Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

welcome to hell posted:

Hateful college professor got me fired from my job. What can I do?

This is the dumbest poo poo.

You got a job. Drop the stupid community college class and focus on work till you have your poo poo straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

welcome to hell posted:

"Hey, I lied, then lied some more, then lied even more. Now I'm fired. Who can I sue?"

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Smirking_Serpent posted:

favorite president is kinda a trap question. Are there any good answers besides Lincoln? FDR maybe if you ignore Japanese internment.

pro answer is William Henry Harrison.

President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

:colbert:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

welcome to hell posted:

I think the only option here is to call up the prof's boss 2-3 times a day until he gets fired, because there's no way a community college "professor" has tenure.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just write a letter from the professor's boss saying he's fired.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

welcome to hell posted:

Option 1) ask company for time off for exams
Option 2) ask company for a form letter stating employment
Option 3) go full Seinfeld

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah going full letter forging for something so simple makes him an idiot. Either ask his boss for a letter or drop the class. I mean he should have, hes to late because his first instinct to any small hickup was forgery.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I see your regular academic fraud and raise you with academic tax fraud

r/legaladviceTax Law
How much trouble could I/my parents get into after the poo poo I just did?
u/ncfow

quote:

Edit: I live in New Mexico.

Last year, I lost my scholarship for school. I was so depressed (still am) and disappointed in myself. So disappointed that I didn’t tell my parents. I currently live with them and have throughout my three years of college.

Why didn’t I apply for a student loan or simply fess up? I honestly don’t know. Please don’t yell at me.

For the past year, I’ve been lying, saying that everything is fine and that I still go to school. I mostly just leave my house and go to a coffee shop or something when I’m not working.

Fast forward to today, I just did my taxes. IDK why I didn’t think things through but I got my 1089 form. OBVIOUSLY, it looks different. Where it once said how much I got in scholarships is now blank.

My dad does his taxes with my cousin because he doesn’t really know how to do it by himself. He uses TurboTax but he still uses his help. Anyways, he ends up texting me, asking me to send a picture of the 1098 form. I try to laugh it off, saying that I lost it. My cousin, being the genius that he is, said that you can find it online through the university’s website.

Come to find out, YES, you can. I should have known but a part of me denied this. I start freaking out and having a panic attack. I’m imagining myself having to tell my parents that I actually lost my scholarship and haven’t gone to school for a year.

Then I get the idea to simply screenshot the form, PhotoShop it, then send the picture of the screen. I copy the dates of this year’s forms to last year’s which has the scholarship amounts. I send that and cross my fingers that my cousin or TurboTax doesn’t catch me in a lie.

Now, I think I’m safe. For now, obviously.

I’m scared, disappointed in myself, and just overall depressed about the whole situation.

What can happen to my parents if something happens? What CAN happen? gently caress. Please be gentle.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladviceTax Law
u/ncfow

Tricking my parents into committing tax fraud to trigger the feds.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladviceTax Law
u/ncfow

My hair is on fire right now.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Just like golf, the trick to cheating on taxes is saying you worked MORE than you did so the IRS isn't suspicious.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladviceTax Law
u/ncfow

I'm incredibly curious on what the comments are. What an idiot. :psyduck:

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
r/sex
Advice: where to advertise (Edinburgh) bed surfing?
u/My_Work_In_Progress

quote:

I'm a fairly attractive, single, generally nice guy who rattles around in a huge luxury house in a lovely part of Edinburgh, Scotland. I'm fine on my own, but would occasionally enjoy sharing my bed with someone friendly for 'cuddles plus'...

Edinburgh is a huge tourism hot spot where it's often hard to find affordable places to stay. And obviously there's quite a few body-confident, sexually positive women among them, travelling alone or with friends (who can have a spare room). I see this as much the same as other forms of consensual short-term dating, where everyone benefits. We're still both going to chat in advance, check each other out, and I'm sure only go ahead if we still like what we see.

I'd like to advertise my offer of a free place to stay on such a basis. But Scotland's still a pretty moralistic and conservative culture, and I don't see many local forums accepting such an ad. And by the time visitors arrive, they've usually sorted where they'll be staying. So I'm wracking my brain for alternative places to promote my offer.

