Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Straight White Shark posted:

My [30F] boyfriend [30M] reacted so poorly to me sending him a topless pic. He said to only send him normal pics. Don’t know how to feel

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NtB_jvznaNM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

favorite president is kinda a trap question. Are there any good answers besides Lincoln? FDR maybe if you ignore Japanese internment.

pro answer is William Henry Harrison.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for ostracizing a new coworker from the "in group" because of his "holier than thou" attitude and his attempts to police our speech?

I work on a team for a semi-large computer networking firm. My team comprises of me and about 7 others including our boss. This team is one of the "Upper" management teams. All of us have masters in comp sci or computer engendering with my boss having his doctorate. We pretty much have final say in anything related to the network and oversee most of the workers and the day to day operation of the network. This is where Brian comes in.

about 3 months ago Brian was hired out of nowhere and brought onto the team. Quickly we found out that the kid was a fresh graduate from college with a bachelors in electrical engendering who was related to one of the owners. This already put him on the outs with us. Almost all of us had at least 4 years experience when we were hired or went through a rigorous hiring process. Outside of him needing his hand held for the first while or so, I tried to be optimistic and friendly with him. Tried is the key word.

He's gotten on almost everybody's nerves and has made sure to make himself the odd one out in every situation. He act's as if he's better than everyone else and makes you know that. This would be bad enough, but he quickly started to complain about how we talked too. In the office when it's just the team, we try to be casual with each other and most of us will swear or make "inappropriate" jokes. Well, soon after he was hired Brian went to our boss to try to get us "reprimanded" for, as he puts it, "Inappropriate actions". My boss pretty much told him to calm down but Brian has made it clear that he doesn't like it and we need to change. Whenever he hears us swear he gets very passive aggressive, making sure to "fake swear" with us (you know how like kids will?) and direct it towards the person he has a problem with.

There are multiple other problems with him as well like his immaturity and and weird views on the media but those are not my concern. Well, with everything that's been going on with him, me and my coworkers slowly decided to simply ignore him. When ever he would try to talk to us we would ignore him unless it was work related. We stopped eating with him, we stopped allowing him to join in on conversation with us, and we pretty much ignored him unless we needed to talk to him. Apparently this hit him hard. From what I understand he's called the heads crying about this multiple times and has complained to hr who refused to do anything. Along with this, without us constantly helping him he's taken a huge hit in performance. Apparently even though he's only been on a few months my boss says the heads are looking into terminating him due to his lackluster performance.

I do feel a little bad here, we did pretty much stop associating with him abruptly and we are his coworkers. But he shouldn't have been hired here either and he's extremely pushy with his views so I don't know. No one on the team want's to talk about it so I'll just ask here, Are we the assholes here?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Smirking_Serpent posted:

favorite president is kinda a trap question. Are there any good answers besides Lincoln? FDR maybe if you ignore Japanese internment.

Theodore Roosevelt, trust-buster and bird lover. misunderstood as some wild west yahoo, actually deeply principled champion of the Square Deal

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Answer Nixon and then talk about how he serves well even though he is just a head in a jar.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Eisenhower 2020

I Still Like Ike

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Eisenhower 2020

I Still Like Ike

Agreed.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for moving forward with the pregnancy against the wishes of the bio father and his wife?

I’m going to be real brief. I thought I was in a monogamous long-distance relationship with a man (management consultant) who travels to my city a lot for work. I found out he’s actually married with several young children. He lied to me about his age (much older), his real name, and his relationship status.

But I’m pregnant with his child. I am hiring an attorney to guide me through the child support process.

He is insistent that I have a termination because he is not interested in supporting a child for 18 years. Out of no where, his wife contacts me this morning, very angry, threatening legal action if I didn’t terminate. I get that she is upset with her husband, but I have no f-cking clue why she called me with threats and name calling. I don’t even know how she found my number! I’m really upset right now but I feel like I have done nothing wrong with my decision to keep the pregnancy.

