Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Given that it's a cat, that's actually blood drained from its owner - not coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

Maneck posted:

Given that it's a cat, that's actually blood drained from its owner - not coffee.

Don't be stupid. Nobody owns cats. You just host them.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cobbsprite posted:

Don't be stupid. Nobody owns cats. You just host them.

Bullshit.

This little rear end in a top hat has my name and phone number on a microchip injected into his flesh. That's about as owned as something can be:

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Carth Dookie posted:

Bullshit.

This little rear end in a top hat has my name and phone number on a microchip injected into his flesh. That's about as owned as something can be:

Who paid for that? And who is now bound to receive it back once found as it does whatever the gently caress it wants? That chip acknowledges that you do not own the cat if anything else. I agree, you are about as owned as something can be.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Carth Dookie posted:

Bullshit.

That is the smuggest Mango pic ever.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

look at dem fukken ears

e: seriously your cat looks like it could fly with those things

Klyith fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Feb 24, 2019

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

You've got it all backwards, my friendo. That cat has a leash connected to you. And you're the idiot that paid to have it installed.

Also your idiot housemate is gorgeous and I love 'em.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

whats the final tally on burn jita this year

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I heard 500b+. We called it pretty early because targets were drying up and AUTZ is weird for miniluv .

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Hexel posted:

whats the final tally on burn jita this year

It's gonna be way *way* down from last year... Partly because freighter pilots continue to ship smaller and smaller cargo in their enormous slow ships. For example, IMO this is the funniest kill of the year. 180m of tags in a cargo expanded freighter. :laugh:

But also it was much shorter. Last year I'm pretty sure the streak of every BJ being bigger than the last only stayed unbroken because the MiniLuv guys were absolutely insane and kept burning for like 100 hours straight. I remember being up real late on sunday last year, this year they ended before midnight.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

DisgracelandUSA posted:

I heard 500b+. We called it pretty early because targets were drying up and AUTZ is weird for miniluv .

not bad considering freighter traffic is less than half of what it was last year at this time

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

freighter traffic is less than half of what it was last year at this time

is this a product of over-fishing or is the game dead

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

not bad considering freighter traffic is less than half of what it was last year at this time

Agreed, I couldn't be happier with the result despite having virtually zero involvement outside of f1 monkeying a dozen or so freighters.

Way to go guys :toot:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Hexel posted:

Part of it (not sure how much) is that we've sucked a nontrivial portion of the economy into Delve, trading included. Goons simply need to use Jita less, on average.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Explosion Simulator 2K19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i58_D1FmkKY

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

man the number of gevlon goblin cargo culters going apoplectic about the "buy skillbooks through the character sheet" change is astounding

TigerXtrm
Feb 2, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Part of it (not sure how much) is that we've sucked a nontrivial portion of the economy into Delve, trading included. Goons simply need to use Jita less, on average.

Does any of it have to do with the player run trading hubs around Jita? Has trading traffic moved there at all?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

TigerXtrm posted:

Does any of it have to do with the player run trading hubs around Jita? Has trading traffic moved there at all?

I have no idea. The "controversy" is that the added convenience of being able to buy and automagically inject common skillbooks directly from the character sheet will dilute/eliminate the viability of moving skillbooks from school stations to market hubs for profit. Nevermind that CCP is affixing a surcharge to the convenient option to still allow for trading.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

man the number of gevlon goblin cargo culters going apoplectic about the "buy skillbooks through the character sheet" change is astounding

that in the official forums? the reddits seem fairly sanguine about it.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

my theory: jita is now where all the luxury goods trade happens. the bulk goods like ore & hulls are increasingly being made closer to where they'll be used. Delve is a big part of that, but so is the meta being all caps all the time. all those carriers are being produced in null or lowsec.

the number of freighters we killed during BJ that were hauling stuff that would have easily fit in a DST was pretty amazing. I guess there are just a lot of people playing space trucker that use their freighter for everything.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

They're also taking a pass at prices. I really hope that basic stuff stays the same or gets cheaper, since I'm sure a number of people are going to go whole hog and buy them all up assuming that all prices are going up.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CainFortea posted:

They're also taking a pass at prices. I really hope that basic stuff stays the same or gets cheaper, since I'm sure a number of people are going to go whole hog and buy them all up assuming that all prices are going up.

they should go up like 2-5x, but doing that is, uh, troublesome for something that is seeded by npcs

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Klyith posted:

that in the official forums? the reddits seem fairly sanguine about it.

