Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Oh man, who would've though that making a blanket program to pump videos to children could be so easily exploited. Oh wait, this is YouTube we're talking about. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

That down the road not across the street joke is extremely old. I encountered it when I was a kid.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Filthy Frank must be stopped, no matter the cost...

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
In case you gave up on Jack Black's channel already, today's video had him playing (though I'm not entirely convinced) Brutal Legend for about ten minutes. Maybe you'll get something out of it, but it seemed like a lot of wasted potential, which has been my opinion of his videos as a whole.

But I was reminded of another time a big celebrity did gaming videos. Machinima might be gone, but thankfully all the episodes of The Tommy Wi-Show were re-uploaded to the show's channel.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Why would i ever give up on Jablinski

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Ill admit that if there was another place to watch lps id go there. YouTube is a hot loving trashfire these days.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ZeusCannon posted:

Ill admit that if there was another place to watch lps id go there. YouTube is a hot loving trashfire these days.
Can you point to specific instances this week?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Is LParchive still being used? I know it's still functional, just unsure if anyone is still uploading to it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The archive is maintained by one dude who often gets busy in real life and thus lets it languish for a little while. Don’t worry, Baldurk’ll get to it eventually.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Baldurk should make a patreon so we can all pay his living expenses and he wont have to deal with that "job" rot.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Leal posted:

Baldurk should make a patreon so we can all pay his living expenses and he wont have to deal with that "job" rot.

Especially since projectwonderful died and took whatever ad revenue the archive made with it.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Those guys are dead? Haha good riddance. They had scummy ads... for webcomics...

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
If Baldurk set up a Patreon or something, I would absolutely throw $5 his way every month. The Archive has been a great resource for so many of us and I really don't wanna see it ever go away.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Jamesman posted:

If Baldurk set up a Patreon or something, I would absolutely throw $5 his way every month. The Archive has been a great resource for so many of us and I really don't wanna see it ever go away.

:same:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Hell yeah. The LPArchive is important and needs to exist

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I'd support that as well but the last few times something of the sort was suggested baldurk went "nah"

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

i'm possibly being overly optimistic. but is there a good, blind, video lp of dangan ronpa v3?

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eusAn_mVfOs

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Not really important but I have just watched Psychedelic Eyeball play Garfield Kart and I don't know why. I also don't understand why that game exists.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

David D. Davidson posted:

Not really important but I have just watched Psychedelic Eyeball play Garfield Kart and I don't know why. I also don't understand why that game exists.

Same reason why every ____ Kart racing game exists. Mario Kart makes a shitzillion dollars and other companies desperately want a piece of it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Crash Team Racing is better than any Mario Kart though.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Jon can wavedash Garfield Kart is incredibly good

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

David D. Davidson posted:

I just enjoy his dulcet tones

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

SirSamVimes posted:

I've played a shitton of every Mario Kart game but didn't play CTR until last year. I had I always assumed it was a lovely Mario Kart clone and people were just trying to convince themselves it was just as good as Mario Kart because they only owned a PlayStation as a kid and this was the closest to the real thing they had access to. Sort of like when Wacky Wheels came out on PC shortly after the original Super Mario Kart on the SNES and was a choppy mess.

Anyway, while the track design in CTR generally isn't very exciting and the cast of playable characters is even less so, it does play well and is absolutely a better single player game than Mario Kart 64. I'm not even talking about the adventure mode (which can gently caress right off), just the actual racing which is very fast-paced and the AI doesn't cheat as far as I could tell.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

SirSamVimes posted:

That's not how you spell Diddy Kong Racing. :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Diddy Kong Racing was great since my neighbour would put in the 2 player cheat and race normally while I'd drive backwards and ram anyone who was in second place, and we pretty much 100%ed the game that way

I like smashing people and I don't really care for racing

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Doc M posted:

I've played a shitton of every Mario Kart game but didn't play CTR until last year. I had I always assumed it was a lovely Mario Kart clone and people were just trying to convince themselves it was just as good as Mario Kart because they only owned a PlayStation as a kid and this was the closest to the real thing they had access to. Sort of like when Wacky Wheels came out on PC shortly after the original Super Mario Kart on the SNES and was a choppy mess.

Anyway, while the track design in CTR generally isn't very exciting and the cast of playable characters is even less so, it does play well and is absolutely a better single player game than Mario Kart 64. I'm not even talking about the adventure mode (which can gently caress right off), just the actual racing which is very fast-paced and the AI doesn't cheat as far as I could tell.

Crash Tag Team Racing is even better.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Dragonatrix posted:

That's not how you spell Diddy Kong Racing. :colbert:

Collectathon Bullshit does not belong in a Kart Racer. :colbert:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Angry_Ed posted:

Collectathon Bullshit does not belong in a Kart Racer. :colbert:
Never mind that, Diddy Kong Racing doesn't even have the fast-paced and intense racing that makes CTR worthwhile.

I have strong opinions on mascot kart racers for children.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CTR got drift boosting RIGHT goddamnit.
Havent played amother Kart that does that core part nearly as well.

Also a shield item that actually works and you have a good chance of getting while 1st

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 12, 2019

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Oh hey~ a big ol Save The Rec Center event started like yesterday. Lowtax screenshotted the Something Awful Forums Businesss
Dot Com BOA account showing -$90.67. He's broken through his catholic guilt to ask the forums to help him stay alive. Been real heartwarming.

Heres the gbs thread

Bonus points: there's a retelling of the banme drama from the Shmorkey years. I know that's talked about in hushed tones here, but there who gives a gently caress it happened years ago. Page 40-41ish

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Woof!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I've used my expert plumbing skills to reroute the patreon of the LP Zone to lowtaxs bank account.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Does anyone know what’s going on with Chip and Ironicus’ LPs? They’re on a bit of a hiatus with no warning. I was worried something had happened to one of them, but I skimmed Chip’s twitter and everything seems fine. So, have they indicated anywhere how long this hiatus will last? I’m very excited for both of the current LPs to continue.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ariong posted:

Does anyone know what’s going on with Chip and Ironicus’ LPs? They’re on a bit of a hiatus with no warning. I was worried something had happened to one of them, but I skimmed Chip’s twitter and everything seems fine. So, have they indicated anywhere how long this hiatus will last? I’m very excited for both of the current LPs to continue.

Chip got his job back at Volition so I imagine that’s the main reason.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
LA Gangs claim another

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Kibayasu posted:

Yeah. They're still working on both LPs but C+I like having a good backlog.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

They best be working on FreeSpace 3 if they know what's good for them.
If not, I'll be sad - which I am, because some lawyer bought back the license for like 5k bux which I'm pretty sure could've been crowdfunded and handed to Volition if they wanted it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ariong posted:

Chip makes occasional updates on Patreon. He says they're almost ready to restart uploading videos, but he's been very busy with being back at Volition and creating as big a backlog as possible so they can keep up regular updates again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

drat, Volition really runs hot and cold don’t they? Well, I’m glad to hear he’s back in action. That’s a drat good reason to stop LPing for a while. (Not that you need a good reason to do that.) I wonder if we’ll get more Volition streams.