Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This comic is magical and the creative people here are even more magicaler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

How is this consistently the best thread on the forums?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

May god bless you and keep you

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
This belongs in a museum.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This arc just gets better and better holy poo poo. I don’t think I can find the words to express my level of absolute disbelief with this latest strip

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Perfection. This strip is perfection.

Flaccid French Fry
Nov 27, 2018

Hey sir I really like your idea sir and I really think we should implement it sir why don't you talk to my CSM sir and see what he says sir and hopefully we can get sir this ball rolling sir thanks sir. HOOAH am I right sir.
I hope this arc becomes a movie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This needs to be framed and put in a museum and people can come and just look at it and be in loving awe because this is loving perfection.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm dropping back in with no context and this is just beautiful

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Xarbala posted:

I'm dropping back in with no context and this is just beautiful

Context doesnt help much.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

every time i think they can't top themselves

every

single

time

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

The really shocking thing here? He's using the same web-shooter he used to web up Kilgrave.

So Spidey webbed up Kilgrave, switched the web to his other hand, and had to be reminded that he was still wearing the web-shooter he used less than a minute ago.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 26, 2019

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"You've got TWO web-shooters!"
"Huh? Oh - yeah - I forgot!"

*drops Kilgrave and fires two weblines at the roof to save himself*

*one hits Cage, one hits MJ*

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I'm half-expecting him to just completely miss the roof with that shot so we can get another week of dramatic falling

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Why does Spider-Man get two web shooters?

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I love this thread.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Sheet falls off, Kilgrave tells them to fight again, spidey drops killgrave, some nutty way they win

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
WITH MY DYING BREATH I CURSE SPIDER-MAaaaaaaa...

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
MJ keeps ruining their plan to let Kilgrave fall off this roof

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Some real generous sidewalks in that part of town. It's wider than a two lane road.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
it's an armory in marvel new york. this is probably the least destructive superhero/villain fight they've had this weekend. tey need the space

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

You would think it would be easier to just shoot the wall rather than lob the web over the edge of the roof and hope it hits something, but the wall is made of bricks, and bricks can't be trusted.

Edit: Also, I checked and there is actually a park across the street from this armory. I am very surprised at the effort at realism the artist is putting into this setting.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Feb 27, 2019

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Some real generous sidewalks in that part of town. It's wider than a two lane road.

Looks to me like the road is elevated and those are the supports.

Also: jfc this comic

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
How does this strip top itself every single story arc?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ManlyGrunting posted:

How does this strip top itself every single story arc?

i dunno, the iron fist arc wasn't nearly as good as floridamans or the current arc.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
And truly, will we ever reach the dizzying heights of Peter meeting his space furry son?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

The sheet falls off, and Killgrave spends his last 15 seconds of life screaming about how he's scared of heights.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Based on the other day's strip it doesn't look like Killgrave is far enough up to let him finish an intake of breath to scream before he'd be on the ground.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i dunno, the iron fist arc wasn't nearly as good as floridamans or the current arc.

It had Ironfist destroy the helicopter they were on, the helicopter then crashed right into the theater that hired MJ. They then struggled to defeat an obese man and a geriatric.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lobok posted:

Based on the other day's strip it doesn't look like Killgrave is far enough up to let him finish an intake of breath to scream before he'd be on the ground.

Ah, but you're forgetting how fast comic book characters can talk while leaping/falling.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alhazred posted:

It had Ironfist destroy the helicopter they were on, the helicopter then crashed right into the theater that hired MJ. They then struggled to defeat an obese man and a geriatric.

i'm not saying it was bad, but it never reached the heights of blood transfusion musical chairs or stupid sexy banner.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kennel posted:

Ah, but you're forgetting how fast comic book characters can talk while leaping/falling.

Without the context of earlier panels I don't know if he actually leapt from the tree. He could have been doing a HALO dive.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I think that's supposed to be the Harlem River Drive.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Talking is a free action.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's an early X-Men comic where Jean Grey is running and sees a twig in front of her, and thinks,"Oh no! I didn't see that twig until too late and now I am going to trip on it and fall and hurt myself and I don't have time to get out of the way of the twig that I am currently running towards BUT if I use my amazing mutant gift of my psychic powers I will be able to move the stick with my mind but first I must concentrate on the twig and make it move first upwards several feet into the air next I must move it several feet to the side and finally I can release it and continue to run without having to worry about tripping on it anymore thank goodness for my amazing mutant power of telepathy and telekinesis that enabled me to move the twig out of the way with those aforementioned mental powers as physically there was simply no time to bring myself to a stop or divert around the twig or even do a little hop over it."

What I'm saying is that Spider-Man wouldn't have been anywhere near that same twig but would have still ended up tripping over it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jerusalem posted:

There's an early X-Men comic where Jean Grey is running and sees a twig in front of her, and thinks,"Oh no! I didn't see that twig until too late and now I am going to trip on it and fall and hurt myself and I don't have time to get out of the way of the twig that I am currently running towards BUT if I use my amazing mutant gift of my psychic powers I will be able to move the stick with my mind but first I must concentrate on the twig and make it move first upwards several feet into the air next I must move it several feet to the side and finally I can release it and continue to run without having to worry about tripping on it anymore thank goodness for my amazing mutant power of telepathy and telekinesis that enabled me to move the twig out of the way with those aforementioned mental powers as physically there was simply no time to bring myself to a stop or divert around the twig or even do a little hop over it."

What I'm saying is that Spider-Man wouldn't have been anywhere near that same twig but would have still ended up tripping over it anyway.

NSM is like they made an entire movie out of scenes like those Jean-Claude Van Damme kicks that get repeated from multiple angles at multiple speeds.