Can anyone suggest where I might do this, where open-minded female travellers might see it while researching their trip? Any suggestions welcome

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

CheesyDog posted:

r/sex
u/My_Work_In_Progress

Lmao "I'll give you a place to stay if you have sex with me" yeah that's not creepy at all.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CheesyDog posted:

r/sex
u/My_Work_In_Progress

"Why yes I was banned from couchsurfing, why, do you ask? They're so intolerant of my body positivity."

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Lmao "I'll give you a place to stay if you have sex with me" yeah that's not creepy at all.

You joke but this is super, super common in the bay area.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Yawgmoth posted:

I think the only option here is to call up the prof's boss 2-3 times a day until he gets fired, because there's no way a community college "professor" has tenure.

I find it hard to believe a community college professor has the spare time to call a company 2-3 times per day for months on end.

More likely the admitted liar is lying.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Vinny Possum posted:

"Why yes I was banned from couchsurfing, why, do you ask? They're so intolerant of my body positivity."

You joke but this is super, super common in the bay area.

Why am I not surprised? And not just because housing in the bay area went beyond parody long ago.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Dienes posted:

I find it hard to believe a community college professor has the spare time to call a company 2-3 times per day for months on end.

More likely the admitted liar is lying.

Hahaha. Old community college profs have all the time in the world and some of them love nailing lying students because it lets them feel like cops. As a college prof, I loving hate it when students lie to me because they are such loving morons and make it too obvious. The lies are so bad and dumb it's like my eight year old lying about eating her vegetables. I bet the forged letter was barely literate. And then I need to go through the effort of getting them in trouble, talking to the associate dean, etc. I don't get paid extra for any of that work. Every time a student lies or cheats, it makes me do a bunch of unpaid work essentially.

So I take no pleasure in it at all - it's a terrible chore that I have to do because it's my job. But it's easy to see where a jaded prof might start to take pleasure in it as a coping mechanism because the alternative is just being repeatedly annoyed about it.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

CheesyDog posted:

r/legaladviceTax Law
u/ncfow

lmao. I lost the scholarship, but I'm going to commit some fraud so my family doesn't find out and I still get my tax return. Pray you don't get an audit I guess, lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Yawgmoth posted:

Community college professors do get tenure, it's an academic position.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

welcome to hell posted:

Short version: I forged a letter from my trainer to excuse an absence from school, got caught, got fired. Can I sure for damages because I got caught?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Me (24F) saw a kid (15F) get scalped on a cruise that was part of a school trip. Teachers of the kid hid the video because they were drinking and were not supposed to be. What can i do?

I am from Canada, but am currently living in Central America. My mom came to visit me and booked a cool catamaran tour for us to do, and today we went on that. There was a group of kids on the boat from a catholic school in New Hampshire, and after arriving at the swim/snorkel spot we were advised that we could swim, snorkel or jump off the boat if we pleased. The teachers that were in charge of looking after these kids (aged 15-16) were drinking a lot of alcohol. About 5 minutes after arriving, one of the students did a backflip off the boat.

​I don't know if it was the angle, or speed, or both. But he clipped his head on the side of the boat and completely scalped the side of his head. It was hands down the most disgusting, horrifying, and awful thing I have ever seen. All of the teachers rushed the kids to the other side of the boat, and a few minutes later the teachers realized one of the students had a video of everything, (everything including them drinking alcohol when they should not have been.) They used the terror every kid was feeling to force the girl to delete the video.

​I didnt know any of these students but the girls who were crying, I was trying to comfort and convince everything would be ok. I saw the teacher force the girl to delete the video, and afterwards she came to me saying she felt uncomfortable deleting it, but it was a teacher and she didnt want to get in trouble. She has a pretty new version of go pro, so Im hoping just "deleting" the video isnt enough, and that maybe it will be in a recycle bin on her go pro. I told her to tell her parents EXACTLY what happened, and I urged her to tell them about the teachers forcing her to delete the video. I get it if they don't want students posting it to facebook, or sharing it. But this video also could have helped his parents and doctors in seeing EXACTLY what was wrong and hopefully helping more. Also, they could have told the kids if anyone shared it, they will get detention, suspension, etc. It all just seems super shady to me.

​I dont know any of the kids because i was on the trip with my boyfriend and mom and stepdad, but i found the school on facebook and I'm not sure how to proceed. All I want is for this poor kid to be ok, and if the teachers did do something wrong, for them to never be in charge of children again.

