Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
goatstein's stupid obama post still makes me lol

quote:

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

As his trusted associates T-Von and Mook-Mook the Bushman pushed open the grand organic farm-grown cruelty-free redwood doors paid for by his 95% tax rate, he stepped into the antechamber of the gold-domed palace. Outside, ShariaVentalism reigned, but in here his word was law, and all his white teen sex slaves cowered before his glare more than even the hemp whips of their latte-drinking tweeded atheist masters.

He walked down the hallway toward his office and a prisoner in chains passed before him, lead by two turban-wearing Mexicans. He spotted the King and began shouting curses.

"You loving fascist! I knew it! I knew it! I told them, but they wouldn't listen, that your health care platform was a slippery slope to all this! You won't get away with this! The will of the Free Market will not be denied!"
"Seelenceo een the prezence of the Keeng, preesoner!"

King Obama spotted a chance to improve his ill mood.

"Bring him here. Good. Give me his file." The king looked over the prisoner's dossier. A long list of crimes against the state, and a repeat offender. "You'll never get away with this! Never!"
"Hush now, Mr. Jack. We have ways of dealing with unruly sorts such as yourself."
"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."
"Peh! I spit at your torture! The Free Market gives me strength!"
"Oh, no, not anything as gauche as that."

The King grabbed a syringe from the outstretched hand of one of his nearby breakdancing bodyguards, and plunged it into the man's helpless neck.

"Now you are immune to rubella."

Kyle's lingering, echoing screams of tormented horror brought a slight smile like a crack in Obama's stony brown face as he walked into his lavish velvet-lined office and shut the door behind him. He motioned for his bodyguards to leave the room, and he addressed the giant screens hanging over his desk.

"Screen one on. Connect to Emperor bin Laden of Eurabia. Screen two: Hugo Chavez of the U.S.S.A.R.. Screen three: The High Elder of Zion."

The three figures appeared live via satelite.

"Gentlemen," began Obama darkly, "it's time to have... a conversation."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

MikeCrotch posted:

Someone post that pre-Trump graph where self described centrists both preferred strongmen leaders and disliked democracy more than either the far left or far right

Centrism has always and forever been the real basis of fascism.

Another thing about centrists that no one talks about : political extremism seems to provide resistance to all kinds of cognitive errors except confirmation bias.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

ikanreed posted:

Centrism has always and forever been the real basis of fascism.

Another thing about centrists that no one talks about : political extremism seems to provide resistance to all kinds of cognitive errors except confirmation bias.

If you went to centrists now and said that elections were abolished but Obama was president forever most would take it in a heartbeat

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

goatstein's stupid obama post still makes me lol

I love SMG's one too

quote:

12:05 PM eastern standard time, the Muslims have vanished. Check for yourself if you don't believe me. Where have they gone to?

There is speculation, of course. Scientists mention a cosmic storm that passed the Earth on January 20. A man says they are all in caves. Certain groups lament a faulty Rapture. A woman says he has taken their power and absorbed it into himself. She means Barack Obama. I doubt it, but he does seem somehow taller. The ground rumbles at times. The breaking news says WASHINGTON DC, with red concentric circles. I'm uneasy, but what can we do? Terror is defeated and if Obama were a Muslim, he'd be just as gone as them. There's no cause for alarm.

Within months, Barack Obama has declared a war on vague unease. It's a good idea, because frankly we could all use some peace of mind. Approval rating is higher than ever now that the Muslims had left, but I don't think we are happy yet. His eyes are shining sometimes, as a deer's eyes shine in a flashlight beam. Small fissures criss-cross the pavement. Trees are swaying, but the breeze is gone. Something is changing in our world.

Aeroplanes don't exist anymore. Scientists explain that the density of the air is too low to support their wings. Then how do we breathe?! We should have died by now, but I think we are evolving. Our bodies haven't changed, but the atmosphere..

One man says it was the rapture after all, and we have since entered the Kingdom of God. Barack is now the size of an oak tree. He sleeps outside since the rains have ceased, and his skin is thick to bullets. Now he wanders through he countryside impassively. He ignores a rural photo-op. He studies a leaf for twenty days. Only a fool would call this Heaven.

Satellites fall to earth like rain used to. No friction burns them away, so we trudge past countless flecks of solar panel and ribbons of golden cloth. It's a silent car crash every few hours, though cars themselves no longer run. No oxygen remains to ignite their fuel. Obama strides across the landscape, taller than the Freedom Tower. We've given up on assassination; all men are immortal now, and guns no longer fire.

I'm starting to wish the Muslims were back.

We found them with a telescope. Images of a colony on the right side of the moon. See the parts that jut from the lower right? I think they're mosques. Soon they are visible to the naked eye, but how? Their cities are enormous. We watch them as they live and die. They have our former atmosphere; the moon is fringed with blue. "Look at how they wield their guns," writes a man. "I always said he'd take our guns away." They eat and sleep like we once did, building worthless ziggurats. We have everything we wanted, but oh how we envy their strife!