Yeah: https://forums.eveonline.com/t/devblog-skills-on-demand-changes-coming-to-the-skill-system/142588

Here you can read about Eve is only a game for smart people, and that dumbing down the game by removing tedium is going to attract the wrong type of people, such as dumbs, women, and minorities.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yeah: https://forums.eveonline.com/t/devblog-skills-on-demand-changes-coming-to-the-skill-system/142588

Here you can read about Eve is only a game for smart people, and that dumbing down the game by removing tedium is going to attract the wrong type of people, such as dumbs, women, and minorities.

Very early on in my eve career, I realized that the hubs that gave out missions didn't have skill books I needed, and so I should probably buy those skill books and seed the market. So on the one hand, they are reducing the need for that.

On the other, the ISK/effort ratio of actually doing that, compared to almost any other money making opportunity in EVE was awful. You're depending on newbies to have isk which they don't have. Good riddance.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Hexel posted:

yes to all

highsec suffers first when game dies, highsec traffic is down to a fraction of what it was 2 years ago, and compared to 4 years ago it's pathetic

game is actually dying/dead now, good job ccp

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

yes to all

highsec suffers first when game dies, highsec traffic is down to a fraction of what it was 2 years ago, and compared to 4 years ago it's pathetic

game is actually dying/dead now, good job ccp

"Pay no attention to that MER behind the curtain!"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

CainFortea posted:

Listen you, the interweb is no place for facts and rational discourse.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Did people piss and moan like this when they got rid of "clone levels", skill loss on death, and learning skills?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

Did people piss and moan like this when they got rid of "clone levels", skill loss on death, and learning skills?

They did!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

CainFortea posted:

or the fact zkill is down 30% from last year

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Rutibex posted:

:ccp: We are doing away with learning skills. Here’s all your sp back so you can use them however you want.

:eve: That sucks! My tedium! My pointlessness! Waaaaa!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Agrikk posted:

:ccp: We are doing away with learning skills. Here’s all your sp back so you can use them however you want.

:eve: That sucks! My tedium! My pointlessness! Waaaaa!

A LOT of Eve players feel that the time they've spent doing X, Y, and Z should pay dividends in perpetuity, and especially if they did X Y and Z before most other players. You see this mentality pop up in probably the greater majority of whines that you come across.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

A LOT of Eve players feel that the time they've spent doing X, Y, and Z should pay dividends in perpetuity, and especially if they did X Y and Z before most other players. You see this mentality pop up in probably the greater majority of whines that you come across.

eve players are some of the most entitled whiny bitch rear end babies youll come across

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

eve players are some of the most entitled whiny bitch rear end babies youll come across

This is peak Eve, though

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
On one hand, good loving ridance of having to jumpclone to highsec, get in a shuttle, undock and find the "closest" station that has the skillbooks you want, navigate between 5-15 jumps, then repeat that for some weapon skillbooks, also getting smartbombed or killed by some butt that spends 23 hours a day poopsocking on gates and station undocks with 23115 faction sebos, then you wake up in your nullsec station and scream about having to do it all over again. This also makes it easier for newbies to get their skillbooks without attracting the attention of griefers.

On the otherhand, they might make skillbooks more expensive to balance having to go to 5 different stations each 5-15 jumps from each other.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

SugarAddict posted:

On the otherhand, they might make skillbooks more expensive to balance having to go to 5 different stations each 5-15 jumps from each other.

At the very least, you pay a convenience fee if you use the in-character-sheet way of buying skillbooks.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I admit having felt that way at first when they removed learning skills. I sat and waited months for all of them to reach 5 before starting to learn other things.

Except for cybernetics skills so i could have some learning implants.

In retrospect, doing this was pretty loving dumb and pointless.

Norfolks Given
Jan 3, 2019

Looks to me like enabling tech to unlock the cashcow of in-game plex-> sp upgrade to direct monetise the now accepted skill injector whales. ‘Want Titan V now? Click here, 2500 plex to unlock!’

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

how much real world bux would it cost to inject a titan pilot from scratch and buy a hull

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

or the fact zkill is down 30% from last year

it seems like most of the people I know who "play" eve are now just people who maintain an active sub and play other games together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Hexel posted:

how much real world bux would it cost to inject a titan pilot from scratch and buy a hull

probably twice as much this time next year