Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt
Tekisi mieli äänestää katolta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jorgos Nuuh posted:

Tekisi mieli äänestää katolta.

kuka estää?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

paavo

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Golden Gate Bride posted:

Sure but even they seem to be afraid of pushing a proper paradigm shift from economy first kind of thinking to enviromental and human rights issues on the top when doing political stuff and all.

I guess I just want a downshifting party so I can finally wear my tuohilaukku with no shame

The options who to vote for this election are pretty locked in, and choosing not to vote isn't even going to be noticed by the fygm parties.

Jorgos Nuuh
Dec 28, 2004
Pröööööt

Hogge Wild posted:

kuka estää?

Luterilainen kasvatus.

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

endlessmonotony posted:

The options who to vote for this election are pretty locked in, and choosing not to vote isn't even going to be noticed by the fygm parties.
I know and that is as said before pretty much the reason that gets me to vote vassarit everytime and keep the status quo chugging on

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I know a crooked politician when I see one

even his shoes don't look like they match

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
How dare you call Kekkonen crooked?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

I know a crooked politician when I see one

even his shoes don't look like they match

I'm the really ugly sofa.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm the really ugly sofa.

And yet you would be the least ugly and most presidential looking thing in that room.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
How dare you diss on that couch, it looks as inviting and comfortable as a bus seat - it is the people's sofa!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Actually if you look at it very carefully it's not a sofa, it's an extension of Paavo's butt.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Oletko kyllästynyt kuulemaan sote-sekoilusta joka helvetin päivä? Ei se mitään, niin ovat kaikki muutkin, mutta lollero silti:

Yle posted:

Sinisten kansanedustaja, sosiaali- ja terveysvaliokunnan jäsen Vesa-Matti Saarakkala on ilmoittautunut soten valinnanvapauden vastustajiin.

Saarakkalan mukaan nykyinen soten valinnanvapaus on toteuttamiskelvoton, eikä hän aio edistää sitä valiokunnassa.

Hän kertoo tulleensa tähän johtopäätökseen viikonloppuna, kun oli lukenut perustuslakivaliokunnan lausuntoa. Hän kertoo informoineensa sinisten johtoa päätöksestään.

[...]

Mikäli sote-uudistus etenee suureen saliin äänestykseen, ja Saarakkala äänestää siellä sitä vastaan, vastustajia on 100 ja puolesta äänestäjiä 99.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I was wondering who would want to specifically be the magical 100th opponent.

There's still time to buy off a small party. Maybe make abortion illegal to get KD on board or do some horse trading with the whole Seinäjoki/Vaasa thing to get RKP.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Say to Paavo that he was right all along and he'll defect back to CP.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Sharpest Crayon posted:

How dare you diss on that couch, it looks as inviting and comfortable as a bus seat - it is the people's sofa!

it's a casting couch

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Nenonen posted:

Say to Paavo that he was right all along and he'll defect back to CP.

Or just put him in charge of sote to get his vote. I'd trust him more than the current pack of vultures.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

speaking of vultures

https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10658051

quote:

Maanviljelijöiden tuki keskustapuolueelle on laskenut roimasti neljässä vuodessa, selviää Maaseudun Tulevaisuuden (MT) teettämästä gallupista. Keskustaa aikoo äänestää 64,5 prosenttia viljelijöistä, kun vuonna 2015 luki oli 84,6 prosenttia vastaavassa tutkimuksessa.

Viljelijöiden kannatus on valumassa perussuomalaisille ja kokoomukselle.

Eniten kannatustaan on lisännyt kokoomus, jota äänestäisi nyt 11 prosenttia maanviljelijöistä. Vuonna 2015 luku oli 3,5 prosenttia. Erityisen suosittu kokoomus on Etelä-Suomessa, jossa viljelijäkannatus on noin viidenneksen.

:rip:

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
SOTE is basically having its sad and torturous life flashing in its eyes now lol

Just kill it government. I want to see Heikkinen cry on live TV.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Wow, third way politics? Were the Rural Alliance ahead of their time?

Anyway the Social and Healthcare bill that the government has tried for years to ram thru is starting to finally fall into pieces, and I can't be more vahingoniloinen. How can the government and the parties involved be this incompetent in their job? You had amble time to figure poo poo out and fix the problems the same constitutional committee pointed out in previous sessions, but gently caress that. Cock wanted their "freedom of choice", and Kepu their loving provincial reforms. And to top it all off, they didn't even bother to ask the EU if they were OK with the plan, in case it conflicts with their laws and directives. How can you be this loving incompetent? Did they skip civil class in college that day where they discussed about laws and constitutions?