I don’t think she’s the rear end in a top hat because I get that she’s upset. But I definitely don’t think I am either!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No, youre an rear end in a top hat for telling your child you want to raise them alone despite having the option to not do that to them.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
she is absolutely not in the wrong. that fucker is gonna be paying child support and he's gonna have to get used to it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Want to be the judge presiding over the case where a woman is trying to legally force another woman to get an abortion

"But my husband doesn't WAAANT it :qq:"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for Ripping my 3 year olds PreK a new one?

So, we live in a small town, and wanted to really start socializing our son. We found a very highly rated pre-K program a couple towns over for him to start going 2 days a week, for 2.5 hrs at a time. We thought it would be a great introduction to school as well as let him get quality time in with kids his own age. They wouldnt let him go alone until he was 3, so we started him about 2 weeks prior, and we would hang out and wait in a separate part of the building. He did great. Loved it. We were all so pleased with how it was going. They have a giant monthly calendar as you walk into the building to let everyone know the daily activities.

The night of my sons 3rd birthday, we have a house fire. A mouse chewed into an outlet in the basement and fire spread through the hvac system as we slept. We awoke to smoke and fire alarms. I rushed to get our three children out, and my husband went to work putting the fire out with a hose. We were out of our home for nearly 6 months while repairs were being done.

My husband and I talked about it, and we just wanted to continue normal life for our kids. We had so much to do (we had no clothes, no food, nothing, insurance claims, bank calls...the list was endless). So 2 days later, we decided we would send him to school. He wanted to go, we just wanted their loves to stay as normal as possible as the world seemed so crazy at home. The night before taking him to school, I call the director and let her know what happened, and let them know my son would be there, as we are trying to keep life fun and happy.

When I arrived, my plan was to drop him off, and stick close to ensure I'd be close if I needed to pick him up. I ran in, met with his teacher and made certain she was aware of the situation, and then left. I did not take note of the calender, as I was off to try and buy clothes for a family of 5 to last a week.

About an hour later I get a phone call....I needed to come get my son as he was freaking out because THEY DECIDED HE WAS READY TO GO THROUGH A FIRE DRILL, didnt warn him, and he was upset that his family didnt come out of the building. I was heated. I walked in and demanded who thought this was a good idea. The director. Why? Because he needs to get used to them. Ffs. I lost my mind on her. Hes loving 3. Just turned loving 3. He doesnt have the mental capacity to understand this stuff. Admittedly, I was harsh. But what really got me was, she said, "well....it was on the calendar". I asked her if everyone knew the situation, why did no one even mention to me when I dropped him off? No response.

So. Reddit. AITA for going off on my 3 year olds school.

Edit to add: I absolutely realize my failure in not checking the calendar. I didnt add, because this got so long and wasnt sure anyone would read it, so I sort of summerized. However, the part that upset me most, was his teacher did not think it was a good idea, and suggested I be called back. The director said no, and that he needed to "get used to them". So, I added this as an edit, as its come up a bit in the comments.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for ostracizing a new coworker from the "in group" because of his "holier than thou" attitude and his attempts to police our speech?

Yes. Not because of the ostracism, you're just an rear end in a top hat generally.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The real pro answer is Ben Franklin, but you use the other person's response to measure the quality of the person instead of whatever smug nonsense the girl in the story was doing

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Eisenhower 2020

I Still Like Ike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK8gytvGf_Y

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (22f) friend's (20f) boyfriend (32) makes me incredibly uncomfortable. Is it wrong to cut him off?

I don't want to get too much into the details because it would be a lot to type, but we're supposed to meet up to talk this week about him and I want to know if I'm going too far. Basically I hate him and and he makes me so uncomfortable I plan on telling her that if our friendship is to continue then he can't be around me.