​Thanks in advance! this is weighing really heavy on my heart.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

lmao. I lost the scholarship, but I'm going to commit some fraud so my family doesn't find out and I still get my tax return. Pray you don't get an audit I guess, lol

I think the IRS can see student loans or scholarships straight away. Everything is basically filed online now with schools and they get a tax break for the scholarships they hand out, I believe. So, it's all recorded. He single handedly buried his parents into a really lovely situation. I hope this idiot tells the truth before the IRS whistle blows it for him with an audit.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

This is the dumbest poo poo.

You got a job. Drop the stupid community college class and focus on work till you have your poo poo straight.

It was clearly an Apple store lol

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

cumshitter posted:

It was clearly an Apple store lol
Not necessarily. It could have been a Microsoft store.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Me (24F) saw a kid (15F) get scalped on a cruise that was part of a school trip. Teachers of the kid hid the video because they were drinking and were not supposed to be. What can i do?

I am from Canada, but am currently living in Central America. My mom came to visit me and booked a cool catamaran tour for us to do, and today we went on that. There was a group of kids on the boat from a catholic school in New Hampshire, and after arriving at the swim/snorkel spot we were advised that we could swim, snorkel or jump off the boat if we pleased.
Well, the teachers probably shouldn't have been drinking but I think this is chalked up to kids doing dumb things. Also the title made me think they came across pirates and saw someone be scalped so I was disappointed from the get-go.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Well, the teachers probably shouldn't have been drinking but I think this is chalked up to kids doing dumb things.

That young man was normally mild mannered, but the sight of his inebriated teachers emboldened him into going rogue and scalping himself on a boat.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

CheesyDog posted:

r/sex
u/My_Work_In_Progress

I cannot imagine the sheer level of creep-vibes this guy is giving off if he cannot rent out a room in Edinburgh during the festival no matter the conditions.

Like I don't get why he think he needs to have the accommodation rider on there, the population of Edinburgh doubles during the festival. Just go on Tinder....

.... oh wait it's because he's absolutely awful and is relying on Dennis style 'the implication' to get anyone to touch him.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Catholics not being allowed to drink? What is this, a Mormon Catholic School?

quote:

About 5 minutes after arriving, one of the students did a backflip off the boat. I don't know if it was the angle, or speed, or both. But he clipped his head on the side of the boat and completely scalped the side of his head.

lol, what a goof, that'll make for a sweet scar.

quote:

All I want is for this poor kid to be ok

They are fine you goddamn dork.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I'm not prostituting myself I'm just renting out my bed and body jeez

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

duck trucker posted:

I'm not prostituting myself I'm just renting out my bed and body jeez

Don’t worry, it's not sleazy

49 [M4F] free luxury accommodation for visitors to Edinburgh

quote:

Visiting Edinburgh? I offer friendly open-minded women FREE accommodation at my luxurious central home, located in one the city's finest areas, with expert local information and assistance. I'm very respectable, entirely safe, easy going, and generally excellent company!
Please don't expect that just because I'm asking you to put out I'll accept everyone. We still have to get on! I have to trust you too, and will ask for passport details for my own security. So we'll chat in advance to ensure we like each other, just like any normal short term dating arrangement. (Incidentally, I do have a 'normal' dating profile too, and I'm a pretty great catch, so if we really really get on and you're globally footloose I'm even open to an LTR that, erm, started in a slightly unconventional way!).
Once we've both established we're for real, I'll send you verifiable details to prove I'm legit, such as texting a selfie in my living room with any word you say scribbled on paper. This isn't a sleazy scam. I just get a bit lonely on my own and it's nice occasionally to have a cuddle. Then of course I'll get a bit horny so let's be upfront. I'm no longer a stud so don't expect a weekend of rampant passion. But I do know how to find a clitoris (as well as tracking down a woman's unique mmmm zones) and mostly get pleasure from giving pleasure.
I've a large place with multiple empty bedrooms so I'm happy to accept 2-3 women friends travelling together. I'd only expect one of you to share my bed (i.e. the person I communicate with) and I'm very respectful so I'm not going to pressure anyone into anything they're uncomfortable with. Everything should be negotiated in advance. This is just an offer to any consenting adult who is happy with fun and cosy arrangements that work for everyone. I'd hope it will leave you with happy memories in lots of ways.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
talking about "body-confident, sex-positive women" is such a red flag like the only people who use those phrases are creepers trying very hard to make their creeping pass as progressive (if you dont wanna let then gently caress you it's because you're insufficiently confident and positive after all)

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Aramoro posted:

I cannot imagine the sheer level of creep-vibes this guy is giving off if he cannot rent out a room in Edinburgh during the festival no matter the conditions.