I'm venting, but goddamn if you thought Jyrki Katainen's six-pack coalition was poo poo, you certainly didn't expect a right-wing coalition government to be this inept. They had a good run loving the poor though.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
eikös kolmas tie tarkoita fasismia?

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
No. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Way Third way leads to fascism though, when all the benefits of prosperity and globalisation have been willingly handed over to the 1%.

Sen jälkeen on aika äänestää Trumppia, tai laittaa Odini takki niskaan ja mennä ulos tappamaan vihollisia.

Näin muuten eilen Odineita eduskuntatalon portailla, niitä oli siinä ~3 ja pari jotain muijaa ilman värejä rupattelemassa.

doverhog fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 25, 2019

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Position

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

It's almost as if preparing far-reaching and wide-ranging reform from the premise of two separate boondoggles for two parties means the reform will turn out to be a dysfunctional piece of crap no one likes.

Even if it had passed it would have been instantly revised and revamped during the next government. If you sincerely think the system needs long-term reform you need to commit all or almost all political parties to it so that they also own it if it runs into trouble.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.hs.fi/nyt/art-2000006014795.html

A legitimate column from Nyt. I for one am not glad about the extra bullshit companies make you do without it reflecting in price and all that data mining I don't get poo poo from.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Prosecuted editor of trashy internet tabloid MV-lehti Ilja Janitskin is a candidate for the Seven Star Party in both general and European Parliament elections.

I think our honeymoon with Väyrynen is over.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Janitskin is the Darth Vader to Emperor Paavo. All aboard the Death Star 7!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Literally what Merkel said to Sipilä sometime in 2014 over the phone

doverhog
May 31, 2013

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Prosecuted editor of trashy internet tabloid MV-lehti Ilja Janitskin is a candidate for the Seven Star Party in both general and European Parliament elections.

:ohdear:

Joo kyllä tän jälkeen on vaikeeta enää tukea Paavoa edes läpällä.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
LMAO. I voted for you Paavo! How could you betray my trust like all other politicians :negative:

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

LMAO. I voted for you Paavo! How could you betray my trust like all other politicians :negative:

Paavo lähtee kepusta, mutta kepu ei lähde Paavosta.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

I guess because Paavo is so old, he doesn't understand why Janitskin is so bad. But that also means he's too out of it and should retire or die of old age instead of embarrass himself further. There are actual lines in politics and being pro Janitskin, a Russian propagandist who actively made up lies to destroy Finland is one of them. Perhaps Juan Böckman should join the party next?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

doverhog posted:

Perhaps Juan Böckman should join the party next?

Well who did you think Börje Börgelsson really is?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Nenonen posted:

Well who did you think Börje Börgelsson really is?

:eyepop:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Good news, everyone!

Jehovantodistajat ja muut pitkätukat heitetään vankilaan mutta diabeetikoista tehdään uusi paarialuokka joka ei kelpaa edes B-miehiksi. Vielä kun naiset, homot ja ryssät saadaan pois asepalveluksesta niin Jussin visio on toteutunut täydellisesti!

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
It is good news that an incest cult doesn't get special privileges any more

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Darkest Auer posted:

It is good news that an incest cult doesn't get special privileges any more

I think this is just the opening shot, the possibility that the JW will take this to the European Human Rights Court and argue the government is ostracizing their religious freedom to practice Christian pacifism is quite possible. It is also rather unfortunate timing, considering the Russian government is cracking down on JW in the neighbourhood. One might play this as an example of Finland turning "illiberal".

Havana Affair
Apr 6, 2009
Afaik the exemption started because everyone of the Jehova's witnesses would object to the military service and start the whole process with the cops and the court and so on and the state didn't want to bother with it anymore. I don't see why they wouldn't go right back to that. Seems like a massive waste of time to please some olmi's authoritarian fantasies but hey that's perussuomalaiset / siniset for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Havana Affair posted:

Afaik the exemption started because everyone of the Jehova's witnesses would object to the military service and start the whole process with the cops and the court and so on and the state didn't want to bother with it anymore. I don't see why they wouldn't go right back to that. Seems like a massive waste of time to please some olmi's authoritarian fantasies but hey that's perussuomalaiset / siniset for you.

Oh poo poo in this case this is good news for the JW since now they can play the Christian martyrdom card.