Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

There is seriously something hosed with America in that alcohol is basically a social obligation but weed is still the subject of hand-wringing and unemployability. (Okay lots of things are hosed here but that’s the most relevant to the thread.)

I could get drug tested here at the rehab but I got a medical card and asked flat out “Will this be an issue” before I took the job. Since I ain’t showing up baked, not an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

This reminds me how it's cool that my girlfriend's sister is scared to get a new job because she gave up alcohol and can't deal with giving up weed, so she's effectively stuck working at a hotel where she's underpaid and overqualified. America owns. Love to aggressively drug test people who relax with a harmless drug in their spare time.

I'm looking for a new job right now and I have no clue what I'm going to do if I have to deal with a drug test... but maybe I'll get lucky. My current company doesn't drug test and is one of the largest employers in my area.

Buy baby piss on the internet. ~$50. It comes in a little plastic bottle you tape to your leg and they even include a heat pad. Warm it in the microwave, rubberband the heat pad to it, tape it to the inside of your thigh, squeeze most of it into the cup, the rest into the toilet. Enjoy your new, productive career.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
lol if they drug tested in Canada 2/3 of the country would be out of work.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Labes for days posted:

There is seriously something hosed with America in that alcohol is basically a social obligation but weed is still the subject of hand-wringing and unemployability. (Okay lots of things are hosed here but that’s the most relevant to the thread.)

I could get drug tested here at the rehab but I got a medical card and asked flat out “Will this be an issue” before I took the job. Since I ain’t showing up baked, not an issue.

Also, alcohol isn't a "drug". Referring to the commonly used phrase "drugs and alcohol" that's used a lot in the US. I guess it's important that we separate it from other drugs in regards to social context.

Fano
Oct 20, 2010
I'm at around week 3 of no smoking thanks to the job hunt, have a potential lead this week, hopefully it's out of my system by then. I wasn't a real heavy smoker anyway.

Rules do suck though, I can't wait to get the job and not have to worry about this anymore, I have an oz just sitting there.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Very true. Can’t even tell you the number of clients who are indignant that we screen for alcohol because “I’m an adult and it’s legal.”

People are really set up to fail in that respect. I imagine it’s even worse in places like Japan where getting shitfaced with the boss is expected if you want to get ahead in your career.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I love the the US I can buy 375ml of Vodka for $4.50 at any gas station at 3am but risk jail and unemployment if I smoke something to help me sleep.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

This reminds me how it's cool that my girlfriend's sister is scared to get a new job because she gave up alcohol and can't deal with giving up weed, so she's effectively stuck working at a hotel where she's underpaid and overqualified. America owns. Love to aggressively drug test people who relax with a harmless drug in their spare time.

I'm looking for a new job right now and I have no clue what I'm going to do if I have to deal with a drug test... but maybe I'll get lucky. My current company doesn't drug test and is one of the largest employers in my area.

It's really easy to scam a pre employment drug test

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

poverty goat posted:

It's really easy to scam a pre employment drug test

Lol, ok, how?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

offer the drug tester a bj

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

offer the drug tester a bj

She said no thank you, now what?

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Labes for days posted:

And smokin cigerettes on the job is A - O K. In fact, you get special breaks to do it!

Oscar Wild posted:

Lol, ok, how?

With fake piss
They legally can't follow you into the room and the fake stuff is chemically the same as urine
Just dont do it if you have court lol

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Oscar Wild posted:

With fake piss
They legally can't follow you into the room and the fake stuff is chemically the same as urine
Just dont do it if you have court lol

you can buy synthetic urine that's literally the same product used to calibrate the machines they'll use to test it. kits come with a hand warmer type pad that will get it to the correct temp in time. nobody's going to be looking at your dick when you pee for some lovely job but if you really feel like you need to convince someone outside the stall you can still piss, stop midstream, and then continue like you'd filled the cup the old fashioned way. chances are they're trying really hard to think about your piss as little as possible

random tests are more complicated

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 25, 2019

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Oscar Wild posted:

She said no thank you, now what?

rear end eating?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Mozi posted:

rear end eating?

Thanks, now I'm CFO.

I can't remember from my last test but dont they check your pockets or something? Anyway, I'm just going to chug water, exercise, and abstain. 1 week clean so far.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I can confirm that the financial industry is fueled by drugs and because of that, generally have fairly lax to non-existent drug testing policies. Like, I work in IT and even half of our department would be canned if we had to piss clean.

Also poo poo I'm high enough that I didn't notice there was a whole new page of posts

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Any of you guys ever try tinctures? My brother made some from an oz of mostly shake in a jar of everclear and holy poo poo. Two teaspoons set me up for about four hours.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

The Dregs posted:

Any of you guys ever try tinctures? My brother made some from an oz of mostly shake in a jar of everclear and holy poo poo. Two teaspoons set me up for about four hours.

Yep. Tinctures are a good compromise between the speed of inhalation and the effect of an edible. Everclear in my neck of the woods is unobtainable unless you drive to the next-door province or are a doctor/nurse.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Drug Tests are literally only used to control the lower classes, and when high up exec's try to turbo-ratfuck each other.

