Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

forkboy84 posted:

Aren't they doing an 8 man tournament for Murphy's Mania preshow opponent? Possibly featuring Kushida?

Apparently Kushida is going to be a part of NXT now? Dave said WWE plans to have him debut at Takeover: New York apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DarkstarIV posted:

Apparently Kushida is going to be a part of NXT now? Dave said WWE plans to have him debut at Takeover: New York apparently.

I imagine Vince stealing the entire NXT main event roster is part of this

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

Here are NXT spoilers, by the way.

Takeover: New York's card looks like the following (so far) if we are going by the spoilers:

NXT Championship: Tommaso Ciampa vs Johnny Gargano

How do the call-ups play into this? Since both guys are on the main roster is the winner going to do double duty?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Akileese posted:

How do the call-ups play into this? Since both guys are on the main roster is the winner going to do double duty?

I’m wondering that too. It seems like it would undercut Gargano both story wise and as a performer too much to have him lose it with his first defence like he did with the NA belt. But I also feel like Gargano can’t lose this match as the climax to the DIY story.

Maybe they have him immediately relinquish the belt and have taking the title from Ciampa be a symbolic victory? Like Gargano doesn’t need to be champ, he just needs Ciampa to lose it.

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Garbago wins, immediately declares the NXT championship to have 24/7 hardcore title/ironmanheavymetalweight rules and gets pinned by the Bugez ten seconds later, problem solved, everyone happy

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Just put all the belts on Velveteen Dream.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sting's backstage at Raw

BrutusBeefcake
Jun 6, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Sting's backstage at Raw

Apparently HBK is too, I assume for Flair's birthday party.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Sting's backstage at Raw

I think we know who Seth's new WM opponent is after The Big Dog takes back the Royal Rumble win Rollins was keeping warm.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Spoilers. arn anderson is jacking off at his house

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Sting's backstage at Raw

Ric Flair opens his final present at 10:59 to find a bewildered Sting who's already sweated off most of his facepaint

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Sting's backstage at Raw

Just to wish his friend Ric Flair a happy birthday, I mean what could go wrong?

Oh my god, Arn Anderson hasn't actually been fired, this is all just a big set-up for another Horsemen beatdown! RUN STING, ARN IS RIGHT BEHIND YOUR!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Batista's back https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/dave-bautista-set-return-wwe-raw-week-277886?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"One would assume that the kickoff for a long-discussed HHH vs. Bautista match for WresleMania would be the impetus for his return tonight"

lol gently caress THAT, jesus christ

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That could be a really good weapons match and I hope they realize they need smoke and mirrors for these two.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

DLC Inc posted:

"One would assume that the kickoff for a long-discussed HHH vs. Bautista match for WresleMania would be the impetus for his return tonight"

lol gently caress THAT, jesus christ

This is actually the only Triple H match I'd want to see because Batista has been asking forever to have it to conclude his career story arc and he should get it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Batista is probably there so that Evolution can wish Flair a happy birthday.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Romans gonna sell a thunderous Batista Bomb more than cancer

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

That could be a really good weapons match and I hope they realize they need smoke and mirrors for these two.

Weapons are not only welcomed, they're allowed!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

that was cody's theme not batistas

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
how about a match where Batista hits his finisher right away, and then HHH hits his finisher, and then they spend 25 minutes exhausted from their devastating finishing maneuvers before the match ends

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hunter: "So, I got it all laid out, we're gonna go 45 minut-"
Dave: "NO"

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Batista vs Bryan would be amazing
Batista vs Triple H is going to be dogshit

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Dave said he’d like a big match with Rey. He says they had a house show match at his insistence, and it was one of his favorites.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

brian posted:

Out of the 4 that left only Ricochet isn't overdue, although for me that's because I find Garbago the worst and don't really care about Black or Ciampa's characters. Ricochet does still seem to need a lot of work on his character/promo stuff though so I don't really get why he was put up, I don't really know what he is other than a 'superhero', which if you've read any comics tends not to be the defining feature of any of the superheroes

NXT doesn't develop characters or promos, dummy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OctoberCountry posted:

Batista vs Bryan would be amazing
Batista vs Triple H is going to be dogshit

I genuinely think Dave will shut down Hunter's 3 hour epic plans and want to just do a 12-20 minute match. Which is about the amount of stuff Trips plans for those 45 minute slogs, so it might be OK.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Obviously, it is a stacked show in the advertising but I was told to watch the first 3 segments of Smackdown for some reason.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What a scoop!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First 2 segments: Owens returns, Matt Hardy returns

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Expect another surprise.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Johnny US Champion? (this isn't a spoiler but it makes sense)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

PASS THE MASH posted:

Johnny US Champion? (this isn't a spoiler but it makes sense)

Nope, I'm not even sure DIY are on the main roster anymore.

But the KO thing certainly looks like Kofi's getting a title shot at WM, and very possibly the belt.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Dance break was a good scoop trevor

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait... did Vince see Gargano and now DIY are on 205?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I try to avoid the spoiler thread so I'll make this quick:

rovert posted:

Expect another surprise.

This is the spoiler thread, so post what it is or else this is a useless post.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Jerusalem posted:

useless post.

You really don't go to this thread often do you, it's mostly all useless posts

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Midnightghoul posted:

You really don't go to this thread often do you, it's mostly all useless posts

If they don't get reported, I'll probably never see them v:shobon:v

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I try to avoid the spoiler thread so I'll make this quick:

Chris James 2 posted:

No, Truth's opponent for the challenge was legit not definitively listed on the schedule which threw everyone off because that's what you'd normally do for a surprise, not randomly two people you already currently have on your weekly roster
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1100571503811350528

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
You're going to need to give Sean Ross Sapp a warning too I'm afraid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Thanks for having my back here Chris James 2. My post wasn't useless.

Jerusalem posted:

I didn't know what it was exactly so I didn't. Just that it was just as Sean Ross Sapp said it was formatted on the format sheet the way they do surprises. Hence why I posted expect another surprise.