Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/TarsTarkasnet/status/1100123217107214348?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gokuweed420 posted:

You have sad brains.
:ironicat:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

do tell

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

The book has already been written.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Wow. I look forward to the Nazi influx. :smith:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
That synopsis repeatedly states that 4chan is responsible :colbert:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Somfin posted:

Wow. I look forward to the Nazi influx. :smith:

tactlessbastard posted:

That synopsis repeatedly states that 4chan is responsible :colbert:

I haven't read it, but my understanding is that Something Awful's role in the book is mostly to give birth to 4chan.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If there's any goons just blowing money on dumb poo poo, I want a 50$ concentrate vape but I can't afford it :( buy me cool poo poo instead of wasting it on people who won't appreciate it.

E: or spend it on lowtax's spine, i keep forgetting that this site is owned by a dying gay cyborg.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I haven't read it, but my understanding is that Something Awful's role in the book is mostly to give birth to 4chan.

And history will rightly judge us for it.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Yeah but nobody goes back in time to kill Hitler's mom.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why kill anyone, i would go back in time and just remove hitler's mom's eggs. That way I'm not taking a life, and killing hitler.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Gokuweed420 posted:

You have sad brains.

You are what you eat, which is why I only cannibalize the happy.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Turtlicious posted:

why kill anyone, i would go back in time and just remove hitler's mom's eggs. That way I'm not taking a life, and killing hitler.

It wouldn't have helped though. Hitler isn't special. He's not a Great Man who did things no one else could have done. There are probably dozens of guys who could have taken control of the party to a similar outcome if Hitler wasn't there.

Hitler probably isn't even the first Hitler. Time travellers killed off half a dozen guys who would have had Hitler's role before Hitler became Hitler. They didn't kill Hitler because he was actually the least harmful one so far. He wasted a lot of energy on mysticism nonsense that went nowhere. Yeah with him at the helm a lot of people were killed and tortured, but ultimately the Nazis lost and fascism was discredited for 50 years.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
So... Something Awful prevented the rise of a different, less anime-focused hate board?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Obviously the solution is ensuring Germany wins WW1.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Turtlicious posted:

But, what would you do after you ruined breakfast?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

RagnarokAngel posted:

Obviously the solution is ensuring Germany wins WW1.

You don't want to know what French Hitler would have gotten up to.

e: The UK being dissolved like Austria-Hungry would have been a net positive, though.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Pirate Radar posted:

teach him how to paint

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Wait, is this chucklefuck blaming us for this shitshow?

I mean, in the sense that 4chan was created by a goon, I guess Something Awful is in some way responsible for Donald Trump, indirectly, after a lot of steps.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Well everyone's responsible for everything -- butterfly effect. Buy my book,

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It was actually Slenderman and Shmorky that got together and decided to get Trump elected.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Why not kidnap baby Hitler and then give him a Jewish upbringing.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Baron von Eevl posted:

It was actually Slenderman and Shmorky that got together and decided to get Trump elected.

S + S = T! It all makes SENSE!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Arivia posted:

S + S = T! It all makes SENSE!

Now you're getting it! Next let me explain how there are actually no trees and mods knew.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Baron von Eevl posted:

Now you're getting it! Next let me explain how there are actually no trees and mods knew.

lol if you think mods exist

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Moon Slayer posted:

You don't want to know what French Hitler would have gotten up to.

e: The UK being dissolved like Austria-Hungry would have been a net positive, though.

If the south had won California would be a republic now, and the southern states would be a backwater bastion of badly educated racist God botherers stewing in their poverty stricken... Oh.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Nosfereefer posted:

My point still stands; David Cameron made sweet love to a dead pig.

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Savory love sir.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

No, if we do that, he'll try to establish a Jewish homeland and commit horrible atrocities against whichever poor ethnicities happen to have been living there for the last few millenia.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

edit, joke done better above.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Abugadu posted:

No, if we do that, he'll try to establish a Jewish homeland and commit horrible atrocities against whichever poor ethnicities happen to have been living there for the last few millenia.

See I was going to make a Boys From Brazil joke but this is much more to the point.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

There's a sci-fi story about a time travelers club that does just that. The story unfolds with the club watching a film of a crappy borscht-belt comedian and the club members are cracking the gently caress up because the busboys and waiters are Hitler, Goering, Himmler, etc. The next film is a highschool football game with teenagers Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, George S Patton and others of that ilk playing for the state championship. It was a pretty good story as I recall, but drat if I remember the title or author.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

dee eight posted:

There's a sci-fi story about a time travelers club that does just that. The story unfolds with the club watching a film of a crappy borscht-belt comedian and the club members are cracking the gently caress up because the busboys and waiters are Hitler, Goering, Himmler, etc. The next film is a highschool football game with teenagers Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, George S Patton and others of that ilk playing for the state championship. It was a pretty good story as I recall, but drat if I remember the title or author.

It’s “Rumfuddle” by Jack Vance.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It’s “Rumfuddle” by Jack Vance.

noice, thanks!

e: there was another p good story featuring a teenage clone of Albert Einstein who was just tripping balls all the time and died because he was high af.

dee eight has a new favorite as of 07:56 on Feb 26, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The real reason Clone High got cancelled itt.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Pirate Radar posted:

Go back further in time and prevent the Germans from ever learning about hot breakfast.

...wait...mother of god! The madmen, they've already done it!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Wait, is this chucklefuck blaming us for this shitshow?

I mean, in the sense that 4chan was created by a goon, I guess Something Awful is in some way responsible for Donald Trump, indirectly, after a lot of steps.

if goonswarm hadn't existed, vilerat would likely have never gotten a job with the CIA and would have survived benghazi, thus preventing part of the investigation into hillary and her emails, which means...

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The real reason Clone High got cancelled itt.

No one has yet said "Clone High sucked."

But now they have.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

phasmid posted:

No one has yet said "Clone High sucked."

But now they have.

Most people aren't willing to lie so baldly.

*Holds up hands, eyes getting big and wet, lips trembling*

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Squashing Machine posted:

Pretty sure the Juul has just deepened my addiction to nicotine, would only ever smoke a cigarette or two a day as long as I wasn't drinking, but with Juul I easily go through a pod in 2-3 days. Being able to use it indoors and the fact that it has no discernible beginning or end just makes it too easy to continuously use without thinking. gently caress Juul

Sent from my Juul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

DoubleNegative posted:

Things said in the Pokemon Insurgence discord:

:psyboom:

Blaze Dragon posted:

Okay, now I need to know what the AZ mod even is. Does it just make everyone into incredibly tall hobos?

Bruceski posted:

You're limited to using stereotypical Arizona pokemon. Cacturne, Sandslash, Braviary, Joe Arpaio...

Kurieg posted:

You'd think Joe Arpaio would be a better pokemon, but his learnset leaves something to be desired.