Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
this dude gives raskolnikov a good name.

Zane fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
You know how amazing the author is when they've made you get excited for someone going out side

taco season
Oct 10, 2014

College Slice
I'm on the edge of my seat here!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

taco season posted:

I'm on the edge of my seat here!

same, also wanted to note that the 3rd last panel is actually really good. He looks kinda cute when he's worried!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

^it's two images cuz I changed my mind about where to cut off the update.

also I made a bonus panel, click here.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Live burial is such a bizarre method to leap to right after poisoning and other mundane stuff.

There's another obvious downside there and it's that you have to dig a hole, and that's hard work, man. How would he even get a shovel without going anywhere?

Anyway always glad to see an update, I look forward to the next week of trying to decide whether to kill the old people and ultimately not doing it.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Of course, kill the Olds! It's easy and he's doing society a favor by removing leeches

I was waiting for him to kill the dragonfly and feel real bad about it

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

CloFan posted:

Of course, kill the Olds! It's easy and he's doing society a favor by removing leeches

I was waiting for him to kill the dragonfly and feel real bad about it

catching dragonflies without the aid of a net takes considerable effort

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Someone should really link the guy who wrote this to the thread.

taco season
Oct 10, 2014

College Slice
Wow, that's an extreme escalation all of a sudden, is that his first encounter with another human being in this story? Is he going to attempt to communicate? What a cliffhanger...

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

super long update! :toot:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

onsetOutsider posted:

super long update! :toot:

:ohdear: What did happen?

I'm guessing granny or pop-pop just had their Polident come loose as they had a hearty laugh at the gigantic loser they'd just shuffled past.

Can't wait to see our NEET get fuckin trounced by a nonagenarian when he tries to kill a couple olds.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

LadyPictureShow posted:

:ohdear: What did happen?

I'm guessing granny or pop-pop just had their Polident come loose as they had a hearty laugh at the gigantic loser they'd just shuffled past.

Can't wait to see our NEET get fuckin trounced by a nonagenarian when he tries to kill a couple olds.

No. There was a boom.

I'm going to guess they were outfitted with cortex bombs and he DID miss his chance to kill and perfectly get away with it.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

He destroyed her with his mind

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DrPossum posted:

No. There was a boom.

I'm going to guess they were outfitted with cortex bombs and he DID miss his chance to kill and perfectly get away with it.

I'm an idiot and thought the 'boom' then the panel of the crushed dentures was the sound of them hitting the pavement. :downs:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Looks like they got hit by a car

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Pleeeease let him be dumb enough to tell the cops he killed them instead of reporting a hit and run

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Someone else is murdering olds using exploding dentures. Our man is too late and needs to find another murder niche.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
He missed his chance and they suffered spontaneous existence failure in their embarrassment from being spatially close to him.

Ultimately, if you carry the one and squint, the math checks out and he actually was responsible for their deaths.

Way to achieve your goals, toru! Most people can't 180 on their life in a couple of hours like you did.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Huh...?

What...

What just....Happened....?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

best bale posted:

Pleeeease let him be dumb enough to tell the cops he killed them instead of reporting a hit and run

Holy poo poo, that would be awesome

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
He has developed anime mind control powers, and is now a magical girl.

I should have expected this exact situation.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
It's just like Death Note, except I don't even have to write anything down!

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This is amazing. Who’s the shadowy figure? The person that tackled?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

best bale posted:

This is amazing. Who’s the shadowy figure? The person that tackled?

It’s obviously a NEET who is on the same path as our protagonist , except with actual follow through.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Oh, so we're gonna have a nemesis plotline, they'll keep killstealing us and building the feud till we can't be arsed to fight them in a climactic duel?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

hello, fellow gigguk watcher.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

im really hoping this isn’t going to be him having special god drat powers, that would be the most disappointing turn

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

considering the tone of the first part of the comic when the narrator was still mocking him I don't think he'll be allowed to be special

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Is all the Japanese written with this awful handwriting? It looks impossible to read. Kudos to you, OP.

Or maybe this is just very advanced calligraphy.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shadow0 posted:

Is all the Japanese written with this awful handwriting? It looks impossible to read. Kudos to you, OP.

Or maybe this is just very advanced calligraphy.

Absolutely not lol. It *is* slightly legible but it wasn't worth scribbling some terrible illegibke poo poo in there. it's just the man being worried about the lady. I guess it's weird and funny that he also calls her "granny" but that's it

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

onsetOutsider posted:

Absolutely not lol. It *is* slightly legible but it wasn't worth scribbling some terrible illegibke poo poo in there. it's just the man being worried about the lady. I guess it's weird and funny that he also calls her "granny" but that's it

I've been meaning to ask: how do you find the transitions for the gion? Is there a good dictionary?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shadow0 posted:

I've been meaning to ask: how do you find the transitions for the gion? Is there a good dictionary?

90% of the time i just know from experience/context, but there are several ways to search for a sfx. Mainly the place you'll want to look is just your favorite japanese dictionary. Since onamatopieia (or mimetic words) are an entire grammatical classification of words in japanese, rather than just limited to use in comics, there will be entries for the vast majority of sfx you'll come across. Sometimes it'll be under the sound plus っと like くるっと and sometimes it'll be under the sound repeated, like... くるくる. Many many times though I just fudge it based on what it sounds like to me. Since I read a lot of manga I'm used to seeing them. Tho rarely I fudge it cuz it's a memetic word that doesn't reflect a literal sound (ie the etymology is omonatopieia but but the meaning isnt) but is used as a sfx anyway. Because that's a thing.An example of that is... hmm, くる again. 90% of the time I can translate those as a 1 syllable verb and that's fine. But sometimes I have to step back and be like "what's more important? Literally adapting this stfx, or the end product making sense in English?" The one time I remember doing that here was the "fluttering" dragonfly. The original sfx was ほのぼの which has a dictionary definition of having a heartwarming feeling. As in, what Tohru was feeling when he saw it. In hindsight I DEFINITELY should have had tohru say something about "makes my heart flutter" to keep the, uh, pun(?). I'm not 100% sure if it's supposed to also sound vaguely like flapping wings but if it is then thats a pun and I'm disappointed in myself for not thinking of this TL sooner lol.

taco season
Oct 10, 2014

College Slice
That's really interesting, thanks for the glimpse into your method!

So I'm guessing the sound of the dragonfly gave Granny a heart attack. The same sound that warmed the heart of our psychopath killed an innocent person, confirming that he's on the right track in life.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Binged 18 pages just for NEET blue balls :(

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Blue balls is the most appropriate name in the world for this comic

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Blue balls is the most appropriate name in the world for this comic

It’s true but I still love this thread dearly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

We just keep coming back for another dose of dom.