Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Re: having more than one kid

No matter your choice, just make sure that you don't let anyone make that decision for you. Just because some rando on the internet (or your mom/dad/aunt/rabbi/school janitor) is sad about not having siblings or they hated their siblings and ended up murdering them doesn't mean anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

nwin posted:

So knock on wood-my son hasn’t been sick in his first four months here.

However-is there anything that you guys wish you had when your kid first got a cold or sick? I’ve got vaporub and a rectal thermometer and baby Tylenol from when he got his first vaccines at two months. We also have a humidifier in his room because it’s very dry where I live. Just curious if there’s anything that you had to run out and buy at the last minute, things to think of. The only thing I can really think of is maybe a nebulizer?

Oh I’ve got one of those frida baby snot sucker things as well as the snot bulbs and boogie wipes.

It’s not necessary but it was a lot easier giving her Tylenol through a fridababy pacifier that you attach a syringe to. It came in really handy later on when she had to have antibiotics from an ear infection because that stuff probably tasted like clay. It smelled like clay.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Sarah posted:

It’s not necessary but it was a lot easier giving her Tylenol through a fridababy pacifier that you attach a syringe to. It came in really handy later on when she had to have antibiotics from an ear infection because that stuff probably tasted like clay. It smelled like clay.

We just squirt the tylenol in our son's bottle when he needs it.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Slimy Hog posted:

Re: having more than one kid

No matter your choice, just make sure that you don't let anyone make that decision for you. Just because some rando on the internet (or your mom/dad/aunt/rabbi/school janitor) is sad about not having siblings or they hated their siblings and ended up murdering them doesn't mean anything.

I don’t know why people feel the need to pressure others into having more children. Whenever someone asks me if she’s my first I say yes and then they ask when we will have the next one. We won’t. And they insist that we must. I had a very traumatic birth experience and I really don’t want to put myself through that again. They just keep pushing until I end up saying “you know I nearly died and I think I’d like to live”. It gets awkward enough they stop talking.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

"The factory is closed."

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

Bollock Monkey posted:

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but the discussion has prompted me to so here we are... How do you get over the fear and decide to have kids? I was always super motivated to be a parent, really romanticised the whole thing as I'm sure a lot of young women do, and then I started growing up and becoming aware of just how loving hard it is, all the time, for ages. It's not helped by the fact that my partner and I are very much in the minority in our friendship group for wanting children, so I've not been exposed to close friends who have kids all that much - other than my one very honest, very tired, very stressed friend whose little one I've known since he was a baby.

I've started to wobble over the last couple of years when it comes to thinking about the whole thing. I'm in my late twenties and, for lots of reasons, am very motivated to stay on the 'right side' of 35 for a first pregnancy. I also have a health condition that means lots of work and monitoring to ensure that me and any potential baby would be healthy. It all means that decision time feels like it's looming.

So the whole thing is scary but I don't think I'm entirely put off. My partner is on board for planning in the next couple of years. But how do you deal with that fear when you know how difficult it is for such a large proportion of the time? I love my friend's kid and I get on really well with little ones that I come across in life. I know it's different when they're your own, and that parental love is indescribable because of lots of complex neurological, hormonal, social etc reasons. I just can't quite figure out how to deal with all this worry I have about it though.

Tips, experience, guidance - anything really - appreciated! It's a minefield. You are all doing a wonderful job.

Hiya. I'm not sure you will quell that fear entirely. Although I wasn't afraid I didn't feel particularly ready, and I don't think most people feel 100% ready when they have kids. Leaving the hospital after the first birth, my wife and I looked at our tiny baby, and thought, "gently caress, they're just letting us leave with this thing - no instruction manual, documents to sign or anything." And it is tough, but you learn the ropes, through a mixture of advice from healthcare professionals/ family/friends/books/internet and just using common sense and working stuff out. Yeah, some people fail at this and are terrible parents, but the thought you're obviously putting into this and your clear desire to do a good job if you do go ahead suggests to me that you're very unlikely to fall into this category even if, like all of us, you make the odd mistake along the way.

At some point, if you think kids are overall something you want, you have to bite the bullet and do it. And yes, it will be hard. But it will get easier as time goes by, as well as more and more fun and rewarding. Parenting my two now at 7 and nearly 5 is challenging, yes, but so much less so than it was a few years ago, when they were much less able to be reasoned with, much more liable to injure themselves if left alone, and had much punier immune systems.

