Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Reddit saying it's patched. I wish Rockstar had a sense of humor and could get the voice actor for Lester to answer the phone "Yes, hello, I can find you a plane I AM DEFINITELY NOT WEARING A WIRE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

It's likely they'll wipe the money gained that way once it exceeds some threshold. They won't wipe purchased items, though, unless they ban the account which is highly unlikely for this.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Rad-daddio posted:

good point.

the "gtaglitches" subreddit is claiming that half the players are doing it and "they can't ban us all"

Maybe, but they might reset your account.

Any goons have experience with getting banned or reset?

So I've been playing the same profile through pretty much every glitch.

On 360, some hacker just gave me 100 billion at random for some reason. Then some time on PS4 they 'adjusted' my account and brought my money down.

On PC there were drop lobbies. And exploits where hackers could just inflate your account without your permission. poo poo I had a hacker give me planes for pants that lasted between sessions.

I would be super surprised if they reset your account for getting money via a bug. They'll just take your money.

FuturePastNow posted:

It's likely they'll wipe the money gained that way once it exceeds some threshold. They won't wipe purchased items, though, unless they ban the account which is highly unlikely for this.

Also this. I don't believe their tools are powerful enough to do that. I still own 90% of what's in the game because of my past hackermonies.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

To expand on that, a little over 18 months ago I (and pretty much everyone in PC public sessions) was a beneficiary of the modders dropping money via $50k Securoserv payments. I got about 1.4 billion from this, which was pretty typical of people I know. I figured R* would have some way of detecting it so I laundered some of the money by buying about 60 X80s until I ran out of garage space on two characters. And bought anything else I'd ever want from Elitas or Warstock.

Eventually they did wipe all the money, leaving me with 20k (I'd had about 30 million legit GTA$ before). But I sold all the cars over time (got to pace yourself so you don't trigger the system to detect *that*). There are much more expensive cars you can use to launder money now, too.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

FuturePastNow posted:

To expand on that, a little over 18 months ago I (and pretty much everyone in PC public sessions) was a beneficiary of the modders dropping money via $50k Securoserv payments. I got about 1.4 billion from this, which was pretty typical of people I know. I figured R* would have some way of detecting it so I laundered some of the money by buying about 60 X80s until I ran out of garage space on two characters. And bought anything else I'd ever want from Elitas or Warstock.

Eventually they did wipe all the money, leaving me with 20k (I'd had about 30 million legit GTA$ before). But I sold all the cars over time (got to pace yourself so you don't trigger the system to detect *that*). There are much more expensive cars you can use to launder money now, too.
I should've did this. I was reset to 750k after having a few dozen million. I just like playing car dress up and I only have like 2 million. :(

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Cage posted:

I should've did this. I was reset to 750k after having a few dozen million. I just like playing car dress up and I only have like 2 million. :(

Just max out the nightclub and afk grind it. It's basically 7-8 hundred grand every 24 hours with no work, plus whatever else you might want to do that nets you some income.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yeah, buy all the biker businesses (no need for upgrades) and a nightclub with full upgrades and you'll have a semi-passive permanent income source. Stay out of a MC and you'll dodge the utility bills for those businesses.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Do nightclub sales missions work like ceo cargo missions where you earn exponentially more, the more cargo you have, or is the price per unit always the same no matter what? And does it also do the thing where the missions are harder the more you’re trying to sell, or is it always the same?

I know there are specialty sales that request specific items, but outside of that, I mean

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

^^ No. Kinda. Sort of. Not really

When you go to sell nightclub stuff, you can sell a couple ways.
1. you can sell your ??/50 coke or whatever individual type of item. This is a flat rate of x$ / item
2. you can sell everything in the warehouse, again this is a flat x$ / item. different items are worth different dollars, but theres no volume bonus
3. you always have 3 "special offers" that are like 20 coke + 30 guns + 1 weed if you have enough to cover all of those, it allows you to seel for the flat rate per item of that collection, plus like %5 bonus on top, basically it covers gay tonys cut so its all profit from the sale

