Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
If there's one thing more delicious than a worm, it's a worm that's been mouthed on by a skin wearing bog girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
AMC has kind of been jazzing up the deaf character on twitter, with a tag line of „when they whisper, we use ASL“, so I’m curious if/how they’ll use that

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
These two episodes felt a bit...draggy, like ones from last series. I'm not saying it's gone back to being bad again but it wasn't easy to keep my attention focused on it.

I will say I'm really surprised that they've managed to get someone so famous to play Alpha, that's impressive.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zwille posted:

AMC has kind of been jazzing up the deaf character on twitter, with a tag line of „when they whisper, we use ASL“, so I’m curious if/how they’ll use that

I saw that and I think it's actually a clever idea so it'll probably never happen in the actual series.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Zwille posted:

:lol: some social media intern thought that up and the show def did not think of it

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Ok I think you two might be right, how silly of me :v:

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

John F Bennett posted:

I did not like when she sucked the dirt off an earthworm.

Did not like that scene at all.

He wants her to suck the dirt off his balls.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I guess a core belief of the Whisperers is that stable societies always fall so why bother, which is what the Vultures on Fear the Walking Dead did already. Was about equally dumb there.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I sure hope they make dirt grub look at the flowers sooner than later

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Jerry gonna die this episode :smith:

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Best Halloween corn maze ever.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

DarklyDreaming posted:

Jerry gonna die this episode :smith:

Great fakeout

Corn maze scene was awesome

That episode was solid, surprisingly

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I keep forgetting this poo poo is on Sunday nights :rip:

Anything good happened?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Henry is thinking with his worm.
God he is soo stupid.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
A bow and arrow doesn't seem like the best weapon to clear a building.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Ego-bot posted:

A bow and arrow doesn't seem like the best weapon to clear a building.

It might just be me, but despite Daryl saying something like "we have enough firepower to blow you away ten times over" they seem to be going our of their way to have them avoid actually using guns. Unless they have like, protocol for when they will and won't use firearms now that we aren't privy to. I don't buy the ammo scarcity argument since it was pretty well established in previous seasons that they can crank out a lot of homebrew ammo.

Personally, I think it's just because the Whisperers by themselves are a virtual non threat if confronted with a force armed with firearms.

The Kingdom seems to usually emphasize melee and bow/crossbow weapons over firearms throughout the series though. Like you'd see some Kingdomers with a holstered pistol or slung rifle, but they seem to use them as a last resort most of the time.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 25, 2019

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Ammo is scarce, guns are loud, loud noises bring walkers.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have to say, the show can still be dumb as a brick but the pacing is better and I for the first time ever have GENUINELY no idea what's going to happen.

All of the main cast leaving has left the show in a state where I feel like anybody but Carol or Daryl could drop at any second. I will even shamefully admit I felt tension at a few points in the latest episode, an alien feeling to TWD.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I hope in a future episode Henry dies a horrible, gory death. Directed by Jennifer Lynch.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is it just me or is the girl who plays Lydia like really good at one specific thing, and that's looking like an unpredictable caged animal every time she's scared?

That looks makes me question if she's going to hide in a corner or brain you with a spike every time she gives it, it really communicates wild panic. It's really sold the character as both sympathetic and a dangerous wildcard alone.

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I hope in a future episode Henry dies a horrible, gory death. Directed by Jennifer Lynch.

I love how they need a surrogate Carl because they killed real Carl for Necessary Reasons (TM)

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Feb 25, 2019

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I hope you're right. He is insufferably stupid. Even by teenager standards. He's like, Sam levels of stupid.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Blazing Ownager posted:

Is it just me or is the girl who plays Lydia like really good at one specific thing, and that's looking like an unpredictable caged animal every time she's scared?

That looks makes me question if she's going to hide in a corner or brain you with a spike every time she gives it, it really communicates wild panic. It's really sold the character as both sympathetic and a dangerous wildcard alone.

I love how they need a surrogate Carl because they killed real Carl for Necessary Reasons (TM)

It would make more sense if TV shows that kill off characters for contract reasons only to introduce identical ones with different names went The Other Darren route instead. Then the corporations wouldn't have the pretense of spicing up the story and their PR people wouldn't get to enjoy getting paid to be disingenuous, though.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I saw a rumor online that he's dead by the end of the season. Thank God.

Luke, Connie and Kelly are about the only characters I like in this show. Though with how most of her group half-asses the ASL, it's a wonder Connie understands anything. Yumiko or Magna said two sentences and the only sign she used was 'ANYWAY'.

And showing the group of Whisperers when they were at Hilltop's gates, I was stunned that the characters were so bamboozled over which zombies were zombies and which were Whisperers, since like, all of them had the obvious 'neck line' on their masks. Like, drat guys, tuck it into your shirt collar.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I just hope the whisperers are like, interesting

This so far has been a giant snooze fest

I'll even overlook Alpha's terrible accent

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

They really should have just lit them up while they were walking away. They didn't even ask what their "territory" was.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

^^^^ Lol I didn't even think of that, that's a great point

It will be great if it is 100% Henry or Drrl's fault that they start a war, Alpha's whole "no conflict" kind of speech was legit, like drat just give her the girl and let them gently caress off Tara/Drrl/whoever the gently caress was on their 'wall'

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Blazing Ownager posted:

I have to say, the show can still be dumb as a brick but the pacing is better and I for the first time ever have GENUINELY no idea what's going to happen.

