Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Were there any changes in the IBO blu-rays? Wondering more about the "expanded epilogue" type than "art fix" kind here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Just started the Daemon x Machina demo and I was about to switch the voices to English because reading is near-impossible while playing then I hit the cutscene at the end of the second mission.

"Diablo" is voiced by Toru Furuya and "Crimson Lord" is Shuichi Ikeda.

I can't switch the voices if I have Amuro and Char on my side.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

"Diablo" is voiced by Toru Furuya and "Crimson Lord" is Shuichi Ikeda.

The names are also a clue.

It's still hosed up that they made Amuro's mech black instead of white, though.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Lemon-Lime posted:

The names are also a clue.

It's still hosed up that they made Amuro's mech black instead of white, though.

His mech is just using Titans colors.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

SMH if they didn't name him El Diablo Blanco.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Clearly, DxM is just the Setsuko route of SRW Z and he'll upgrade later into Nu-Diablo.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Blaze Dragon posted:

Clearly, DxM is just the Setsuko route of SRW Z and he'll upgrade later into Nu-Diablo.

After the deaths of all his friends?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

After the deaths of all his friends?

Almost all of his friends.

In every age, in every place. the immortality of Bright remain the same.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

New Gundam series announced!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjI8sOUeRNI

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's sort of weird to see Gold Frame sandwiched in between two of the most popular protagonist Gundams.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

It's sort of weird to see Gold Frame sandwiched in between two of the most popular protagonist Gundams.

Yeah, it is a bit odd, but it's probably since they wanted to have a girl in the main cast, and the Gold Frame is one of the more popular suits associated with a female pilot.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Yeah, it is a bit odd, but it's probably since they wanted to have a girl in the main cast, and the Gold Frame is one of the more popular suits associated with a female pilot.
I'd argue that Rising, Nobel and Impulse are more popular than Gold Frame, or at least, are what comes to mind when discussing "popular/recognizable mobile suits with female pilots". I mean, Impulse takes things a step further and keeps the theme of protagonist suits intact.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Of course they had to cram the unicorn onto it somehow.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
e: doubled

AradoBalanga posted:

I'd argue that Rising, Nobel and Impulse are more popular than Gold Frame, or at least, are what comes to mind when discussing "popular/recognizable mobile suits with female pilots". I mean, Impulse takes things a step further and keeps the theme of protagonist suits intact.

Nothing from g gundam is even remotely close to be considered "popular", on the scale of Wing or unicorn anyway. If you want that angle try the Gerbera tetra or Qubeley.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Except the Gold Frame is a male character, like it's first pilot.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

Except the Gold Frame is a male character, like it's first pilot.

It is?

Huh. Then I have no idea at all why they picked it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

It is?

Huh. Then I have no idea at all why they picked it.
Shenanigans using Mirage Colloid? Which then leads to question of "Why not use the original Blitz Gundam instead?". The only other thing I can think of that'd make sense is cross promotion with something Astray related. There is a new Astray manga coming up, I think?

Ka0 posted:

Nothing from g gundam is even remotely close to be considered "popular", on the scale of Wing or unicorn anyway. If you want that angle try the Gerbera tetra or Qubeley.
I left those two off because they were in the last SD Gundam Three Kingdoms show (or at the very least, the Qubeley was). I figured Sunrise would want to not repeat Gundams/MS for future titles to avoid confusion.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

Shenanigans using Mirage Colloid? Which then leads to question of "Why not use the original Blitz Gundam instead?". The only other thing I can think of that'd make sense is cross promotion with something Astray related. There is a new Astray manga coming up, I think?

I left those two off because they were in the last SD Gundam Three Kingdoms show (or at the very least, the Qubeley was). I figured Sunrise would want to not repeat Gundams/MS for future titles to avoid confusion.

Wow, Wing Zero hasn't been done before? That's a huge surprise to me.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AradoBalanga posted:

It's OK I came off rude on that comment, please don't misunderstand me.

ImpAtom posted:

The way Bandai has handled Wing is nothing short of shameful. It's certainly up there with the big fat popular franchises, and we've only just recently started getting grunt gunpla kits and no other media save for a side cameo ala Build Fighters. I wish I could grab the whole board of directors and throw them off a airplane midflight with the chairs and table attached.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ka0 posted:

The way Bandai has handled Wing is nothing short of shameful. It's certainly up there with the big fat popular franchises, and we've only just recently started getting grunt gunpla kits and no other media save for a side cameo ala Build Fighters. I wish I could grab the whole board of directors and throw them off a airplane midflight with the chairs and table attached.

Remember to shoot them in midair, just to be sure.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

You can tell how much I watched the show, because I literally forgot that. And even read and posted in an LP thread where said series was featured, no less. :ughh:

Ka0 posted:

To be honest, you should also throttle Heero's VA/noted super fan Hikaru Midorikawa as well. You'd think he'd have enough pull within the company (given how easy it is to hire him for gigs) to at least have some influence over the Gunpla division, but apparently that isn't the case.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ka0 posted:

In fairness, there's also the long running novel and manga series

taichara
May 9, 2013

c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

AradoBalanga posted:

If you have a source or even a semi-source for another new Astray series I'd greatly appreciate it; I was all but certain that Sky Princess was the end of the road.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

taichara posted:

If you have a source or even a semi-source for another new Astray series I'd greatly appreciate it; I was all but certain that Sky Princess was the end of the road.
I was thinking of Sky Princess, since I had no idea that the Astray series was still going after all these years until someone posted a tankoubon cover earlier in the thread. My bad.