edit: depending on total number of items youre selling is what determines which vehicle you use. Speedo van, mid size van(mule?) and the big one(pounder?) It seems like each vehicle type has a couple different sell scenarios it RNG's through. Ive gotten lovely missions on tiny special sales, and easy 1 drop sales on a full warehouse

editedit: My typical routine is when I log in it spawns me in the NC, Ill check the computer and if theres a special sale, ill fire that up just to get the blood flowing, check the lobby temperament, etc. I'm not hurting for money so I don't watch too closely to product level in there. I'm in the garages enough to see the bar at the bottom, when it gets full Ill sell it since theres no real incentive to keeping a full NC. Actually it hurts because as soon as you sell it, it can start producing again

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 26, 2019

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Don't buy the custom pounder or Mule for nightclub sales. Just sell 81 packages or lower at a time with your fully pumped out Custom Speedo and you'll love life.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
This fuckin guy

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

GTA Online: now im little regret

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Medullah posted:

Don't buy the custom pounder or Mule for nightclub sales. Just sell 81 packages or lower at a time with your fully pumped out Custom Speedo and you'll love life.

Love my custom Speedo. The middle one kinda sucks cuz there's no driver-operated weapons I think? And then the big one has driver missiles and passenger missiles. So far the NC sales have the best game mechanic for sales, with being able to customize your vehicle and play the numbers to be able to use it. What I freakin hate about it though is no matter the actual sale scenario, when it's done you just get stranded without your vehicle. I know it's nothing to summon your personal vehicle, but IRL you wouldn't just roll up and say here's your drugs and my van, get it home safe when you're done, thanks! while I just stand around the shady trailer park

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

^^ the middle vehicle Mule does have missiles but only front firing, the Speedo and Pounder have driver aimable turrets (clarification)

More fun with RC!
I saw that a business battle started and it was the Gone in 60 Seconds one(break into Simeons lot and steal Ellie) so I drove to the back parking lot by the keypad and ditched my car. Summoned up the RC and hid it in the weeds and waited for someone to come claim it. When someone came and was hacking the door, I rolled up and blew him up. He shouted about hackers and left lol. The 1:00 cooldown passed and I summoned it up again, and waited again. Someone else came so I let them open the door this time, go in and deal with the NPCs. When he rolled out in the target car, I blew that up too, grabbed one of the bags and took off. He was all sorts of confused

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

it's really really easy to blow up your Mule with its own missiles since the enemies who attack on sales are determined to ram you off the road

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

FuturePastNow posted:

it's really really easy to blow up your Mule with its own missiles since the enemies who attack on sales are determined to ram you off the road
I've found land mines more useful than any other weapons on delivery missions

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I’ve made 123 million off of my warehouse and 15 million off just the nightclub. I only have the Speedo and the pounder... never needed the mule afaik.

It’s a ritual now that, after a sale, I call up my CEO Sanchez and ride it to the nearest airport or whatever, lol.

Just bought the slamvan (forget the upgraded name) arena car last night... seems to be a turd but kinda fun to drive. Pops wheelies for days. One thing annoys me though: the engine looks cool as hell because it’s mounted in reverse on the back of the truck... spinning belts and pillows and such. BUT, the heavy armor completely covers it up! What a waste :(

I only have one arena car remaining to buy: the impaler. I kinda want them all, so I’m sure I’ll buy it soon but I’m prepared to be disappointed. It doesn’t seem to have anything that makes it special or unique.

Now I’m little regret

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

But do you have all of them in each of the themes? Just f'ing LOL at R* for giving 12 vehicles, and only 11 garage spots on each floor. There goes the ability to have a Future garage, a Nightmare garage, and an Apocalypse garage!

Looks like Arena War has dropped off of the double $ and RP boards, so that'll never be heard from again

The Impaler isn't terribly exciting. I made a future one and removed all the weapons and armor, and it makes a decent entry in my 60s/70s muscle garage, along with the Vamos, Tulip, and a couple other of the big heavy cars. It's fast and wheelie-riffic. Some of the future cars have neat glowy bits, I think this one is an outline behind the grille and rear bumper? This one looks pretty customizable at LSC if you don't upgrade it, so if you need a lowered pseudo-Impala, you're in luck!