I'm white, I really don't have to test, and even when I do I can just like talk my way out of it. Telling other people not to worry or try my strategy is foolish.

Condolences to those who have to test :(

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Entorwellian posted:

Yep. Tinctures are a good compromise between the speed of inhalation and the effect of an edible. Everclear in my neck of the woods is unobtainable unless you drive to the next-door province or are a doctor/nurse.

I don't think you need everclear. I think you can use regular vodka or whatever. You may have to use a bit more for your chosen volume of weed, though.

I never thought about trying it before because I thought it took weeks, but he said he made it in an evening. He says if you soak it for weeks it gets more of the phenols, but lots of shaking and Ice cold gets the majority of thc quickly.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 26, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Entorwellian posted:

If you're in Ontario Spirytus 76 is relatively easy to find and is 76% alcohol

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

bagmonkey posted:

I can confirm that the financial industry is fueled by drugs and because of that, generally have fairly lax to non-existent drug testing policies. Like, I work in IT and even half of our department would be canned if we had to piss clean.

Also poo poo I'm high enough that I didn't notice there was a whole new page of posts

you can be sure they randomly pisstest the janitors

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poverty goat posted:

you can be sure they randomly pisstest the janitors

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Turtlicious posted:

Drug Tests are literally only used to control the lower classes, and when high up exec's try to turbo-ratfuck each other.

I'm white, I really don't have to test, and even when I do I can just like talk my way out of it. Telling other people not to worry or try my strategy is foolish.

Condolences to those who have to test :(

I've never been subject to a random drug test, but basically every IT contract job I've had has requires the pre-employment drug test and contracting is really normal in my area/industry. It sucks horribly and I guess I could end up faking it with fake pee if I have to soon, but uh, it feels so weird and bad. :/

I could also just stop smoking today and hope it gets out of my system before I have to submit to a drug test, but that's tougher... and I may end up doing it.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Back in my early 20s I was temping as a hospital file clerk when my boss came up and said that they finally accepted me as full time and to drop by HR to fill out paperwork and take a drug test.

My girlfriend and I had gotten really hosed up the night before so I freaked out. I drank so much water I'm surprised I didn't die from it. Somehow I passed the test but I'm chalking that up to my metabolism back then and/or luck.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Back in my early 20s I was temping as a hospital file clerk when my boss came up and said that they finally accepted me as full time and to drop by HR to fill out paperwork and take a drug test.

My girlfriend and I had gotten really hosed up the night before so I freaked out. I drank so much water I'm surprised I didn't die from it. Somehow I passed the test but I'm chalking that up to my metabolism back then and/or luck.

I actually passed a dipstick test this way once, with about 25 minutes' lead time, in my teens. I drank water until I felt like I was going to vomit, and then maintained that level of hydration until the piss started and I'd taken a good piss to clear the pipes. Don't expect it to work if they're sending your piss to a lab, but it might still work for low tech instant tests

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I live in a legal state and split ounces with my co-workers to save money/try new strains. If our company decided to drug test they'd lose 95% of the engineering department.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Gorman Thomas posted:

I live in a legal state and split ounces with my co-workers to save money/try new strains. If our company decided to drug test they'd lose 95% of the engineering department.

They know they would lol

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
It's the pre-employment one that sucks. Generally if you're in, you're fine. I know people who work at airline companies and they do get random screening periodically.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

this is true but i do think there are a few specific occupations where it is ok to drug test people, airline pilots for example. i dont think weed should be one of the drugs they test for though i just dont want a coked up or drunk pilot

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

In Australia they will swab test you randomly on the side of the road for THC/MDMA/Meth and it doesnt even have to be active ingredients, just the inactive stuff left over in your saliva in concentrations that would not get anyone high even if it was active

you can smoke a joint friday night at home before bed and then go driving and get tested Saturday afternoon, show a positive and lose your licence for 6 months immediately (and usually by extension, your job)

but blow a 0.04 (legal limit 0.05) on your way home from the bar and they will let you go scott free.

it gets better!

cocaine is Sydneys drug of choice and they do not test for that despite the same supplier of the swab tests having a product that includes testing for cocaine, because its predominantly the upper class that use it, and they only just started a trial testing for cocaine in affluent suburbs after a huge backlash for only testing poorer suburbs for poor people drug use.

and, finally, statistically, the largest drug related contributor to road fatalities is prescription drugs such as opioids and benzos, which are not tested for at all.

However the only jobs that actively test for drugs are ones where you will probably die if you are under the influence on the job so yeah we're OK in that regard.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Maybe it's because I just smoked a whole blunt by myself.

I swear this loving owl's eyes are following me whichever angle i turn him at.

E: He's kind of scary but also he commands my respect. "Yes get even higher my son, Hoot hoot."

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 2, 2019

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah you good dude

Shiney McShine
Oct 12, 2010

paperwork
Personal Earpiece
I was about to take a new job at a gold/silver mine site in Australia, a few years ago. The job was in administration and did not involve working with heavy machinery, but to get the job, I had to first pass a medical exam, including a (piss) drug test. I'm in my 50s and fairly fit (or so I thought) and as I'd been smoking weed pretty regularly, I decided to abstain for at least 2 weeks before the test.