​My close friend (we'll call her Liz) has had this boyfriend (Dave) since last summer, and has become just completely attached. I don't mind this, but since then I've seen her maybe 7 times? I've been around him I believe 5 times. Each of these times he has done something to overstep his boundaries that I've found rude and actually downright uncomfortable. The second time I met him my bf and I had people over, and the next day Liz left him with us all day until she got off from work at 9 pm. We told her we had things to do and were told he would have somebody pick him up early in the day. Instead Dave spent the day consistently kissing and trying to cuddle me as well as my boyfriend, and when we would sit together he kept inserting himself in between. He also told me detailed stories about how he's gotten violently drunk and has had to be removed from ex's apartments. THIS was my 2nd ever impression of him.

​Other factors weighing in on my opinion:

HE GAVE HER HERPES. He said he didn't know he had it, but another friend found out he at least had a scare with other women in 2017 (she had the screenshots to prove it as well)

He is 32 with no career ambitions, and I've learned that dating girls as young as Liz is his MO. He has no car, practically no savings, and had no job until he found a serving gig and moved up here.

He likes to pick up her phone for her and have her put phone calls on speaker, and has prevented me from speaking with her myself over the phone. The way she texts me since dating him has gotten progressively more rude and standoff-ish. It comes off very controlling
As far as I know, this has gotten better, but he used to often coerce her into having sex with him whenever she wasn't necessarily in the mood.
He's oversteps his boundaries and overstays his welcome with my boyfriend and I. He thinks because we are so close with Liz that he automatically has free reign to skip the 1st impression/decency phase with us.

I have tried to talk to Liz about past events without much luck. She always ignores me for several days and then blames it all on a miscommunication. Recently it became too much and I finally told her the extent of how I really felt. I honestly feel he is a predator and a potentially dangerous person, and I'm not alone in feeling this way. The majority of our friends dislike him but they don't want to cause conflict because they want to see if he can change first. I know this may mean losing my friend, but at this point I don't see much room for me to start over with him given the above details and while I understand she is an adult and capable of her own decisions, want to make it clear that when we are together I expect that he is nowhere near me. Is that too much to ask?

​TLDR: Friend's boyfriend is extra creepy and rude, I want to tell her that I don't want him around me but am scared it may be an over-the-top request.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for moving forward with the pregnancy against the wishes of the bio father and his wife?

I’m going to be real brief. I thought I was in a monogamous long-distance relationship with a man (management consultant) who travels to my city a lot for work. I found out he’s actually married with several young children. He lied to me about his age (much older), his real name, and his relationship status.

But I’m pregnant with his child. I am hiring an attorney to guide me through the child support process.

He is insistent that I have a termination because he is not interested in supporting a child for 18 years. Out of no where, his wife contacts me this morning, very angry, threatening legal action if I didn’t terminate. I get that she is upset with her husband, but I have no f-cking clue why she called me with threats and name calling. I don’t even know how she found my number! I’m really upset right now but I feel like I have done nothing wrong with my decision to keep the pregnancy.

I don’t think she’s the rear end in a top hat because I get that she’s upset. But I definitely don’t think I am either!

turns out he has an existing contract with the wife whereby all derivative works of his genetic material produced during the term of marriage are legally her property, sorry lady better luck next time

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (22f) friend's (20f) boyfriend (32) makes me incredibly uncomfortable. Is it wrong to cut him off?

This doesn't sound like a problem to me, all you have to do is murder him and problem solved

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
My gf of 3 years returned the engagement ring because she didn’t like where I proposed.

quote:

I decided to propose to my gf of three years on our three year anniversary. I flew her to Vietnam and after a couple of weeks traveling we ended up in Cambodia. She had wanted to see Angkor wat and some other temples that were on her bucket list. After a long day of hiking in the heat through ruins we retired back to our hotel and when we were alone together I proposed and she said yes. We kissed and I had planned to take her to the waterfall the next day to celebrate. It’s really beautiful. She took a shower and I laid in bed thinking what an amazing day I just had and how I would get to spend the rest of my life with the women I loved. When she came out of the shower however she was in tears. She handed me back the ring saying she couldn’t accept it because she didn’t want her memory of my proposal to be in a hotel room.

