Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

This looks so much better than it has any right to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dehry posted:

Yeah you have to local transfer to Generation 5 (Black/White) Then it's one box at a time, constantly swapping between Poke Transporter and Pokemon Bank to clear the transfer box.

From that point you do have a choice of X/Y, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, and (Ultra) Sun/Moon to transfer the older ones. Ultra Sun/Moon is the absolute latest and has 5 new Pokemon in the coding that are unobtainable in regular Sun/Moon :Poipole, Naganadel (Poipole's evolution. Also it can't breed and you only get one,) Stakata, Blacephalon, and Zeraora(Mythical.)

The demos won't work. Though there are some exclusives to transfer over to the retail game.

Yeah, moving all my poo poo to White is what I’m currently doing. I had already previously consolidated most of my stuff on Diamond for some reason so I’m done with SS/Platinum. Now the real bulk transferring (6 at time) beings.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I never played the game, but Charizard and the Aipom have purple eyes. I assume that's important? Being possessed or brainwashed or something?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Macaluso posted:

So I never played the game, but Charizard and the Aipom have purple eyes. I assume that's important? Being possessed or brainwashed or something?

just spitballin here, but I bet Mewtwo made somebody do a crime

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Macaluso posted:

In the game, yeah. Spoilers for the probable plot if they follow the game.

They're infected with Mewtwo's genes which causes them to go berserk and rampage.

You see a lab in the trailer where the evil Greninja squad are emerging from pods where they presumably had procedure so it looks like its following that aspect of the game

Zore fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 26, 2019

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Oxyclean posted:

To be fair we never got a third game or second pair for X/Y, and we didnt have a system switch, so it probably seemed weird to have a Generation switch "so soon"? Granted, we had ORAS and I don't think remakes come before third games.

FRLG came before Emerald

less laughter fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Feb 26, 2019

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

havent played detective pikachu but from bulbapedia i have deduced ryme city is near mountains and has a wharf so i conclude it must be based on the pacific northwest. since it is also a generic new york stand-in in the movie it seems very likely that it is in fact pokemon vancouver

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Zore posted:

Also were those Bidoof crawling on the power lines at 20 seconds?

Joltik as seen from behind. Note the lil blue fingers.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Manticore posted:

Joltik as seen from behind. Note the lil blue fingers.

Yeah, looks like you're right. The coloring was just really putting me off since they look dark brown.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gritty moving up in the world.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zore posted:

In the game, yeah. Spoilers for the probable plot if they follow the game.

They're infected with Mewtwo's genes which causes them to go berserk and rampage.

You see a lab in the trailer where the evil Greninja squad are emerging from pods where they presumably had procedure so it looks like its following that aspect of the game

Lol I'm actually glad they're acknowledging the berserk Gene for the first time in like, 20 years

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

chaosapiant posted:

I think we know "Ryme City" isn't in any current regions, or hasn't been mentioned previously. So my thought is that it's a new region and Ryme City is the new Veridian/Lumiose/WTF ever other main city was in the games. Then fans of the movie can go "cool I want to visit there!" and play the hot new Gen 8 game, and older fans of the franchise can also go "I wish we had a region like that!" and so on.

It will be like Orre or where the Ranger/Puzzle League/various other spin-offs take place, and have zero connection to the main games.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Chill Penguin posted:

It will be like Orre or where the Ranger/Puzzle League/various other spin-offs take place, and have zero connection to the main games.

I don't know. Spinoff games don't have nearly the "new fan" pull a real movie does. This movie has Deadpool as Pikachu, and they are going to want to milk it for all it's worth. With the movie out next month and an announcement tomorrow, it only makes sense that stars are aligning on the gen 8 region as being the same in the movie for better visibility and interest in the brand. I'd also expect, if there's any "exclusive" pokemon in the movie we haven't seen before, that they'll also be in the roster of gen 8r's as well as catchable in Pokémon Go.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Movie is out in May not March

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Movie is out in May not March

drat, you're right. I was excited to see it too and now I've got to wait longer because the movie comes out later than I'd originally thought. That said, the rest of my point still stands.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i don't think there's alot of people who would only be interested in the new pokemon if it had the very generic big city from the movie

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

I always thought that Ludicolo had pineapple skin, but turns out looks more like an Ultraman creature

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Brother Entropy posted:

i don't think there's alot of people who would only be interested in the new pokemon if it had the very generic big city from the movie

I don't think anyone said that?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I think it's supposed to be like the roots of underwater plants. But it also looks a bit like Gritty.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Quick question: can Pokémon use berries if they're already holding a mega stone or a z stone? Or is that out of the question?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

chaosapiant posted:

Quick question: can Pokémon use berries if they're already holding a mega stone or a z stone? Or is that out of the question?

They can't hold two things

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

The Golden Gael posted:

I always thought that Ludicolo had pineapple skin, but turns out looks more like an Ultraman creature

All of his artwork he has like, fur tufts all on his body

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

chaosapiant posted:

I don't think anyone said that?

you basically were, pitching the idea that the new games would get crossover from movie watchers for the setting and not you know, because of the pokemon

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sea Lily posted:

They can't hold two things

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Brother Entropy posted:

you basically were, pitching the idea that the new games would get crossover from movie watchers for the setting and not you know, because of the pokemon

I'm saying that folks who watched the movie might be interested in exploring those lands in the game, and perhaps vice-versa. Nowhere did I suggest that the new movie had to be a game tie-in to generate interest.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Considering the spoons appear out of nowhere as it evolves, I'm willing to believe that it isn't holding the spoons at all, they're part of its body.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

people aren't going to watch the movie and go 'oh i love generic american city', they're going to go 'oh i love pikachu, i love mr mime'

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

in a way ryme city itself is like a character in the movie

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Super No Vacancy posted:

in a way ryme city itself is like a character in the movie

you could say this movie is a love letter to noir detective films

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's like poetry. It Ryme City.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
lewd

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
New pokemon to nickname in 13 hours

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I can't wait for the Fire Starter Chinese Zodiac theory to get completely destroyed.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't even have a switch but i like being there when new things are announced because it's fun

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zuzie posted:

I can't wait for the Fire Starter Chinese Zodiac theory to get completely destroyed.

i don't think foxes or whatever the hell typhlosions are supposed to be are on the chinese zodiac

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

i don't think foxes or whatever the hell typhlosions are supposed to be are on the chinese zodiac

I think they get around Cyndaquil by saying its partially based on a rat. But yeah, even in the most liberal interpretation Fennekin isn't a dog or rabbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The upcoming announcement got me hyped for Pokémon and poke bank needed a newer game so I went ahead and looked into Ultra Sun. Of course Nintendo being Nintendo turns out I needed to make a Nintendo Network account and tie it to a 3DS and once that’s done it’s tied forever to the device unless you transfer to a newer and this is all stupidly complicated for history trying to move my poo poo around and I didn’t want to tie an account to my buddies 3DS.

Long story short I said gently caress it and bought a 2DS XL and now I’m starting Ultra Sun so I can get caught up on Pokémon, transfer my 385 Pokémon from White, and get ready for tomorrow.