All of the main cast leaving has left the show in a state where I feel like anybody but Carol or Daryl could drop at any second. I will even shamefully admit I felt tension at a few points in the latest episode, an alien feeling to TWD.

Agree. Also it's nice that after 8 or so years of zombie apocalypse there are survivors who can carry out a grab-and-go mission without losing anyone.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 26, 2019

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Johnny Truant posted:

I'll even overlook Alpha's terrible accent

Holy poo poo, thank you. I wondered if I was the only one going like 'Where the gently caress are you from?'

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lmao who would have taken the bulbs already and also why can't they just use a tv

The zombie in the popcorn maker was cool though

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

moist turtleneck posted:

Lmao who would have taken the bulbs already and also why can't they just use a tv

The zombie in the popcorn maker was cool though

Movies are popular in any post apocalyptic scenario.
Cued up to the appropriate scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyFC_rFobX8&t=1067s

Is this the Whisperers symbol?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I assume it is the symbol

I was thinking about that movie during this ep too

The corn maze thing was cool and really accentuated how much more it sucks to be deaf in this scenario

I feel like Henry and lydia are gonna pull a Romeo and Juliet but both family will be like THANK GOD

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Binary Logic posted:

Is this the Whisperers symbol?

Probably, which means people might be frequently passing into and out of their territory (which they have despite being people who don't appear to stay in one place for long?), and will force conflict.

If I was a leader, I'd seriously consider killing every last one of them. They are all dangerous and mentally ill, they wander in human leather masks and have zero problems with bringing babies around with them and then letting them be killed by zombies for being literal babies.

Having groups be led by psychos is just about the most boring way to introduce a new group/threat and TWD just keeps doing it. When you have small populations of essentially violent and lawless nutjobs, the most violent nutjob doesn't become a long term leader because eventually one of your dozens of half-cocked, hair trigger, abused guns is going to go off and kill you. The Governor hid behind a facade of charm, so it makes sense he could gain some power and followers, but the second he showed his true colors many people abandoned him instantly. Negan would not have been in charge for more than a month, but he did have loyalty through benefits and so begrudingly I'll admit he could become a leader and hold it for a while but eventually a Dwight would just suicide rush him and that ends that. Alpha is just a violent lunatic who could just get knifed in the middle of a herd by any one of the people she's hurt and no one would know or probably even care.

Despite my grumbling the show is better at least. It feels like there's some competency going around, but as usual the show takes the worst of the source material and what it does change is also rarely an improvement. At least they hired an editor this season instead of forcing interns to do it all.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I kept hoping Dwight would come back as a whisperer

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Dwight is going into the other show

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

JossiRossi posted:

Despite my grumbling the show is better at least. It feels like there's some competency going around, but as usual the show takes the worst of the source material and what it does change is also rarely an improvement. At least they hired an editor this season instead of forcing interns to do it all.
The episode included a classic element of heist movies: Team has a plan, execute it flawlessly but just as they're leaving something goes wrong, the loot or MacGuffin is lost, and the team has to improvise to get it back quickly.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

JossiRossi posted:

Having groups be led by psychos is just about the most boring way to introduce a new group/threat and TWD just keeps doing it. When you have small populations of essentially violent and lawless nutjobs, the most violent nutjob doesn't become a long term leader because eventually one of your dozens of half-cocked, hair trigger, abused guns is going to go off and kill you. The Governor hid behind a facade of charm, so it makes sense he could gain some power and followers, but the second he showed his true colors many people abandoned him instantly. Negan would not have been in charge for more than a month, but he did have loyalty through benefits and so begrudingly I'll admit he could become a leader and hold it for a while but eventually a Dwight would just suicide rush him and that ends that. Alpha is just a violent lunatic who could just get knifed in the middle of a herd by any one of the people she's hurt and no one would know or probably even care.

Which is why all they have left at this point to do anything interesting is pit once psycho leader against another for our amusement and sideline Our Heroes, ie trot Negan out to handle Alpha when Drryl, Carol, Eziekiel, and Tara can't handle her. Especially since as leaders, except for Eziekiel, they've all essentially Failed To The Top.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Holy poo poo, thank you. I wondered if I was the only one going like 'Where the gently caress are you from?'

Trailer Park, USA.

It reminds me of the first time I ever saw John-Pyper Ferguson on Jeremiah. He had this horrible quasi-Southern accent as the bad guy and I hated his performance because of it. It was only later seeing him in stuff like BSG and it's various and sundry spin offs, Alphas, and The Last Ship that I realized what a cool actor he was. He's one of my favorites but man, that accent was The Worst..

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Binary Logic posted:

Agree. Also it's nice that after 8 or so years of zombie apocalypse there are survivors who can carry out a grab-and-go mission without losing anyone.

They are trying to make him the new rick and carl and michonne to keep the show alive I think.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
It's gonna turn out the theater with the zombies was a hangout for the whisperers and they're gonna be pissed about losing movie privileges

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What did the mother and daughter say to each other when they were reunited? I couldn't understand it at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

CODChimera posted:

What did the mother and daughter say to each other when they were reunited? I couldn't understand it at all

think it was something like

"a bloo bloo sorry mommy"
*smack*
"you call me alpha like all the rest"

moist turtleneck posted:

It's gonna turn out the theater with the zombies was a hangout for the whisperers and they're gonna be pissed about losing movie privileges

they were getting tired of watching A Quiet Place, Dead Silence, and Hush, anyway