Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I'm finally listening to the dollop episode on the Resnicks and California water

it is hilarious and definitely not horrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Why Beto needs to run for the Senate again in Texas:
https://twitter.com/PoliticsWolf/status/1100076134715146240

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The Netherlands is a region that contains the country Netherland. part of Luxembourg is also in the netherlands, and calling a bunch of countries "the netherlands" probably made more sense before there was just two and one was called "netherland" .

What the hell kind of English speaker translates Nederland to Netherland?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/xan_desanctis/status/1100151518483877889

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"I mean most people don't know this but she is in complete control of trumpco. In fact being president was her idea. She hired everyone personally she's such a good businessess. *trump leans towards a pot of assorted flowers and speaks louder * MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THAT SHE COMES UP WITH ALL THE IDEAS AND TAKES ALL THE MEETINGS."

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

pacerhimself posted:

I'm thinking it's probably stock tablet hardware with firmware that can't even access the camera. I think this is probably being overblown by BuzzFeed News.
Yeah, I'm having trouble even imagining what kinds of nefarious things they could be up to. They have a passenger manifest. You're already on camera throughout the airport and boarding and disembarking the plane. You're basically in a public place where strangers can see you at any time. They know what you're watching. What would they gain by filming thousands of bored people staring at a seat back?

The best I can come up with is they'd have video proof if you made some claim against them about something that happened onboard.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

theblackw0lf posted:

This is so, so good. I wanted to stand up and cheer at the end

https://twitter.com/drvox/status/1099351494158094336?s=21

https://twitter.com/brianschatz/status/1099946879813480448

I think Brian Schatz is a goon guys :tinfoil:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

No Pants posted:

What the hell kind of English speaker translates Nederland to Netherland?

I believe you can blame the language itself?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

I do have a little bit of skepticism about whether people who couldn't spell check "RUINED" were trying to make an insidious anti-Semitic message, as compared to just "this looks like a stereotypical pretentious college student" or something.

...Hanlon's Razor might not work very well for me, anymore though.

Maybe I should just decide these people are worthless and not think about it.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Wait, I thought we were supposed to the snowflakes who couldn't enjoy anything. :thunk:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

glowing-fish posted:

I mean, TPUSA is worthless but yeah, I'm not convinced that they're making fun of Holocaust victims here.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

glowing-fish posted:

I do have a little bit of skepticism about whether people who couldn't spell check "RUINED" were trying to make an insidious anti-Semitic message, as compared to just "this looks like a stereotypical pretentious college student" or something.

...Hanlon's Razor might not work very well for me, anymore though.

same, i mean i get chuds love cryptic antisemitism but this one feels like kinda of deep pull because the dudes on the turning point are always chuds of some type, its never the "this is the enemy poo poo", the guy just looks like another dead eyed moron too me.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

pacerhimself posted:

I'm thinking it's probably stock tablet hardware with firmware that can't even access the camera. I think this is probably being overblown by BuzzFeed News.

quote:

A United spokesperson told BuzzFeed News that cameras are “a standard feature that manufacturers of the system have included for possible future purposes such as video conferencing” and the airline has “no plans to use them in the future.”

yeah, maybe. the quote seems to imply that they didn't specifically request the cameras and that they aren't set up to use but that's all they did was imply.

i disagree, i wouldn't call it overblown, we already know that everyone is actually spying on us. so, it's not trying to work people up but another instance of letting us know we're probably being spied on... again... because we're little more to companies than data generating flesh bags.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

1stGear posted:

I mean, TPUSA is worthless but yeah, I'm not convinced that they're making fun of Holocaust victims here.

Maybe not collectively but whoever specifically put together that imagine probably knew exactly what it looks like.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

jojoinnit posted:

I believe you can blame the language itself?

That's not how translation works.

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

1stGear posted:

That’s the point. That’s literally always the point. These are the same trust fund C.H.U.D.s who love to 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻 and then claim it doesn’t mean anything while winking at the camera.

[Edit:] Who is funding TP, anyway? They’re a laughingstock but someone’s Dad clearly doesn’t know that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/1100153361565835264

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

1stGear posted:

My god dude, why would you give them the benefit of a doubt?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

same, i mean i get chuds love cryptic antisemitism but this one feels like kinda of deep pull because the dudes on the turning point are always chuds of some type, its never the "this is the enemy poo poo", the guy just looks like another dead eyed moron too me.

