Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Five Guys is my favorite place to go to spend $20 on a burger, drink, and eight potatoes worth of fries dumped into a cheap paper bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jar jar is actually talking about gang bangs and not the burger chain, which is inappropriate for a family restaurant.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i dont like five guys as much as shake shack or the local chains but theyre the only place here that has those coke machines that have like 50 flavors so there's that

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Tales of Woe posted:

i dont like five guys as much as shake shack or the local chains but theyre the only place here that has those coke machines that have like 50 flavors so there's that

mine doesn't have that but it has a corkboard where they post fanart

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Any burger joint that only has American cheese is trash by default.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sonic says no to fascism... using his musical themes
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1100219799722909696

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I appreciate the fry load at 5 guy cause i only need to get one order for like 6 people

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Any burger joint that only has American cheese is trash by default.
it melts better

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol I love this.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I actually had a 5 guys burger today. It was okay I guess.

Burgers I feel are really worth eating are kind of hard to come-by.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
REmake 2: I just cleared Leon A. Will I spoil anything noteworthy if I play some of the side stories? I’m saving Claire B for next week.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Five Guys is pretty pricey for a fast food burger.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

LawfulWaffle posted:

REmake 2: I just cleared Leon A. Will I spoil anything noteworthy if I play some of the side stories? I’m saving Claire B for next week.

No you've seen all the characters at that point, and the ghost survivor stuff is non-canon, so go for it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually dontvplay the girl since it uses a map from Claire's story.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Tales of Woe posted:

Five Guys is trash, Shake Shack is loving delicious and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Someone please make a mod to stop the shopkeeper in Spelunky from getting mad from incidental traps that get set off outside of my control, it is Literally Killing Me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How are their shakes

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How are their shakes

Their what

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

In Training posted:

Actually dontvplay the girl since it uses a map from Claire's story.

Thank you

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
the hot dogs at five guys are actually really tasty until you look at their nutritional value and then your heart stops from the sodium concentration in them (not to mention the cajun fries as well because no way you aren't eating that deliciousness)

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

homeless snail posted:

it melts better

Wait until you see styrofoam, should put that on your burger.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Nate RFB posted:

Someone please make a mod to stop the shopkeeper in Spelunky from getting mad from incidental traps that get set off outside of my control, it is Literally Killing Me.

TERRORIST

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm considering buying a second switch so I can actually yknow, play it and not have to wait for my kid to be done with it. How is the switch with using the same account on a second console? I remember the 3ds was rear end and you couldn't do it.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
They dont have combo meals at Five Guys and they can kiss my rear end

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I use to be an anti-kraft singles snob but real cheese totally steals the flavor profile of the meat, the thing I actually want to be tasting on a burger. American cheese serves as the glue that holds everything together.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
For at least 40 years I have been doing battle with fast food clerks and restaurant waitresses over the difference between hamburgers and cheeseburgers because I do not like cheese on my hamburger. People who want cheese on their hamburgers should be forced to say, “I want a cheeseburger.” I should not be required to say, “I want a hamburger, no cheese,” or even answer a question such as, “Do you want cheese on your hamburger?” No, I say, because if I wanted cheese I would have ordered a cheeseburger which is what you call a hamburger with cheese on it. This semantic battle became outright war at a fast-food franchise one day when I was charged for a cheeseburger after ordering a hamburger with no cheese. “Yes, you have to pay for the cheese because our hamburgers come with cheese,” I was told by a clerk who was rendered speechless when I asked if she would give me money for a diamond ring she did not request, and I planned never to give her.

I slowly explained that I ordered a hamburger and was now being told I had to pay for cheese that I was not getting. “I’m sorry sir but you have to pay the same price because we sell hamburgers with cheese,” the clerk said, patiently explaining that I would not get any cheese on my burger and completely misunderstanding the point I was trying to make. The majority of people I have spoken to about this seem to think it is perfectly acceptable to ruin a hamburger by putting cheese on it and think anyone who frets over the bastardization of the English language is simply a troublemaker. Just order a hamburger with no cheese, they tell me.

Listen, I can almost understand the backwards logic. If a restaurant orders its frozen burgers with cheese from a corporate entity, cooks them early in the morning and then drops them into some heated vat full of grease for hours, it would be difficult for employees to separate the melted cheese from the burgers. Employees would have to put down their cell phones, grab the burger patties, pull off the cheese and then go back to texting, which would really mess up their smart phones.

But if the burger is made fresh daily, it would seem to me that delivering a hamburger without cheese to a customer would actually save the restaurant time and demonstrate some good will. Customers should not be forced to pay for something they do not want and did not order. And Americans should never be forced to say they want a “hamburger, no cheese.”