I played it cool and said I understood but truthfully it hurt. It seems to me that I had offered her something of value. A lifelong commitment and partner. I took her halfway around the world and helped her cross off something she had wanted to do most of her adult life. I felt that if she valued me it wouldn’t matter that the proposal wasn’t exactly what she wanted. It was me and our future together she was saying yes to and not my delivery. If she had found a million dollars in a dumpster she wouldn’t throw it back because of where it came from. So she can’t possibly value me or what I have to offer as an individual if she’s willing to reject it because she didn’t like the place I asked.

I’m preparing to end things when we get back. She wants me to propose again and better and then she’ll say yes, but I’m done. Am I wrong? Should I do it over? What do you think.

Any advice is appreciated.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Break up with her in the hotel room to erase the bad memory of the proposal.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

Break up with her in the hotel room to erase the bad memory of the proposal.

Alternatively, take her out to somewhere beautiful and dump her there. That should make it a happy memory, right?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Midnight Voyager posted:

Alternatively, take her out to somewhere beautiful and dump her there. That should make it a happy memory, right?

this is the right idea

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Stumbling at the finish line with your sugar daddy, so sad.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for ditching my prom date at the door?
This happened a while back but it still bugs me to this day, you guys let me know if I'm the rear end in a top hat.

So my mother's cleaning lady and I were friends, when I got home from school we would chat a little bit. She told me a lot about her daughter's boyfriend who was a real POS. In and out of jail, drugs, Etc and apparently right before prom the boyfriend and the daughter broke up leaving the daughter without a prom date. Cleaning lady liked me and asked me if I would take her daughter to prom but with a caveat, the daughters good friend also needed a date for prom and would I be able to find someone to take her. Cleaning lady also tells me daughter's friend is very short, like 4 foot 9.

With this in mind I talk to my friend Luke, good kid and also on the shorter side maybe about five foot three. Really nice guy, was having trouble in the girl department at this time, and his family was filthy stinking rich. Like elevator in their house rich.

Luke says it sounds great and i set the whole thing up.

So the day of prom arise and Luke's parents let him borrow their beautiful, brand new Lincoln Navigator to take the girls to prom in. We pick the girls up and go to a nice Chinese restaurant. That's when everything starts turning pear-shaped.

Luke's date is a complete jerk to him, like jaw-dropping comments regarding his height. All throughout dinner she is making fun of him and my date is joining in here and there. I felt so bad for poor Luke. He's a good kid and I could see him near tears with these girls picking on him. As a side note upon first arriving at the restaurant, Luke's date opens up the menu and loudly proclaimed "What the gently caress! this is all Chink food!" My date is rolling with laughter while I've never been more embarrassed in my life. I remember thinking to myself "what the hell did this idiot expect from a restaurant called China Palace".

After an hour and a half of these girls berating my friend I had had enough. They get up to go to the bathroom and I talked to Luke. I tell him that their behavior is unacceptable and I'm so sorry for dragging him into this. I suggest that we take them to the dance, pull up outside the doors, and kick them out of the car and tell them to have a good time.

The girls get back from the bathroom and we put our plan into action. Load them up in the car, drive them to their High School, and while we're in the parking lot I turn around from the passenger seat and inform them that we will not be taking them to the dance because of how they acted. These girls were hella pissed, screaming, swearing, calling us names but we didn't back down. We wish them all the best and kick them out of the car.

The next time I saw cleaning lady she apologized for her daughter's actions after I told her my version of events. Even she knew that her daughter and her daughter's friends could be pretty trashy. This happened some time ago but the whole incident still weighs on me, so what do you think am I the rear end in a top hat?

