Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

No Safe Word posted:

Yeah, this would be pretty lovely to post-facto revoke that protection. It could be horribly abused.

I thought a lawyer could only be disbarred for revealing privileged info. Could he go to jail, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Your Taint posted:

I thought a lawyer could only be disbarred for revealing privileged info. Could he go to jail, too?

He could be sued. So not wanting his family to be destitute is a pretty good motivator outside of disbarment.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

luxury handset posted:

you're using a misreading of the poll to try to crap on AOC while using black people as a sockpuppet to do so. that is gross, and everyone but you can recognize your behavior is ugly

Nah he knows he's lovely, too. Its part of trolling.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

luxury handset posted:

you're using a misreading of the poll to try to crap on AOC while using black people as a sockpuppet to do so.

The poll puts black support for the move at 75-20, latino support at 81-17.

Can you explain how I'm "misreading" this? All I'm seeing is a bunch of hand waving and (problematic) dunking on people for being ignorant?

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

"Mitch McConnell Says Dems Are To Blame For Election Fraud That Benefited GOP"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mitch-mcconnell-north-carolina-election-fraud_n_5c7570cee4b02efbde1f42a8

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Your Taint posted:

You can be disbarred for a looooot of reasons. Off the Washington legislation pages

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=2.48.220

quote:

(1) His or her conviction of a felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, in which case the record of conviction shall be conclusive evidence.

(2) Willful disobedience or violation of an order of the court requiring him or her to do or forbear an act connected with, or in the course of, his or her profession, which he or she ought in good faith to do or forbear.

(3) Violation of his or her oath as an attorney, or of his or her duties as an attorney and counselor.

(4) Corruptly or willfully, and without authority, appearing as attorney for a party to an action or proceeding.

(5) Lending his or her name to be used as attorney and counselor by another person who is not an attorney and counselor.

(6) For the commission of any act involving moral turpitude, dishonesty, or corruption, whether the same be committed in the course of his or her relations as an attorney or counselor at law, or otherwise, and whether the same constitute a felony or misdemeanor or not; and if the act constitute a felony or misdemeanor, conviction thereof in a criminal proceeding shall not be a condition precedent to disbarment or suspension from practice therefor.

(7) Misrepresentation or concealment of a material fact made in his or her application for admission or in support thereof.

(8) Disbarment by a foreign court of competent jurisdiction.

(9) Practicing law with or in cooperation with a disbarred or suspended attorney, or maintaining an office for the practice of law in a room or office occupied or used in whole or in part by a disbarred or suspended attorney, or permitting a disbarred or suspended attorney to use his or her name for the practice of law, or practicing law for or on behalf of a disbarred or suspended attorney, or practicing law under any arrangement or understanding for division of fees or compensation of any kind with a disbarred or suspended attorney or with any person not a licensed attorney.

(10) Gross incompetency in the practice of the profession.

(11) Violation of the ethics of the profession

You can be disbarred for anything from mass conspiracy and corruption to just being poo poo at your job in a notable way

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

pokie posted:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mitch-mcconnell-north-carolina-election-fraud_n_5c7570cee4b02efbde1f42a8
Mitch will say the sky is green if Dems say it’s blue, whatever

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

pokie posted:

This is an Onion headline

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I really enjoy how stupids are using the hq2 thing, a state matter, to attack noted person who has exactly zero power in state politics AOC.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

BardoTheConsumer posted:

I really enjoy how stupids racists are using the hq2 thing, a state matter, to attack noted person who has exactly zero power in state politics AOC.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Can you explain how I'm "misreading" this? All I'm seeing is a bunch of hand waving and (problematic) dunking on people for being ignorant?

i could explain it but at this point you are either too stubborn or mendacious to admit what you are doing here, it would not be a good use of my time (which is ample)

sorry, everyone itt knows what you're doing here is just limp concern trolling. it is not a good tactic to try to use poll numbers in this way to attack someone who you then, for kayfabe's sake, claim to support. you're not as clever as you think you are

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

BardoTheConsumer posted:

I really enjoy how stupids are using the hq2 thing, a state matter, to attack noted person who has exactly zero power in state politics AOC.

something something snowflakes despite amazon bailing at even the most mild of criticism.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

pokie posted:

I'd actually like to ask our conservative friend about this one.