To make sure of passing the drug test, I managed to talk an acquaintance of mine into filling up a small glass bottle with his own urine. I knew this guy didn't do any drugs, and I thought I was all set to pass my drug test by substituting his piss for mine in the toilet during the exam. I put the small bottle (about 200 mL) into my underpants and carefully held it in my groin area to keep it warm, as I went in for my examination. Unfortunately, the riskiness of this manoeuvre made me pretty loving nervous and the first thing the doctor did was measure my blood pressure, which was found to be elevated enough for me to fail the medical (without the need for a drug test). gently caress.

Since missing out on the mining job, I've been on bp medication, which has kept my bp low, so that was a good thing. Better still is that I started consulting work (as my own boss) making good money, and not having to worry about passing any drat drug tests.

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Laserface posted:

In Australia they will swab test you randomly on the side of the road for THC/MDMA/Meth and it doesnt even have to be active ingredients, just the inactive stuff left over in your saliva in concentrations that would not get anyone high even if it was active

you can smoke a joint friday night at home before bed and then go driving and get tested Saturday afternoon, show a positive and lose your licence for 6 months immediately (and usually by extension, your job)

but blow a 0.04 (legal limit 0.05) on your way home from the bar and they will let you go scott free.

it gets better!

cocaine is Sydneys drug of choice and they do not test for that despite the same supplier of the swab tests having a product that includes testing for cocaine, because its predominantly the upper class that use it, and they only just started a trial testing for cocaine in affluent suburbs after a huge backlash for only testing poorer suburbs for poor people drug use.

and, finally, statistically, the largest drug related contributor to road fatalities is prescription drugs such as opioids and benzos, which are not tested for at all.

However the only jobs that actively test for drugs are ones where you will probably die if you are under the influence on the job so yeah we're OK in that regard.

Here the roadside drug tests the police do test for everything from weed to coke, speed, benzos, opiates and ketamine.

The weed testing is total bullshit because like you said you can still test positive the next day and in some cases it'll test positive 2-3 days later from what I've read.

I also wonder if I'll test positive for weed if I smoke some legal CBD herb with <0.2% THC.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my career some day thanks to these BS laws.

ACAB :jail:

The worst tests for employment is the hair sample and this is what they use for most airline pilots which is a yearly thing for some airlines.
So you might as well forget about ever getting high if you wanna be a pilot.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Here the roadside drug tests the police do test for everything from weed to coke, speed, benzos, opiates and ketamine.

The weed testing is total bullshit because like you said you can still test positive the next day and in some cases it'll test positive 2-3 days later from what I've read.

I also wonder if I'll test positive for weed if I smoke some legal CBD herb with <0.2% THC.

The thing about it is field tests are notoriously unscientific and cast a wide net that will produce lots of false positives from other foods, medications, etc. The whole point is to get you into custody, let them search your car and let the lab sort it out. I've heard of false positives from chocolate, nic juice, and just leaving the tests open to the air for too long. In the US you might end up in jail a few days/weeks if you don't have money for bail and a lawyer to demand immediate lab testing of your felony vial of LSD (aka nic juice, a true police story from TCC)

Also the thing with CBD herb is it's a plant and nobody can really guarantee that one plant in the whole crop isn't a mutant with higher THC, and also that field tests are not designed to distinguish between .2% and .3% (though it may be below threshold :iiam: ). If you're worried I'd suggest sticking to isolates

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 2, 2019

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Which reminds me, how the hell do they manage roadside testing in the US particularly in states where weed is legal? Surely it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Which reminds me, how the hell do they manage roadside testing in the US particularly in states where weed is legal? Surely it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Stories are starting to pop up of cops busting trucks full of legal licensed cbd hemp because it looks and tests as weed, holding the drivers as major drug traffickers when they're literally just truckers hauling for a cbd company. And in Colorado, where all weed is legal, they have to get all new police dogs that aren't trained to alert on weed, because the dog doesn't indicate which drug it can smell and that makes it totally inadmissible per a recent ruling

I've said before that this is probably generally good, aside from the poor trucker in jail, because interdicting a booming legal cash crop is not a good look for the police and will bog them down with lawsuits instead of quickly resolving into sweet asset forfeitures, meaning that soon they'll be afraid to gently caress with regular weed driving down the highway because they can't tell the difference

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 2, 2019

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Aren't dogs just straight bullshit anyway, I thought they were trained to "alert" on officer signalling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Axetrain posted:

Aren't dogs just straight bullshit anyway, I thought they were trained to "alert" on officer signalling.

I've had it explained to me that they can smell real drugs but they also give false positives to please their handlers often enough that they shouldn't really be used as a tool of law enforcement? Personally I don't think it's right to take a nice good dog and train him to put his little furry boots on people's necks. Cops should have to use like trained Canada geese so there's an animal that's as big a shithead as the cops