Only you and your partner can decide ultimately if it's for you, but be assured that we all find it tough, we all find things to worry about, and we all (most of us anyway) would not change it for the world! Good luck, whatever your decision.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Let's talk about diapers for a second. Specifically, blowouts. Conventional wisdom that I've received is that if you're regularly getting blowouts, it's time to change the size/brand/style of diapers so they fit better. But how bad does it have to be before you call the "blowouts" worthy of taking action?

So far my six-week-old is not so bad; she has a big, messy, squelching poop maybe once or twice a week and we clean it up. But more often than that she has times where just a little bit will escape up her back. It's not much but somehow it manages to soak through all the layers of pants, onesie, blanket, and changing pad. Is that just expected as the cost of doing business or should I aim for a zero tolerance policy of poop escaping the diaper?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Sarah posted:

I don’t know why people feel the need to pressure others into having more children. Whenever someone asks me if she’s my first I say yes and then they ask when we will have the next one. We won’t. And they insist that we must. I had a very traumatic birth experience and I really don’t want to put myself through that again. They just keep pushing until I end up saying “you know I nearly died and I think I’d like to live”. It gets awkward enough they stop talking.

I don't get it either, why does anyone care? We just curtly say that we're one and done; if they keep insisting , we suggest that they take care of, raise and pay for our second child if they really want us to have another. That usually shuts them down. I hate that our culture says it's okay to give unsolicited child rearing advice.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

wizzardstaff posted:

Let's talk about diapers for a second. Specifically, blowouts. Conventional wisdom that I've received is that if you're regularly getting blowouts, it's time to change the size/brand/style of diapers so they fit better. But how bad does it have to be before you call the "blowouts" worthy of taking action?

So far my six-week-old is not so bad; she has a big, messy, squelching poop maybe once or twice a week and we clean it up. But more often than that she has times where just a little bit will escape up her back. It's not much but somehow it manages to soak through all the layers of pants, onesie, blanket, and changing pad. Is that just expected as the cost of doing business or should I aim for a zero tolerance policy of poop escaping the diaper?

In my experience it’s just something you have to deal with. Our kid was regularly having blowouts and then they got much less frequent. Part of that WAS moving him up in diaper size, but mostly I feel like it was baby food helping make his poops a bit more solid. The drawback is, now they smell a lot worse and are more like our bowel movements.

Sometimes I kind of miss the watery breastmilk/formula shits, they were easier to clean up in their own way. We occasionally get blowouts still, but like 1-2x a month and it’s usually because the diaper was put on wonky, my mom is under suspicion specifically; the elastic parts that go around his legs and nether region, if not spread out before putting the diaper on, will just stay flat and not do as good a job holding poop in, and it’s a lot more important to get that right in my opinion, when the poops become a little more solid. When they are watery, they can just soak through easier no matter what you do.

But yeah we had that too. Used to be like 3-4 times a week, and it frequently would go up his back and almost up to his neck. Lots of that was because of how he’d move and scoot on his back and it would compress and push it up that way, and it only got worse when we changed him because it’s nearly impossible to undress a baby after a blowout of unimaginable magnitude without getting poop on him/her elsewhere. Many times we had to hold him under the bathtub faucet and then he’d be peeing too. Oxyclean helped with the stains on his clothes also. Now the poops are different, and instead of worrying about blowouts we worry more about our kid reaching down and grabbing his twig and berries or the soiled diaper, both of which are sometimes covered in poop, and of course there’s his almost reflexive penchant to roll over on his tummy as soon as his back hits the changing pad and get angry and cry when we won’t let him do it. Can’t win sometimes.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Yay four month sleep regression!!!!

He only had one night where he was up every hour so far. He’s waking up once/twice a night at the moment.

The bitch of it are naps and swaddling.

We regularly get 30 minute naps and no longer. He’s usually a pain to put down and he always startles himself awake.

Enter swaddling...we’ve tried every one and he manages to wriggle his way out of them no matter how tight they are and how closely we followed the instructions.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009

nwin posted:

He only had one night where he was up every hour so far. He’s waking up once/twice a night at the moment.

We regularly get 30 minute naps and no longer. He’s usually a pain to put down and he always startles himself awake.

Enter swaddling...we’ve tried every one and he manages to wriggle his way out of them no matter how tight they are and how closely we followed the instructions.

We purchased some swaddles that had Velcro that held our guy pretty good!

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

diapermeat posted:

We purchased some swaddles that had Velcro that held our guy pretty good!

Yeah we’ve tried those...nested bean, halo-he squirms out of them all.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Slimy Hog posted:

I hate that our culture says it's okay to give unsolicited child rearing advice.

