Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I would pay SQ for Costumes that would give Jack and Abby reasonable clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Omobono posted:

Arturia. Arturia you named him, you're fooling nobody.

Also what kind of fucker doesn't know you can't give chocolate or onions to dogs & cats. Gudako you rear end in a top hat.

I know everyone says that, but, growing up, we had a black lab who was a loving fiend when it came to Reese's Cups, and she lived to drat near 20 years old.

Also, I just got to Jalter in Shinjuku, I am enjoying her in general because she is my best friend, but her and Salter sniping at each other has also been a treat.

Speaking of costumes, when can we unlock Jalter's Shinjuku outfit?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Next year when the da Vinci event is rerun.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
and in case anyone is wondering, no, two years later we still do not have the shinjuku salter costume

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

the_steve posted:

I know everyone says that, but, growing up, we had a black lab who was a loving fiend when it came to Reese's Cups, and she lived to drat near 20 years old.

IIRC it has to an appreciable portion of their body mass. A couple small pieces of candy won’t kill them, but a fistsized chunk will cause issues depending on size.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dont feed your dogs chocolate, but also, unless you're feeding them an entire bag of hershey kisses they probably wont die.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
They'll just poo poo everywhere, if my experience is common. :frog:

So is Rider of Shinjuku solid? I didn't get Archer of Shinjuku but I did get them, and they're my first avenger other than angry mango

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kitfox88 posted:

So is Rider of Shinjuku solid? I didn't get Archer of Shinjuku but I did get them, and they're my first avenger other than angry mango

He's solid, he'll do the jobs you'll expect of his class. He's not busted like his SSR buddies. Any boss you need to kill can be done with him.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

dont feed your dogs chocolate, but also, unless you're feeding them an entire bag of hershey kisses they probably wont die.

give me the chocolate instead

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Huh. Was looking at what Evil servants I wanted to farm bond points for. Looks like I lost my FA Sanson somewhere along the way. It's probably somehow Marie's fault.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I won't be in Shinjuku for a while but why the gently caress is Lalter Lawful Good.....

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kitfox88 posted:

He's not spectacular. His only defense skill is weak and shares a button with his star absorb, which doesn't have any real crit up to go with it. His NP has an instant kill effect, which are usually kind of meh in most situations, especially when they're single target. Bosses and strong enemies that demand ST NPs usually aren't very vulnerable to instant death.

His main strong points is he can strip buffs, good in a lot of hard content, and his NP has sure hit, which is good but very situational.

He'll be some better in like a year and a half when the Skadi revolution hits and saves Quick servants. Until then, it's nice to have one Avenger on hand for the rare Ruler boss? Also he's an important component if you're making a team with the goal of covering as much of the screen as possible.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

alignment is more about self perception than traditional d&d style, so you end up with Atalante being evil and Vlad Lancer being a similarly weird lawful good like Lalter

i don't really know her deal specifically since I think her only character writing is on her profile and bond lines. in London she's basically a mud monster so i wouldn't hold that against her, and assume she has some internal logic for why her other actions are good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Most of her lore says herself to be a king that fights for her country and she's pretty amicable as a whole. She has this dark motif around her due to the grail's corruption, but iirc the corruption was used to help break Rhongomyniad's influence on her so she has full control of herself while still being able to use its full power. The only time she is ever against the protagonist or goes against her code of honor is when she's fought in London where she's blinded by mad enhancement so she is basically a berserker at that point and can't be reasoned with. She's a very interesting character for the implications she brings, but she isn't featured in events a lot and what little you get of her shows a surprising amount of character to what seems like Evil Artoria with big spear at first.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

After playing Azur Lane and Girls Frontline...

Give me maximum censorship.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
IIRC the Kara no Kyoukai event and later on the Journey to the West event gives a bit of characterization to her. She's a little ruthless, but she's not inhuman like the Lion King, IIRC.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Most of her lore says herself to be a king that fights for her country and she's pretty amicable as a whole. She has this dark motif around her due to the grail's corruption, but iirc the corruption was used to help break Rhongomyniad's influence on her so she has full control of herself while still being able to use its full power. The only time she is ever against the protagonist or goes against her code of honor is when she's fought in London where she's blinded by mad enhancement so she is basically a berserker at that point and can't be reasoned with. She's a very interesting character for the implications she brings, but she isn't featured in events a lot and what little you get of her shows a surprising amount of character to what seems like Evil Artoria with big spear at first.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She's good yeah.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

lalter has a really cool concept, that never gets expanded upon outside of anime tiddy jokes

which, don't get me wrong, i'm all for, but also artoria if you're gonna get a dozen alts can some of them actually get development, thanks

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

TheFireMagi posted:

lalter has a really cool concept, that never gets expanded upon outside of anime tiddy jokes

which, don't get me wrong, i'm all for, but also artoria if you're gonna get a dozen alts can some of them actually get development, thanks