Why is it that everything your side accuses the left of doing is stuff that your side actually does?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

CuddleCryptid posted:

You can be disbarred for a looooot of reasons. Off the Washington legislation pages

https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=2.48.220

You can be disbarred for anything from mass conspiracy and corruption to just being poo poo at your job in a notable way

You misunderstood my question, and it's my fault for wording it ambiguously.

I meant for the offense of revealing privileged info, is the only punishment disbarment,or could there also be jail time.

I didn't mean "is the only way to get disbarred by breaking privilege."

Again, my fault for not being more clear.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pence wouldn't get as far. the moral majority poo poo doesn't fly well outside red states. plus gay marrage is mostly accepted. the creationist poo poo isn't popular either.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the creationist poo poo isn't popular either.

I wish the Texas State Board of Education listened to that

Morbus
May 18, 2004

CascadeBeta posted:

The argument about amazon is moot anyway because hq2 was never actually going to happen. Their stated goal was finding one singular hq location, the whole hq2 bullshit was continued attempts to pit two cities against each other.

Yes and it is refreshing how decisively AOC refused to even remotely indulge in this hunger games bullshit

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I don't get the Amazon thing at all.

If Amazon's projections of $27 billion in tax revenue for the city/state were accurate (which would be a first) why did they need a $3 billion bribe to move there in the first place.

Why did it suddenly become not worth it if they didn't get free money, that only makes sense if they were scamming the city from the outset.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pence wouldn't get as far. the moral majority poo poo doesn't fly well outside red states. plus gay marrage is mostly accepted. the creationist poo poo isn't popular either.

yeah the power of acceptance and creation of popular policy are really the hallmarks of Pence's previous and current administrative efforts

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Why give that credit to one of the richest corporate entity on the world instead of a smaller business that actually needs it?

tbf, the way the Excelsior tax credit is written, their eligibility criteria has a floor of like 5 new jobs for someone to be eligible with no ceiling to cap eligibility

the states given out like 6000+ of them since the program started

ed: man this thread moved since I last refreshed

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

BardoTheConsumer posted:

I'd actually like to ask our conservative friend about this one.

Why is it that everything your side accuses the left of doing is stuff that your side actually does?

He's not going to bother responding to you, just like he won't respond to anyone that immediately calls him out on his obvious see through argument poo poo

Is dogdude the same guy who wanted me to feel bad for the rich kid who is having his coked up lawyer sue the internet and the media for infinity billion dollars, because the rich kid had his feelings hurt for being a shithead?

Or was that another chud, I don't remember

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

VitalSigns posted:

If Amazon's projections of $27 billion in tax revenue for the city/state were accurate (which would be a first) why did they need a $3 billion bribe to move there in the first place.

Why did it suddenly become not worth it if they didn't get free money, that only makes sense if they were scamming the city from the outset.

If they don't exert the utmost control over the entire process then some people might start to believe they actual have a say in the matter.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

That seems like a problematic way of describing 70% of black people in NYC, but as a conservative I'm never sure if I'm using the term "problematic" properly.

Interesting argument, how do the rest of your conservative positions poll with black people?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/BrandyZadrozny/status/1100480108752711680

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

VitalSigns posted:

I’ll give you my theory. They never wanted to move to NY at all and even Virginia, had they lost it, was not a big deal. This entire endeavor was about pitting city against city and citizen against citizen as a power move. If they end up going somewhere else, that city will now bend over backwards to let them do whatever they want. That they gave up on NY with so little resistance and effort proved it to me.

Let’s not forget that there have been multiBillion dollar headquarter developments in NY (google) that didn’t require a nationwide Bezos version of the Bachelor to get done.

Shammypants fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 26, 2019

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

VitalSigns posted:

Interesting argument, how do the rest of your conservative positions poll with black people?