Sometimes it's very hard not to give unsolicited advice, though! When my coworker talks about giving his 3yo Mt. Dew in a baby bottle to shut her up, I have to bite my tongue to keep myself from saying something.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Sometimes it's very hard not to give unsolicited advice, though! When my coworker talks about giving his 3yo Mt. Dew in a baby bottle to shut her up, I have to bite my tongue to keep myself from saying something.

Man, talk about trading a little relief now for more trouble later with that move.

Hi_Bears
Mar 6, 2012

nwin posted:

At 4 months your swaddling days are numbered anyway so I wouldn’t get hung up on it. Maybe try one of those flying squirrel sleep sacks like the zipadee? Our solution was just to let our baby sleep on his stomach.

We are responding to the 4 month sleep regression with tough love - when he woke in the night and we tried to soothe/feed he just cried more so the next night we let him cry it out and he went back to sleep after crying on and off for less than 10 minutes each time. (Knock on wood) the past two nights he’s slept 10 hours without a wimper.

Naps are a whole different story. We’re lucky if we get more than 35 minutes at a time, but that’s all developmental and you just gotta wait it out until their sleep patterns mature a bit more. He usually goes down easily though - make sure you watch his awake windows - our sweet spot is 90 minutes of awake time, if we wait too long or not long enough he will fight it.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

VanSandman posted:

Is there a guide to how much you should feed a 3-month old? I'm trying to make sure she gets at least 24 oz of formula or breast milk a day but I have no way of making sure it happens.
My wife is VERY anti-formula, which sucks because baby girl doesn't do boobs to well during the day but will suck down a bottle of anything warm. My wife pumps, but I don't know how we're going to deal with increased demand as the baby gets older since her supply hasn't been growing much.

Hey, your breastfeeding question got kinda buried there.
I suppose you might already have heard all this but here goes:

• It's normal for a baby of that age to eat rarely during the day and "cluster feeding" in the evening. Don't sweat it, baby will tell you when she's hungry.
  • Supply increases the more you breastfeed. If you can give her the boob first every time she's hungry, then top her up with formula only if she's still hungry, you stand a better chance of getting production up to the level of demand.
  • For many women*, pumping is significantly less effective than direct feeding, in achieving the above. As in, it does not increase production as much. *(Some have the opposite experience because of physiology (theirs or the baby's))
  • In the past, doctors and nurses would tell women "you don't seem to have enough milk, you should switch to formula". Now, they give the above advice instead. The current science is that most mothers have the capacity to fully breastfeed their baby if given the time and right advice.
  • How much baby eats by volume is irrelevant if she's putting on weight and growing. Use a growth chart, not a measuring cup.
  • Baby has to work to eat at the breast. The nipple on a bottle is much easier to eat from since it normally doesn't require suction. Hence why most breastfeeding advice says to use cup feeding (not bottle) if you really want get your baby fully breast-fed. (We tried cup feeding and it turned out messy as hell and really tried our patience. Ask me about special bottles that mimic boob mechanics...)

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

We literally took notes from all the crazy stupid stuff people did with their kids, and made sure we avoided making those same mistakes. My husband's cousin would give his kids chocolate milk, chips and soda when they were toddlers, then they had weight problems and those silver capped teeth as they got older. It's hard to bite your tongue, but unless it's straight up abuse it's hard to justify meddling.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

VorpalBunny posted:

We literally took notes from all the crazy stupid stuff people did with their kids, and made sure we avoided making those same mistakes. My husband's cousin would give his kids chocolate milk, chips and soda when they were toddlers, then they had weight problems and those silver capped teeth as they got older. It's hard to bite your tongue, but unless it's straight up abuse it's hard to justify meddling.

Oh I know. I've been pretty good about not talking parenting with him unless he directly asks me how I'd handle a situation with my 3yo daughter. But I could write a book on how not to parent with all the anecdotes he tells me.

And I know everyone's situation is different. He has 4 kids (from 16 to 3) and there's likely some life stuff going on that I don't know about. So I definitely keep my opinions and thoughts to myself while at work.

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 25, 2019

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I agree this is a terrible thing to do, but "not giving advice" is as easy as just NOT saying anything.......

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Slimy Hog posted:

I agree this is a terrible thing to do, but "not giving advice" is as easy as just NOT saying anything.......

That's fair.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

nwin posted:

Yeah we’ve tried those...nested bean, halo-he squirms out of them all.

When mine started to wiggle out of the nested bean swaddle we moved on to the nested bean sleep sack and had success.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Slimy Hog posted:

Edit : never mind.

TacoNight fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 26, 2019

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Sarah posted:

When mine started to wiggle out of the nested bean swaddle we moved on to the nested bean sleep sack and had success.