No that pic really is a call out to the natural enemy of the right - french mimes.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Burning_Monk posted:

I think the much more likely case is that they see themselves as the equivalent of holocaust victims.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
You can almost see that guy doing the "trapped in an invisible room" thing, this is an outrage.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

1stGear posted:

If the similarity is on purpose, it wouldn’t be to make fun of the holocaust, it would be to daw parallels between themselves and the people who suffered in the concentration camps. Always remember that the people those stupid memes are targeted at believe they are victims. They sat there with the presidency, the Senate, and the House of Representatives all controlled by their party, as well as having the largest news media giant in the country on their side, and whined about how everyone was against them. They know the holocaust is the worst thing most people can think of off the tops of their heads, and they know that they themselves are being victimized to an even worse degree than the people who were persecuted by the Nazis, so it’s a natural comparison for them to use.

I would not be surprised at all if it were on purpose.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

So does this have any practical implication beyond just rote pandering to the evangelical base?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Why do all the people in my life suddenly hate me after I revealed what a horrible person I am to them?

I DON'T UNDERSTAND! :qq:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Burning_Monk posted:

It's just the ok sign guys geez I'm sure it was totally random!!!!!!!!!!!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Fart City posted:

So does this have any practical implication beyond just rote pandering to the evangelical base?

stir up things in virginia.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1100149390587711489

No one knows who was actually serving as AG between November 8th and November 14th.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

TheDisreputableDog posted:

You can almost see that guy doing the "trapped in an invisible room" thing, this is an outrage.

Miming, particularly in the French tradition, is an art form beyond the comprehension of the typical CHUD.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

If the similarity is on purpose, it wouldn’t be to make fun of the holocaust, it would be to daw parallels between themselves and the people who suffered in the concentration camps. Always remember that the people those stupid memes are targeted at believe they are victims. They sat there with the presidency, the Senate, and the House of Representatives all controlled by their party, as well as having the largest news media giant in the country on their side, and whined about how everyone was against them. They know the holocaust is the worst thing most people can think of off the tops of their heads, and they know that they themselves are being victimized to an even worse degree than the people who were persecuted by the Nazis, so it’s a natural comparison for them to use.

I would not be surprised at all if it were on purpose.

Uh what? The person in that ad does not represent the right's audience. That is supposed to be the mean person who ruined all those things. The subtext is that a curly-haired politically correct jew ruined your enjoyment of all the things you like.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

This looks like a way for Trump to act like he "did something" to protect abortion survivors, even though if they're born they're already treated just like any one else who has been born so it actually doesn't do anything at all. Seems like an easy "win" for Trump if it gets to his desk.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Didn't someone do a reach analysis and figure out that despite being a supposed cool youth outreach basically all of the TPUSA ads were being targeted at olds?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
it could just be like old skool prison garb, to make it seem like PC is turning them into thought criminals or whatever, but if TPUSA could both possibly be more stupid and offensive then they will do it.

either way, or whatever it is, there is no way they asked a model to just show up in whatever and he happened to show up in a striped black and white dress shirt.

thin blue whine fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 25, 2019

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
It's a boomer's idea of what Young Woke College Republicans are facing on the front lines of the culture war, yes.

It's also funny that they try to make it seem like it's a vast organization with charters on every campus but it's just like 4 guys making memes and that dumb ramen-headed gungirl and her shrek hanger-on are the only real idiots dumb enough to actually carry out Campus Actions.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

Didn't someone do a reach analysis and figure out that despite being a supposed cool youth outreach basically all of the TPUSA ads were being targeted at olds?

yeah it was this:

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1092458237520199683

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its great but it's no qanon Thanksgiving Dorito sandwich thread

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1100161828221526017?s=19

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The man does so many crimes so fast he emits low level Cerenkov radiation.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
https://twitter.com/KT_thomps/status/1100154767005892608

For ICE, it was a Monday.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Making old people think you're creating a new young group of boomers is a fantastic way of duping them out of their cash. Although I'm more convinced they've just utterly failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Here we go again..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...c45b_story.html

Trump getting sued for using those gross lips on his own campaign staff.

Oh, you want it in Twitter format..

https://twitter.com/RyanHillMI/status/1100087241509142528

Right in front of Pam Bondi, who now says it nevar happened.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 25, 2019