Still wouldn't stop Sunrise from half-assing a tie-in into SD Gundam, though.

taichara
May 9, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

I was thinking of Sky Princess, since I had no idea that the Astray series was still going after all these years until someone posted a tankoubon cover earlier in the thread. My bad.

Still wouldn't stop Sunrise from half-assing a tie-in into SD Gundam, though.

No worries! And on that that note, in fact, is this Chiba (the other half of the usual Astray team) saying he's planning to restart Astray works himself?

https://twitter.com/chibaastray/status/1101098613982191617

Maybe you're more right than you realized, ha.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I see this statue like every week:

I doubt anybody knows what it is. :v:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The V2 got thicc.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Thats an incredible weathering job

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019
https://en.gundam.info/about-gundam/series-pages/builddivers/gbwc/0-a.html

Turns out Build Divers has sidestories on GundamInfo and these are possibly the wildest things I have ever read:

quote:

“He destroyed us with one shot… He’s as strong as the devil…”

“Exactly. I am the one who owns the abyss of GBN and rules over darkness. I am the all-seeing, all-knowing fallen angel…Louis XIII.” A quiet voice echoed throughout their cockpits.

”Louis XIII…?!”

Barely managing to stay afloat, Carl said in surprise, “Do you happen to be… Are you…?”

“You’re a middle schooler, aren’t you?” Tim shouted with all of his remaining strength.

A pause that felt like an eternity ensued.

”…W-why do you know that?”

“Your name gives it away. Let me guess, eighth grade?”

“N-no! I am the true heir of Satan and the master of dark and light Lucifer’sー”

“Oh, then tell me the answer to the infinitesimal calculus problem I’m about to ask you!” Carl poured salt into Louis XIII’s wound.

“I haven’t learned that in class yet!”

“He’s definitely a middle schooler.”

“I, the master, have reservations for cram school, and will log out now.”

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

What the hell, that quote alone was already far better than the entirety of Build Divers. Did they have an actual writer they locked inside a cell until now or something?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

taichara posted:

No worries! And on that that note, in fact, is this Chiba (the other half of the usual Astray team) saying he's planning to restart Astray works himself?

https://twitter.com/chibaastray/status/1101098613982191617

Maybe you're more right than you realized, ha.

Yes and no. He starts off by saying that with Vol. 4 on sale that for now this is the end of Chiba/Tokita Astray as published in Gundam Ace magazine. Unless Vol. 4 sells REALLY well. Though he and Tokita won't be working together, they will both continue to produce their own works and Chiba will be planning a revival for Astray in secret.

So don't hold your breath for now.

taichara
May 9, 2013

RillAkBea posted:

Yes and no. He starts off by saying that with Vol. 4 on sale that for now this is the end of Chiba/Tokita Astray as published in Gundam Ace magazine. Unless Vol. 4 sells REALLY well. Though he and Tokita won't be working together, they will both continue to produce their own works and Chiba will be planning a revival for Astray in secret.

So don't hold your breath for now.

That works for me, cheers. Especially since, if I'm honest, I kiiiiind of think Astray needs to sleep at this point in any case.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blaze Dragon posted:

What the hell, that quote alone was already far better than the entirety of Build Divers. Did they have an actual writer they locked inside a cell until now or something?

My theory is the director or writer was given free reign to make a Build X show, and he used it as a platform for his own pet project about Sarah the magic VR fairy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Origin is getting the Re:0096 treatment

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

So I've been playing through Gihren's Greed for the Saturn recently and I wanted to ask - is there any interest in starting up a Gihren's Greed Megathread in Games? I saw that the old LP back from 2014 got a decent amount of attention (mine included), so I thought there might be some interest even though the series is more or less dead at this point. I've got about half an OP written up, but I really only know the Saturn original and nothing about the other four games that came after it (even if the 5th is technically a remake of the first, there's enough differences to consider it a separate game). So if there is interest, I'd be happy to get the ball rolling with the original game and add content from there.

I'm currently working through a Zeon playthrough right now - I'll probably do Zeon then Federation and then see what the append disc holds for me. It's seriously the best $5 I've ever spent on a video game, let alone a Saturn game.

If nothing else, it could serve as a good resource/starting point for people interested because there is a desperate lack of such materials in English across the internet.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Gihren's Greed has always interested me ever since I saw Ramba Ral's blue Dom.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

McTimmy posted:

Gihren's Greed has always interested me ever since I saw Ramba Ral's blue Dom.

Apparently in one game he even has a blue Zakrello! Dude just loves his blue mobile suits/armors. Fun fact: He will also change what he says depending on what MS he is in at the time. If he's in a Gouf, he'll say the classic 'This is no Zaku!' line. If he's in a Dom, it will change into 'This is no Gouf!' and so on and so forth.

Spoilers, because Ramba Ral and Doms actually have a significant impact in-game that people might want to be surprised by:
If you've researched Doms by the time Ral does his second sortie against White Base (the first destroys his team's Gouf and Zakus, as seen in the show, so he asks you for a resupply), you have the option of overriding Kycilia/M'Quve and giving him said Doms. He puts them to very good use - with them he is able to successfully destroy the Gundam and capture White Base, the Guncannon, and the Guntank (which also gives you their plans for research/production - given that I've stolen all of two plans (none of which are guaranteed to be good) about a third of the way through the game, having three plans for Very Good Federation tech is a big deal). Plus, he and the rest of his team survive!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gripweed posted:

The Origin is getting the Re:0096 treatment

So in other words: a completely redundant re-edit that will only serve to break the flow of each episode, seven minute long recaps, and an uninspired new OP and EP?

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
sawano music rips tbh so this is a worse recut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
I like the Idea of Gihren's Greed and I've tried to play the PS2 version several times, but I am an American baby who doesn't like that I can't read the writing.