Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Filthy Hans posted:

Kathy Griffin is Andy Dick without the dick

Kathy Griffin didn't get Phil Hartman killed so she's better than Andy Dick in one major regard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the clinton campaign heads engaging in a little down home spirit cooking right before the election

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010
The Kathy Griffin thing was good unintentionally cause it kinda got the ball rolling on the whole "gently caress decorum" thing. Also, lol that her best friend Anderson Cooper stopped talking to her after.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Funny that the image of a decapitated rich person would trigger a Vanderbilt to that degree.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Kathy Griffin sucks

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Spergin Morlock posted:

i just realized i want to see michael richards and mel gibson get in a fist fight

tall guy, big reach. skinny guys fight till they're burger.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/300786700173598722

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

GalacticAcid posted:

Funny that the image of a decapitated rich person would trigger a Vanderbilt to that degree.

lol at the time Cooper had AOC on his show and he asked her if she thought Trump was racist; she said yes and he was flabbergasted

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Filthy Hans posted:

lol at the time Cooper had AOC on his show and he asked her if she thought Trump was racist; she said yes and he was flabbergasted

lmao i just love the way that the overwhelming majority of the libs in the MSM totally believe Trump is racist but are shocked at people who just straight say it because for some reason they've bought into the idea that you can't make obvious inferences in reporting so long as a human being exists who doesn't agree with your conclusion. They're all feverishly searching for the SMOKING RACISM GUN that will take him down and then one "radical" with a thimble of sense waltzes in and says "duh, he's racist, look at this fucker and his life"

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

token catholic of the trump administration sean spicer getting aced out of meeting the pope

sean spicer hiding behind some bushes

sean spicer stammering about the holocaust and how hitler didn't actually use chemical weapons

sean spicer, lmao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

I remember when Michael Richards flew too close to the sun

and then he called the sun the n-word

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kth0UOU5a_M

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we've ever seen, from the standpoint of water

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

trump declaring that the mouth is the most important instrument and hopefully the brain attached to the mouth

looking back, bushisms seem so quaint these days

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

cool dance moves posted:

token catholic of the trump administration sean spicer getting aced out of meeting the pope

sean spicer stammering about the holocaust and how hitler didn't actually use chemical weapons

sean spicer, lmao

remember when they wouldn't give him a minifridge for his office so he stole one from the interns

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
didn’t the guy from Harold and Kumar quit acting to work for the Obama White House so his character on House just abruptly killed himself? is this from a fever dream?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Comrayn posted:

didn’t the guy from Harold and Kumar quit acting to work for the Obama White House so his character on House just abruptly killed himself? is this from a fever dream?

it happened. kal penn was associate director for the White House Office of Public Engagement. he then went on to play the WH press secretary in designated survivor

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

cool dance moves posted:

trump declaring that the mouth is the most important instrument and hopefully the brain attached to the mouth

The whole insane quote is really quite something:

ol trumpy posted:

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

:thunk:

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Don't know if anyone's posted this recently.
But 12 years later, I'm still laughing
https://youtu.be/X2fGzmphx4U

https://youtu.be/ld7jcAgZWV0

AppleNippleBOB has issued a correction as of 02:02 on Feb 26, 2019

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat ,, Obama's cooler than I thought https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

cool dance moves posted:

fool me once, shame on [uhh]me,
fool me twice, [uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh]you can't fool me again

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

cool dance moves posted:

the way trump speaks is actually really easy to listen to and it's absolutely in his favor and not embarassing.

Listening to Obama sounded official, but other than as a signal of education and power it wasn't like, fun.

Bush sounded universally dumb though yeah

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Necrothatcher posted:

The whole insane quote is really quite something:

:thunk:

Like for example I read this quote to the end and would gladly have kept reading. But if you posted any obama text that long I would have stopped taking it in way before the end and just skimmed it for meaning.

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

Filthy Hans posted:

fool me once, shame on [uhh]me,
fool me twice, [uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh]you can't fool me again

It's even better than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxhQXV1-kFA

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

I misunderestimated my memory of the quote

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Filthy Hans posted:

I misunderestimated my memory of the quote

so did he

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Nothing tops "My heart and my best intentions tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not" imo

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

Nothing tops "My heart and my best intentions tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not" imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEXUQqynCJo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Modest Mao posted:

the way trump speaks is actually really easy to listen to and it's absolutely in his favor and not embarassing.

Listening to Obama sounded official, but other than as a signal of education and power it wasn't like, fun.

Bush sounded universally dumb though yeah

wrong. wrong. wrong. wrong.

obama is a truly gifted orator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S58k3ZXRJJc

i can't listen to trumpo talk for more than a minute before i want to stab myself in the ears because of the stupid and false poo poo that he spouts

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Roosevelt posted:

wrong. wrong. wrong. wrong.

obama is a truly gifted orator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S58k3ZXRJJc

i can't listen to trumpo talk for more than a minute before i want to stab myself in the ears because of the stupid and false poo poo that he spouts

you like the message, but I'm saying trump could read a book about the history of the field of geology or w/e and make it kinda pleasurable to listen to in a way Obama can't. Obama is an orator and Trump is the guy at the party who tells good stories, the latter being much more charismatic even when you know the stories are made up

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Trump University

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Modest Mao posted:

trump could read a book about the history of the field of geology or w/e and make it kinda pleasurable to listen to

lol you really think this?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

cool dance moves posted:

sean spicer, lmao

Holocaust Centers

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Necrothatcher posted:

lol you really think this?

While I can't speak for Modest Mao, I think I agree with his meaning which is that Trump sounds like a normal guy and that's relatable in a way. Like Roosevelt, I personally can't listen to the guy because of the lying and factual inaccuracies, but I could definitely see where if I didn't care or know that he was lying that I could enjoy listening to him.

That said, asking Trump to read anything out loud would be torture since you know he wouldn't know half the words and he'd stumble all over them. I don't think he'd get through My Pet Goat much less a geology textbook.

I also can't agree with Obama seeming unrelatable because, well, he just isn't.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

this has made me remember trulp reading that loving snake poem, complete with adlibs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSrOXvoNLwg

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Modest Mao posted:

you like the message, but I'm saying trump could read a book about the history of the field of geology or w/e and make it kinda pleasurable to listen to in a way Obama can't. Obama is an orator and Trump is the guy at the party who tells good stories, the latter being much more charismatic even when you know the stories are made up

I don't really get how Trump is pleasurable to listen to but everybody has their weird rear end kinks I guess.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Gobblecoque posted:

I don't really get how Trump is pleasurable to listen to but everybody has their weird rear end kinks I guess.

It grows on you, kinda like anal. Painful at first until you learn to relax and just accept the poo poo

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

LastInLine posted:

While I can't speak for Modest Mao, I think I agree with his meaning which is that Trump sounds like a normal guy and that's relatable in a way. Like Roosevelt, I personally can't listen to the guy because of the lying and factual inaccuracies, but I could definitely see where if I didn't care or know that he was lying that I could enjoy listening to him.

That said, asking Trump to read anything out loud would be torture since you know he wouldn't know half the words and he'd stumble all over them. I don't think he'd get through My Pet Goat much less a geology textbook.

I also can't agree with Obama seeming unrelatable because, well, he just isn't.

You have to look at Obama through the lens of someone who hates him. It's a black man who speaks in a way that shows he's educated. He's the uppity black man personified.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Stephen Miller was getting takeout when someone flipped him off, so Miller threw his order - $80 worth of sushi - straight in the trash because he's a big baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Modest Mao posted:

post one time Trump has ever told a good story