Your post gave me flashbacks of the first creepy Coachella Craigslist ad in 2017 http://www.passtheaux.co/creepy-coachella-2017-posting/
My favourite is #18 :yikes:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Jimbozig posted:

Hahaha. Old community college profs have all the time in the world and some of them love nailing lying students because it lets them feel like cops. As a college prof, I loving hate it when students lie to me because they are such loving morons and make it too obvious. The lies are so bad and dumb it's like my eight year old lying about eating her vegetables. I bet the forged letter was barely literate. And then I need to go through the effort of getting them in trouble, talking to the associate dean, etc. I don't get paid extra for any of that work. Every time a student lies or cheats, it makes me do a bunch of unpaid work essentially.

So I take no pleasure in it at all - it's a terrible chore that I have to do because it's my job. But it's easy to see where a jaded prof might start to take pleasure in it as a coping mechanism because the alternative is just being repeatedly annoyed about it.

Yes, as a college prof myself, I know the general procedure. I also know the students that lie a lot and refuse to own their mistakes will also wildly exaggerate the professor's actions for sympathy. Especially when he also lied about the professor not letting him drop the course - that's not something the professor controls.

The excuse of 'asking for a letter would get me in trouble!" is such a stupid, bullshit excuse. My first thought was that he forged the letter because he wasn't actually scheduled to work those days/times, so an 'official' letter wouldn't help his case.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Admiral Ray posted:

Catholics not being allowed to drink? What is this, a Mormon Catholic School?

lol, what a goof, that'll make for a sweet scar.

They are fine you goddamn dork.

I don't think the teachers should have been drinking though. You don't get drunk while babysitting on a school trip, regardless of the students' ages.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

quote:

as well as tracking down a woman's unique mmmm zones

Any woman who doesn't :redflag: this should accept that they will star in a lovely lifetime movie with an equally lovely name like "The Edinburgh Bed and Murder" or "Dead and Breakfast."

VVVV Holy gently caress he keeps finding way to become even creepier. Are we sure he's not single because he murdered someone?

waah fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 26, 2019

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Your post gave me flashbacks of the first creepy Coachella Craigslist ad in 2017 http://www.passtheaux.co/creepy-coachella-2017-posting/
My favourite is #18 :yikes:

Hey now this almost 50 year old guy has gone to great lengths to tell you he's not creepy and weird.

quote:

Shoot me! (Female photographer wanted...)(self.Edinburgh)

submitted 1 weeks agoby My_Work_In_Progress to /r/Edinburgh

I've recently separated and am back on the dating scene after many moons. But I've always avoided lenses pointed at me, so I've practically no useable images of myself.
Would someone be willing to spend an hour or two (paid) pointing a camera (which could be mine) at me with my card in it, then I'll take the card and we're done! All you need is button-pushing skills, but a little photographic experience would be ideal.
I need a female photographer because I'll just find it too hard to look seductive with some greasy old bloke. Actually, I want them to look natural, so you don't have to suffer that... oh my god this is going to be so embarrassing anyway!
Anyone willing to help me make a twat of myself?

He just can't look seductive in front of a man.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

failing forward posted:

I don't think the teachers should have been drinking though. You don't get drunk while babysitting on a school trip, regardless of the students' ages.

Oh yeah, those teachers are gonna get fired for sure. Them drinking just isn't related to that kid not knowing how to do a back flip.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Papa Emeritus III posted:

I think the IRS can see student loans or scholarships straight away. Everything is basically filed online now with schools and they get a tax break for the scholarships they hand out, I believe. So, it's all recorded. He single handedly buried his parents into a really lovely situation. I hope this idiot tells the truth before the IRS whistle blows it for him with an audit.

I don't know about scholarships in particular, but I presume they're handled as "payee forms" like W2s/1099s, in which case the payer is definitely sending copies directly to the IRS as well as the payee. This is insanely easy for the computers to notice, and homeboy ('s parents) is (are) hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

failing forward posted:

New age puritans are the worst.

What is drinking a lot to a 24 yo catholic chic? 2 beers?

Maybe they covered up the video because it was a video of a horrible accident