Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Europe has a rich bottled water culture, you wouldn't understand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
£350 million for bottled water

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jose posted:

since may refuses to ever alter her deal the whole thing is just going to end up postponed until july

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/1100369769474285568

I thought the EU was only going to allow a delay if there was an election. But I'm probably well behind the latest news.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

prefect posted:

I thought the EU was only going to allow a delay if there was an election. But I'm probably well behind the latest news.

You don't know a god drat thing

and neither does anyone else

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

prefect posted:

They downgraded it to "credible assurance that a deal will be finalized before the end of the delay" a while back and I think the latest report is "look, just give us any pretense that you're not stalling for time and we'll let you stall until you're able sort out your food/medicine situation."

The hardline stance is from before anyone realized that nobody in charge has any idea what they're doing and has no problem killing off any amount of poors to serve their own grift/racism.

Zulily Zoetrope has issued a correction as of 14:14 on Feb 26, 2019

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

They downgraded it to "credible assurance that a deal will be finalized before the end of the delay" a while back and I think the latest report is "look, just give us any pretense that you're not stalling for time and we'll let you stall until you're able sort out your food/medicine situation."

I'm thinking Brexit will now last forever. Or pre-Brexit, whatever you call "the way things are right now".

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

prefect posted:

I'm thinking Brexit will now last forever. Or pre-Brexit, whatever you call "the way things are right now".

Nah, that's just the way history works. Total constipation then diarrhea

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Now I really wish I'd replied with "I think the word you're looking for is: poo poo".

Lesson learned: :jpmf:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1100380211793797120

Perfidious Albion! Two years blaring horns about Brexit, and now you're going to cancel at the last minute? Have you no shred of decency!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The last month had me starting to believe that May wasn't going to blink.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ahahaha, I called it. Eternal Brexit of the lead soaked mind. This is never going to end, it will go on and on and on for the next ten thousand years

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Brexit means Brexit means forever

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTSCUYcp20A

https://twitter.com/LindsaycFraser/status/1100389860869922816?s=19

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Someone do the onion story about the boy taking over his fathers Afghanistan route but for MPs and brexit.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Compare the market deals.com

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Addamere posted:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1100380211793797120

Perfidious Albion! Two years blaring horns about Brexit, and now you're going to cancel at the last minute? Have you no shred of decency!

You know they're gonna vote the deal down you loving idiot!

twoday
May 4, 2005

OK, this seems to be the line up of votes coming up:

The voting will continue until Brexit improves

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

twoday posted:

UK is definitely barreling towards the "???" outcome

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

twoday posted:

shouldn’t the box labeled “???” be “Albion runs wile e coyote style off a cliff”

twoday
May 4, 2005

Here's an in-depth article about that sequence of votes if anyone is confused:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/26/mays-deal-no-deal-or-brexit-delay-how-will-mps-vote

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
napoleon couldn't do it
the kaiser couldn't do it
hitler couldn't do it
the soviet union couldn't do it

in the end, the one who defeated britain......was britain itself

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

twoday posted:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Do UK soda machines not have a water lever or are you also revealing yourself as a TIG level out-of-touch bouj :v:

In the states at least any place that serves food is obligated to provide free water to customers, and if you don’t order a drink at a fast food place you can get a (usually differently-printed) cup that you’re only supposed to use for water

Now from all reports the insides of those machines are basically the roach mill from Snowpiercer so I can understand preferring bottled, but lol

The machine usually just mixes syrup directly from a hooked up bag with carbonated water that is piped in so while the machine itself may be dirty really that only affects the ice.

Fwiw I've never worked anywhere that didn't clean the nozzles at the end of the day but that probably varies.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://twitter.com/DanielHewittITV/status/1100422630321147904

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I thought it wasn't possible for a country to punch itself in the balls harder than America did with trump, but Albion is currently winning that contest handily

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/londonyc/status/1100429066014990342?s=19

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The vultures are happy the carcass gets to stew for another few months

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The predictit for brexit by the end of march has halved; down to only 0.15 for yes. Clearly a lot of people think this is going to actually happen.

Since this is May and 2019 the stupidest possible thing is going to happen but I'm not sure if thats no deal or a delay and then a no deal anyways?

twoday
May 4, 2005

The stupidest and worst thing (which is what will probably happen) will be an extension, during which time both parties and May's cabinet will crumble and shear from defections like a meteor crashing through the atmosphere, followed by a no deal Brexit, and then a no confidence vote followed by an election with no clear winner, and a minority government that rules over the crater

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon

Londons going to end up with such a boring skyline. Honestly would it kill them to do the newer ones with neat shapes and patterns too. Maybe we can multi colour them or covered them in plants once the bottom falls out and it all becomes worthless.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Eternal BREXIT of the Thotless Mind.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

hobbesmaster posted:

The predictit for brexit by the end of march has halved; down to only 0.15 for yes. Clearly a lot of people think this is going to actually happen.

Since this is May and 2019 the stupidest possible thing is going to happen but I'm not sure if thats no deal or a delay and then a no deal anyways?

her plan is to delay until july and refuse to take part in the european elections at which point no deal becomes the absolute default with no way to delay and she won't change her deal at all to either get MPs to vote for it or for no deal

she cares about nothing except passing her deal drat the consequences

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

twoday posted:

so the only real vote is the one on the 14th, no chance either of the other two pass

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

no deal could pass I think? it seems stupid enough to happen

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
You cannot grasp the true form of BREXIT

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

no deal could pass I think? it seems stupid enough to happen

extremely unlikely it'd get more than a hundred votes

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

twoday posted:

The stupidest and worst thing (which is what will probably happen) will be an extension, during which time both parties and May's cabinet will crumble and shear from defections like a meteor crashing through the atmosphere, followed by a no deal Brexit, and then a no confidence vote followed by an election with no clear winner, and a minority government that rules over the crater

hail satan

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jose posted:

her plan is to delay until july and refuse to take part in the european elections at which point no deal becomes the absolute default with no way to delay and she won't change her deal at all to either get MPs to vote for it or for no deal

she cares about nothing except passing her deal drat the consequences

what if the EU just extends the timeframe for two years

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

what if the EU just extends the timeframe for two years

the germans are already saying legally we'll have to take part in the elections lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
You made the news! :toot:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1100445152513011714