so, towards the end of the game I only build Armories because I found that the more I had on a planet the less likely the enemies would set-up shop again on it after I had cleared it.

Is building enough or do you have to upgrade them too?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Judge Tesla posted:

Can someone tell me why Agatha is in Hyrule Warriors again, apart from it never not being funny to clown on her as Ganondorf.

To clown on Ganondorf as her

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Judge Tesla posted:

Someone at Team Ninja thought Hyrule Warriors wasn't moe enough and well they weren't wrong

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Was there any major game breaking issues with the Switch version of Trials Rising? Cause... I liked the open beta... and while I loving HATE the loot crate nonsense... it's Trials.. in portable format.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
I'm looking at getting an extra controller since I'm not a huge fan of the joycons when not in handheld mode, plus the right joycon seems a bit crap at keeping it's connection for some reason.

Anyway, I really like the look of the SF30 Pro and that's the one I'm thinking of getting. Anyone here had any experience with it?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

I'm looking at getting an extra controller since I'm not a huge fan of the joycons when not in handheld mode, plus the right joycon seems a bit crap at keeping it's connection for some reason.

Anyway, I really like the look of the SF30 Pro and that's the one I'm thinking of getting. Anyone here had any experience with it?

I used that controller once and liked it. FWIW, 8bitdo is working on a similar controller, but with handles like modern controllers have. It was due out around Christmas. I was planning to get one but got tired of waiting so I bought their wireless USB adaptor. I haven't yet used it with the Switch, but I use it regularly with my PC and I love it. It effortlessly connects to my Wii U Pro controllers (the best controllers).

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I own a regular SF30 (not pro) and it works pretty well but it did require a d-pad tape mod since it was way too sensitive at first.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

Yes it's great and good value. I still use the official pro when I'm playing by myself but with the SF30 for platformers like hollow knight or as the go to second controller for co-op or multiplayer.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yes it's great and good value. I still use the official pro when I'm playing by myself but with the SF30 for platformers like hollow knight or as the go to second controller for co-op or multiplayer.

It's also great for the Genesis collection and Runner 3.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Elman posted:

I own a regular SF30 (not pro) and it works pretty well but it did require a d-pad tape mod since it was way too sensitive at first.

You mean to tell me controls that aren't the Switch Pro need tape to correct overly sensitive dpads? Why are dpads so lovely lately?!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wildtortilla posted:

You mean to tell me controls that aren't the Switch Pro need tape to correct overly sensitive dpads? Why are dpads so lovely lately?!

Nintendo's patent expired and they decided to make the worst dpads they could out of spite.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Cool, thanks all.

I'm pretty much exclusively playing BOTW at the moment so I'll take a punt and see how it fares and if using the analogue is uncomfortable without controller handles I'll stump up for the Pro Controller.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

Yeah, I tried to play Celeste with it and I kept getting unintended diagonal inputs. It took some trial and error to get the mod right but I'm really happy with it now.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Maybe d-pads are being made like that intentionally in response to people that use d-pads wrong and then complain that the diagonals are too hard to hit.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Unfortunately d-pads from all three console manufacturers have taken a page from the “hot garbage” hand book when it comes to making one this generation. The joycon needs to be able to be used as a stand alone controller so the button d-pad makes sense there but the pro controller d-pad really dropped the ball and there isn’t an excuse there

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I've been playing Moonlighter a bit. Mildly enjoying it so far I suppose.

My main question would be, does this game at some point do something to differentiate itself in a positive way from Recettear? Because at the moment it just feels like that game only with less personality and less involved shop-keeping.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Unfortunately d-pads from all three console manufacturers have taken a page from the “hot garbage” hand book when it comes to making one this generation. The joycon needs to be able to be used as a stand alone controller so the button d-pad makes sense there but the pro controller d-pad really dropped the ball and there isn’t an excuse there

hosed up that the only good d-pad this generation was the PS Vita

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

So I've been playing Moonlighter a bit. Mildly enjoying it so far I suppose.

My main question would be, does this game at some point do something to differentiate itself in a positive way from Recettear? Because at the moment it just feels like that game only with less personality and less involved shop-keeping.