Maybe we’ll give it a shot...he loves hitting himself in the face though so we might just have to wait until he stops startling himself and doing that.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
Any good advice to get an 18 week old to lie in his carriage without screaming himself to vomiting? He only stops if we pick him up and go back inside, and it's getting a bit depressing.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Boz0r posted:

Any good advice to get an 18 week old to lie in his carriage without screaming himself to vomiting? He only stops if we pick him up and go back inside, and it's getting a bit depressing.

Wear him in a baby carrier instead?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Slimy Hog posted:

That's what it takes sometimes. Occasionally I think what someone watching would think if they saw me talking to someone draining a bottle of Coke into their 9 month old or something, and me saying nothing and trying to look expressionless. I'm fine with that as anyone who misses what the other parent doing and thinks I should be speaking up rather is missing the point.

On the flip side of that, I very rarely meet people who do obviously-contemptable things with their kids. Most of the time I really am learning from other parents, with sincerity.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

So our kid has congestion, which his doctor said caused an ear infection in his left ear and he also has...drum roll...PINK EYE! Who else has it? MY WIFE!

Who doesn’t have it, is trying his damndest not to get it, but is still pretty sure he will get it anyway? This guy. Me. It’s me.

What’s the dumbest and most infuriating part of this whole thing? Prescriptions for both wife and son, CVS is always slammed and the past few times I’ve had prescriptions needing filled here there is always some sort of problem and it takes them all day to get it ready for reason or another. Today that reason is that my wife was prescribed two of the same eye drops, and CVS won’t release it to me because they only have one of them in stock and can’t let me pick up just the one, oh no it has to be both. No other CVS has it either and to top it off it’s the same my son is prescribed (which the doc didn’t send electronically so if they even get it in the next hour, at this rate it’ll be tomorrow before their pharmacists get around to filling it) so I’m feeling kind of hosed. Wife lost a day of work because of this, son lost at least a day of daycare, she has to still work from home and so can’t care for our son 100% of the time and I have to work and I’m trying really hard not to blow my top at CVS for being generally worthless.

What, I ask, is the point of having a pharmacy if I can’t ever seem to get medications filled for anyone in my family before the illness runs its course on its own or things get worse and necessitate another doc visit and/or more stress?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Can they/are they willing to check with other local CVS to see if anyone has the doses?

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

They checked with all of them within a ten mile radius and none. But the Walgreens across the street has it, they are checking now to see if Walgreens will take our insurance. I asked if they don’t, could they deliver it because I’m desperate and trying not to blow my top at people who are admittedly just doing the best they can behind the pharmacy counter.

E: though I do definitely feel like this pharmacy can’t handle the load and we are going to constantly miss work for longer than needed because it takes forever to get poo poo filled here. Either we are switching to Walgreens or looking into prescription delivery.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".
Does anyone have any experience with ear tubes? My year-and-a-half year old had an ear/sinus infection a few months ago, and we were referred to an ENT. We've been there a couple times, and apparently there is fluid in the middle ear, and a bit of reduced hearing in one ear. However, he's pretty far ahead language wise and doesn't seem to have any balance issues or anything else, and no infections since the first round. We're going back to the ENT in a week and I was curious about the current consensus on when tubes are appropriate. With no significant symptoms right now, my wife and I are very about surgery, even if it's minor. But at the same time, the long term fluid worries me.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

LogisticEarth posted:

Does anyone have any experience with ear tubes? My year-and-a-half year old had an ear/sinus infection a few months ago, and we were referred to an ENT. We've been there a couple times, and apparently there is fluid in the middle ear, and a bit of reduced hearing in one ear. However, he's pretty far ahead language wise and doesn't seem to have any balance issues or anything else, and no infections since the first round. We're going back to the ENT in a week and I was curious about the current consensus on when tubes are appropriate. With no significant symptoms right now, my wife and I are very about surgery, even if it's minor. But at the same time, the long term fluid worries me.

I had ear tubes inserted when I was a kid around that age to combat frequent ear infections. My hearing is good (or it was, too much time around helicopters hasn’t helped), and if there were any negative things about tubes I don’t remember. As an aside I vaguely remember (or think I do) my dad holding me before or after the procedure and that’s really it, but no complications that I can remember and no lasting negative effects.

