Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

The farore's wind puzzle is dumb because there's no real indication that the sun switch in the first room is what affects other rooms, but I'll give the hacker credit for trying to find a way to include a mostly-ignored spell in a puzzle solution. Less credit for making you do it twice though.

Fire block room suuuucks also what the hell happened with that switch

In case anyone needed confirmation, yes, getting hit by the gerudos' spin attack sends you to the pit. Thank god for save states

The iron knuckle puzzle is dumb as hell but I kind of like it? Pre-lit bombs to activate iron knuckles is cool and inverting the master quest puzzle about destroying thrones with an iron knuckle to be about preventing the iron knuckle from destroying the throne is neat. The pillar jumps are awkward though.

I didn't mention it in the fire temple but I like the sideways rusty switches as a new puzzle element not used in the base game. The need to find a way to swing the hammer at them makes them more interesting than "regular switch, but you need the hammer" like they are normally.

Oh also I feel it's a missed opportunity that the central room with the statue has a fire and ice theme to fit with Twinrova but the rest of the dungeon just does whatever.

We haven't been to the lower child part of the spirit temple, right? I forget if it's even reachable in this hack or if it's just permanently barred off. Speaking of which: I don't like that this hack doesn't distinguish visually between "temporarily barred until you solve a puzzle" and "permanently barred because we're doing something weird with the way you traverse the dungeon (see: forest temple)". Couldn't you use song of time blocks/golden gauntlet obelisks/some other impassable actor to block off the unusable doors?

One more for the road: How come the child bosses had changes to their arenas (even though it was pretty much just "add some dodongos/gohmas/baris") but the adult bosses are unchanged? What are you doing Ostrealava

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Alright, 8pm EST is happening. We'll be live here shortly: https://www.twitch.tv/FPzero Finished up, thanks for coming.

Geemer posted:

:negative:

Is this my punishment for the spider thing?

I'm sorry man, we had to wait for someone to get home from work. I'll try and schedule the next one at a time that works better for more people.

FPzero fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 25, 2019

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

There was one joke in particular from this episode I wanted to commemorate.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

ZeButler posted:

This is it. This is the best episode, right here. We can close the thread now, nothing will top this.

I was wrong, so very, very wrong.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

ZeButler posted:

I was wrong, so very, very wrong.

I only caught the end of the stream, but hot drat. Lots to look forward to, thread.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The stream was goddamn amazing by the end.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I don't care what the game says, the true meaning of Nimpize is art.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Sooooo... chances on the Ganondorf fight having Gerudos that'll send you to the Pit?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Weeble posted:

Sooooo... chances on the Ganondorf fight having Gerudos that'll send you to the Pit?

The escape will.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

ChaosArgate posted:

There was one joke in particular from this episode I wanted to commemorate.

Don't doxx me

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

If this game is art, then art truly means nothing.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

FPzero posted:

The stream was goddamn amazing by the end.

ChaosArgate posted:

:negative: :negative:
Now I have to wait for the episodes like a chump.
:negative: :negative:

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

I'm pretty sure you could always go watch the VOD on Twitch, still.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

It's just not the same. :smithicide:

My excessive use of :negative: should've tipped you off that I'm only playing this up to be a much bigger deal than it actually is. Also, apparently you can make subtext creep out of the spoiler box. Who knew?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
OK I just watched the episode and what the gently caress were those puzzles

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I'm so excited since Ganon's Tower forces you to play Skyward Sword with an N64 controller

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I can't believe they hacked in the Stone Towers flipping mechanic and made amazing use of it in the Water Temple

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I hope that the Spirit Temple is blocked off with a Hover Boots gap right after the rusty switch and then Twinrova can only take damage from the Biggoron's Sword which you need to obtain by getting 100 Skulltulas

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Procrastine posted:

The farore's wind puzzle is dumb because there's no real indication that the sun switch in the first room is what affects other rooms, but I'll give the hacker credit for trying to find a way to include a mostly-ignored spell in a puzzle solution. Less credit for making you do it twice though.
The worst part is that you can't even go back down to the room with the mirror directly after using FW the first time. All exits are blocked, unless I missed one. You must save-warp to continue the puzzle.

Procrastine posted:

Fire block room suuuucks also what the hell happened with that switch
My best guess is that the switch was implemented poorly and didn't have a proper hitbox/collision or something, which meant that unless you placed the box perfectly, the switch kept rapidly toggling on and off because of lovely detection.

Procrastine posted:

The iron knuckle puzzle is dumb as hell but I kind of like it? Pre-lit bombs to activate iron knuckles is cool and inverting the master quest puzzle about destroying thrones with an iron knuckle to be about preventing the iron knuckle from destroying the throne is neat. The pillar jumps are awkward though.
It's a neat idea implemented poorly. Mostly in that those jumps, combined with the column geometry, look like they were hell to do.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

alcharagia posted:

I hope that the Spirit Temple is blocked off with a Hover Boots gap right after the rusty switch and then Twinrova can only take damage from the Biggoron's Sword which you need to obtain by getting 100 Skulltulas

Well I can answer one of those things since we're never going to get it anyway, Biggoron's Sword is hidden behind all 100 skulltulas.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Artix posted:

Well I can answer one of those things since we're never going to get it anyway, Biggoron's Sword is hidden behind all 100 skulltulas.

In theory Biggoron's Sword is hidden behind 100 skulltulas, and that's what the message says, but iirc in fact it's the Giant's Knife so it breaks if you use it

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Submitting a Sandwich of Eldritch Knowledge courtesy of Tanz who joins us along with Ryushikaze and their two cats for the Water Temple session but does not have a forums account of her own:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

In theory Biggoron's Sword is hidden behind 100 skulltulas, and that's what the message says, but iirc in fact it's the Giant's Knife so it breaks if you use it

Are you loving making GBS threads me

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdBono3HqOE

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
The Iron Knuckle puzzle was cool as hell in concept, if the romhacker noticed that game physics hate climbing on pillars and put them a bit closer together it could even be good in execution.

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
I think it'd be fine with hover boots and that's how it was meant to be done as if it was on console, but it was placed so that you could do pixel perfect jumps with savestates too.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ChaosArgate posted:

Are you loving making GBS threads me

It's wonderful, isn't it

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

This game :allears:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Nimpize Adventure!

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Artix posted:

what the gently caress

what the gently caress

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Ha ha haaaaaaaaa it's not over :negative:

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
So when is "Get hosed 0: The prequel you never knew you wanted"?

Ahahahahaha, I love this hack.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I... I was kidding...

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

I was laughing to myself when I saw your Hover Boots comment, because that's almost exactly what happens. Jury's out on whether or not you need Biggoron's Sword to beat Twinrova*.

*I already know the answer to this, but that's spoiling.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Spirit Temple was my favorite before this whole mess but this solidifies it as The Bestest Temple

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

I feel like I should apologise for figuring out how to get through that door.

Weeble posted:

Bruceski posted:

The escape will.
And it turns out that getting sent to the Pit is actually the only way to escape the castle, so you need them to get Zelda too.

Quantum Toast fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 27, 2019

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Nimpize giveth, and Nimpize taketh away

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So it seems pretty blatant NOW spirit temple was supposed to be last, but of course the rom hacker did a terrible job of signifying this, he should've made use of rusty switches/places you had to hover sooner so players won't keep wasting their time coming back.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I require more ice traps! Get on it Nimpize!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

My favorite thing here is that there's two treasure chests in that iron knuckle room. And one of them holds something absolutely useless, just to slap the player extra hard if they though they could kill the iron knuckle after getting lucky on finding the treasure chest early.