Not really. The biggest failing of Moonlighter is that the shop half of the game is a huge ball of nothing. There isn't much to it and it's almost impossible to have that part of the game fail you. Your enjoyment of the game is going to live or die by how much you're enjoying the dungeon crawling.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

hosed up that the only good d-pad this generation was the PS Vita

"this generation"

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

Andrast posted:

"this generation"

the back touch is for ALL generations

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Mr. Locke posted:

Not really. The biggest failing of Moonlighter is that the shop half of the game is a huge ball of nothing. There isn't much to it and it's almost impossible to have that part of the game fail you. Your enjoyment of the game is going to live or die by how much you're enjoying the dungeon crawling.

I definitely got that impression. It's kind of crazy because I always figured the shop-keeping was kind of this game's "thing" to differentiate itself by, but there's just nothing to it. You set a price, either people will pay it and you increase the price a little or they won't and you decrease the price a little.

In Recettear, you'd have return customers, certain types of customers would be more interested in certain types of items, you could put big-ticket items in the window-display to draw people in...and then on top of that the dungeon-crawling was pretty much on par with what is in Moonlighter.

I just really don't understand the thinking behind making a game that's "just like this other game, only worse."

Eh, oh well. It was on sale and I'll probably get another 3-4 hours of enjoyment from it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo: Cleveland Zteamer is fake, but easy to verify

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Got a new shell for my Pro controller, and at the same time did the D-pad mod. Took a few tries, but I found it works best without anything under the pivot-point. With the pivot, and the tape over contacts, it took concentrated effort to register a direction. Made a smaller pivot and it was better, but I was still not registering Down every time. With just the tape, it's perfect, and I haven't had any false drops in Tetris 99 :toot:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Judge Tesla posted:

They wanted someone else from Twilight Princess who wasn't a villain and Midna was already in?

The real question is, why does Skyward Sword have fewer characters than any of the other games (at launch, anyway) and NO GROOSE?!

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

I definitely got that impression. It's kind of crazy because I always figured the shop-keeping was kind of this game's "thing" to differentiate itself by, but there's just nothing to it. You set a price, either people will pay it and you increase the price a little or they won't and you decrease the price a little.

In Recettear, you'd have return customers, certain types of customers would be more interested in certain types of items, you could put big-ticket items in the window-display to draw people in...and then on top of that the dungeon-crawling was pretty much on par with what is in Moonlighter.

I just really don't understand the thinking behind making a game that's "just like this other game, only worse."

Eh, oh well. It was on sale and I'll probably get another 3-4 hours of enjoyment from it.

the vibe i got from that game was that the creator wasn't initially aware of Recettear, i could be totally wrong about that though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Silver Falcon posted:

They wanted someone else from Twilight Princess who wasn't a villain and Midna was already in?

The real question is, why does Skyward Sword have fewer characters than any of the other games (at launch, anyway) and NO GROOSE?!

It was tied with Ocarina of Time and TP if you count Sheik as from OoT and Impa as from Skyward (since she has the model from Skyward Sword)

Post all the DLC it ended up still tied with OoT iirc.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Tales of Woe posted:

the vibe i got from that game was that the creator wasn't initially aware of Recettear, i could be totally wrong about that though.

That would be funny if true. I did some board-game prototyping a while back and the first thing I would do was google any idea I had to see what else is out there. You don't want to be known as the "also-ran" before you even get your foot in the door.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I dont think I get Undertale.

Spoilers because Undertale talk is ~SERIOUS BUSINESS~

I made it to the winter town place, I forget the name, but so far the game isnt grabbing me. I get that the battles are discovering what each enemy wants, fulfilling those wants, and making peace. Alternately, the battles are just running away each time, which seems to also be an option. I've taken to just running from battles because the outcome seems to be the same. Mostly I dont feel like the game is going anywhere. Is there some big revelation I've missed, or is one coming? Or do I maybe just not like this game that everyone else seems to love? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I dont think I get Undertale.

Spoilers because Undertale talk is ~SERIOUS BUSINESS~

I made it to the winter town place, I forget the name, but so far the game isnt grabbing me. I get that the battles are discovering what each enemy wants, fulfilling those wants, and making peace. Alternately, the battles are just running away each time, which seems to also be an option. I've taken to just running from battles because the outcome seems to be the same. Mostly I dont feel like the game is going anywhere. Is there some big revelation I've missed, or is one coming? Or do I maybe just not like this game that everyone else seems to love? :iiam:

You're still wayy too far early into the game. It will start to click over time. Also, don't run away, because then you'll lose out on money.