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I work on a team for a semi-large computer networking firm. My team comprises of me and about 7 others including our boss. This team is one of the "Upper" management teams. All of us have masters in comp sci or computer engendering with my boss having his doctorate. We pretty much have final say in anything related to the network and oversee most of the workers and the day to day operation of the network. This is where Brian comes in.

about 3 months ago Brian was hired out of nowhere and brought onto the team. Quickly we found out that the kid was a fresh graduate from college with a bachelors in electrical engendering who was related to one of the owners. This already put him on the outs with us. Almost all of us had at least 4 years experience when we were hired or went through a rigorous hiring process. Outside of him needing his hand held for the first while or so, I tried to be optimistic and friendly with him. Tried is the key word.

He's gotten on almost everybody's nerves and has made sure to make himself the odd one out in every situation. He act's as if he's better than everyone else and makes you know that. This would be bad enough, but he quickly started to complain about how we talked too. In the office when it's just the team, we try to be casual with each other and most of us will swear or make "inappropriate" jokes. Well, soon after he was hired Brian went to our boss to try to get us "reprimanded" for, as he puts it, "Inappropriate actions". My boss pretty much told him to calm down but Brian has made it clear that he doesn't like it and we need to change. Whenever he hears us swear he gets very passive aggressive, making sure to "fake swear" with us (you know how like kids will?) and direct it towards the person he has a problem with.

There are multiple other problems with him as well like his immaturity and and weird views on the media but those are not my concern. Well, with everything that's been going on with him, me and my coworkers slowly decided to simply ignore him. When ever he would try to talk to us we would ignore him unless it was work related. We stopped eating with him, we stopped allowing him to join in on conversation with us, and we pretty much ignored him unless we needed to talk to him. Apparently this hit him hard. From what I understand he's called the heads crying about this multiple times and has complained to hr who refused to do anything. Along with this, without us constantly helping him he's taken a huge hit in performance. Apparently even though he's only been on a few months my boss says the heads are looking into terminating him due to his lackluster performance.

I do feel a little bad here, we did pretty much stop associating with him abruptly and we are his coworkers. But he shouldn't have been hired here either and he's extremely pushy with his views so I don't know. No one on the team want's to talk about it so I'll just ask here, Are we the assholes here?

What a bunch of cunts.

So a kid with almost no experience gets hired into your elite team with a zillion degrees between you. You with your whopping four years of experience.

You could have been a righteous mentor and brought the kid up to speed since his existence has absolutely no impact on your precious degrees.

But no. You freeze him out and he, being young and utterly alone and inexperienced, runs to management like we are told to do in an interpersonal issue, and you castigate him.

gently caress all these assholes.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Agrikk posted:

What a bunch of cunts.

So a kid with almost no experience gets hired into your elite team with a zillion degrees between you. You with your whopping four years of experience.

You could have been a righteous mentor and brought the kid up to speed since his existence has absolutely no impact on your precious degrees.

But no. You freeze him out and he, being young and utterly alone and inexperienced, runs to management like we are told to do in an interpersonal issue, and you castigate him.

quote:

All of us have masters in comp sci or computer engendering 

🤔

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for ditching my prom date at the door?
This happened a while back but it still bugs me to this day, you guys let me know if I'm the rear end in a top hat.

So my mother's cleaning lady and I were friends, when I got home from school we would chat a little bit. She told me a lot about her daughter's boyfriend who was a real POS. In and out of jail, drugs, Etc and apparently right before prom the boyfriend and the daughter broke up leaving the daughter without a prom date. Cleaning lady liked me and asked me if I would take her daughter to prom but with a caveat, the daughters good friend also needed a date for prom and would I be able to find someone to take her. Cleaning lady also tells me daughter's friend is very short, like 4 foot 9.

With this in mind I talk to my friend Luke, good kid and also on the shorter side maybe about five foot three. Really nice guy, was having trouble in the girl department at this time, and his family was filthy stinking rich. Like elevator in their house rich.

Luke says it sounds great and i set the whole thing up.

So the day of prom arise and Luke's parents let him borrow their beautiful, brand new Lincoln Navigator to take the girls to prom in. We pick the girls up and go to a nice Chinese restaurant. That's when everything starts turning pear-shaped.

