Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

Was there a Baby Boom in the UK and if so can Brexit be delayed until enough of them die to create a Remain majority?

Has anyone done the math on how many points Leave loses per month by sheer attrition?

1350 per day.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/final-say-remain-leave-second-referendum-brexit-no-deal-crossover-day-a8541576.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

Was there a Baby Boom in the UK and if so can Brexit be delayed until enough of them die to create a Remain majority?

Has anyone done the math on how many points Leave loses per month by sheer attrition?

yeah it’s supposed to roughly be 52-48 in remains favour based on extrapolating the vote to “today’s” population, but maybe all this “bad treatment” by the EU has turned off a majority of remain voters ? also brexit means brexit

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Squalid posted:

brexit is like one of those monkey traps where they put a peanut in a narrow mouthed jar and when the monkey reaches in and grasps the peanut it's fist is now too wide to pull out

You just want to say "come on man, just let go of the brexit, you can literally just walk away." Meanwhile the UK is flopping around, twisting about and making GBS threads on itself

What makes this analogy even better is that the peanut is not actually even a peanut, it's a piece of poo poo

But the monkey wasn't sure, so after some thinking 52% of its brain decided that the thing in the jar is actually the most delicious treat and it must have it

There are many ways in which this monkey is not the smartest creature around

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

holy moly he's aged ghoulishly

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Willie Tomg posted:

it's the thin line of moustache hair that does it

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Willie Tomg posted:

The angry spirits of one million dead Iraqis visit him every night.

His only escape to show the world he was correct, he couldn't have won if he was actually left wing, he had to go to war. Corbynism must be destroyed. Only then will the ghosts be silent.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Jel Shaker posted:

yeah it’s supposed to roughly be 52-48 in remains favour based on extrapolating the vote to “today’s” population, but maybe all this “bad treatment” by the EU has turned off a majority of remain voters ? also brexit means brexit

It's britain so you've got to factor in a significant number of people who voted remain the first time, but will vote leave the second time because 'it won.'

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
we will always be at war with brexit

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress you splitters mostly joking. Also, what are the chances of a second referendum being successful?

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 23:39 on Feb 26, 2019

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

are any of the papers reporting that a '6-9% shrinking of the economy over a decade' just means a gigantic recession

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Farm Frenzy posted:

'6-9% shrinking

nice

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

look its really cold when you cant afford to top up the gas meter

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 17 days!)

Farm Frenzy posted:

are any of the papers reporting that a '6-9% shrinking of the economy over a decade' just means a gigantic recession

It could also mean a massive depression that hasn't fully recovered within a decade.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Deeply disappointed you brits are cowardly kicking the can. You guys fought somewhat in a war of the worlds. Take your victory exit like champions.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Farm Frenzy posted:

I tell ya what won’t be shrinking :wink:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Jel Shaker posted:

I tell ya what won’t be shrinking :wink:

the mold on the jam?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The Brexit saga is just a modern reimagining of ASOIAF if you think about it and the last two books The Winds of Brexit and A Dream of Food are never coming out, just like Brexit

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Willie Tomg posted:

The weight of a million dead Iraqis hanging onto what's left of his conscience adds up.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

incoherent posted:

Deeply disappointed you brits are cowardly kicking the can. You guys fought somewhat in a war of the worlds. Take your victory exit like champions.

i believe its called "kicking the tin" accross the pond

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

“I can’t wait for Theresa May to sell her house. I’ll offer £1. She’ll probably say ‘I’ll take 50p.’”

Lmfao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/1100378813089894400

the horror....

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

namesake posted:

The angry spirits of one million dead Iraqis visit him every night.

His only escape to show the world he was correct, he couldn't have won if he was actually left wing, he had to go to war. Corbynism must be destroyed. Only then will the ghosts be silent.

blair's entire post-iraq life has been trying to justify his genocide to himself

corbyn warded him off for a long-rear end time by saying "shouldn't you be in front of the hague you murderous gently caress" when he popped up but i guess he's starting to develop immunity

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
kinda funny, the extra two months just means more time for corporations to relocate out of the UK

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

brugroffil posted:

But her deal is terrible and everyone hates it

Yes but it's the one she negotiated so either we accept it or we get catastrophe because she is unwilling to change it

She despises immigrants and is a huge racist

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the deep state getting involved

https://twitter.com/markcurtis30/status/1100680432121720832

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/MirrorPolitics/status/1100515854159151105

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

oh my god

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yinlock posted:

blair's entire post-iraq life has been trying to justify his genocide to himself

corbyn warded him off for a long-rear end time by saying "shouldn't you be in front of the hague you murderous gently caress" when he popped up but i guess he's starting to develop immunity

Unusually for a brit he is very religious so out of everyone in the world he can guarantee he's going to burn in hell for eternity unless it turns out killing a million people and devastating an entire region in a sick war of aggression was part of gods plan and actually good

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jose posted:

Yes but it's the one she negotiated so either we accept it or we get catastrophe because she is unwilling to change it

She despises immigrants and is a huge racist

Let's not mince words, she's gone full sephiroth

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Unusually for a brit he is very religious so out of everyone in the world he can guarantee he's going to burn in hell for eternity unless it turns out killing a million people and devastating an entire region in a sick war of aggression was part of gods plan and actually good

He kept his extreme fundamentalist Catholicism to himself until he left office and converted.

Fucker launched a crusade and shows why the Catholic faith is evil and why we need to keep anyone religious out of power

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Hentai Jihadist posted:

unless it turns out killing a million people and devastating an entire region in a sick war of aggression was part of gods plan and actually good

Doesn't seem implausible tbf

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

that is some dismal looking chicken

e: oh, and everyone who depends on life saving medication is in real jeopardy :stare:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I mean that company is DHL which is a global logistics company.

it's not some tin pot operation even if they did gently caress up the chicken.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

that is some dismal looking chicken

It's never been that dark when I've seen it in person.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Probably as worthwhile a thing to do as anything the tory party has tried to do over the past few years if not significantly more so.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
reality: britane falls through the EU and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

hakimashou posted:

It's britain so you've got to factor in a significant number of people who voted remain the first time, but will vote leave the second time because 'it won.'

That's not a 'Brit' thing, that's a humanity thing.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

So you guys are renewing Brexit for another season? It’s been a great comedy but I dunno if there’s enough material to go on...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

The EU scissor kicking the gun Britain was holding against their temple out of its hand but Britain still had a knife and is now stabbing itself. A slower death, but no less final.

Brexit will in fact mean Brexit.