It's long been clear that Obama brought this uncomfortable perfection upon us, but I can't bring myself to blame him for it. He's reminded us all of how our lives had been discarded out of fear. I know now why he grows each day. In time, when we are ready he will reach out into space. He will raise us up in his great hand, to this new Earth that gleams like a frozen star. And if Obama does not carry us, we can climb...

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
all those Silent Majority avs that were here

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

I used to see so many takes like this and honestly? I don't care if he actually made a clock or not, because Racism Is Bad

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Cool clock Ahmed

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

old.flv posted:

all those Silent Majority avs that were here

what the gently caress was that, anyways? i remember someone saying that the chuds were organizing in an offsite discord which is why they'd always descend onto the same threads at the same time. did some mods finally clean that poo poo out?

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

Rex-Goliath posted:

what the gently caress was that, anyways? i remember someone saying that the chuds were organizing in an offsite discord which is why they'd always descend onto the same threads at the same time. did some mods finally clean that poo poo out?

I am not sure but I assume the posters quietly disappeared unless there's some chud nexus here I'm not aware of

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

old.flv posted:

I am not sure but I assume the posters quietly disappeared unless there's some chud nexus here I'm not aware of

It's called fyad

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

I don't think that's true but idk

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

old.flv posted:

I don't think that's true but idk

It's the perfect place to blame stuff on because no one is going to go into fyad to find out.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

old.flv posted:

yeah i figured they just got bored because i don't recall any big purges happening

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

fyad produces the finest posts on these forums, and it is not particularly close

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Lol you don’t know poo poo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sGH_v1mDEE

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Yeah go ahead take out a giant concrete eyesore with a few dozen people in it.

Morans.

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

BraveUlysses posted:

6. telling everyone to look at your website instead of being able to meaningfully speak about your own policies
confession time: I used to think I was being smarter and more informed just looking at candidates' policy sections on their site instead of their speeches, i.e. how hard they prioritize advocating for those policies

post-2016, I no longer think this because I realized that a more holistic view is needed, and that the written policy is only one piece of the candidate as a whole. the exception is that if they advocate for some crazy fundie/conservative poo poo on their written policy then you won't go wrong dismissing them

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Oh you can absolutely glean useful info from a candidate's policy page, especially for local races

fundie poo poo is a big one as you noted. in dem primaries you can usually determine whether they're pro charter schools or not from their site. but yea you def have to contextualize it by understanding their past positions & careers, funding sources, etc

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol they don't have the numbers

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

jobson groeth posted:

I love SMG's one too

I never saw this lmao

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

no she had a solar system tattoo and he pulled at her dress to "make sure it didn't have Pluto"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Goatstein/status/1042075635441516545

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

It was a smokey eye joke and I'm told it was very funny

:shuckyes:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Ugato posted:

It was a smokey eye joke and I'm told it was very funny

:shuckyes:

ever since it went down shucks changed the way she does her makeup and now always tilts her face toward the camera so it looks like she's tilting her head instead of just being lopsided. it clearly affected her poorly, lol

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc
remember when Kathy Griffin posed for that picture with the bloody Trump head and the right-wing grievance machine revved up so hard she got fired as the spokesperson for Squatty Potty

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

HobbitGrease posted:

remember when Kathy Griffin posed for that picture with the bloody Trump head and the right-wing grievance machine revved up so hard she got fired as the spokesperson for Squatty Potty

is it wrong that i think trump and kathy griffin both suck rear end?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Spergin Morlock posted:

Kathy Griffin is Andy Dick without the dick

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
The best part was people claiming Barron saw the fake head and was traumatized

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

The best part was people claiming Barron saw the fake head and was traumatized

ahahaha

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
When comedians pull an Icarus and take their schtick too far it's pretty great.

Like, at some point, she had to actually think "nah, I'm funny enough to get away with openly calling for the death of the actual president"

And then she found out she wasn't.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Javid posted:

Like, at some point, she had to actually think "nah, I'm funny enough to get away with openly calling for the death of the actual president"

If you're going for shock or offensive humor you can't immediately apologize when people are shocked or offended

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Javid posted:

I remember when Michael Richards flew too close to the sun

and then he called the sun the n-word

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

i just realized i want to see michael richards and mel gibson get in a fist fight

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
she should have doubled down and hanged the whole family in effigy on stage

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Filthy Hans posted:

he was the first example I thought of when posting that tbh.

also, not "comedian" as such, but same vein of badly misjudging what you can get away with: Milo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

GalacticAcid posted:

Oh you can absolutely glean useful info from a candidate's policy page, especially for local races

fundie poo poo is a big one as you noted. in dem primaries you can usually determine whether they're pro charter schools or not from their site. but yea you def have to contextualize it by understanding their past positions & careers, funding sources, etc
underrated candidate selection method: if I go to their site and they have an @aol.com email address I automatically don't vote for them

Spergin Morlock posted:

oh no, I agree. it actually annoyed me when it happened because it's like, what amazing humor is Kathy Griffin busting out that she thinks she's metaphorically decapitating the President

dollars to donuts it's some kind of gay joke with Putin

Edit: also it's readily apparent that Kathy Griffin learned nothing from the controversy of the cover of Nintendo Power issue 2, September/October 1988

HobbitGrease has issued a correction as of 21:06 on Feb 25, 2019