Luke's date is a complete jerk to him, like jaw-dropping comments regarding his height. All throughout dinner she is making fun of him and my date is joining in here and there. I felt so bad for poor Luke. He's a good kid and I could see him near tears with these girls picking on him. As a side note upon first arriving at the restaurant, Luke's date opens up the menu and loudly proclaimed "What the gently caress! this is all Chink food!" My date is rolling with laughter while I've never been more embarrassed in my life. I remember thinking to myself "what the hell did this idiot expect from a restaurant called China Palace".

After an hour and a half of these girls berating my friend I had had enough. They get up to go to the bathroom and I talked to Luke. I tell him that their behavior is unacceptable and I'm so sorry for dragging him into this. I suggest that we take them to the dance, pull up outside the doors, and kick them out of the car and tell them to have a good time.

The girls get back from the bathroom and we put our plan into action. Load them up in the car, drive them to their High School, and while we're in the parking lot I turn around from the passenger seat and inform them that we will not be taking them to the dance because of how they acted. These girls were hella pissed, screaming, swearing, calling us names but we didn't back down. We wish them all the best and kick them out of the car.

The next time I saw cleaning lady she apologized for her daughter's actions after I told her my version of events. Even she knew that her daughter and her daughter's friends could be pretty trashy. This happened some time ago but the whole incident still weighs on me, so what do you think am I the rear end in a top hat?

He did the right thing.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
My(20F) boyfriends(22) obsession over anime is ruining our relationship

quote:

Our relationship is relatively new. We've been together for a little over a month now, and I thought I found the perfect guy. We get along perfectly, and honestly I've never been happier than I am when i'm with him - and coming from my introverted self, that means a lot. I would honestly call him my soulmate. However, the closer we get the more he has opened up about his love for anime. I thought it was cute at first, just a hobby on the side, but its so much more than that.

We first met a few months ago, and had only seen each other a couple times before we started dating. He mentioned that he watched anime and played video games in passing, and I didn't think much of it. It actually made me like him more, seeing as im a bit of a loser myself. Little did I know, he completely downplayed how much anime means to him. Two weeks ago, I made a grave error and told him that I used to be a Grade A weeaboo. I haven't seen an anime in probably 6 years. I told him that I no longer care for it and find it kind of cringey, but it doesn't seem to stop him.

It's as if a switch has flipped and now he is weeabooing all over me. He wants to got to an anime convention - fine, I can do that - but then he said he wants to do a couples cosplay??? As if that wasn't bad enough, he's started using Weeb talk, throwing in random terms like 'nani' and 'baka' into our conversations.

But the absolutely worst part of it is the memes. Oh my god the anime memes. I put my phone on silent during lectures, and by the end of class, there is about 10 anime memes from him. I don't even understand majority of the references. He only seems to care about anime girls with big tiddies too, and it makes me super self-conscious. He seems to be more attracted to these cartoon women than to me.

Sometimes he sends me memes like "When she calls you senpai in bed" or "when she asks to watch hentai with you" and honestly it just makes me feel uncomfortable. Do this mean he wants me to call him senpai? Because I don't think I can do that. I told him that I never watched hentai because I was young when I went through my anime phase, and he insisted that I try watching it with him. I tell him countless times to stop with the weeb memes but he just keeps sending them.

I really thought I found the one, I love everything about him, but I just can't with his weeaboo side. I really want this weeb side of him to die, is that unfair? Am I just overreacting? I don't want this relationship to end, but his obsession with anime is starting to put a strain on us. Please help me.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Haifisch posted:

My(20F) boyfriends(22) obsession over anime is ruining our relationship

it's like the shittiest game of spades ever, you broke the weeb suit now he's going full weeb

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for using garlic salt instead of regular salt?

We are gonna have spaghetti and meatballs. We usually put salt in the water for the pasta for flavor. I thought using garlic salt instead of regular salt would maybe taste good so I used that.