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

american and cheddar are both fine as burger cheeses. i do not respect the swiss+grilled mushrooms thing though

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Propaganda Hour posted:

For at least 40 years I have been doing battle with fast food clerks and restaurant waitresses over the difference between hamburgers and cheeseburgers because I do not like cheese on my hamburger. People who want cheese on their hamburgers should be forced to say, “I want a cheeseburger.” I should not be required to say, “I want a hamburger, no cheese,” or even answer a question such as, “Do you want cheese on your hamburger?” No, I say, because if I wanted cheese I would have ordered a cheeseburger which is what you call a hamburger with cheese on it. This semantic battle became outright war at a fast-food franchise one day when I was charged for a cheeseburger after ordering a hamburger with no cheese. “Yes, you have to pay for the cheese because our hamburgers come with cheese,” I was told by a clerk who was rendered speechless when I asked if she would give me money for a diamond ring she did not request, and I planned never to give her.

I slowly explained that I ordered a hamburger and was now being told I had to pay for cheese that I was not getting. “I’m sorry sir but you have to pay the same price because we sell hamburgers with cheese,” the clerk said, patiently explaining that I would not get any cheese on my burger and completely misunderstanding the point I was trying to make. The majority of people I have spoken to about this seem to think it is perfectly acceptable to ruin a hamburger by putting cheese on it and think anyone who frets over the bastardization of the English language is simply a troublemaker. Just order a hamburger with no cheese, they tell me.

Listen, I can almost understand the backwards logic. If a restaurant orders its frozen burgers with cheese from a corporate entity, cooks them early in the morning and then drops them into some heated vat full of grease for hours, it would be difficult for employees to separate the melted cheese from the burgers. Employees would have to put down their cell phones, grab the burger patties, pull off the cheese and then go back to texting, which would really mess up their smart phones.

But if the burger is made fresh daily, it would seem to me that delivering a hamburger without cheese to a customer would actually save the restaurant time and demonstrate some good will. Customers should not be forced to pay for something they do not want and did not order. And Americans should never be forced to say they want a “hamburger, no cheese.”

This is blowing my mind, I have never witnessed this. Everywhere i've gone has had the two separated on the menu.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Propaganda Hour posted:

Were there two separate prices, one for cheese one for without? Because if you're expecting a discount on a 1c slice of cheese you're in the wrong lol. I'm not going to ask for a hamburger no bun, btw subtract $1 from my total thanks.

e: source your quotes!

al-azad fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 26, 2019

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I've seen that post before, I think it was a twitlonger? Or a reddit post. Either way it's an abomination and if you don't like cheese on your burger and your body is able to process cheese, you don't deserve a burg

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Anybody who actually charges for cheese, especially kraft singles, is the wrong one. Up charging cheese is an age old tradition that people have wrongly come to accept like how pizza shops get away with charging the same price for veggies as they do meat. "Why yes, I would like to pay $2 for a single sliced up jalapeno thx"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Macaluso posted:

I've seen that post before, I think it was a twitlonger? Or a reddit post. Either way it's an abomination and if you don't like cheese on your burger and your body is able to process cheese, you don't deserve a burg

Look some of us like to lie to ourselves and say we're quasi-kosher. The food already isn't kosher but the least we can do is say, "Well at least we aren't eating it with cheese."

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

tithin posted:

I'm considering buying a second switch so I can actually yknow, play it and not have to wait for my kid to be done with it. How is the switch with using the same account on a second console? I remember the 3ds was rear end and you couldn't do it.

You can transfer account info between switches pretty painlessly but I dunno if its really something you'd wanna do frequently. Could be a hassle.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

I'd bet a zillion bucks that those two unreleased games are going to be 100x times better versions of anything Bioware/Bethesda tries in the future, I added Apex Legends mainly because Respawn was kind of in Bioware's shoes but did something that actually saved them
I'd say there's a pretty good chance Cyberpunk 2077 is a massive disappointment

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I don't think Fallout 76 put Bethesda anywhere close to their "death bed", it was just a huge flop from a company that didn't really have any reason to stumble that badly other than greed and incompetence. I'm hoping it'll shake some sense back into Bethesda but who knows.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Propaganda Hour posted:

Sir this is a- wait poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello it's me that guy that likes to pop in every other day to say hello and wish everyone a good day and then get distracted and disappear until the next time I show up

Hello

I hope everyone is having a good day today

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Propaganda Hour posted:

John Galt's speech gets really weird at some points

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Five Guys is trash, Shake Shack is loving delicious and I'll fight anyone who disagrees.

Shack Shake Japan made me sad. It was mournful, like watching someone close to me spiral into drugs and knowing nothing I would say could fix the problem, they had to want to get better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In Hollow Knight I got the thing that's in two parts that's probably the true ending macguffin but now I have no idea what it unlocks because I was a dumb dumb who never pinned suspicious locations

I also have some sort of blue lock I can't open and two simple locks I lack keys for but that's probably not far off of the total amount of stuff I don't have because I got the collector's map and went collecting

e: I am open to cryptic hints at this point I don't want to go back to every dead end in the game