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

But do you have all of them in each of the themes? Just f'ing LOL at R* for giving 12 vehicles, and only 11 garage spots on each floor. There goes the ability to have a Future garage, a Nightmare garage, and an Apocalypse garage!

Looks like Arena War has dropped off of the double $ and RP boards, so that'll never be heard from again

The Impaler isn't terribly exciting. I made a future one and removed all the weapons and armor, and it makes a decent entry in my 60s/70s muscle garage, along with the Vamos, Tulip, and a couple other of the big heavy cars. It's fast and wheelie-riffic. Some of the future cars have neat glowy bits, I think this one is an outline behind the grille and rear bumper? This one looks pretty customizable at LSC if you don't upgrade it, so if you need a lowered pseudo-Impala, you're in luck!

Hell no I don’t have all of them in all 3 themes lol

All of them are nightmare except for future shock z and apocalypse Cerberus

Clown horn on most FTW

Dunderhead
Dec 31, 2003
Airdisc^2
I still had an invite only game going with the Lester glitch 1.0 from around Saturday (bought cars each day for my garages for future DLCs), but I accidentally put my system into rest mode earlier while switching controllers.

If anyone is still in a glitched session that can add me on PSN (username is dunderhead), I'd be very grateful. :q:

If not oh well

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Had some weird stuff happening last night, where my customed RC Bandit was spawning as the default every time. I even went in and changed out the body kit, paint, livery, etc, and it would still show up as the default. And then it went back to how it was supposed to be, which was after I'd changed it a bunch and forgot what I left it with, ended up being some pink monstrosity, so I'll need to go change that back. The body kit does make a difference- the van is the tallest and it has trouble getting under cars, but the default body is lower and slides right under

Thats a bad picture for scale since its the super limo and not a regular sized car lol

RIP Lester

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I forgot this game allowed you to design your own emblems.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Are there any other 4x4-ish, jeep-y vehicles with a lot of rollbar and pipe options? Filling in some theme stuff and need one to go along with a Mesa, Insurgent, and Barrage. The 4th was a Nightshark but it doesn't really fit in with the others so it's been relocated

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Are there any other 4x4-ish, jeep-y vehicles with a lot of rollbar and pipe options? Filling in some theme stuff and need one to go along with a Mesa, Insurgent, and Barrage. The 4th was a Nightshark but it doesn't really fit in with the others so it's been relocated

Kamacho!

The bronco thing does too, i think.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Kamacho was the last one I purchased too, it's pretty fun to drive and has a lot of customization!

Also I've made about a half million bucks doing 2x contact missions the past few days, conveniently about the base price of a Kamacho!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Kamacho is very cool. I started w the retro graphics on it(that one above looks tight) but changed it to red with the red lights, looks fantastic in the mountains at night. It's great for creeping up on people with the lights off and then turning them on full blast
I think I checked this one before but it didn't do the trick. I'm trying for an all black body and lime green on the pipes, looks neat in the dark with not seeing the body

There's a couple cars with big bars, but they feel out of place with the other huge vehicles

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Anyone else excited for GTA Online 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNkCYf78a_8

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

This week's bonus is double money for good sport bonuses, and they're draining people who used the Lester glitch's bank accounts. Who says Rockstar doesn't have a sense of humor.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Medullah posted:

This week's bonus is double money for good sport bonuses, and they're draining people who used the Lester glitch's bank accounts. Who says Rockstar doesn't have a sense of humor.

Even Daddy Rockstar gets it right from time to time :allears:

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Is anyone still playing this

I just started. I bought the criminal enterprise pack and I'm trying to figure out how to do literally anything, help

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Is anyone still playing this

I just started. I bought the criminal enterprise pack and I'm trying to figure out how to do literally anything, help

