Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

You mean to tell me STOG is not in fact a lady?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I thought all of them were women

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Bunnybread is sexy, and I'm not gay, ergo she's a woman.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Bunnybread is sexy, and I'm not gay, ergo she's a woman.

I've got some news for you

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Bunnybread is a guycanthrope, like Sherlock

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The number of people who hear Portaxx as a guy honestly baffles me.

Maybe it's the accent?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

idgi all the ridiculists are just disembodied voices who live in my phone :confused:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Now that I know, I can totally hear it and feel stupid about it. I work in a call center and I've talked to plenty of Women that I thought were Men and vice versa so I should learn by now never to assume anything.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Ah yes, the job which gave me a habit of never ever using gendered pronouns without getting a name first

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

2house2fly posted:

Ah yes, the job which gave me a habit of never ever using gendered pronouns without getting a name first

Haha been there done that.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It kinda annoys me when people make a big deal about someone getting a voice-only person's gender identity mixed up. Like, cisgender people *suck* at determining intended gender even in person, why would having even less information do anything to improve the situation.

(I do wish there were more ladies on F-plus sometimes tho Portaxx and STOG aren't enough)

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Good news, there are least four others

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It's one of the reasons that I love episodes with Squiddy, because she's just this bemused Midwestern mom who loves Courtney Stodden going "sure, I guess I'll read this internet pervert's shoplifting tips."

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Squiddy completely sandbagging the Ballpit plug at the end of one episode is still one of my favourite non-document moments.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
New episode(s) when?!

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

Benny the Snake posted:

New episode(s) when?!

Last I heard, they said they were behind on editing but something should be out soon.

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Midjack posted:

Ever seen a fat Super Sayian come?

Sham bam bamina! posted:

That was a John bit.

OK what episode is this. It's driving me nuts, I remember it drives Lemon nuts, but can't remember the episode.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
215: Oculus Cruft

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Thank you. I was skipping that episode as I didn’t remember that bit in it. I remember kumquat talking about the girls he hosed but not the super sayain line

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I never realized flashlight enthusiasts were a thing

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit smurfed up a smurfcast!

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Frank West slowly fading away while reading was so goddamn funny that I smurfed myself. It’s amazing that everyone had such good timing and chemistry while getting through one word salad saga after another.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

ParserGirl posted:

Frank West slowly fading away while reading was so goddamn funny that I smurfed myself. It’s amazing that everyone had such good timing and chemistry while getting through one word salad saga after another.

This is seriously the best feedback I ever could have hoped for. :D So glad you liked it!

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

It was great, I am concerned about Lesbiathan, she seems to be overcome with all this bizarre stuff. I won't forget Smurfette dreams and Glovey in a hurry, it's as if they realized no one had "value-added" this property yet and got to serious work. The depth of "lore" was worse than a Tolkien appendix!

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
https://medium.com/@Eldritchhat/fandom-plus-metacommentary-on-terrible-things-read-with-enthusiasm-28de9d13343e

Someone wrote a long scholarly type article on the podcast

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

quote:

Many are also current members of Something Awful, a popular forum...

what is this poorly researched nonsense?!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

quote:

I know from personal experience that you can still develop unhealthy, parasocial relationships with any one of the readers despite the ways in which the podcast mocks such things.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that somebody has a stalker but I am anyway.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Midjack posted:

I’m Stog-kin

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Midjack posted:

I mean, who wouldn't want to be woken up by a shouty serenade by Kumquatxop!?

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I told a fellow goon about the article so they decided to google "f plus medium" and this was one of the top results:

(slightly NSFW because of butts) https://www.amazon.com/plus-Jockstrap-Bodywear-Camouflage-Medium/dp/B00ZPLCZ66

The highlight is the product's single one star review, which says "This was very revealing and made me feel like a sexual object."

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
How many F Plus'ers are goons?

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I have no idea, but at the last f-plus live after party, one attendee asked another if they had stairs in their house and about half the people in earshot groaned.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Sitting Here posted:

I have no idea, but at the last f-plus live after party, one attendee asked another if they had stairs in their house and about half the people in earshot groaned.

What are their opinions on bathrooms?

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

ewe2 posted:

What are their opinions on bathrooms?

that it's best to get rid of any pesky engineered beams

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

SalTheBard posted:

A few have accounts but never post outside of rarely in this thread. They're mostly old Portal of Evil people.

Lou used to post a bit, mostly in TCC I think.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SalTheBard posted:

Lou, Bunnybread, Boots, Adam, and Isfahan are the ones I've seen ITT or have mentioned being members in the past.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Lou, Bunnybread, Boots, Adam, and Isfahan are the ones I've seen ITT or have mentioned being members in the past.

there's also one that's posted ~*on this very page*~

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Two, actually, if you're going down that road. Possibly three.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Two, actually, if you're going down that road. Possibly three.

I'm not even talking about Extra Credits people :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jimmyfranks has an account too. I forgot.