Alternately, does he typically base his opinions on polling of people of color?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

pokie posted:

The headline doesn't even cover how hosed up this story is:

quote:

“We were hit with left-wing talking points insisting that voter fraud wasn’t real. Never happens, they said. Well, that fraud just didn’t happen, that modest efforts to ensure that voters who are who they say they are and are voting in the proper place were really some sinister right-wing plot to prevent people from voting,” McConnell said. “So now, as you might expect, now that an incident of very real voter fraud has become national news and the Republican candidate seems ― seems ― to have benefited, these long-standing Democratic talking points have been really quiet.”
So we MUST implement voter ID laws because the Republicans will steal elections even though voter ID laws would have in no way prevented the fraud the Republicans committed.
But also we can't be sure voter fraud has been committed.
Regardless this means we need voter ID laws.
To stop the Democrats from committing voter fraud.
Just disgusting.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

VitalSigns posted:

Here is the poll he is referring to:
https://scri.siena.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/SNY0219-Crosstabs-021219.pdf

Curious what his opinions are on doctor assisted suicide or the census counting non-citizens, both of which I would assume are exactly the same as those supported by a majority of black and hispanic people unless he is just using them as a cudgel to make a point.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shammypants posted:

I’ll give you my theory. They never wanted to move to NY at all and even Virginia, had they lost it, was not a big deal. This entire endeavor was about pitting city against city and citizen against citizen as a power move. If they end up going somewhere else, that city will now bend over backwards to let them do whatever they want. That they gave up on NY with so little resistance and effort proved it to me.

pretty much

from the perspective of a company like amazon which already has branch offices in most major american metros, anointing another large branch office as the Second Headquarters is really just a shakedown to see which local economic development bureau will cough up the most incentives. this is a sensible move on their part as it is likely these jobs will become obsolete or moveable long before the incentives time out

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Are people falling for TDD's "actually I, a person who supports Nazi's, is the woke one" or is it just boredom since there's rarely any conservatives at all in here

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Stereotype posted:

Here is the poll he is referring to:
https://scri.siena.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/SNY0219-Crosstabs-021219.pdf

Curious what his opinions are on doctor assisted suicide or the census counting non-citizens, both of which I would assume are exactly the same as those supported by a majority of black and hispanic people unless he is just using them as a cudgel to make a point.

I'm glad (but a little confused why) you asked - like latinxs and blacks in that poll, I'm against doctor assisted suicide and in favor of a citizenship question during the census.

Was this a gotcha gone horribly wrong because you didn't bother to read it or...?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1100488570643664896

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jaxyon posted:

Are people falling for TDD's "actually I, a person who supports Nazi's, is the woke one" or is it just boredom since there's rarely any conservatives at all in here

TDD is the sacrificial anode for this thread to pick at, were he not debasing himself primarychat would certainly flare up

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Jaxyon posted:

I recently cleared my ignore list, and now I remember why he was on there.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

Jaxyon posted:

Eh. You cant tell the difference between an actual conservative and a troll so you might as well treat the troll as if he's worth arguing with.

For practice if nothing else, since the talking points he uses are the real ones passed down by the think tanks.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

InsertPotPun posted:

The headline doesn't even cover how hosed up this story is:

So we MUST implement voter ID laws because the Republicans will steal elections even though voter ID laws would have in no way prevented the fraud the Republicans committed.
But also we can't be sure voter fraud has been committed.
Regardless this means we need voter ID laws.
To stop the Democrats from committing voter fraud.
Just disgusting.

Because voter ID would make it so your absentee ballot was impervious to being destroyed and the unscrupulous man who picked them up is compelled to drop your ballot off at the proper location. Makes sense.

:shuckyes:

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

I like the picture they used there - was Jim Jordan a giant baby about this too, I wonder?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I'm glad (but a little confused why) you asked - like latinxs and blacks in that poll, I'm against doctor assisted suicide and in favor of a citizenship question during the census.

Good to know, does this deference to people of color extend to every political opinion you hold?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Your Taint posted:

the main reasons for getting disbarred are stealing from your client (usually via the trust fund), committing some felony that you get convicted / plead guilty towards, and just not talking to your clients

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1100484670175805440?s=20