Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Rinkles posted:

i have damage numbers on, but i don't see the point of displaying (humongous) health numbers when there are health bars

jfc

it's because giant numbers are cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

U-DO Burger posted:

jfc

it's because giant numbers are cool

there's enough visual pollution without em

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
Was finishing up the last bounty in a set last night and the last mob to kill was a rainbow goblin. Got the wings and the sword from it.

Finally beat D3.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Suburban Dad posted:

When somebody pointed out that kadala isn't wearing a hood and that's just her hair this really sunk in.

what the gently caress

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Spacely posted:

Was finishing up the last bounty in a set last night and the last mob to kill was a rainbow goblin. Got the wings and the sword from it.

Finally beat D3.

woah

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Spacely posted:

Finally beat D3.

Welcome to the wing club, brother.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

Ahem.

gently caress YOU, RNG! GO EAT GARBAGE, YOU USELESS PILE OF GARBAGE!

Stupid drat RNG converting my Gloves to the same Gloves, and then Pants to the same Pants. :argh:

AGAIN! gently caress YOU RNG!

This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to run a full set of loving Bounties every loving time!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

WarMECH posted:

I have damage numbers turned off because seeing the screen fill up with numbers in the BILLIONS every millisecond is stupid and meaningless.

What?! Why even play the game?!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Season 17: Holy War

Ramaladni's Gifts work on any item and there's no limit to how many sockets you can have

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is it just me or are the little shits that explode in poison clouds after death like 6x more deadly than anything in this game? If I die it's almost always from those stupid things

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Season 17: Holy War

Ramaladni's Gifts work on any item and there's no limit to how many sockets you can have

For the love of god.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
RNG? Just got the Gibbering Gemstone!

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

myron cope posted:

Is it just me or are the little shits that explode in poison clouds after death like 6x more deadly than anything in this game? If I die it's almost always from those stupid things

Anything that deals damage over time while you're in it like them or the arcane spinning lasers or Malthiel's little fog patches can kill you super duper fast because they don't stop hurting until you get out of them, I've noticed.

Getting mashed by a Mallet Lord just hurts once.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

myron cope posted:

I don't know why I'm too stupid to not vault right into them every goddamn time.

tetsuo posted:

I've upgraded my annoying death game from slow moving bees to dead accursed poop clouds.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

myron cope posted:

Those, when I'm not paying attention and end up killing an entire pack of them and sometimes can't move away at all!

Also the big belly-bursters that explode into worms.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There is nothing that kills a high solo GR dead more than those tongue licky dudes who do like 1mil+ instant, unavoidable damage whenever there's as few as 4-5 of them grouped together. I hate them more than bees, since at least they're easy to skip.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Suburban Dad posted:

When somebody pointed out that kadala isn't wearing a hood and that's just her hair this really sunk in.

Haha yeah I noticed when I upgraded my TV from 2004. You notice a lot of things with a resolution bump like that. (like the pixellated UI elements)

rarbatrol fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 27, 2019

Khorne
May 1, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

There is nothing that kills a high solo GR dead more than those tongue licky dudes who do like 1mil+ instant, unavoidable damage whenever there's as few as 4-5 of them grouped together. I hate them more than bees, since at least they're easy to skip.
Ghosts and tongue dudes and to some extent the spear thrower dudes are all potential GR wreckers.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

AGAIN! gently caress YOU RNG!

This wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to run a full set of loving Bounties every loving time!

I'm an idiot. I've been using the Reroll, not the Convert. :shepicide:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

oof

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
At least you uh.

You learned something?

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Khorne posted:

Ghosts and tongue dudes and to some extent the spear thrower dudes are all potential GR wreckers.
Ghosts were once so ridiculous. Being one shotted through a wall was beyond frustrating.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

lol :rip:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I'm trying to get a 5th piece of the Sand Waste set, the head or the feet. But the only things that keep dropping off Rifts, Grifts and Kadala is mother loving RAEKOR.

gently caress you Raekor.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kheldarn posted:

How many rolls did you transmute in total? I really need to know.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

At least you uh.

You learned something?

Yes. I learned that I'm incapable of reading.

MariusLecter posted:

How many rolls did you transmute in total? I really need to know.

Well, that's the good thing about this: I only did it 6 times, 3 each for Gloves and Pants. And the pants at least rerolled Ancient.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
That’s honestly not as bad as augmenting with the wrong stat

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Kheldarn posted:

Yes. I learned that I'm incapable of reading.

To be fair, those cube instructions are garbage.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

5er posted:

I should've smurfed... but I need a l.70 pair for my preferred pair.

I thiiiink you can gamble for a level 1 pair then reforge to 70 on your main account, if that's less effort. Plus a small chance that it's ancient

mewse
May 2, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I thiiiink you can gamble for a level 1 pair then reforge to 70 on your main account, if that's less effort. Plus a small chance that it's ancient

Nope

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hey, my first primal.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I'd gem of ease that bad boy for leveling alts. That's best case for most primals I find, especially random 2h ones.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Suburban Dad posted:

I'd gem of ease that bad boy for leveling alts. That's best case for most primals I find, especially random 2h ones.

I put hellfire amulets on alts for leveling, and drop the gem of ease on whatever mediocre piece of poo poo weapon eventually pops primal :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Same, generally. Grab one from the stash that may not even have the right main stat and roll with it. That one you could cube to remove the level req permanently and still keep the socket, though.

I was trying to make the guy not feel bad for getting 15 souls. :v:

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Suburban Dad posted:

I was trying to make the guy not feel bad for getting 15 souls. :v:

My first two primals this season were irontoe mudsputters, and a sash of knives. Denial only impedes the healing process.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Fuckit, primals should be worth 50 souls. You either get a useful item, or you get a free reforge out it. With how rare they are, that seems plenty fair.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just started pushing 80+ g rifts with my Witch Doctor in Zunimassa's.

The guide I found for Zunimassa's set said to use Firebats and Piranhanado but I paired Piranhanado with Plague of Locusts. Thanks to a belt that decreases movement speed of enemies by 80% when they got locusts on them, makes it really easy to crowd control.

And by crowd control I mean run around in circles spamming locusts, spirit walk, pirahnado and soul harvest.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 27, 2019

5er
Jun 1, 2000

gently caress this game, as ever, for throwing goblin packs & shrines at me when I'm either leveling fresh for the season or running a fresh alt through rifts, but soon as I'm in speed t13 farming gear, I get nothing but sterile, boring rifts most often in that awful, spaced out shrouded moors tileset.

I really loving hate the shrouded moors tileset.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Nothing is worse than the keeps basement. It grinds my N6M4 to a halt having to wait for sentry cooldowns. The difference between a favorable map like pandamonium and the keeps is easily >5 minutes clearance time at GR100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh Boy!

And they say Kadala never does anyone any favors.