What platform?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Never really looked at the criminal starter pac. This is from the store site so your properties might vary

maze west bank for CEO office, this is over on the west side near the boardwalk pier. this is where you can start crate missions(if you buy a crate warehouse) or import/export missions(if you buy an IE warehouse). Go to the computer in the office and under 'special cargo' or 'vehicle cargo' is where you can buy these warehouses. both are pretty steady sources of income, I/E is a little more liquid

paleto forest bunker. This is where you can do research to unlock upgraded weapons and stuff, and do gunrunning weapons sales. when you go to the computer here and assign your staff, I wouldn't worry about research yet, at least until you are able to buy a MOC big rig, or avenger plane, etc

great chapparl biker clubhouse, storage for 10 bikes, can do biker missions from here
senora desert cash factory, this goes with the biker clubhouse. steal supplies and let them cook and then sell from here

house on san vitas - 2 or 6 car garage for car storage
exceptionalist way apartment - 10 car storage and pretty sure this is a "high end" apartment so you can start heists from here. Once you get to level 12? 20? something reasonable, Lester will start bugging you about it. Good source of cash and actual GAMEPLAY

The bunker and cash factory will be the "starter" businesses. Go to each of them, find the computer, and then find a button that says 'Steal Supplies'. Do this a few times and it will fill the supply bar. After time, the supplies get turned into product. Once you get some product accumulated, you can sell that for money. Might need to steal some more supplies to get all the way to full product. While these are percolating, that's a good time to check out the CEO and motorcycle side missions to make a few more bucks(headhunter, sightseer, etc are pretty basic hunt&kill and collect the dots missions that take 5-10 minutes)

Keep an eye on the weekly sales(at the R* social website) for when various upgrades and big stuff is on sale. These are usally changed on tuesday morning but recently have been on thursday, is that ever going back, or did RDR2 claim tuesday for good now?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Goon discord is a bit dead. Any interest in a friendly night of racing/shooting/sumoing this playlist?

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/pc/jobs/job/lNiGLTshmUKUife9_8ZYnA

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

always, I'm TheChimi on SC

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Ziploc posted:

Goon discord is a bit dead.

They banned all the people who still play.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

This one puts me in a moral grey area. If there's no HOTDOG STAND plate, does it count as HOTDOG STAND themed?

And this dude I just didnt like the way he looked at me so i headbutted his stupid fuckin hat right off him

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Also lol last night I was real high and had my zebra donk out. I was doing some hydraulics but it just wasn't popping so I took it to Bennys to get it more power, but freaked out when I didn't even see hydraulics on the menu. I took it to my guy at the Arena Club, still not there. Parked it and brought it back out and tried again, still not there. Took another lowrider and it had all the options. Brought it back in and changed out the headlights(thinking that maybe putting the colored ones on it at Arena would nullify the bennys options) but still nothing. I was just dumbfounded and thought R* broke some poo poo but nobody had found it yet. Wasn't until this morning that I remembered that if you go w the donk option at the initial upgrade, it has a little bounce but you can't change it

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
Has anyone recently been able to properly enter the spectator box from their Arena Workshop? For the past several weeks, every time I try to enter it, it just makes me host my own Arena War activity. And if I go into the options menu and turn off the join event in progress option, it just hangs out on a loading screen forever when I try to enter. Is it possible that Arena War is so unpopular it just can't find anyone to have me spectate?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Phweengee posted:

Has anyone recently been able to properly enter the spectator box from their Arena Workshop? For the past several weeks, every time I try to enter it, it just makes me host my own Arena War activity. And if I go into the options menu and turn off the join event in progress option, it just hangs out on a loading screen forever when I try to enter. Is it possible that Arena War is so unpopular it just can't find anyone to have me spectate?

I've never gotten that to work, always just the 'can't find a session to spectate' message. Found a few people posting about this and they say to hit ESC then Online/Options/Matchmaking/Open which should then allow you to walk into the door and spectate a match already in progress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012

I've never gotten that to work, always just the 'can't find a session to spectate' message. Found a few people posting about this and they say to hit ESC then Online/Options/Matchmaking/Open which should then allow you to walk into the door and spectate a match already in progress

Indeed, that was my problem, thank you. After making that change, it only took another hour loading into 3 games that ended before the spectator box was even drawn, and my dealing with multiple zone reloads, and 2 infinite loading screens, before I got it to work on the 4th attempt which lasted all of 15 seconds.