The one thing about ear tubes is they’ve been doing them forever, so if you’re worried about having them done with your kiddo I really wouldn’t worry overmuch, but I have to ask, have you brought this up with your kid’s pediatrician to see if he/she thinks they are really needed? As I said, I had very frequent ear infections as a kid and that was the main reason I’m told I got the tubes. If there’s only been one ear infection with yours in a year and a half, I’d bring it up at least. What I’m thinking is that medical advancements could possibly have come up with new ways to deal with fluid in the ears and such, and also that absent a ton of ear infections at this point in your kid’s life, the ENT doc may not want to jump to that and instead may want to try other avenues first. But IANAD so the ENT’s word is stronger than mine in any case—just take care not to insist on a procedure that the ENT may not think is needed and put your kid through that for nothing. Poor little fella—hopefully it doesn’t bother him too much!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I brought up tubes to my daughter's pediatrician because during her first two years or so she got ear infections pretty frequently. He said unless they basically have them all the time he doesn't recommend them nowadays. Not sure what's changed since I was little and had tubes basically my whole childhood.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
My husband had a lot of ear infections as a child and had tubes in. His never fell out and he still has them in! He likes them still being there because when he’s sick he never has ear pressure.

Our 3 month old has already had a slight ear infection. If it’s ever recommended will we go that route because my husband remembers how awful ear infections were as a child until his were put in. He doesn’t want her to have to deal with the constant pain.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Tubes were awesome for me, though I didn't get them put in till I was like 4-6, I know at least one fell out when I was in my teens; I assume both did eventually because I get ear pressure in both ears.

I used to get ear infections constantly, like once a month, same with my brother until he got a bit older, he never had tubes.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

life is killing me posted:

have you brought this up with your kid’s pediatrician to see if he/she thinks they are really needed?

Actually, before he even went to the ENT she was like "he's gonna need tubes!" because the antibiotics weren't helping the first infection. Then the infection cleared soon after and before we got to the ENT. We're also kinda re-evaluating the pediatrician since she's turned out to be a kind of high-turnover style practice.

life is killing me posted:

As I said, I had very frequent ear infections as a kid and that was the main reason I’m told I got the tubes. If there’s only been one ear infection with yours in a year and a half, I’d bring it up at least. What I’m thinking is that medical advancements could possibly have come up with new ways to deal with fluid in the ears and such, and also that absent a ton of ear infections at this point in your kid’s life, the ENT doc may not want to jump to that and instead may want to try other avenues first.

We did bring up the lack of infections, and it seems like the main concern is the reduced hearing. Although it's mild, and we're skeptical the test was actually effective (involving puppets and distracting sounds and such). And as I've said he's very talkative, using 2-3+ word sentences regularly, and picks up and recites songs we sing frequently. I'm guessing somewhere around 150-200 words (if not higher, he knows every word in this "100 first words" book we have, plus an estimate from everyday speech). So language development wise, I think he's doing fine. We also can whisper to him and he hears us and such.

He's totally comfortable as far as we can tell. It's tough since everyone else I've talked to who's had their kids get tubes always had the trigger be chronic infections, not persistent fluid. That said, everyone had a good experience as well.

Thanks for the input folks.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.

cailleask posted:

Wear him in a baby carrier instead?

Maybe the only solution, but it's just doing a number on our backs.

On another note, how do you know if your baby's discovered his hands? He still doesn't seem too interested in them and hasn't begun grabbing stuff. For his first couple of months he's had very tight fists and stiff arm all the time, and they've only started loosing up lately. And can we do anything to help him along?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
That normally happens within two to four months, I think. I wouldn't sweat it at 18 weeks, but you could get him one of those "baby gym" things if you haven't already. Stuff to reach for.
https://m2.ikea.com/us/en/p/leka-baby-gym-birch-multicolor-70108177/
This is the one we have.

Babies develop at different paces, the milestones are only guidelines.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 27, 2019

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

My 6 month old has started wiggling his hands like drowzee. Its hilarious.

BoogerPrincess
Jun 5, 2007

When he was about 18 months old my son started with ear infections. He had a constant ear infection December 2016 through March 2017. We tried every antibiotic, they would work and then a week later another ear infection. I was worried about his hearing (he was a premie too). The first ear infection of fall 2017, we had a referral to the ENT. He got tubes early December 2017 and hasn’t had an ear infection since. The procedure was short, routine, and didn’t really hurt much.

Tubes have been amazing for him. He had a bit of ear drainage with a cold this past month, but I think if he didn’t have the tubes, that drainage would be an infection. I am getting him evaluated for speech therapy because he was really learning to talk when he was having the bad infections and he can’t say some letters.

I had tubes at 9 months old, my son got them at 2.5 years old. I think they saved both of our hearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Current weekend puke count and it’s only Saturday night! Parenting is fun!

Cat - once
Twin #1 - once
Twin #2 - three times

A bissel or other handheld wet vac is worth every penny.