Lalter stands out precisely because so many of the other Artorias get at least some development

Saber Lily gets to co-star with MHX in Saber Wars, Santa Alter is the star of her own event, Archertoria gets plenty of screentime in the summer event, Lancer Artoria is a major story character, and I shouldn't even have to mention the original Saber and Saber Alter

meanwhile, Lalter just gets a non-speaking role in London and a couple of brief cameo appearances in events. if you haven't rolled her, nothing ingame tells you what her deal is

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
her deal is COOL SPEAR and DEVIL HORSE

much like jack you just never take her off her first sprite

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah but her final sprite has the really cool looking lance.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
The second one when she takes her helmet off is not too bad. The exposed legs are a bit weird but you don't have her weird boob slings like in sprite 3 at least.

Worldwalker_Pure
Feb 27, 2015

Also, her appearance in the KnK event gave us this screenshot:

So as far as I'm concerned, she can be any alignment she wants.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I blame Mordred for immediately flipping into “gently caress you and die, Dad!” mode before Lalter can do much in London. :v:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I blame Mordred for immediately flipping into “gently caress you and die, Dad!” mode before Lalter can do much in London. :v:

Look, there are only two Lancers with the Arthur trait in the game that Mo-san can use her NP to its fullest extent on, you can't blame her for getting a little excited.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

Lalter stands out precisely because so many of the other Artorias get at least some development

Saber Lily gets to co-star with MHX in Saber Wars, Santa Alter is the star of her own event, Archertoria gets plenty of screentime in the summer event, Lancer Artoria is a major story character, and I shouldn't even have to mention the original Saber and Saber Alter

meanwhile, Lalter just gets a non-speaking role in London and a couple of brief cameo appearances in events. if you haven't rolled her, nothing ingame tells you what her deal is

There is a difference between making appearances and getting development. To use a favorite of mine as an example, Dantes gets a lot of appearances, but has very little actual development outside of the original Prison Tower event. Do I still smile like an idiot whenever he shows up? Of course. But Dantes is pretty much exactly the same character now as he was in 2016 when Prison Tower first ran despite showing up way more than most characters do, including in actual main story segments.

Artoria and her alternate version shows up all the time, but none of them really develop Artoria as a character outside of their concepts, and even then it's in very small bits and pieces. I'm not counting LArtoria for this because for all intents and purposes, LArtoria and the Lion King are very different, they don't act anything alike, with LArtoria being Anime Tiddy Jokes the Sequel, and the Lion King being actually, you know, interesting.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Bholder posted:

the thing with Abby is that if they change her, they might as well change Jack too

Okay, but what’s the catch?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Is the Bond points for Evil Servants a limited time thing or always on for Shinjuku? Cus I want to wait until CCC to run it with BB, because I want to use BB for it even though I could clear now, but I don't want to miss out on Bond points.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's only for main quests

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Billzasilver posted:

Okay, but what’s the catch?

The catch is that a quarter of the discourse around FGO will forever be about censorship and free speech.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Worth it, imho.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gologle posted:

Is the Bond points for Evil Servants a limited time thing or always on for Shinjuku? Cus I want to wait until CCC to run it with BB, because I want to use BB for it even though I could clear now, but I don't want to miss out on Bond points.

You can leave completing it as late as you want, the bonus doesn't go away.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Her usage in London is quite tragic, but Lalter gets a decent amount of development in Knk/JttW and I think the explanation of her character being the way she is (and why/how she differs from regular Lartoria or more specifically the Lion King) is pretty interesting to me, at least as far as Alters go.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I think that the other EoR singularities are going to have a hard time topping canonizing that the MC carries around a raw onion in his pockets at all times.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What I took from the second lobo fight:

A: gently caress those flames. The HP debuff and the fact it was melting my phone.
B: Asako clutched it for me despite being a lunchtime carrier... Thank u

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Crasical posted:

I think that the other EoR singularities are going to have a hard time topping canonizing that the MC carries around a raw onion in his pockets at all times.

Could one just argue that Gudako found the onion inside?
I mean, isn't Salter crashing in the basement of a burger place? It'd make sense to find an onion there.

Now, why Gudako thought giving one to a dog was a good idea is a different story...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I miss the 90's....

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crasical posted:

Remember that if you ever see a Guda cosplayer at a con or something you have to stop them and ask if they have a raw onion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

the_steve posted:

Could one just argue that Gudako found the onion inside?
I mean, isn't Salter crashing in the basement of a burger place? It'd make sense to find an onion there.

Now, why Gudako thought giving one to a dog was a good idea is a different story...

Salter straight up asks 'why do you even have that' and you meet the dog OUTSIDE her base, so I think they were just carrying it around.