She asked me why the water looked cloudy and I said garlic salt. Then she suddenly starts shouting and shrieking at the top of her lungs "NO! YOU DON'T DO THAT!" I asked her why. She yelled as loud as she possibly could from the sound of it "BECAUSE YOU JUST DON'T! I DON'T WANT MY PASTA TO TASTE LIKE GARLIC! CAN YOU DO SOMETHING IN YOUR LIFE WITHOUT loving IT UP?!"

Except....she covers it with the tomato sauce......which is filled with garlic.......

I started yelling after she did well....because i'm a human being with emotions. She yelled at me if I ever yell at her again I can live somewhere else. Ultimately she threatened to make me homeless over using garlic salt instead of regular salt in water. So am I the rear end in a top hat?

Edit: I don't think I clarified, this is my mother.

Grats on being a dhampir OP but try to be more conscious of your privilege of having all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

Grats on being a dhampir OP but try to be more conscious of your privilege of having all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses

Makes sense, dad doesnt seem in the picture having passed away centuries ago.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
He should get together with oniichan girl from a few pages back

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Vim Fuego posted:

He should get together with oniichan girl from a few pages back
Speaking of:

[Update] My (20M) girlfriend (19F) won't stop calling me Onii-chan during sex

quote:

First of all, thanks r/relationship_advice for giving me great support. When I made that post I expected maybe 10 good answers and then I would move on from there. What I got was massive amounts of love (except for that one guy who called me a dirty poc). I took a lot of what you guys said into consideration when I sat down with my gf. Some of you gave really, really great advice and I'm absolutely bedazzled by how much some of you actually cared about my first relationship.

Also thanks to r/animemes for sending the troops on over to my post and accusing me of being a waifu-stealing stud. I just can't help it. It's probably my alpha genetics.

So picking up where I left off, I decided to text my girlfriend first. I told her I wanted to meet up and talk about the obvious. She said okay.

When we met up later that day we talked about how we felt about the Onii-chan dilemma. There's a few things I wanted to point out first.

A) she didn't even know Onii-chan meant older brother. She's a pseudo-degenerate, or so I've been told. When I heard that, a huge weight was lifted off my shoulder by notorious G.O.D. I was worried because she has a younger brother and I thought maybe she's fantasizing him as her older brother aaand??? I know that's gross but that's the kind of headspace I was in yesterday.

And

B) She was embarrassed when she called me Onii-chan both times. She said it wasn't me that was the issue, but that it was herself and that she hated herself for letting that out during our intimacy.

Now taking all of the advice I got into consideration, I didn't want her to hate herself for saying something that potentially got her off. You shouldn't have to feel bad about doing what works for you on your trip to funky town.

So I told her that we can pick out a Japanese/anime-esque nickname together. We went over senpai, koibito, and several other nicknames. We settled on (my name)-sama.

Also, in order to get more into her mind-set, I agreed to watch hentai/porn with her on occasion on the condition that I'm the one to pick out the vid. I went over r/wholesomehentai (thanks u/fireftw
) and picked out a few that seemed interesting. I also looked over some doujishin (there was one that I REALLY liked, it was awesome) to show her so that she knows what kind I'm into.

While we were going over porn/hentai we both got hot and bothered. I took her to my apartment and we got busy. While we were doin' the nasty she didn't call me Onii-chan once, nor did she call me (my name)-sama. We both got to brain blast and it was a happy go-lucky time for all.

I told her again that it's totally okay to call me (my name)-sama. She laughed at my face and called me a weeaboo.

Thanks again to r/relationship_advice, r/animemes, and the contribution to my post from viewers like you. Thank you.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Now that I know r/wholesomehentai exists I think Im gonna go see how many cinderblocks I can hold while standing on the edge of a pier

Barudak fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Feb 26, 2019

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Agrikk posted:

What a bunch of cunts.

