Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

No it's your mansion you're the resident

Get off my lawn and get a job, you drat zombies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I wonder what the new animal crossing game is gonna be called?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Animal Crossing Empires

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

a.lo posted:

Animal Crossing Forever

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Animal Crossing: Way More than Three Houses

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Animal Crossing 99 where the village starts with 99 houses and players are eliminated as they fail to service their debt

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Barudak posted:

Animal Crossing 99 where the village starts with 99 houses and players are eliminated as they fail to service their debt

Animal Crossing: :capitalism:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Animal Crossing: Home Ownership Is Now Too Absurd A Notion To Take Seriously So In This One You're Renting But At Least You Don't Have Any Roommates.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

You're still the mayor, but now you have to deal with zoning laws and nimbys

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Barudak posted:

Almost. It's a Battle Royale but done on a global scale through gerrymandering.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

You get to choose which other player you shuttle your homeless off to

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Animal Crossing: Home Ownership Is Now Too Absurd A Notion To Take Seriously So In This One You're Renting But At Least You Don't Have Any Roommates.

I like my games to be wish fulfilment, not reality based please and thank you.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Is there a Landlord Simulator 2019, I just want to play as Tom Nook and hassle people for money

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
In the next AC you are now the landlord and if one of the cute villagers can't make their payment your only options are reluctant eviction or eviction with prejudice.

In an ironic twist you start the game with everything you could ever want or need, and the only things missing are friends and community.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

a.lo posted:

have i run this joke into the ground yet

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Is that why villagers move away in the other games? I will never forgive Tom Nook for evicting my friend Puddles

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Your Computer posted:

have i run this joke into the ground yet

This seems more enticing than what the actual game may turn out to be.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

BisterdDave posted:

This seems more enticing than what the actual game may turn out to be.

No it doesn't.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

unimportantguy posted:

I feel like this thread needs some kind of moratorium on Souls posting because there are some astoundingly bad takes in here. Especially whichever fucker said the online on Switch had a population; that's a huge lie. :V

It has a population, they're just all playing ARMs, Tetris 99 and Smash.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I want another game set in the world of Arms with those characters, but I don't really want another ARMS. Like give me a platformer brawler where you like, stretch to swing over gaps or something and then fight.

Bionic Commando, but worse?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Would probably vote for an authoritarian govt that promised to shut down twitter

:yeah:

It'd be ironic considering how much of a right wing-loving dipshit Jack is.

Pharohman777 posted:

I honestly am utterly baffled why youtube didn't go with a whitelist system where channels have to be manually approved to be viewed through youtube kids. There are a metric ton of reliable youtube channels that don't put out poo poo like suicide instructions, and a whitelist-only method cuts out all the exploitative spam stuff that preys on kids using autoplay.

It'd make them less money than the current version.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

So a review says Trials let's you use the right stick for throttle. Just sold me the game, I think.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
it took like two weeks but I've finally caught up with this thread post-direct. i read every post, even yours

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Every Animal Crossing game has owned. I'd be shocked SHOCKED if Animal Crossing for Switch did not absolutely own. The series is formulaic as hell but just so chill and satisfying. Add whatever gimmick you want, it's gonna be great.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
this looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-nzGxI4SzA

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
There's a Sega sale (in Europe anyway). Valkyria Chronicles 1 is half price, worth getting if I like Fire Emblem? I gather it's like that mixed with actually moving your people/shooting. Almost Worms/Hogs of War-esque is the impression I'm getting.

I'm also trying to stop myself buying the Sega classics collection but it's undoubtedly a question of when I get it rather than if. The drat thing is most of my childhood

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

drat I had to play the video at half speed to see what the hell was going on. Looks like an anime version of the alchemy system from Skyrim.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

bbcisdabomb posted:

My right joy-con seems to have a much shorter range than the left one. It disconnects on a regular basis when I'm playing docked from my couch. Is that something Nintendo will fix under warranty?

E: apparently this was the LEFT joycon, not the right. Please swap words below as needed.

Dunno if you are still wondering, but there's a manufacturing defect that Nintendo refers to as a design decision with the right Joycon.

Basically the Bluetooth antenna is positioned in such a way that holding the controller interferes with its signal (aka the same poo poo that one model of iPhone had).

Bad news is I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't fix it, because they don't acknowledge there's a problem.

Good news is its a pretty easy fix yourself, basically just sticking a tiny piece of conductive foam in there.

Looking up a YouTube video on something like "right Joycon signal fix" or whatever should point you in the right direction.

Annath fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 26, 2019

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Fun Times! posted:

Every Animal Crossing game has owned.

What about that weird one that deviated from the formula with the amiibos? Didn't everyone hate that one?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I mean if you're expecting anything but animal crossing themed candyland then I guess you'd be upset.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Sudden Javelin posted:

There's a Sega sale (in Europe anyway). Valkyria Chronicles 1 is half price, worth getting if I like Fire Emblem? I gather it's like that mixed with actually moving your people/shooting. Almost Worms/Hogs of War-esque is the impression I'm getting.

I'm also trying to stop myself buying the Sega classics collection but it's undoubtedly a question of when I get it rather than if. The drat thing is most of my childhood

Yeah, I think you'd enjoy it then. 4 is also really good, and you don't need to have played the others to get the story at all.

1 still holds up but 4 has QOL and other improvements.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Though yeah RE4 hasn’t aged great
What on earth...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cptn toad is absolutely saying diaper adventure at start of levels isnt he? Call mario broth.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Cptn toad is absolutely saying diaper adventure at start of levels isnt he? Call mario broth.

It's so hard not to hear it that way

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Raserys posted:

Animal Crossing Empires
Animal Crossing Warriors: Empires

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Animal Double Crossing

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Deified Data posted:

My Time at Portia is coming to Switch in Spring and I've noticed it's the new hotness among folks who really dug into Stardew. It's out for PC right now - anyone play it?

I was thinking of re-buying SV. Are people playing this only because it's different or is it actually somehow better? I too would like to know.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's worse.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s not worse IMO and it’s portable.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Cptn toad is absolutely saying diaper adventure at start of levels isnt he?

You've ruined it for me forever. Thank you

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
When the gently caress is Odallus going to get fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

It’s not worse IMO and it’s portable.

Well I looked at the trailer and I really hate the visuals. I'll stick with tried and true Stardew.