Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

red19fire posted:

I'm rooting for the collapse of Musk/Tesla to be the linchpin that destroys SV in general. Hopefully every billion dollar 'toaster, but it connects to the internet and has an app' company gets pulled down with him.

i am not rooting for this because it would probably cause a recession, and 99.9% of rich techbros will learn absolutely nothing from it. a happier solution is to tax them and pass tech regulations with real teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
One plus side is that the collapse of Silicon Valley might cause a massive re-investment of computer science research effort away from gimmicky bullshit and towards things that actually matter for humanity. Such as trying to implement models of brain organs using our best understanding so far.

We already have the computing resources to make minds -- lovely minds with less throughput than in real life, but still minds that actually model real behaviors found in biology. It's just that nobody is trying it yet. Nor is anybody trying to model lifelike inputs for those models except as video games. We need it, though. A real AI revolution would allow our civilizations best skills and research knowledge to just be copy-pasted endlessly between artificial people and we aren't even trying to reach that, because we're all too busy programming Uber's new customer data harvesting system or whatever. SV and venture capital need to die off immediately and hopefully it will do some good

Happy Thread has issued a correction as of 03:40 on Feb 26, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You're using SV like everyone knows what it stands for.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Raptor1033 posted:

Silicon Valley

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Raptor1033 posted:

Liar!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

red19fire posted:

I'm rooting for the collapse of Musk/Tesla to be the linchpin that destroys SV in general. Hopefully every billion dollar 'toaster, but it connects to the internet and has an app' company gets pulled down with him.

My wife is the Director of HR for a tech company so let's just say I dont agree with you in the slightest!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
the only sv i need is svu

:doink:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Kitfox88 posted:

the only sv i need is svu

:doink:

the kids cook it in a test tube with iodine and table salt then huff it directly into their anuses.

they call it butt flogging

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
and now ice t will explain the down low

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spoeank posted:

Elon Musk's downfall will be that he is, at his core, a dumb poo poo poster.

And hell, I'm here for it.

grimes clinks champagne glasses with his mom and both laugh, their plan complete

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kitfox88 posted:

and now ice t will explain the down low

YOU WERE ON THE DOWN LOW HAVIN SEX WITH MEN is the greatest line in the history of tv full stop

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Dumb Lowtax posted:

One plus side is that the collapse of Silicon Valley might cause a massive re-investment of computer science research effort away from gimmicky bullshit and towards things that actually matter for humanity. Such as trying to implement models of brain organs using our best understanding so far.

We already have the computing resources to make minds -- lovely minds with less throughput than in real life, but still minds that actually model real behaviors found in biology. It's just that nobody is trying it yet. Nor is anybody trying to model lifelike inputs for those models except as video games. We need it, though. A real AI revolution would allow our civilizations best skills and research knowledge to just be copy-pasted endlessly between artificial people and we aren't even trying to reach that, because we're all too busy programming Uber's new customer data harvesting system or whatever. SV and venture capital need to die off immediately and hopefully it will do some good

I disagree only inosofar as I think that "understanding the mysteries of the brain" and "making a model of the brain" are not the same thing, so we're still a long ways away from anything like that

Robots with insect brains may be a better goal, build from there

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1100407570538192902

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

good

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

please subpoena every passenger manifest for the last 30 yeara tia

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ayatollah Hermione posted:

please subpoena every passenger manifest for the last 30 yeara tia

You think they’re accurate?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...genumber%3D2426

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

wasn't a centerpiece of the whole Q thing the idea that Trump was somehow going to finally be the one to punish Epstein

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

wasn't a centerpiece of the whole Q thing the idea that Trump was somehow going to finally be the one to punish Epstein

Which is weird because Trump is a longtime friend of Epstein's.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I am just edging until the inevitable Trump tweet extolling his good friend Jeffrey and how he’s being railroaded by the leftist fake news media.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

chitoryu12 posted:

Which is weird because Trump is a longtime friend of Epstein's.

Undercover.

Conspiracy theory plus hyperconservatism is essentially a blank check to completely rewrite reality

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

jacob wohl got a permaban on twitter :)

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Permanent? Wow

Hell yeah

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Lutha Mahtin posted:

jacob wohl got a permaban on twitter :)

man he's really good at getting banned from things

v. curious about his status at various local fast food restaurants

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I just got kicked out of a hipster coffee shop.

Ayin
Jan 6, 2010

Have a great day.
I bring cats.

here is Love Meow, a site that reports on cats.

This is the current newsletter if you want a random smattering of stories

"Cat Brings Flowers to Neighbors From Her Garden Regularly Since Spring," my favorite article,

"Cat Missing for a Decade Found His Way to His Family After [the Oct. 2017] California Fires, Now 2 Months Later," the most :piss: article I've found thusfar, warning for photos of gnarly burnt ears

articles can get :nms: because it doesn't shy away from gnarly "just made it to the vet" photos, which is an interesting combination with the clickbaity titles and fluffy writing (but look at this adorable broke-rear end baby ;____; Just, you know, when you're prepared for a frightful face); sometimes the stories have lovely humans in the backstories (abandoned by previous owners, etc) but the meat of the stories are always about the good things that have just happened.
and yes, sometimes the articles get updated to say that the kitty died... but often they update to post a recent photo and caption it "BIG HAPPY GUY"
I tried to find the article that had that exact scenario but I couldn't ;_;

anyway, go forth and fall into a link-hole

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/false-sex-assault-allegation-against-robert-mueller-was-even-dumber-than-we-knew/

Jacob Wohl is loving dumb.

Ayatollah Hermione
Apr 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Subjunctive posted:

You think they’re accurate?

i think that the sort of person who would operate a flying pedo brothel for decades is also the the sort of person too entitled to think theyd ever get caught

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Thank you for showing my wife and I this:

Moo Moo, the cat in my avatar does the equivalent of bringing us flower heads. Every day she clears a shelf of stuffed animals and brings them in her mouth one at a time to us, leaving a big trail of them in a straight line or occasionally hiding one in her current "den". Someone in the cat thread said this was because she is training us how to hunt better. She howls when she's doing it, like she needs something, but ignores us when we interrupt. We say she's singing the Ballad of the Stuffed Animals, a big soap opera in her mind that she likes to practice a lot.

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

whoa. the cat at my flat does something similar, she has an old toy that she will pick up and carry around, all the time making mournful sounds. catch her in the act and she'll just drop it and stare at you like nothing happened.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Permanent? Wow

Hell yeah

Love that Loomer's twitter ban was sexually transmitted to Wohl

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

those two are so incompetent i bet they never even had a crazyeyes sex marathon together

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JacobWohlAlt/status/1100511039114768384

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Crazy Achmed posted:

whoa. the cat at my flat does something similar, she has an old toy that she will pick up and carry around, all the time making mournful sounds. catch her in the act and she'll just drop it and stare at you like nothing happened.

She's pretending that the toy is a newborn and are carrying it and singing to it like a momma cat would. She stops when you catch her because she's embarrassed.

My older girl does this.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

https://twitter.com/RealBankReform/status/1100532939404775424

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Lots more where this came from, Cohen's opening statement is released early for tomorrow and it's full of lols

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Ahahahaha Wohl's alt account just got suspended a minute ago, hence that first tweet being broken

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
i hope he gets killed by a white guy in MN it would be the funniest poo poo ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Hope someone screenshotted Wohl begging Trump to intervene for him since the 2020 election is close