On the one hand, a senior executive's kid being hired fresh out of college is a red flag... unless some of the team was ALSO hired fresh out of college.

I agree that this was both a mentoring opportunity and a major career advancing opportunity missed. All it took was not being a dick. Say hello to the next round of layoffs.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Barudak posted:

Now that I know r/wholesomehentai exists I think Im gonna go see how many cinderblocks I can hold while standing on the edge if a pier

But will you get to brain blast?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

But will you get to brain blast?

Thats my backup plan

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

mllaneza posted:

On the one hand, a senior executive's kid being hired fresh out of college is a red flag... unless some of the team was ALSO hired fresh out of college.

I agree that this was both a mentoring opportunity and a major career advancing opportunity missed. All it took was not being a dick. Say hello to the next round of layoffs.

The "inappropriate jokes" are a red flag, too, but... man, I'm sorry, if I swear and you pointedly give me a baby swear back, you're on my poo poo list.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (20f) boyfriend (23M) and I got into a fight last night over the principles of respecting the female body.

This is a bit of a long post and possibly a confusing one.. this argument all started yesterday afternoon whilst I was getting dressed.

My boyfriend (who was on reddit at the time) began telling me about a death that had occured at a university that a close friend of mine attends. Me hearing this walk out of the room half undressed to get more information from him as I am concerned for my friend.

However, he decides that it is the perfect time to "honk" my boob and in the process pushes me backwards ( I was crouching down so I was pretty unsteady on my feet anyway) I get quite annoyed at him and go back to the room to continue getting dressed.

I understand that the "boob incident" may just be bad timing on his behalf but its not the first time he has done something like this so when we were in bed later that night I brought it up with him and how I felt that he viewed my body more as a toy that he can just do anything to and that I want it to be respected by him and this is where he said "well if you want it to be respected you should be wearing clothes".

Now I got pretty mad at this and as I was telling him how wrong it was that he said that he stormed out of the room and went to sleep on the couch. Now, I tried to get some sleep but my mind just kept running over and over what had happened so I decided to talk to him about it and this is where he said that I had misunderstood him and hadn't let him explain. He was mad that I had just assumed the worst of him. I asked him for an explanation but he didn't really give me one that I could understand (something about it being difficult to see me naked around the house when he can't "do anything about it" (I'm on my period atm)). I don't really know what his explanation means but he offered me nothing further. I also tried to tell him that because he walked out with no explanation that I can only take his words at face value..

Now, its the next morning and he won't even talk to me. He left for work without saying goodbye which has never happend before. I want to talk to him so we can sort this out. I'm not sure what to do and if I am in the wrong here? I tried calling him ( as he walks to work) but he is not answering. I'm really lost at the minute becuase on one hand I want to stick up for myself but on the other I just want to sort this out and move on. I want to know what he was thinking and what his pespective of this argument is but also want him to apologise and value my perspective of it too...its tricky I don't deal with conflict well at all.

Edit: while I want to thank everyone for your advice and support (helped sort a few things out) I just want to make it clear that breaking up with him is not an option. I love him very very much and ( I know this will sound like such bullshit) he is a great guy and this is what perplexes me so much about the respect thing because it doesn't jibe with the rest of his character...maybe the way we perceive things are just very different and we can't comprehend where the other is coming from..

Edit: some people have called my standpoint of him being a good guy is immature. I just wanted to make the point that he is a respectful guy who has just done something wrong. I honestly just think he made a mistake with his words or said it in anger and I want some advice on how to deal with the situation so it ends peacefully. Its not worth breaking up over and something I dont consider with him

TL;DR;: My boyfriend and I have gotten into an argument over the principles of respecting a womens body and I don't know who is in the right/wrong or how to fix things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
My roommate just tried my door not twenty minutes ago. It was locked and I wasn't asleep though she usually is right now. 
So now I'm 5 blocks away, at the intersection climbed my fav tree smoking CBD lol ama
I'm 23 M she's 27(?)F